PDA

View Full Version : Goal Ovens

tracilynn2013
03-13-14, 12:04 AM
I have several ovens that are still locked on my bakery, they say goal on them but I have not seen any "goal" for them, like the pirate oven, bakesgiving oven, and several more (around 15 ovens at least!)
I am on level 73 so I do not understand why these ovens have not opened up yet! Can someone tell me how to get the "goals" to open up?
I am completley up to date on all of my goals and I NEVER miss a single one......

filochick1982
03-13-14, 12:10 AM
You probably started playing after those goals expired. That's why they are locked for you.

zerpiah
03-13-14, 08:22 AM
They should take away everything that has expired.

bobbyrae
03-13-14, 08:35 AM
They should take away everything that has expired.

They can't. There are those players who completed the goals who may still want to build more of those goal ovens.

zerpiah
03-13-14, 08:41 AM
Everything you have earned and unlocked will ofcourse stay in your inventory. If something expire it will disappear if you havent earned it, doesnt that make sense?

ashybooluvswelle
03-13-14, 10:57 AM
Everything you have earned and unlocked will ofcourse stay in your inventory. If something expire it will disappear if you havent earned it, doesnt that make sense?

Makes PERFECT sense. I hate scrolling and seeing that I missed the jazz oven,and the banana freezer pop one*sigh that was when I took a month break from the game;/

dreamspooky
03-13-14, 11:20 AM
Makes PERFECT sense. I hate scrolling and seeing that I missed the jazz oven,and the banana freezer pop one*sigh that was when I took a month break from the game;/

I don't mind knowing I can't use those ovens, but I hate when I have to scroll through that long list because a new goal oven is at the very end of it. Really annoying!

bobbyrae
03-14-14, 01:34 PM
I don't mind knowing I can't use those ovens, but I hate when I have to scroll through that long list because a new goal oven is at the very end of it. Really annoying!

Yup.

They used to put the new ovens at the front of the list. But I guess this way it is easier to get players to accidentally spend gems so...

filochick1982
03-14-14, 02:11 PM

I don't think they can do that. It either stays so older players who earned it get access to it, while newer players who didn't earn it can't, or they delete it altogether so no one can access it. They've chosen the former.

larissa2k
03-14-14, 03:58 PM
If they were to bring back ovens for gems would you buy like if they were to offer them for like 50 or 25 gem who would buy and does anyone know how they can get old Holliday ovens I got a few if they want to know I can tell them

bobbyrae
03-15-14, 05:04 AM
If they were to bring back ovens for gems would you buy like if they were to offer them for like 50 or 25 gem who would buy

I would not. It would not be worth it at that price.

filochick1982
03-15-14, 02:31 PM
I would spend gems to unlock old recipes/ovens. But I don't mind spending real money on this game. It's a form of entertainment for me, just like spending money on other things I enjoy. I wouldn't enjoy this game as much if I didn't spend money on gems because I would be limited on what I could buy and that's not my idea of fun, and fun is the reason I play this game in the first place.

If they were to bring back ovens for gems would you buy like if they were to offer them for like 50 or 25 gem who would buy and does anyone know how they can get old Holliday ovens I got a few if they want to know I can tell them

zerpiah
03-15-14, 02:37 PM
I have played many games with season basted stuff that are available for 1-2 month then gone. Of course you still have it if you bought it, but its not locked and put in ur face for several years. Its possible to make happen, but maybe not possible for TL.

I agree with you filochick. Its an entertainment. I rather spend some money on a game than go on a bar and drink all my money up. ;)

ElaineCarrel
03-15-14, 06:21 PM

Bringing them back and making them available 4 the price of gems wouldn't b fair 2 the ppl who earned the right 2 use the ovens by participating in the challenges. That's like asking TL 2 do away w the challenges and making ALL new ovens available 4 purchase w gems.

auroramom
03-16-14, 06:15 AM
I got to thinking that it would be hard starting now after all these goal ovens are locked. Luckily I've been playing for over a year and unlocked all the goal ovens as they were released. I don't think it would be unreasonable to offer the option to unlock goal ovens for gems after like 6 months. I do the goals for the fun so I wouldn't be upset that others didn't have to in order to get goal ovens. After all they could make unlocking the oven cost gems and wait a specific time frame after goal expires.

zerpiah
03-16-14, 06:38 PM
The fact that you get the goal ovens for free if you do them when they are released, will make you enough satisfied. So if someone want to pay with real money a few month later shouldnt really bother you. Thats my opinion.

zeldashepard
03-16-14, 07:49 PM
I got to thinking that it would be hard starting now after all these goal ovens are locked. Luckily I've been playing for over a year and unlocked all the goal ovens as they were released. I don't think it would be unreasonable to offer the option to unlock goal ovens for gems after like 6 months. I do the goals for the fun so I wouldn't be upset that others didn't have to in order to get goal ovens. After all they could make unlocking the oven cost gems and wait a specific time frame after goal expires.

