PDA

View Full Version : Glimmerbulbs & Magic Fruit

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-11-14, 04:59 PM
I read the Inventory List posted here but unsure how up to date it is ...

Are these 2 fruits needed for anything beyond the upgraded fruit exchange in the Royal Exchange?
(I already completed the collection of 20 magic fruit for the "Faerie Magic" quest & got the purple cow.)

Just wondering if I should hold onto these 2 fruits for anything shortly down the line (I'm almost to Sabina) or if I should just exchange them for some energy and a trade ticket....

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Castloninian
03-11-14, 11:50 PM
I read the Inventory List posted here but unsure how up to date it is ...

Are these 2 fruits needed for anything beyond the upgraded fruit exchange in the Royal Exchange?
(I already completed the collection of 20 magic fruit for the "Faerie Magic" quest & got the purple cow.)

Just wondering if I should hold onto these 2 fruits for anything shortly down the line (I'm almost to Sabina) or if I should just exchange them for some energy and a trade ticket....

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Glimmerbulbs are ok to use, you can just replant them. Magic fruit on the other hand you only get 1 or 2 a day of, so is worth keeping a nice stash of.

I remember needing a lot of magic fruit for a timed quest, which is no longer relevant to you. I am sure it is used for other things too. I would keep at least 20 or more (I keep 50) just in case.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-12-14, 06:23 AM
Thanks Castloninian - I was able to regularly purge my inventory of glimmerbulbs in the Exchange when they were paired with the strawberries but now that magic fruit has been added to the mix, I've been reluctant to do so, for the very reason you stated (magic fruit comes once/day). Now I stay maxed on g bulbs so when Violet (my purple cow lol) or the magic garden etc gives me some, it pops up "you can't hold more glimmerbulbs". I've read somewhere on here that I will eventually be able to get faerie bulb seeds (or something like that) from harvesting glimmerbulbs but why plant them when I'm maxed on them & nothing to make/cook/do with them....so that's why the original question - trade em??

I guess, for now, I'll just hold off...in the event those elusive magic fruit are needed for something that's not listed on here anywhere. Thanks. :)

Castloninian
03-12-14, 07:38 AM
I've stopped collecting from the purple cow. I know there is a rare chance of getting a gem or two but I've not found it worth the energy when maxed in purple peteals, purple dye and glimmerbulbs.

belbar22
03-12-14, 08:28 AM
I've stopped collecting from the purple cow. I know there is a rare chance of getting a gem or two but I've not found it worth the energy when maxed in purple peteals, purple dye and glimmerbulbs.

Lol you are so right, but it has only just occurred to me. I decided this morning I was not going to collect from it for a while as I am desperately chopping trees and collecting white petals to make living wood. Only need 25 to upgrade my deep mine to level 5. I have made amazing progress in the last 4 days when it was at level 1 with no resources to upgrade it.

Rockinkitten
06-13-14, 07:56 AM
I wish we could use them for something else!

Rockinkitten
06-13-14, 08:00 AM
I need faerie bulb seeds (didn't know you needed seeds for bulbs btw, always thought bulbs WERE seeds but then again what do I know?!) so harvested 30 glimmer bulbs even though I was maxed and got two whole faerie bulb seeds... This is going to take a while!

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-13-14, 08:13 AM
Yeah, when we got the hint in the June sneak peek about the faeries returning, I thought, "YAY! Finally, something to cook or brew or make with all these glimmerbulbs!! Woot!" .... Well... Nope. Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-13-14, 08:14 AM
I also thought magic fruit would be needed a lot more for something, since the tree was released...but again... Nope. Lol

Rockinkitten
06-13-14, 01:06 PM
We need the magic fruit to get rid of the glimmer bulbs to get the faerie bulbs... Sigh!

dala12
06-13-14, 01:27 PM
I do not understand? My purple cow still give me different things and a lot of gems! So keep on tapping that cow. I do it and I do not understand why you stopped?

ryusei745
06-13-14, 02:29 PM
i always collect from certain things, no matter what, simply because there is a chance of gems: sir Piggy, Purple Cow, Apple trees(golden apple trade), and bijou dragon now. i recommend to always collect from things that could give gems. free gems, why not?

I agree with the fact that we need something to do with our glimmerbulbs other than fruit trade, i would rather use my magic fruit on the fruit farmers trade(chance of golden apple).

I would like to see a new kitchen item that uses glimmerbulbs, or an adventure in the possibly distant future when we do get another permanent adventure. they are a pain to harvest now too because dire boars spawn when collecting. just something more useful than the fruit trade for a fraction of the energy we spent on them.