PDA

View Full Version : How many people play CS?

Queenzod
03-06-14, 12:01 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows how many people play CS worldwide? Or even if anyone knows how many times the game has been downloaded? I have a friend who scoffs at me playing this game, and I would like to counter with, "oh, yeah? Well, 10 million people all over the WORLD play this game!"

I don't make fun of her and her stupid flappy/angry birds. Now that's a waste of time! ;)

mamareader02
03-06-14, 12:06 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows how many people play CS worldwide? Or even if anyone knows how many times the game has been downloaded? I have a friend who scoffs at me playing this game, and I would like to counter with, "oh, yeah? Well, 10 million people all over the WORLD play this game!"

I don't make fun of her and her stupid flappy/angry birds. Now that's a waste of time! ;)

Yeah! You tell em! I get scoffs for my " little games" too! At least my blood pressure doesn't rise when playing shoot em up style games,and progressing up a level is enjoyable,you never get " stuck" on a hard level(I don't like you either,bubble,jewel or candy mania!)

bobbyrae
03-06-14, 12:07 PM
The figures will always be skewed if you look at the number of downloads as representing the number of active players.

I do not play castle story. I did, however, download the game for the sole purpose of getting rid of the annoying castle story goal pop up in the games I do play.

oliverrr11
03-06-14, 12:17 PM
Let's see.... It says there are 72 members online now and 161 guests. If we assume that they all play -that's 233 right there...then there is you, and me - no- wait- scratch that. We are included in the above numbers. Then I have 60 or so neighbors, again some of who may be on now and also included...so let's deduct, say,...4 for that, so I would be able to safely say at LEAST 289. Glad I could be of some help.

PS: watch what you say about the birds...

Queenzod
03-06-14, 12:38 PM
Let's see.... It says there are 72 members online now and 161 guests. If we assume that they all play -that's 233 right there...then there is you, and me - no- wait- scratch that. We are included in the above numbers. Then I have 60 or so neighbors, again some of who may be on now and also included...so let's deduct, say,...4 for that, so I would be able to safely say at LEAST 289. Glad I could be of some help.

PS: watch what you say about the birds...

Thank you so much for this...scientific analysis! I'm sure you are correct, 'cos you used Maths and stuff. I might hesitate to venture, however, that there might be a couple more people than that. ;)

oliverrr11
03-06-14, 12:43 PM
Thank you so much for this...scientific analysis! I'm sure you are correct, 'cos you used Maths and stuff. I might hesitate to venture, however, that there might be a couple more people than that. ;)

You are so very welcome! ...And I did take into account that there may be more by saying "at LEAST"...

Queenzod
03-06-14, 01:24 PM
You are so very welcome! ...And I did take into account that there may be more by saying "at LEAST"...

Thanks! Lol!

1304mjw
03-06-14, 01:36 PM
I play on two devices under two user names. I love this game

claupu
03-06-14, 01:49 PM
I play on two devices under two user names. I love this game

As do I. And on neither one I can do the update grrr.

ghjvcucjb
03-06-14, 04:31 PM
What if someone suffers from multiple personality disorder, would That count as 1 player or multiple players?

oliverrr11
03-06-14, 04:45 PM
What if someone suffers from multiple personality disorder, would That count as 1 player or multiple players?

Great question!! I Know I can't answer you. ...Do they all play? Do they each have a storm8 ID? Does it even matter?? Can 1 account with multiple players count one for each or only 1 for the account??? Wow! Now you have me wondering!

belbar22
03-06-14, 04:59 PM
Actually I have 4 accounts although I only play on this one. So does that count as 1 player or 4 players. Seems an impossible question to work out. However when my husband moans that I am mad and obsessive, I always tell him that there are thousands of people just like me who are just as obsessed. Only problem is he always wants to know how I know. Lol

tintedshadow
03-07-14, 03:15 AM
I often wonder this, but there must be so many downloads that don't get played as well, about half my neighbors haven't played for ages.

