PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: March/April Sneak Peak

Aggwynn
02-28-14, 02:46 PM
Hey All,

Another month has gone by and we're soon entering March! Since we got so much positive energy from the February Sneak Peak, we decided to do another one for March and a bit of April.

1) The Blythewood Sapling Story Arc
Part 3 will be the final chapter and is scheduled to go out first week of March.
-Summary of each part:
Part 1: Old Thomas reaches out to a long-time friend. A letter arrives that may split the Kingdom in half. A life is saved and welcomed into the Kingdom.
Part 2: The Baron destroys a piece of history. The Kingdom re-constructs lost knowledge with outside help. The Faeries become restless.
Part 3: Another side of the story gets revealed, however, history's timeline is still blurry. The Kingdom takes a stand and supports a side. Things stay uncertain while the stranger sleeps.

2) The Troll Tribe Story Arc

-The Troll King is gone and we have his Ruby! What's going on with the Trolls now? Did they get a new King?
Many players pointed out this part of the story feels incomplete, and they're right! The Troll Tribe story is going to be told in 5 parts and will continue where we left off after defeating the Troll King. Available to players that defeated the Troll King and are Level 22+.

-Why are we going backwards? I thought we were focusing on Level 30+ content?
We are not moving backwards exactly, just out of order for a bit. The plan was always to expand on the Trolls and their position in the Glimmerwood. The Trolls are major players in the Glimmerwood and we want to fill in this missing piece of the story before moving forward. As alluded throughout the game, the Trolls and Faeries were the original inhabitants of the Glimmerwood. Understanding the Trolls and the Faeries will lead to finding the true heir.

-What happens once the Troll Tribe Story Arc comes to an end?
Once we complete this story arc we will continue where we left off with the Blythewood Sapling. We will continue to build on the story with all of the pieces in place.

-Can you tell us more about the upcoming story?
Trolls. Troll Factions. Faeries. Faerie Factions.

3) Other Things
-Saint Patrick's Event
A week long event to get lucky! Dig around the Kingdom to pick up charms for your rainbow pot!
-Something is terrorizing your crops and it's not a Skunkupine!
-New Items, New Food, New Trades, New Crafts, New Buildings, New Friend!
-Fish?!

Happy Friday All!
-Aggwynn and Glimmergate :cool:

eepopp
02-28-14, 02:52 PM
The upcoming updates sound AWESOME!!!

Edit (KP) Teaser!!

:cool:

mymummy789
02-28-14, 02:53 PM
sounds like my birthday month is going to be exciting :D
But,if there are new buildings coming, please tell me there will also be new expansions?!?!?!?!

Liloze
02-28-14, 02:53 PM
Woow that is absolutely EXCITING :D Thanks TL :)
New Expasion as well?! lol pleaseee if there are new buildings without expansions you'd be really chocking us lol.

m1stery
02-28-14, 02:58 PM
WOW this sounds simply AMAZING!!!

Trolls and Faeries were the original inhabitants of the Glimmerwood. Understanding the Trolls and the Faeries will lead to finding the true heir.

Don't know why, but this part is most intriguing to me :D

New Expasion as well?! lol pleaseee if there are new buildings without expansions you'd be really chocking us lol.

I really hope for this. My kingdom is full. No more space :O

oliverrr11
02-28-14, 03:03 PM
Thank you! Expansions not on the list?? Please surprise us with some! I want Sabina off my castle's front lawn!!

echowuuu
02-28-14, 03:07 PM
Thank you! Expansions not on the list?? Please surprise us with some! I want Sabina off my castle's front lawn!!

I second this, more expansions please.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-28-14, 03:38 PM
Ohhhh, exciting!! Finally something I can participate in cuz it's not *just* for the old players! Wheeeeeee! I'm so excited for St. Patty's, particularly! Yay TL! :)

zoo123g
02-28-14, 03:53 PM
sounds brilliant!!! i love you Teamlava. you're game is the best !!

brdwybaby
02-28-14, 04:18 PM
Sounds exciting! But I second, third, fourth...whatever number the motion to get new expansions! I have ZERO space.

glimmergate
02-28-14, 04:20 PM
We can't guarantee a date for when expansions are coming, but we can say that they are on our roadmap :)

jtm101
02-28-14, 04:27 PM
New fortunes would be nice too, even if it were just 1 new fortune a week.