I started playing early-mid September and I didn't have enough money to do the movie night goals. I would love to be able to unlock the old goals/challenges for some gems. I DESPERATELY want the Frosty Freezer and Puebla Oven (i'm Mexican and loooove pan dulce, so i really want to be able to make it here lol).

I WOULD BUY MORE GEMS TO UNLOCK OLD GOALS, TEAMLAVA. just saying :)

ElaineCarrel
03-16-14, 08:25 PM
The fact that you get the goal ovens for free if you do them when they are released, will make you enough satisfied. So if someone want to pay with real money a few month later shouldnt really bother you. Thats my opinion.
Well I'm sorry but it does bother me and I'll cont 2 support TL in their decision not 2 go back in time.

filochick1982
03-16-14, 08:36 PM
Well I'm sorry but it does bother me and I'll cont 2 support TL in their decision not 2 go back in time.

Can you please explain why it bothers you? It doesn't affect older players in anyway if they get ovens for free for completing the goal. It's not like they will be offered for gems to begin with. It would only be after the goal deadline had passed.

filochick1982
03-16-14, 08:38 PM
I don't think that's what is being suggested at all. I think you misunderstood.

They are not bringing anything back. The ovens are still there - just locked. They never took the oven away like they do when they remove seasonal content. And no one ever suggested removing the challenges to allow players to obtain them for free either. As I said, they should only be made available for gems after the goal deadline has passed and you can no longer do the goals.

Bringing them back and making them available 4 the price of gems wouldn't b fair 2 the ppl who earned the right 2 use the ovens by participating in the challenges. That's like asking TL 2 do away w the challenges and making ALL new ovens available 4 purchase w gems.

ElaineCarrel
03-16-14, 08:42 PM
Can you please explain why it bothers you? It doesn't affect older players in anyway if they get ovens for free for completing the goal. It's not like they will be offered for gems to begin with. It would only be after the goal deadline had passed.

It's the principle. If they do this then they would need 2 go back 2 day 1 or whenever they did the first challenge and make all of those ovens and goal related foods available and I'm pretty sure TL isn't about 2 do that. This whole issue has been brought up continuously and I'm pretty sure TL is aware of it.and I'm pretty sure if they were going 2 do this it would've happened already.

filochick1982
03-16-14, 09:27 PM
Again, I think you're confused. We are referring to goal ovens that are locked for players who weren't playing when the goal was on. We're not referring to ovens that have been taken away/removed due to being seasonal content. There's a big difference between the two. Nobody is asking TL to bring back removed ovens, only to be able to unlock existing goal ovens that are still visible to players.

It's the principle. If they do this then they would need 2 go back 2 day 1 or whenever they did the first challenge and make all of those ovens and goal related foods available and I'm pretty sure TL isn't about 2 do that. This whole issue has been brought up continuously and I'm pretty sure TL is aware of it.and I'm pretty sure if they were going 2 do this it would've happened already.

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 09:19 AM
Bringing them back and making them available 4 the price of gems wouldn't b fair 2 the ppl who earned the right 2 use the ovens by participating in the challenges.

What about all those android players who were playing the games at the time but who were never able to get those appliances because TL never released goals to them? Is it fair to keep the ovens locked for those players too?

larissa2k
03-17-14, 12:41 PM
I was wondering if they were to bring back old ovens and goal appliances for gems would you buy them and would older players mind if they were to do this.please remember that android players used to not get goals and some players didn't start until later when goal had long expired I asked a question on similar forum and it got off topic from original topic so thought I should start thread

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 12:56 PM
I'm an older player. I don't mind if they bring back goal ovens so that newer players can access them.

I would not buy them for gems as it defeats my purpose entirely of buying appliances which is to get the two gems from each recipe mastered.

I would not support bringing back goal ovens and charging gems for them because it would not be fair to android players who were playing when the goals came out and did not have the opportunity of completing the goals since the goals were never released to them. I got my goal unlocked appliances for free. How can it be fair to charge long time android players and new players gems for the same oven?

In my estimation the only fair thing is to release the goals to all players so that all players can have access to the decor and appliances.

filochick1982
03-17-14, 01:24 PM
I don't get the mentality of "it's not fair".

Offering the ovens for gems gives players a choice of access. They don't NEED to buy anything (ovens or otherwise) for gems, just like nobody is being forced to buy items in boxes or other decor for gems. It's the player's CHOICE. If the player wants it badly enough, they will spend the gems to acquire it. Sure, others were able to get them for free, but technically they had to jump through hoops to complete goals and spend tens of thousands of coins they probably didn't want to spend to get the oven, but they did it anyway.