My other big question is: How old is everyone who plays? I'm 24, I get the impression there are quite a few older players but my husband says it's a kids game (but I have caught him playing and rearranging my kingdom before!)

claupu
03-07-14, 03:38 AM
My other big question is: How old is everyone who plays?

I'm 37 and hooked as it's a great game.

Queenzod
03-07-14, 09:20 AM
I often wonder this, but there must be so many downloads that don't get played as well, about half my neighbors haven't played for ages.

My other big question is: How old is everyone who plays? I'm 24, I get the impression there are quite a few older players but my husband says it's a kids game (but I have caught him playing and rearranging my kingdom before!)

Your hubby rearranged your kingdom? Off with his head! I monitor every blade of grass in my kingdom and would have a fit if someone came in and moved things around.

I'm not sure this is a kids game. It takes an incredible amount of patience. Not that kids don't have patience, but this game can be slow and tedious at times, and I don't think that kids would be that interested in something that moves this slowly. By kids, I mean the 8-12 age range. I am not in that age range. Okay, I'll just say it. I'm 56.

Now I feel really lame. :D

onemansmiracle
03-07-14, 09:31 AM
i have 1012 neighbors now.But i just took a rough look and i think more than 70% of them no longer play.. something has to be done.

CottageRose
03-07-14, 10:04 AM
Your hubby rearranged your kingdom? Off with his head! I monitor every blade of grass in my kingdom and would have a fit if someone came in and moved things around.

I'm not sure this is a kids game. It takes an incredible amount of patience. Not that kids don't have patience, but this game can be slow and tedious at times, and I don't think that kids would be that interested in something that moves this slowly. By kids, I mean the 8-12 age range. I am not in that age range. Okay, I'll just say it. I'm 56.

My husband would be afraid to poke his nose through the door if he was caught rearranging my kingdom! I deliberate over placing or moving every tree and tall patch of grass. And, don't worry - you are younger than me. ;D

belbar22
03-07-14, 11:33 AM

Ha Ha. I thought I was the only "middle aged woman" who was totally addicted to this game. I am 49 .... just

My husband is totally fed up with me playing and is always teasing me about my addictions (Also addicted to DS and play both games continuously) I have just trained him to send me jewels as he has gone away with his IPad for a few days, thus cutting off a vital supply of jewels and gold in DS. I was totally amazed he agreed to do it. Lol

crystalrayn3
03-07-14, 12:41 PM
I'm 37 and hooked as it's a great game.
I'm 36 & addicted as well. I get strange looks from my hubby & boys over my love of TL games. I stick my tongue out & remind them that "mommy time" is under my jurisdiction, not theirs LOL

ghjvcucjb
03-07-14, 01:10 PM
My mental age according to family is 12. In my defense my DH's mental age according to family is 8, therefore I am much more mature than him. According to my friends I'm mentally at least 17! This game is teaching me patience unlike anything in real life and therefore is making me a better more patient person. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I lost a ton of neighbors during that 6+ months of no updates. Several tried to come back but felt frustrated and behind the eight ball with all the time quests straight out of a no update stretched so they left permanently. Only started playing games a year and a half ago and this is the only one I've stayed with for more than a few months. Love all the new updates but not sure how new players are able to do it with all the goal lines. I think I would be frustrated if I just started. But I didn't! So I'm having a fantastic time! Love this game!

1304mjw
03-07-14, 01:46 PM
Ha Ha. I thought I was the only "middle aged woman" who was totally addicted to this game. I am 49 .... just

My husband is totally fed up with me playing and is always teasing me about my addictions (Also addicted to DS and play both games continuously) I have just trained him to send me jewels as he has gone away with his IPad for a few days, thus cutting off a vital supply of jewels and gold in DS. I was totally amazed he agreed to do it. Lol

Haha. I'm nearly 54 and love this game! ( I also refuse to be middle aged until I'm at least 60!! Lol)

ghjvcucjb
03-07-14, 02:51 PM
Haha. I'm nearly 54 and love this game! ( I also refuse to be middle aged until I'm at least 60!! Lol)

Average Lifespan worldwide is 71 years old so middle age is actually 35.6 years. :(:mad:

Queenzod
03-07-14, 03:31 PM
Average Lifespan worldwide is 71 years old so middle age is actually 35.6 years. :(:mad:

Trust a 12 year old to point that out. Thank you SO much! :P

ghjvcucjb
03-08-14, 11:32 AM
Trust a 12 year old to point that out. Thank you SO much! :P

A mature 12 year old, thank you!:p

poppelia
03-08-14, 02:25 PM
Well I am a woman age 45. What I wonder is: majority female players?

