PDA

View Full Version : Food Replicator appliance?

camzenxbt
03-08-14, 06:09 AM
Hi there,

I've just finished getting all the peices to build the food replicator, only to find it comes with its own recipes? If 'replicator' is defined as replicating/copying something, why does the 'Food Replicator' appliance have its name if it doesn't actually replicate already-cooked foods (that are on the counters)?

meme1098
03-08-14, 08:15 AM
I thought the same too when I first started.
To see all the appliances and their recipes, go to the game guide thread, tap the appliance in post 2, tap again and the recipes for that appliance show up. You can check each recipe & time to cook. Very handy.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59838-Restaurant-Story-Game-Guide

TinksThots
03-08-14, 05:58 PM
Its name is misleading, yeah, but it's just another appliance, like the nacho machine or tiki oven. :-)

ElaineCarrel
03-08-14, 07:05 PM
The Nacho oven is a ripoff snve u only get 1 RECIPE . THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK IS THE DRINK MACHINE.

JCanary
03-14-14, 04:06 PM
I always wondered about that appliance. I LOVE the easy oven.

TinksThots
03-21-14, 05:52 AM
Personally, I have them all because every recipe is two more gems, but recipes per machine definitely influences how many of each machine I build. ;-)

ElaineCarrel
03-21-14, 04:32 PM
Personally, I have them all because every recipe is two more gems, but recipes per machine definitely influences how many of each machine I build. ;-)
I 2 have them all and I'm down 2 my final 4 appliances b4 I've mastered all of them.

bobbyrae
03-22-14, 02:01 PM
Actually...the replicator had nothing really to do with copying/duplicating existing food. The food replicator was something designed to provide food on board space ships. It actually manufactured, created the food from the molecular level. It eliminated the need to carry food onto the ship from earth and store it, taking up valuable space and also running the risk of having spoilage.

It's a Star Trek thing. :) Some developer obviously is a trekkie. I believe we got a bunch of Trekkie stuff around the same time, but they were labelled "futuristic". I'm not sure how many players actually picked up on it at the time though.

ElaineCarrel
03-22-14, 04:37 PM
Actually...the replicator had nothing really to do with copying/duplicating existing food. The food replicator was something designed to provide food on board space ships. It actually manufactured, created the food from the molecular level. It eliminated the need to carry food onto the ship from earth and store it, taking up valuable space and also running the risk of having spoilage.

It's a Star Trek thing. :) Some developer obviously is a trekkie. I believe we got a bunch of Trekkie stuff around the same time, but they were labelled "futuristic". I'm not sure how many players actually picked up on it at the time though.
Thx 4 explaining all the "futuristic " items I've noticed in the Design Tab. I always wondered where, when and y they'd been created. I also thought the appliance seemed out of place considering the other appliances names.

bobbyrae
03-22-14, 04:41 PM
Thx 4 explaining all the "futuristic " items I've noticed in the Design Tab. I always wondered where, when and y they'd been created. I also thought the appliance seemed out of place considering the other appliances names.

I think there was a waitress in a teleporter as well. That's what tipped me off initially. I thought we would have received a Dr. Spock chef, or a Scotty but no such luck.

ElaineCarrel
03-22-14, 04:52 PM
I think there was a waitress in a teleporter as well. That's what tipped me off initially. I thought we would have received a Dr. Spock chef, or a Scotty but no such luck.
I think the closest we came 2 space was the airplane update at some pt last yr. I think it would've been neat or would b neat 2 have a space themed challenge.