PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering what does a moderator do?

WrestlerHouse
03-02-14, 02:03 PM
I see people called moderators on the website and I know they control the forums and help people, but do they have permissions in game, too? Also how do you get mod? Thanks, Matt.

kooky panda
03-02-14, 03:24 PM
Moderators, like myself, are players that help out on the forum answering game questions, moderating threads, and flagging over bugs or glitches that show up in the games. We are not part of the Team Lava Staff.
Community Managers are team lava staff.

When needed, the community managers will invite members to become moderators.
They usually will watch for members that are very active on the forum for a long period of time, show knowledge of the games and understand and follow the forum rules.
New moderators are not needed at this time.

WrestlerHouse
03-02-14, 06:31 PM
Ok thanks for responding.

tastydelicacy
03-29-14, 01:59 AM
So Kooky, when you were asked to be a mod, what was your reaction? Does the job disrupt you from doing stuff? Do you get paid? I think that being a mod is so cool!

kooky panda
03-29-14, 02:31 PM
I applied for modship when Group Magma was taking applications about 2 1/2 years ago.

I wanted to apply back then because Group Magma was pretty much the only community manager on the forum and he only had one moderator. I wanted to be able to help get the forum organized and be able to help with game questions and getting bugs and issues reported over.

I am not on payroll so I am not part of the staff so I can come and go whenever I want, but it does take a lot of my personal time to be on and read through the threads.

I love doing it but yes, sometimes when the forum gets really busy I have been known to cancel dinner plans to stay home and help out on the forum.
Some weekends, my laundry and house cleaning does get a little behind. (Mr. Kooky is not to happy )

It is pretty cool and I love when I can personally help someone with a game problem, but it can rough when I have to do real mod work like
staying on members to follow the forum rules.

(Contrary to popular belief I am really a big old Teddy Bear:))

I do have a 40-50 hour week real job, so I do sometimes have some late nights catching up on the forum and bringing home work that I did not finish the day before because I was on the forum.

I am lucky that I own my own business so as the boss, I do not get in trouble for being on the internet during work hours!
(My employees just think I have a lot of conference calls and I cannot be disturbed .LOL)

dala12
05-16-14, 12:18 PM
Read this thread and I wanted to add: Well you are appreciated! You have help me and I was glad that you did! I did not know that it was such a lot of work! I hope you enjoy it a long time.