PDA

View Full Version : stock piling food

pnkrosebud
03-10-14, 10:21 AM
Maybe it's because i'm using Android, but i see alot of my neighbors that have millions of foods on their so many counters. How do people achieve this? i i only have 4 or 5 counters out and i keep running out of food. I'd love to have a million of food too, even if i have 18 stoves out i still can't get that many counters with stock piled food. Closing the door isn't an option. Maybe i should just be satisfied with 4 or 5 counters.

nky1111
03-10-14, 11:30 AM
usually it begins to pile up by itself if you have more than ~10 ovens.
try cooking higher level recipes (from the end of the list on the regular oven), they produce loads of food

bobbyrae
03-10-14, 01:34 PM
You have 18 ovens and still can't stockpile food? Wow... Give me a second while i unblow my mind.

Are you cooking every day? Try cooking recipes that are not one day recipes and that have 1,500 or more servings. That should do the trick.

natalienat518
03-10-14, 06:25 PM
Just make sure your serving per day is larger than the serving you sell per day. Like, if your bakery layout allows you to sell 45,000 plates, then you should cook at least recipes that yield at least (45000/18 = 2500) per oven. Hope that helps! :D

CuteTali
03-10-14, 07:14 PM
Here are my suggestions:

1. Cook your highest level recipes from the basic stove.

2. Always have something being cooked and try to pick up food when it's done, rather than let it rot. Don't leave your appliances unoccupied, they should always have something on them cooking. On days you don't have time to touch the game at all, use the 22h or 2day recipes, but save those for busy days when you can't play. Use shorter recipes on days you can play.

3. Cook the exact same recipe or two (shorter for day, if needed and longer for night) and stick with it until the recipe is mastered.

4. Never block your door.

5. Make sure to always use the maximum amount of appliance slots you have.

I've had way too much food on counters for some years now and it never sells out. Listed above is my playstyle and the reason I can go on weeks or even months without cooking anything at all.

Acey09
03-11-14, 06:15 AM
What I do with 18 appliances:

1. I am still busy mastering all dishes, so I always have 6 appliances for those (not so hot) dishes. They usually are between 1,5 and 4 coins per plate and 2k-4k plates per recipe. I only have 6 hour dishes left to master, so I preduce on average: 6 app. x 3k plates = 18k plates x 6/24 hours = 72k plates per 24 hours. Worth 72k plates x 2,75 = 198k coins

2. If there are recipe goals the 6 appliances from point 1 are used your those dishes.

3. My other 12 appliances are used for Red Velvet Cake. This takes 22 hours, 1.225 plates per dish, but will yield 12 coins per plate. On average it will give you 12 app. x 1.225 plates = 14.700 plates per 22 hours and around 16k per 24 hours. Worth: 16k plates x 12 = 192k coins

This is a lot of math. But just to summarize:

I sell 45k plates per day. I have 10 counters. that means I sell 4.500 plates of each dish.
9 counters have an average of 2,75 coins per plate. 4.500 x 9 x 2,75 = 111.375 coins per 24 hours
1 counter is RVC with 12 coins per plate. 4.500 x 12 = 54.000 coins per 24 hours.

Total I gain 165.375 coins per 24 hours.

It would be better to only produce RVC (45k x 12 = 540.000 coins per 24 hours). However since you only produce 24k plates per 24 hours and you sell 45k per 24, you would not produce enough and would out sell after 12 hours.

Now I produce 72k + 16k = 88k plates per day. Having 43k plates in stock after 24 hours (you buils up your stock 43k plates per day this way).

This is not very profit directed. But since I really want the gems for mastering the dishes, this is how i do it. Also I am building up stock, so that after all my dishes are masterd, I can only produce RVC and I will not run out of stock very fast!

pff..... this has been a lot of calculation, and it opened my eyes a bit to my profit per day (which is not that high). So every I still keep on learning!

zerpiah
03-11-14, 06:32 AM
Oh boy! Is there something i dont like, its math! But what i can see by just looking at all recepies is that you earn more by dishes that doesnt take that long. So why do you cook RVC that take 22 hours? Or you havent mastered the dish yet?

Right now im very active so it will be a pain to do the 1 and 2 days dishes.

A way to stock food is to have less chairs they can sit on lol

Acey09
03-11-14, 06:38 AM
I think I leave that up to Bobbyrae to explain! Ghahahaha

bobbyrae
03-11-14, 09:30 AM
Oh boy! Is there something i dont like, its math! But what i can see by just looking at all recepies is that you earn more by dishes that doesnt take that long. So why do you cook RVC that take 22 hours? Or you havent mastered the dish yet?

