PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate of Mermaid Scale from pond and well after the Gem Mermaid Pond is added

mamalovesson
03-02-14, 11:47 PM
I was so happy right after I've got the "Research Aquifers" accomplished about two weeks ago which led me to get 2 or even 3 mermaid scales from my 2 ponds and well, it was like a great relief for scale to craft enchanted essence.

However, I have noticed that drop rate been dropped dramatically to 1 from 2 ponds and wells or even zero(I always fish at the same time). Does anyone having the same experience? Did the drop rate being modified after the gem Mermaid Pond been put in store?

Please share your experience.

Queenzod
03-02-14, 11:52 PM
I thought it was because of the new Gill Potion. I've been fishing like mad all evening and gotten about 10 total. Very low return rate. I dunno, I'm trying not to get stressed about it. They'll come eventually. :)

maguar
03-03-14, 04:49 AM
You were actually having a very good run getting 2-3 per collection from three sources. I've had that shard for ages and I still go through periods where I get decent drops and periods where I don't get anything.

mamalovesson
03-03-14, 05:37 AM
You were actually having a very good run getting 2-3 per collection from three sources. I've had that shard for ages and I still go through periods where I get decent drops and periods where I don't get anything.

It was before the Mermaid Pond is in the Market Maguar, I got only 1 scale or even non out of 4 at the time I fish.

maguar
03-03-14, 03:11 PM
The rate you were getting before the mermaid pond was in the market was exceptional. Normally even with the shard most players didn't get that good a rate. The mermaid scale is an uncommon drop so it has a smaller chance of dropping. This chance resets every time you collect. Because of this it is possible to get 0 from 6 collections to 6 in 6 collections though usually it's more towards the lower side.

Just letting you know that TL doesn't decrease drop rates when items are needed (in fact they don't decrease drop rates at all). They will increase them from time to time (manticore whiskers have just been increased).

mamalovesson
03-03-14, 03:17 PM
The rate you were getting before the mermaid pond was in the market was exceptional. Normally even with the shard most players didn't get that good a rate. The mermaid scale is an uncommon drop so it has a smaller chance of dropping. This chance resets every time you collect. Because of this it is possible to get 0 from 6 collections to 6 in 6 collections though usually it's more towards the lower side.

Just letting you know that TL doesn't decrease drop rates when items are needed (in fact they don't decrease drop rates at all). They will increase them from time to time (manticore whiskers have just been increased).
Thanks you very much for your information Maguar. xx

sookiebooks
03-03-14, 06:02 PM
I was so happy right after I've got the "Research Aquifers" accomplished about two weeks ago which led me to get 2 or even 3 mermaid scales from my 2 ponds and well, it was like a great relief for scale to craft enchanted essence.

However, I have noticed that drop rate been dropped dramatically to 1 from 2 ponds and wells or even zero(I always fish at the same time). Does anyone having the same experience? Did the drop rate being modified after the gem Mermaid Pond been put in store?

Please share your experience.
I'm glad to know its not just me. I was getting way more mermaid scales than fish but now I get fish all the time. It takes forever to get a mermaid scale. Maybe one out of every 8-10 times fishing. I will have to get a the mermaid pond to be able to get the scales needed. It really did change over night it seems like. This is my first time trying to post on forum so hope it works this time lol but anyway I spend most of my energy trying to get scales these days!!!

mamalovesson
03-03-14, 06:16 PM
I'm glad to know its not just me. I was getting way more mermaid scales than fish but now I get fish all the time. It takes forever to get a mermaid scale. Maybe one out of every 8-10 times fishing. I will have to get a the mermaid pond to be able to get the scales needed. It really did change over night it seems like. This is my first time trying to post on forum so hope it works this time lol but anyway I spend most of my energy trying to get scales these days!!!
So we are not alone sookiebooks. I can hardly get fish as well, one out of 4 maybe. One thing I am glad is I kept fishing for scale and able to have enough to brew over 30 enchanted essence (phew) however I can hardly get scale and fish nowadays when I need fish.

Good luck with out ponds and wells and have a great day. xx

gdmcrjunkie
03-03-14, 06:24 PM
They will increase them from time to time (manticore whiskers have just been increased).

Ahhh I knew it! I'd been thinking it was either that or my luck had somehow become exceptionally good lately :D

As for mermaid scales, my drop rate's about the same. I've dedicated most of my energy to gathering scales and I'm slowly but surely getting back to my usual 90. Good luck, everyone!

Castloninian
03-03-14, 10:59 PM
I've chosen to buy the pond to help my lack of scales too. I don't believe they change droprate, it is just when you're desperate for them and don't have many, that you notice they don't drop often. When you don't use them they build up quick enough. I've even done two trades with Belladonna because she gives you 7 scales each time (that's what I got twice). I think I now have enough potions and 10 enchanters essence so hopefully scale shortage is soon over.