Whilst I support the idea of offering all goals to all players regardless of when they started playing, taking away the deadline element of the goals by having them available indefinitely defeats the purpose of having the goal in the first place.

I'm an older player. I don't mind if they bring back goal ovens so that newer players can access them.

I would not buy them for gems as it defeats my purpose entirely of buying appliances which is to get the two gems from each recipe mastered.

I would not support bringing back goal ovens and charging gems for them because it would not be fair to android players who were playing when the goals came out and did not have the opportunity of completing the goals since the goals were never released to them. I got my goal unlocked appliances for free. How can it be fair to charge long time android players and new players gems for the same oven?

In my estimation the only fair thing is to release the goals to all players so that all players can have access to the decor and appliances.

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 01:27 PM
Again, I think you're confused. We are referring to goal ovens that are locked for players who weren't playing when the goal was on. We're not referring to ovens that have been taken away/removed due to being seasonal content. There's a big difference between the two. Nobody is asking TL to bring back removed ovens, only to be able to unlock existing goal ovens that are still visible to players.

I'm not confused, I know what ovens ur referring 2. There again, like I already stated, if they were 2 reopen the goal ovens and food then they'd have 2 go back 2 day 1 and make all goal ovens and food available both here and in RS. I know that at least in RS there's food I was never able 2 ck bcuz of when I started. I didn't start until July 2012 and accepted the fact that there were items that weren't available 2 me bcuz of when I started.
Maybe that's what everyone needs 2 do. Accept the fact that they're not available and move on.

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 01:34 PM
What about all those android players who were playing the games at the time but who were never able to get those appliances because TL never released goals to them? Is it fair to keep the ovens locked for those players too?
Yes it is since since that's just the way TL decided 2 handle things. Sure I'd b upset if TL decided 2 do this 2 iOS players but I'd move on. I wouldn't keep bringing it up continuously.

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 01:43 PM
I can't believe that this thread has been started since it's being heavily discussed in the thread Goal Ovens. I believe my opinion has been stated quite clearly in that thread. But I'll state it 1 last time. iI'm totally against them bringing back ANY OLD OVENS, whether it b goal or seasonal and selling them 4 gems.

larissa2k
03-17-14, 02:03 PM
Like I put in thread it was taken off topic of goal ovens and I wanted other opinion I just think this would be a good way for old players to come back to game and bring new ones in also tl would make money

kooky panda
03-17-14, 02:07 PM
There is already a thread discussing this topic.
Merging threads.

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 02:19 PM
Sure, others were able to get them for free, but technically they had to jump through hoops to complete goals and spend tens of thousands of coins they probably didn't want to spend to get the oven, but they did it anyway.

I didn't jump through hoops. The goals are usually pretty easy to complete. Of course, there were some goals I chose not to complete for whatever reason. If I didn't want the oven I didn't spend the coins to get it or to complete the goals.

Whilst I support the idea of offering all goals to all players regardless of when they started playing, taking away the deadline element of the goals by having them available indefinitely defeats the purpose of having the goal in the first place.

Offering the goals and having a deadline to complete it are not exclusive things. The one does not exclude the other.

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 02:22 PM
Yes it is since since that's just the way TL decided 2 handle things. Sure I'd b upset if TL decided 2 do this 2 iOS players but I'd move on. I wouldn't keep bringing it up continuously.

I can't believe that this thread has been started since it's being heavily discussed in the thread Goal Ovens. I believe my opinion has been stated quite clearly in that thread. But I'll state it 1 last time. iI'm totally against them bringing back ANY OLD OVENS, whether it b goal or seasonal and selling them 4 gems.

You mean "keep bringing it up continuously" like the way you keep stating your opinion on this matter?

filochick1982
03-17-14, 02:41 PM
I didn't jump through hoops. The goals are usually pretty easy to complete. Of course, there were some goals I chose not to complete for whatever reason. If I didn't want the oven I didn't spend the coins to get it or to complete the goals. Offering the goals and having a deadline to complete it are not exclusive things. The one does not exclude the other.

The difference is you had the CHOICE to do it in the first place. Players who have the goal ovens locked to them have no choices but they get teased by seeing them locked. Also offering all goals that don't expire at all would surely take up too much room in the server, similar to the reason why they need to continuously remove seasonal content. The other thing is, seasonal/holiday content is tied to goal prizes. If they didn't expire, the end prizes would become irrelevant to whenever the player completed them. It would be odd to finish a Christmas goal when it's not Christmas!

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 03:06 PM
The difference is you had the CHOICE to do it in the first place. Players who have the goal ovens locked to them have no choices but they get teased by seeing them locked.

Well, yes. That is why they should be unlocked. I have no problem just unlocking them for everybody without them having to complete the goals at all. I don't see why they should be offered for gems. I do not understand the reasoning behind that.