I do hope that the Troll Pit will soon drop something more than just coins, perhaps Troll horns/essense in the coming weeks?

I see you are keen to add more food/materials in the game. If this is the case we desperately need the Inventory to be better sorted. Dare i suggest the following categories...(just off the top of my head, this has been suggested elsewhere)

Food (crops/kitchen)
Materials (wood/stone/workshop)
Nature (water items/flowers/seeds etc)
Decorations
Buildings

oliverrr11
02-28-14, 04:35 PM
We can't guarantee a date for when expansions are coming, but we can say that they are on our roadmap :)

Yay!!! Thank you!!!😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Ps: my map shows a shortcut just around the next bend on the right....

claupu
02-28-14, 04:46 PM
Phew, I hope the trolls don't overwhelm my kingdom. I just started the Fairie Respite quest and in the main storyline I'm about to expand to the Forgotten Roost. Lots and lots of things to do, craft, collect, feed, water...

But I'm very excited and can't wait to beginn the new quests. Thank you TL for this awesome game!

tollerach
02-28-14, 05:02 PM
This sounds great. These sneek peaks are a great way to keep us players coming back for more. I also want to appreciate all of the quest line work that you are doing. Great content means dedicated players.

glimmergate
02-28-14, 05:04 PM
New fortunes would be nice too, even if it were just 1 new fortune a week.

I do hope that the Troll Pit will soon drop something more than just coins, perhaps Troll horns/essense in the coming weeks?

I see you are keen to add more food/materials in the game. If this is the case we desperately need the Inventory to be better sorted. Dare i suggest the following categories...(just off the top of my head, this has been suggested elsewhere)

Food (crops/kitchen)
Materials (wood/stone/workshop)
Nature (water items/flowers/seeds etc)
Decorations
Buildings

New fortunes are also on our plate - we intend to keep supporting the Fortune Teller regularly :)

zoo123g
02-28-14, 05:11 PM

yayy thank you :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-28-14, 05:14 PM
Easter is in April & no mention of anything related to that, so guess my chickens won't be laying colored eggs lol? No pet bunny rabbit?...ooh! Or is that the new creature that will be terrorizing our crops & eating all my carrots? Lol

Galadraal
02-28-14, 05:23 PM
Hey All,

Another month has gone by and we're soon entering March! Since we got so much positive energy from the February Sneak Peak, we decided to do another one for March and a bit of April.

1) The Blythewood Sapling Story Arc
Part 3 will be the final chapter and is scheduled to go out first week of March.
-Summary of each part:
Part 1: Old Thomas reaches out to a long-time friend. A letter arrives that may split the Kingdom in half. A life is saved and welcomed into the Kingdom.
Part 2: The Baron destroys a piece of history. The Kingdom re-constructs lost knowledge with outside help. The Faeries become restless.
Part 3: Another side of the story gets revealed, however, history's timeline is still blurry. The Kingdom takes a stand and supports a side. Things stay uncertain while the stranger sleeps.

2) The Troll Tribe Story Arc

-The Troll King is gone and we have his Ruby! What's going on with the Trolls now? Did they get a new King?
Many players pointed out this part of the story feels incomplete, and they're right! The Troll Tribe story is going to be told in 5 parts and will continue where we left off after defeating the Troll King. Available to players that defeated the Troll King and are Level 22+.

-Why are we going backwards? I thought we were focusing on Level 30+ content?
We are not moving backwards exactly, just out of order for a bit. The plan was always to expand on the Trolls and their position in the Glimmerwood. The Trolls are major players in the Glimmerwood and we want to fill in this missing piece of the story before moving forward. As alluded throughout the game, the Trolls and Faeries were the original inhabitants of the Glimmerwood. Understanding the Trolls and the Faeries will lead to finding the true heir.

-What happens once the Troll Tribe Story Arc comes to an end?
Once we complete this story arc we will continue where we left off with the Blythewood Sapling. We will continue to build on the story with all of the pieces in place.

-Can you tell us more about the upcoming story?
Trolls. Troll Factions. Faeries. Faerie Factions.

3) Other Things
-Saint Patrick's Event
A week long event to get lucky! Dig around the Kingdom to pick up charms for your rainbow pot!
-Something is terrorizing your crops and it's not a Skunkupine!
-New Items, New Food, New Trades, New Crafts, New Buildings, New Friend!
-Fish?!

