PDA

View Full Version : Which gem animal is the best buy?

AnnirasSweets
03-14-14, 05:11 AM
I'm relatively new to Castle Story (level 18) I've recently bought some gems because I want to buy one of the gem animals. My question is should I buy the Alicorn, Manticore or one of the Dragons? I know this is a rather subjective question and I'll welcome any and all input. I'm mostly just trying to find which animal is going to give the best/most useful drops. Don't want to waste those gems! I appreciate any info you have to share.

Castloninian
03-14-14, 05:23 AM
The manticore and dragon eggs can drop from the forgotten roost (grey round thing with nest on top). Alicorn is nice but if you're an early player I think you'll find a wizard school or two more helpful. Or a fruit tree?

AnnirasSweets
03-14-14, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I already have fruit trees and a Wizard School, I think I'm good on buildings for the moment. This go 'round I'm trying to focus on the animals.

ninjalejones
03-14-14, 06:30 AM
I've gotten a lot of use out of my manticores, as the furdrops have been really useful in the Royal Exchange. The Alicorn is great too but it only gives you an energy refill once a week. I read somewhere on the forum that if you buy a dragon for gems, it won't drop from the roost so I haven't gotten one yet, I want my freebie, lol

jtm101
03-14-14, 06:46 AM
If you dont have many gems, how about the White Sheep. It's a good source for wool (obviously) which is useful for building up a collection of Windmills for hopefully a steady supply of flour. You can never have too much flour.

If you have 400 gems to burn, i'd get the Mithril Dragon. You will need lots of scales and a few Mithril in the future.

I would get a 2nd school first though, if you dont have it already.

claupu
03-14-14, 06:50 AM
I got my manticore egg the first time I collected from the forgotten roost and it is really helpful with the furs, but I would suggest that you go for the mithril dragon. It drops everything the red/brown one does and gives mithril in addition. You'll need mithril later in the game and it's quite hard to come by. And I love my "Big Blue"! He's so cute!

I don't think that you don't get a dragon egg from the roost if you buy one with gems before.

claupu
03-14-14, 06:53 AM
If you dont have many gems, how about the White Sheep. It's a good source for wool (obviously) which is useful for building up a collection of Windmills for hopefully a steady supply of flour. You can never have too much flour.

If you want to buy a sheep I'd go for the black one as it gives a Prime Cut every collection in addition to the wool. But you have to spend more gems for it than for the white one.

AnnirasSweets
03-14-14, 07:40 AM
Excellent advice, and I thank you for it. I went with the Mithril Dragon so I can start stockpiling early!

GoodyTwoShoes2
03-14-14, 08:45 AM
I got my manticore egg the first time I collected from the forgotten roost and it is really helpful with the furs, but I would suggest that you go for the mithril dragon. It drops everything the red/brown one does and gives mithril in addition. You'll need mithril later in the game and it's quite hard to come by. And I love my "Big Blue"! He's so cute!

I don't think that you don't get a dragon egg from the roost if you buy one with gems before.

I purchased the dragon early in my play and around level 32 I got the Dragon Egg from the roost. I have only been playing since late Dec. 2013 I think it was. :^)

GoodyTwoShoes2
03-14-14, 08:49 AM
I definitely would recommend to newer players to purchase one royal animal of each kind and 1 fruit tree of each as soon as you can because they are REALLY worth the extra and make moving up much, much easier! I didn't realize how much better the royal animals' drops were until I had been playing a while. AND my Mithril Dragons are the BEST!! NOW how about a GOOD source for ADAMANT!!! I am stuck waiting for enough Mithril to make Adamant!!!! :^(

ciarjen
03-14-14, 09:22 AM
Excellent advice, and I thank you for it. I went with the Mithril Dragon so I can start stockpiling early!

A wise choice. I have a second account where I had saved up 400 gems and I bought the Mithril dragon because I know how much it slowed me down not having mithril and dragon scales on this account. Its actually feels good to build up stock of stuff you know you will need.