RVC earns 12 coins per plate. Without doing any math, one can see that making rvc helps you to earn a lot more money in a shorter space of time if you have more counters of rvc out than any other food.
People who don't like millions of servings of food sitting on counters not going anywhere for ages and ages (like, say, me) prefer to cook rvc and hot apple cider and gingerbread cookies because they don't have that many servings, are high profit and they sell off pretty quickly, thus leaving space in our bakeries for other pretty stuff :)

Right now I have a few appliances to master in bakery. Once that is done I will go back to making RVC again. I have only the two new appliances to master in restaurant (and one monster oven) so once I have those two mastered I go back to making stuffed mushroom and peking duck and spreading them out on my counters since those make the best profit.

zerpiah
03-11-14, 11:35 AM
Yes if we just look at less stockings the recepies you have named is good. But if we look at money they are not. And XP i have noticed doesnt matter because we will all reach lvl 99 quite fast anyway. Hope they will add some more later.

You can always throw food away. The food you made from goals or from finish recepies. Food you dont really want. Just so you can earn money on the other food. I wish they had like where you could hide your food behind things so the customers couldnt reach it. That way you could decide what food to sell and what food to save. :)

truelavenderblue
03-11-14, 06:23 PM
Recently switched from Android back to IOS with my newbie second bakery due to ghost customers:

When I had chairs laid out, I was slowly losing food and earning even though my bakery was closed.

Solution: Kept storing the chairs, jammed the door whilst stockpiling, to prevent the food disappearing.

Got tired of doing that repeatedly, so I switched devices.

ElaineCarrel
03-11-14, 06:42 PM
Solution: Kept storing the chairs, jammed the door whilst stockpiling, to prevent the food disappearing. .
The mods will keep telling u that these games weren't meant 2 b played w doors blocked, jammed, or closed. This causes a QUICK SALE OR GHOSTS 2 ENTER AS SOON AS THE DOORS R REOPENED AND U SAY BYE BYE TO FOOD.thats y u can't keep ur food stockpiled. Ur defeating all the hard work and time uve put in.

mytsa
03-11-14, 07:52 PM
Couldn't see the advantage to have food piling up on counters, being a bakery, you should sell "fresh" food....:D

I saw someone said she's so bored to see her food stacked up there for months,
I think as long as there are food on counters is good enough,
if you really like to stock food, block the door is ok, this is like when we have a bad layout, customers cannot get in and you got no sale,
but don't block the door with a cash register, you are still in business even you cannot see your customers, this is the "take away" mode;)

LoveSouffle
03-11-14, 09:18 PM
Maybe it's because i'm using Android, but i see alot of my neighbors that have millions of foods on their so many counters. How do people achieve this? i i only have 4 or 5 counters out and i keep running out of food. I'd love to have a million of food too, even if i have 18 stoves out i still can't get that many counters with stock piled food. Closing the door isn't an option. Maybe i should just be satisfied with 4 or 5 counters.

Im guessing you just want to stock pile and not too worry about making most amount of profit per day. Players achieve the many pile of food by baking recipes with the most quantity of servings. For example:

In the morning (6/7am) Start with baking Sweet Potato Pie (4,000 servings in 20hrs) on all 18 ovens > serve the next morning > make Key Lime Pie (2,300 servings in 6hrs) > serve > Key Lime Pie again > serve > then make Watermelon Cake (3,500 servings in 12 hrs) > brings you to the next morning.

Continue by choosing another recipe with large number of servings like say... Lemon Pie if you don't have time to check every few hours or Blue Berry Buckle. Hope this helps & works with your schedule =] Have a lovely day.

filochick1982
03-11-14, 09:20 PM
Wow I wish I had this problem! Maybe the OP isn't mastering recipes and just cooking here and there.

Acey09
03-13-14, 06:24 AM
Couldn't see the advantage to have food piling up on counters, being a bakery, you should sell "fresh" food....:D

Perfect Mytsa! Ghahahaha!!!

AnnasCoffee
03-13-14, 06:51 AM
If you want stocked piled food ... Put all but one of your chairs in storage or turn them so they don't face the table. (I didn't read every post, not sure if someone already said this).

I agree with other posts, I prefer to sell my food (rather than stocked pile). But to each his own:)

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-16-14, 02:49 PM
Just keep making food. And if you get it as a gift accept it. I know some people hate it. But I dont care. And the beef stew and cappachino that takes forever to cook I think are awesome gifts.

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-16-14, 02:50 PM
If you do not have anywhere for people to sit they leave angry and your rating goes down.

ElaineCarrel
03-16-14, 03:07 PM
If you do not have anywhere for people to sit they leave angry and your rating goes down.
I agree w u. Turning ur chairs around is almost as bad as closing ur doors. Just keep cooking. I cook 24/7 no matter what so I never run out of food. It all depends on how many devices u have, what you're cooking-how long it takes-the # of plates, ur store's configuration and ur lvl.

bobbyrae
03-16-14, 03:18 PM

Having your star rating go down is not something about which you need be concerned All that happens is that food sells much slower and it affords you time to build up a little stockpile. Once you give customers access to all the chairs the rating goes back up pretty much immediately. Having your counters empty while your food cooks also makes your rating drop.