Happy Friday All!
-Aggwynn and Glimmergate :cool:

Can NOT wait!!!!!!! the updates sound amazing!!! thank you Team Lava for such creative story telling and story lines

Galadraal
02-28-14, 05:25 PM
Sounds exciting! But I second, third, fourth...whatever number the motion to get new expansions! I have ZERO space.

I don't have much space either with all the flowers, mushroom rings, ponds and wells as well as all the buildings

my607
02-28-14, 05:28 PM
Yes, sounds great the update but where's expansion

Galadraal
02-28-14, 05:33 PM
Yay! thanks glimmergate :-) I am so grateful to finally start having some space for everything. I like the look of the trolls :-) I think it'd be fun to have a friendly troll in our kingdom like we have the pet skunkupine :-)

I agree with better sorting in our inventory also -- they have a "consumable" category but it's empty and so is the "special" category

Queenzod
02-28-14, 06:59 PM
I was wondering why, when I usually get 2-3 trolls per week, I've gotten 7 over the last 24 hours! It's great 'cos I was scraping the bottom of the barrel on troll essence. It's kinda smelly down there.

I'm very excited about this storyline. TL have really been outdoing themselves over the past few months, and it is so appreciated. I know I complain (it's my right as a consumer), but I'll try to do better. And I hope TL will do better, too, by giving us some EXPANSIONS! :)

mafruha
02-28-14, 09:24 PM
Hope we can all afford the future plans. Otherwise some of us will be deprived from the mithril dragon as they have to buy with 400gems..

gdmcrjunkie
02-28-14, 11:13 PM
So excited! I'd say the wait will be hard but lately there's been so much to do I think I'll manage :D Once again I'm so glad I stuck around for one more week after I'd decided to stop playing CS. Thank you & keep'em coming, TL!

onemansmiracle
03-01-14, 04:14 AM
Great! Looking forward to all those upcoming updates :)

mjauuuu
03-01-14, 04:26 AM
I really wish there was a "Like" button for this thread because these upcoming updates sounds absolutely amazing! I can't wait:)

parlski
03-01-14, 04:32 AM
best,.. game,.. ever!
while I have my complaints (gem traps, timed quests, etc) for me, no other game has been as enjoyable as CS.
in addition tote many others, i just wish to give my kind thanks to the while team.

kolakid
03-01-14, 04:50 AM
nice....also want to thank mods & Team as only TL game to really get a quick response!

kolakid
03-01-14, 04:53 AM
Aggwynn & Glimmergate ...thanks soooooo much as always for ur input:)

Liloze
03-01-14, 02:29 PM

Thank you thank you thank you thank you :);):D THANK YOU ....I LOVE YOU :o:D

Liloze
03-01-14, 02:33 PM
New fortunes are also on our plate - we intend to keep supporting the Fortune Teller regularly :)

Awesome TL you are AWESOME :)

fino212
03-01-14, 04:18 PM
Thankyou so much for all the hard work and creativity you guys have been putting in lately. I am totally obsessed with this game and sooooo excited for all these updates that are coming up. Just a point about unfinished storylines though with regard to the one where there was a theif in the kingdom and the rulers locket got stolen and was never found. There was an intriguing story starting about the rulers past and how she/he came to be in the kingdom but they had to drink a potion to jog their memory then sleep it off for a few hours. Then nothing more was ever said about this and we're none the wiser. Is the ruler still sleeping? Lol! I do hope this storyline too will be finished in the future as I wanna know what happened

kooky panda
03-01-14, 05:17 PM
I really wish there was a "Like" button for this thread because these upcoming updates sounds absolutely amazing! I can't wait:)
Go to the top of the thread and you hit the "rate thread" button :)

rachmac07
03-01-14, 08:45 PM
Expansions AND a cool St. Patrick's themed quest?

OKAY. Take my money, Team Lava.

zoeee87
03-01-14, 10:04 PM
Omg... I am soooooooooooo super excited!!!!

jim23cash
03-01-14, 10:37 PM
Woo hoo! Thank you!

lunerasilver
03-01-14, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the update! It's really fun waiting to see what's coming next. Castle Story us my favorite cell phone game! I think I'm getting a little obsessed. TY programmers, designers, artists and forum moderators ��

p.s. Inventory organization improvements would be fabulous!