Also offering all goals that don't expire at all would surely take up too much room in the server, similar to the reason why they need to continuously remove seasonal content.

The goals, when released to all players would already have the same expiry date attached to them as when they were initially released. As I said, releasing goals to all players does not defeat any need to have an expiration date affixed to them.

Has TeamLava actually told us that the reason content is deleted is because of server space?

The other thing is, seasonal/holiday content is tied to goal prizes. If they didn't expire, the end prizes would become irrelevant to whenever the player completed them. It would be odd to finish a Christmas goal when it's not Christmas! Not all the goals were tied to seasons. Some were just random goals. I'm sure all the android players who have been playing from the day these games were made available to them would not mind cooking molten lava cakes in summer, or spring or fall or winter.

filochick1982
03-17-14, 03:19 PM
They are locked because the goals have expired. The goals have an expiry date because the end prizes (most) are usually seasonal/holiday content which need to be available around the time of that actual season/holiday. They might have the same length (eg 30 days to complete) but if a player had started playing after Christmas, and there was STILL a Christmas goal available, wouldn't that be odd? Why shouldn't they be offered for gems instead? Players can still choose whether they're willing to pay gems or not. It doesn't affect older players who already have access to them and were able to get them for free.
I've been playing for 2 years and in that time, I've only seen the SweetCo goals not being related seasonal/holiday content. Every other goal I've completed has had to do with a holiday or season.

Well, yes. That is why they should be unlocked. I have no problem just unlocking them for everybody without them having to complete the goals at all. I don't see why they should be offered for gems. I do not understand the reasoning behind that. The goals, when released to all players would already have the same expiry date attached to them as when they were initially released. As I said, releasing goals to all players does not defeat any need to have an expiration date affixed to them. Has TeamLava actually told us that the reason content is deleted is because of server space? Not all the goals were tied to seasons. Some were just random goals.

nmishii
03-17-14, 03:51 PM
I also don't mind if new players receive goals with the same expiration as when the goals were originally released. But I would wait to release non-seasonal goals when certain levels are achieved. They should unlock the holiday stuff for all during the holiday one year after the initial release, for the same price people paid when they were unlocked initially.

To give players the goals when they first start would mean they'd have to do them at a low level when they don't have enough resources. And they'd be doing them concurrently with the monthly goals, which can also be a struggle for low level players.

I was on playing on Android when the goals were released to iOS and not Android. TL eventually unlocked all the goal appliances to Android for the coin price that iOS paid in January after the goals were over. The only goal appliances were for Christmas. So we were making candy canes, turducken (RS), and other BS/RS holiday recipes on goal appliances in January, so I am not missing any goal appliances. What I still have locked from those goals are the goal decorations and the goal food on the basic appliances.

Back in those days they didn't have goals as often, so the next set of goal appliances (I recall) were for Valentines Day. The appliances were not locked by goals but a recipe was goal locked so I have appliances with one regular recipe and one locked goal recipe. Next were World Games goals that iOS got but Android didn't. TL gave Android most (not all) of the goal recipes, appliances, and decorations. It caused even more "unfair" forum posts than normal, because now they were coming from both Android and iOS. And when TL tried to remove the goal stuff from iOS it was a disaster - they removed stuff from Android that shouldn't have been removed, and they messed up on adding them back, plus I think they messed up iOS removals also. It took a while to straighten things out. This might be why they don't mess with the unlocking of stuff - they just can't do it right. Then Android got goals and we have been able to unlock the goal appliances since.

Its entirely possible for TL to not show locked goal stuff to those who didn't unlock them without messing up the players who do have them unlocked. They would have to write some code and define/set some new flags in their database and TEST it. With TL's history of releases, they most likely won't get it right.

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 05:45 PM
With TL's history of releases, they most likely won't get it right. couldn't agree more.

Well I didn't realise that android players got all the appliances. That must have caused qute a kerfuffle! Lol. I do remember the candy cane oven debacle. The release of the appliances must have happened when I had quit playing the games I guess. :rolleyes: haha and here I was fighting the good fight that didn't need to be fought. :p

One suggestion made in another thread was that the goals could be released with the same timers, but the players would have the option of starting the timers by clicking on/opening the goal.

I think nmishii's suggestion of having them released to players at certain levels is better.

Of course I still think everyone should have access to all the recipes.

larissa2k
03-17-14, 07:10 PM
I was just asking if there were players who wanted the goal ovens that bad that they would pay gem for them I wasn't saying anything to offend anyone.like the black Friday sale that brought back items I thought bring back old appliances for gems it was just a thought

bobbyrae
03-18-14, 07:49 AM
I was just asking if there were players who wanted the goal ovens that bad that they would pay gem for them I wasn't saying anything to offend anyone.like the black Friday sale that brought back items I thought bring back old appliances for gems it was just a thought

It's a good thought. You have not offended anyone.