Closing the door is much worse than turning the chairs. Closing the bakery door has had some seriously adverse effects for some players. Not everyone experiences it, but for some players once the door opens all the food on the counters just disappears. I think some other things have happened as well but can't remember. So TL warns against doing it.

bobbyrae
03-16-14, 03:20 PM
Wow I wish I had this problem! Maybe the OP isn't mastering recipes and just cooking here and there.

As elainecarrell said, it really depends on how many appliances are available. On my secondary game i have about 10 appliances available and it is ridiculously hard stockpiling anything even while mastering food. I keep trying to cook higher yield recipes but it still doesn't "stick". I keep running out of food. Every now and then i will turn all the chairs except two just to build up some food.

zerpiah
03-16-14, 06:41 PM
I have noticed the rating only goes down if you are in your bakery. I always run out of food on restaurant story when i go to sleep and when i wake upp i have no food, but 100 rating points.

filochick1982
03-17-14, 12:24 AM
As elainecarrell said, it really depends on how many appliances are available. On my secondary game i have about 10 appliances available and it is ridiculously hard stockpiling anything even while mastering food. I keep trying to cook higher yield recipes but it still doesn't "stick". I keep running out of food. Every now and then i will turn all the chairs except two just to build up some food.

The OP already clarified they still have trouble stock piling food even when they have 18 ovens out. I've never ever run out of food in the 2 years I've been playing this game and I've had my feeding pen layout since the price hike to sell food faster and its still slow. I've recently been leaving my game open for 8 hours a night and that's helped speed up the food sales.

zifun
03-17-14, 08:24 AM
I don't like have tons of counters because it's harder to decorate, right now i have about 34 and i find cooking a variety of things helps get more counters and food stays on the counter longer. i try not to master the recipes on the regular oven quickly because i don't want to master everything and then get bored so i usually concentrate on mastering the recipes on the goal/specialty ovens and this helps stockpile my food. i will cook things on the regular ovens when there is a lull with new recipes or when i'm in desperate need of gems :) the food also doesn't stick around FOREVER because i dont have like 80 counters. i find this is the way i like to play

108thndrdome
03-17-14, 10:21 PM
I have an unfortunate stockpile of food- It sucks. The other day I read you only need 14 tables (that's all that is ever used at one time) to keep your customers happy. I have 17 tables and always rate 100. For those of you who want to stockpile and still decorate this is some good intel!

filochick1982
03-18-14, 12:43 AM
I have approx. 13 days left til all my old food sells out!!!!!!! Then it's time to master the last few recipes and then I can bake RVC plus other high coin foods, while being up to date with all recipes being mastered and not having millions of plates of food left over, or throwing away food. I can't wait......! :o

zerpiah
03-18-14, 10:34 AM
I have an unfortunate stockpile of food- It sucks. The other day I read you only need 14 tables (that's all that is ever used at one time) to keep your customers happy. I have 17 tables and always rate 100. For those of you who want to stockpile and still decorate this is some good intel!

I read that too and i dont understand. I thought if you have more tables you get more customers? Also if they dont have to go so far you win some time on each customer to finish quicker. I will read baout the "method" everyone is talking about, but reading through several pages in a forum take a long time.....

ElaineCarrel
03-18-14, 04:10 PM

I think u read wrong. The most ull ever have in ur place is 28 not 24, therefore u need between 22-26 tables and chairs in there. I'm sure if u ask the other old times they'll tell u the same thing.

natalienat518
03-21-14, 03:21 AM
I think I was one of the lucky ones in Bakery that managed to sell off all the food at one point :p (by not cooking for a month and letting all the food to sell out) but my stockpile is coming back soon (already 16 counters and counting, but still very little compared to my friend who has 53 counters)

filochick1982
03-30-14, 03:32 PM
I have 165,000 plates of food left at the moment (yay!) and currently mastering the last 18 recipes released from the 6 ovens released this year. Then it's RVC after that just to keep food on my counters, plus whatever new recipes get released. I love that I'm now so close to being up to date with this game as far as mastering recipes go and not having millions of plates of food sitting around. Patience has paid off, literally as I didn't throw the food away.

bobbyrae
04-01-14, 10:12 AM
I dumped food. Made only RVC and EGT for a while. Then when everything cleared out (save for a couple thousand servings) I started to master appliances again. I made the mistake to go after the clay oven and started with the recipe having the longest cooking time. I noticed the food piling up again and tried to spread them out over several counters. Then I stopped cooking again then did the goals and then went to the Italian thingabob appliance. I now have a huge stockpile again :( I made the mistake one day to serve cappuccino before I had checked to see if I had an empty counter. I could just weep! Everything got consolidated and now will take forever again to sell off. Arrrrggghhhhhh!!!! So now I'm making rvc again. :(