Aggwynn
03-02-14, 09:33 PM
Thankyou so much for all the hard work and creativity you guys have been putting in lately. I am totally obsessed with this game and sooooo excited for all these updates that are coming up. Just a point about unfinished storylines though with regard to the one where there was a theif in the kingdom and the rulers locket got stolen and was never found. There was an intriguing story starting about the rulers past and how she/he came to be in the kingdom but they had to drink a potion to jog their memory then sleep it off for a few hours. Then nothing more was ever said about this and we're none the wiser. Is the ruler still sleeping? Lol! I do hope this storyline too will be finished in the future as I wanna know what happened

We haven't forgotten about that =)

tintedshadow
03-03-14, 03:30 AM
I was a bit confused by that quest line too, it just seemed to finish without any real ending. I'm looking forward to more troll story but I feel like it's taking so long to complete the Greselda quest that I'm falling behind! I've been on the same bit for about 2 months now waiting for a dragon and now the scales to make the sword of darkness, I finally got my adult dragon about 10 days ago but only have 6 of 10 scales so far :s

Galadraal
03-03-14, 09:57 AM

YES! I think the ruler is the missing heir and the Baron knows. Griselda seems to be aware the baby was kidnapped also

Aggwynn
03-03-14, 06:57 PM

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-03-14, 07:10 PM

LOL, you're such a tease, Aggwynn :wink:
Are Vikings coming???

gdmcrjunkie
03-03-14, 07:20 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!

What's that? What's that? D: How long do we have to wait??

Queenzod
03-03-14, 08:21 PM
LOL, you're such a tease, Aggwynn :wink:
Are Vikings coming???

That looks like the Troll Kings helmet! Woot!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-03-14, 08:32 PM
That looks like the Troll Kings helmet! Woot!
OH!! Lol, I haven't quite gotten to the troll king yet ... Cool :)

aypeerez
03-03-14, 09:25 PM
Love it!!! Thank you. I need to retire so I have time to keep up Lol

fino212
03-03-14, 11:07 PM
YES! I think the ruler is the missing heir and the Baron knows. Griselda seems to be aware the baby was kidnapped also

That's what I think too. Exciting stuff :)

jimboser
03-04-14, 08:45 AM

And the new Troll King is.... Thurston?!?

tollerach
03-04-14, 10:36 AM

These teasers are great, really building the anticipation. Thanks for the previews!

sheri59
03-04-14, 03:00 PM
I agree with all the people who are asking for more space. Especially with increase in maximum number of royal building we need a lot more room! I think getting more expansion is more important than getting a new story line every week. Not that I am not happy with new stories. But I want the extra space more than the updates at this point.

zoo123g
03-04-14, 06:18 PM
vikings? :) lol

allstamper
03-04-14, 06:50 PM
Definitely need some expansion as others have said. It's difficult finding room for everything. Also it would be nice if you could bump up the maximum point level to 50 instead of 40. Thanks for a great game.

MBRBTBRB
03-04-14, 11:31 PM
-Saint Patrick's Event
..........New Friend!
Leprechaun!!!!!

babman
03-05-14, 12:22 AM
sounds exciting! But i second, third, fourth...whatever number the motion to get new expansions! I have zero space.

more space please!

onemansmiracle
03-07-14, 12:48 PM
I agree with all the people who are asking for more space. Especially with increase in maximum number of royal building we need a lot more room! I think getting more expansion is more important than getting a new story line every week. Not that I am not happy with new stories. But I want the extra space more than the updates at this point.
yes more space pls! i have to put 20 buildings in my storage, there is no more space in my kingdom.

jptheripper
03-08-14, 11:29 AM
i dont have anything in storage except plants , and i still have room?

ghjvcucjb
03-08-14, 11:38 AM
I'm going to rename my kingdom, Corset. Because I'm so jammed in I can hardly breathe. PLEASE *gasp* MORE *gasp* EXPANSIONS *gasp gasp*. Thank you *passing out, slipping into comma*

Wollstonecraft
03-08-14, 09:45 PM

While I am excited for all the new stuff and appreciate all the fun and surprises that is sure to come, I too agree that we need lots more space. I already have to store lots of things and can't really arrange my kingdom how I would prefer due to lack of space. Please add more expansions :)

