PDA

View Full Version : Auto button for monsters -- Pleaaase

elaur
03-05-14, 05:22 AM
This game is usually great and I spend lots of money on it but the monster ****ing has become so tedious. Please give us an automatic button for people who don't want to have to hit every troll 5-7 times (and all monsters) It could do a random calculation on how many hits and how much energy we get.

I would love if you could chose auto monster in a setting somewhere and have castle story auto **** monsters we run into when we have a long list of tasks for our character to do but this isn't as pressing.

Please! Begging!

kaif8770
03-05-14, 06:41 AM
Hi elaur i think its odd bcoz the ruler have to do this. Its his job. You can do some combos. Like hit the left sword damage is -1 and then hit the right sword the damage is -2 sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

I would also like to say that a new quest on damaging monsters.(its my idea just a suggestion)
You collect from the troll kings lair and scroll on the weakness of mosters. You visit old thomas' house and you do aresearch and after that damages increase like when u hit a monster damages are -2 or sometimes even -3. So could waste a little less energy for defeating the monsters.

elaur
03-05-14, 11:24 PM
No one else is interested in this?? Don't monsters drive you bonkers whole collecting?

Castloninian
03-05-14, 11:34 PM
I don't mind them too much. Often when I catch a troll or something I quickly collect from things that normally trigger a fangbeast as they drain energy but other than that I use the things they give to do trades in the exchange. The actual 'fighting' doesn't take long at all.

eepopp
03-06-14, 12:22 AM
No one else is interested in this?? Don't monsters drive you bonkers whole collecting?

I'm in the opposite camp. As a feature request, there are a lot more new things that I would love to see in this game.

From a production standpoint, if I were in TL's shoes, I would rather task available engineering resources to create new systems and features that the designers and artists can plug in content and art assets.

From a player perspective (speaking for myself), while random monster pop-ups can be annoying when you're in a groove to collect coins or crops, their random appearances breaks the monotomy of click/collect gameplay.

In some cases, battles enhance the "story" of "Castle Story". I actually LOVED fighting Griselda and having to whack her 99 times. An auto-complete-battle button would have ruined the epic battle that led to her Vader-like redemption. If a feature like that existed now, it would have destroyed my immersion into the story.

So after writing all that and thinking about it a little more, I would definitely NOT want a feature like that to be implemented in this game.