PDA

View Full Version : Unique Kingdom Names & Favoriting Neigbhors

Gardienn
03-13-14, 08:14 AM
Players have a lot of confusion and some reputation and squatting issues with multiple kingdom names that are the same. I ask TeamLava to please change kingdom names to be unique, just like Storm8 IDs are. People are already used to finding unique names, and when we do hit upon one, a lot of us want to be the only one with that name. (There's a thread about this over in the general discussion board if you'd like to read some of the problems players have had in-game with same kingdom names.)

I'd like to see this retroactive so it is applicable to all kingdoms. Originating names can stand as is and any duplicates after that can have a number automatically added to them in the order they were created. This will greatly help us to keep our neighbors straight, avoid conflicts between neighbors mistaking posts or personae as someone else's, and keep us from getting confused when gifting. I urge you to do this.

An additional request, please give us the option to favorite certain neighbors and sort our neighbor list by favorites so we can visit our friends more easily. Beside each favorited neighbor's kingdom name could appear a star everywhere we see them in the game. This will also help us avoid confusion between similar sounding neighbor kingdoms. Implementing this would increase play time, because we'd be able to interact with our best neighbors much easier than we do now.

Thank you very much for seriously considering these requests.

eepopp
03-13-14, 10:19 AM
As a frame of reference for TeamLava, please see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66388-Kingdoms-with-identical-names)that's discussing Gardienn's suggestions.

The thread is an interesting read, and raises some good debatable points.

Gardienn
03-13-14, 11:28 AM
Thanks, eepopp.

PJColley
03-29-14, 11:56 AM
GREAT IDEA! I'm all for it!!

LadyLolepere
04-25-14, 07:17 AM
My only request regarding this subject, is to let us know if someone isn't playing. Well, it would be easier to let us know if our neighbor is a daily player. I visit all of my neighbors daily and I notice the same wild creature or the same crop.

CleoHotel
04-27-14, 02:30 PM
I can see people might want similar names but I was quite disturbed to find a Pet Hotel with my name, I've built my hotel and neighbours up. Surely people could be asked to differentiate with a number or date they started.