PDA

View Full Version : Why does serving gifted food cost me money?

The_Real_Chris_B
03-03-14, 04:20 PM
I've been playing this game for about 3-4 years now and just noticed this today. When I served food that was gifted to me by neighbors (stew, cupcakes, etc.), it took away some of my money.

Why would gifts take money to serve?

Not that this matters much to me since I have over 50 million, but I am just curious why this is.

ElaineCarrel
03-03-14, 04:28 PM
R u sure? I never noticed that, I just notice the coins I make on it.

The_Real_Chris_B
03-03-14, 04:53 PM
I'm 100% sure. I just served some and the very second you serve it and the "Gifts Menu" disappears, look up at your money counter. It'll subtract from your total. I didn't catch how much it removes but it was around 20-50.

I rarely serve food that's gifted to me as I have more than enough food on my counters usually so I didn't notice this until now.

bobbyrae
03-03-14, 05:22 PM
My coin count doesn't roll back. Maybe all those millions of coins you have broke your bank :p

The_Real_Chris_B
03-03-14, 05:27 PM
Are you sure? I served 3 different gifted foods and they all subtracted from my coin count.

When I'm gifted again, I'll update on whether it happens again.

And lol, that would be out of this world if all my coins busted the counter.

bobbyrae
03-03-14, 05:33 PM
Quite sure. I finally served that stray french toast and some stew. Didn't go up or down. When the customers started leaving the coin count went up appropriately.

Also tried it in my back up game and same result.

I should note for the record that I do not have over 50million coins in either account. Ahem. So my coin counter is not busted.

It would be interesting to hear from other people with over 50million coins though to see what their experience is.

nmishii
03-03-14, 06:26 PM
I have over 50M coins.

I opened Restaurant Story Ski Lodge on Android. Coin count was 55,998,629. I served 900 plates of gifted Stew. Coin count went up normally.

Then I tapped the Design tab. I was going to cook french toast to get the stew on one counter. Then i decided not to.

When I got out of the design tab my coin count went back to 55,998,629. Then it started going up normally. Then I exited the game and didn't get back in.

I'll try it again later. I'll also try it on Bakery Story. I have over 50M there also.

shanapiv
03-03-14, 09:50 PM
It's weird, I've noticed when I'm just looking at my restaurant in RS and BS, my coin count will randomly go down by a little...

WrestlerHouse
03-03-14, 10:56 PM
Probably a glitch or something. If it's that much trouble email team lava.

bobbyrae
03-04-14, 06:24 AM
Checked again this morning and it didn't go down.

I know nmishii plays on an android device. What do you play on RealChrisB?

Anyone else experiencing this?

The_Real_Chris_B
03-04-14, 08:34 AM
I play on Android. I haven't been able to check again, unfortunately, since I didn't receive any food gifts fromymy neighbors today. I'll let you guys know if it happens again though once I get a food gift.

angelmama24
03-04-14, 09:59 AM
Sometimes I noticed that my coin count reduces slightly by serving food (placing clothes in fashion). To get my true coin balance, I'll visit a neighbor and return home. The coin count then corrects itself.

bobbyrae
03-04-14, 10:10 AM
Sometimes I noticed that my coin count reduces slightly by serving food (placing clothes in fashion). To get my true coin balance, I'll visit a neighbor and return home. The coin count then corrects itself.

Do you play on an android device or ios?

JCanary
03-06-14, 11:04 AM

I tried a screen shot of before and after.

JCanary
03-06-14, 11:05 AM
Now with food

No change for me.

ElaineCarrel
03-06-14, 03:04 PM
My gifted food doesn't cost me money 2 serve. I would hope it didn't bcuz I could no longer refer 2 it as a gift.
I play on a iPad and iPhone.

The_Real_Chris_B
03-07-14, 01:41 AM
Still can't give an update guys. Neighbors still only sending me parts. It's strange because I always request parts even if I don't need them at the moment but for future use. However, they always just sent me food anyway. Now, I haven't gotten a single food gift since posting this.

I'll likely get a food gift sooner or later. I don't want to request food from them because they'll either not listen anyway or stop sending me parts.

JCanary
03-14-14, 04:08 PM
Did you ever get food?