Queenzod
03-08-14, 04:37 PM
Well I am a woman age 45. What I wonder is: majority female players?

I wondered that, too. I see a lot of male avatars working in the kingdoms, so I dunno! Not to get all feminist about this, but has anyone else noticed that on the opening graphic, the boy avatars hands are in fists, and the girls are open?

Queenzod
03-08-14, 04:38 PM
A mature 12 year old, thank you!:p

You crack me up. BTW, it's good to see you back on the forum again. You went away for a while and I missed you!

TinksThots
03-08-14, 05:25 PM
Chiming in at 30 years old. I'll also mention that the majority of my nbrs on this & my other games (BS, RS, & DS mainly) are also somewhere around my age, and some are even senior citizens. When players are below a certain mental age, that psychological need for instant gratification is too strong for games like these. For housewives with ungrateful chores glaring at us, they're downright marvelous. (^_^)

As far as actual number of active players who are in it for the long run, I'd put it somewhere in the upper thousands, worldwide, per game, and probably hundreds of thousands for all TL games combined. (off the top of my head, straight outta my backside, that is. I've really no idea) =P

piperonline
03-08-14, 06:10 PM
I'm in my thirties and very much a CS addict. I've wondered for a while if everyone else was much younger than me. :)

And Queenzod, I noticed that about the male and female characters too! I do think that the story lines in the game are nicely gender-neutral for the most part. And my avatar swings her sword like no one's business!

poppelia
03-08-14, 11:35 PM
Wow, I didn't notice that only now you mention it. Interesting!

poppelia
03-08-14, 11:36 PM
I mean @queenzood

Castloninian
03-08-14, 11:41 PM
36-yr old (oops 37, today is my birthday) woman chiming in.... don't be fooled by male/female avatars. I have the man walking round in my kingdom, because my 6-yr old son started playing this game. Once I realised how it worked and got addicted to it I tried to change my avatar but my son was having none of it. So I remain gender confused.

ghjvcucjb
03-09-14, 12:36 AM
You crack me up. BTW, it's good to see you back on the forum again. You went away for a while and I missed you!

Awww, thank you. That's really sweet:). Medical stuff but trying to get back to normal...as normal as I get :p

oliverrr11
03-09-14, 12:38 AM
36-yr old (oops 37, today is my birthday) woman chiming in.... don't be fooled by male/female avatars. I have the man walking round in my kingdom, because my 6-yr old son started playing this game. Once I realised how it worked and got addicted to it I tried to change my avatar but my son was having none of it. So I remain gender confused.

So Queenzod may really be Kingzod??? (Just kidding xoxo);)

Queenzod
03-09-14, 12:51 AM
So Queenzod may really be Kingzod??? (Just kidding xoxo);)

Could be, but not. :). I'm all grrrrl.

Queenzod
03-09-14, 12:52 AM
Awww, thank you. That's really sweet:). Medical stuff but trying to get back to normal...as normal as I get :p

My thoughts are with you!

tintedshadow
03-10-14, 08:41 AM

Oh don't worry, I had an epic fit! And proceeded to put everything back exactly where it had been and explained to him each little detail and reason for where everything was! Every time I played for weeks (probably months) I would mutter things like " I can't believe you destroyed my castle game, why would you do that to me?!" Lol. He claims he was helping. He had organised everything into sections, grouping similar things together, but I make up little stories for the people who live in the cottages and who owns which cow etc etc. He hasn't done it since, but he's occasionally harvested things for me or fed the animals.

shambalaya
03-10-14, 04:33 PM
33 years and Shambala is my queendom ;)