PDA

View Full Version : Search the Ancient Vault vs Hunting Roaming Bandits?

Okin23
03-11-14, 01:26 PM
Just wondering which is the better value/drops? Are these two that different?

kooky panda
03-11-14, 01:31 PM
I have personally gotten better items from Hunting the roaming bandits but I have gotten some things from ancient Vault.
I try to mix up my adventures.

stuffedmounts
03-11-14, 01:37 PM
My experience is the opposite. the ancient vault has given me better items than hunting roaming bandits. Like kooky panda mentioned, I also mix up my adventures too. I feel like it gives me a better chance to get something useful, although I'm sure that's just my imagination.

tigarlilyvol
03-11-14, 02:13 PM
Same here with a few dark caves just for the hope of something different, but I probably do more roaming bandits.

amberly321
03-11-14, 05:49 PM
I had commented on another post that I rarely received those special "gift" boxes. Someone suggested that I try the same quest for several days in a row - any quest. I must say that I have found this advice to be spot on. So stick with one quest and do it solid for a week. Hopefully you will also find it gives a better return. Good luck!

stuffedmounts
03-11-14, 09:25 PM
I had commented on another post that I rarely received those special "gift" boxes. Someone suggested that I try the same quest for several days in a row - any quest. I must say that I have found this advice to be spot on. So stick with one quest and do it solid for a week. Hopefully you will also find it gives a better return. Good luck!
I did that with the desert sands quest trying to get the stupid burning ember. I actually had 10 quests in a row. Burning ember was nowhere to be found. :mad:

outhouse01
03-11-14, 09:35 PM
I did that with the desert sands quest trying to get the stupid burning ember. I actually had 10 quests in a row. Burning ember was nowhere to be found. :mad:

It took me about 30 for the first one. Second came very quickly. Now have 3rd egg. It's staying in invevtory as I am not going to focus on it. Too much time wasted in preparing and my knights only seem to get fatter and lumber on home with not much at all. Cheers

roguebee
03-12-14, 04:57 AM
I can't say for sure which is better as I don't keep notes, but I tend to prefer Hunting for Bandits if I have crafted (acquired) enough swords over the previous day.

jimboser
03-12-14, 06:51 AM
I've been doing a lot of the Ancient Vaults one, and have picked up several cows, pigs, and sheep lately. I did the Roaming Bandits a few times recently and have gotten two orange trees (I'm pretty sure that was the adventure for those).

I've also gotten lots of (to me) useless decorations from both, which are sitting in storage.

I'd do the Burning Sands one more often if I had more troll essence to craft armor.