Liloze
03-09-14, 09:04 AM
I'm going to rename my kingdom, Corset. Because I'm so jammed in I can hardly breathe. PLEASE *gasp* MORE *gasp* EXPANSIONS *gasp gasp*. Thank you *passing out, slipping into comma*

OMG you are Hilarious and hit the nail on the head ;):D:cool: Thanks for the laughs ����

eva178
03-14-14, 05:03 AM
​Hi Dear Moddoraters, I'm really looking forward to this update...! But.. When exactly Wi'll that be?
I love this game!! And are seriously addicted to it, maybe I should looking for some therapies :confused:

claupu
03-14-14, 07:20 AM
​Hi Dear Moddoraters, I'm really looking forward to this update...! But.. When exactly Wi'll that be?
I love this game!! And are seriously addicted to it, maybe I should looking for some therapies :confused:

You can have that right here on the forum
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39633-Castle-Story-Anonymous

kooky panda
03-14-14, 09:55 AM

This week's update thread

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66448-Castle-Story-03-13-2014-Update-Saint-Patrick-s-Day-Event

Bexx85
03-19-14, 05:55 AM
I just noticed a new item called Swampy Pond in the market (nature/other) that is locked by goal. Maybe a kind of free mermaid pond?

Castloninian
03-19-14, 05:59 AM
I just noticed a new item called Swampy Pond in the market (nature/other) that is locked by goal. Maybe a kind of free mermaid pond?
Oooh yes. No idea what it is, guess we may find out on Thursday.

dadspad
03-19-14, 06:29 AM
I just noticed that my royal points jumped a couple hundred points on my 2 iPads I play on regularly, but for the life of me can't figure out what building have changed in value, or if I'm getting credit now for building that I haven't finished building yet. If the latter, I don't remember that being the case before.

m1stery
03-19-14, 06:55 AM

I just noticed that too, thx for pointing it out. :)
It seems like yet another 3x3 object and my Kingdom has literally 0 squares of space!!! :(

kooky panda
03-19-14, 10:54 AM

The Goals for this item will be available tomorrow! :)

Early teaser!

Queenzod
03-19-14, 12:08 PM
I have not this item in my market! Those darn shopkeepers. I never have the new goods in my kingdom; I think my shopkeepers need a new sourcing supplier. :)

Gabi2111
03-19-14, 12:25 PM
I have not this item in my market! Those darn shopkeepers. I never have the new goods in my kingdom; I think my shopkeepers need a new sourcing supplier. :)

My shopkeepers are even worse. I saw the swampy pond yesterday (12 hours) ago in my nature section and now I can't find it anymore. How can you loose a pond I ask you? I should fire those shopkeepers... Lol

kooky panda
03-19-14, 12:44 PM
Mine is gone too. Since is was a little " oops moment" I am sure TL went ahead and removed it, but we should be seeing it again tomorrow!

rabsos
03-19-14, 09:36 PM
OMG you are Hilarious and hit the nail on the head ;):D:cool: Thanks for the laughs ����

I love these threads you guys are so funny and clever!!

vednir
03-20-14, 09:16 AM
Intriguing. Hopefully spending 400 gems on the mithril dragon turned out to be a good decision. I have a feeling there will be more gem only items coming out soon enough and some may be more useful than the mithril dragon.

Force311
03-20-14, 09:47 AM
When will the upcoming troll quest line start? Will it be sometime this month or in April?

calesi30
03-20-14, 09:57 AM
Maybe the swampy pond has something to do with fish! One of the hints for this month was fish so I would bet they are probably related!

addme6789
03-20-14, 10:57 AM
I couldn't agree more! I'm always checking to see if the expand sign is showing!

ginrae22
03-20-14, 09:32 PM
So ... I kept trying to collect charms for one last rainbow pot or whatever they are called but literally not one single one of them has dropped today... So we can still craft it until tomorrow but why couldn't I collect anymore. I chopped and chopped trees and collected from flowers and tons of crops and nada.

Queenzod
03-20-14, 09:54 PM
So ... I kept trying to collect charms for one last rainbow pot or whatever they are called but literally not one single one of them has dropped today... So we can still craft it until tomorrow but why couldn't I collect anymore. I chopped and chopped trees and collected from flowers and tons of crops and nada.

Because they withdrew that option this morning. Crafting can continue until the 24th. You can chop them afterwards.

ginrae22
03-21-14, 08:54 AM
Yeah I saw that it's extended but I'm still not getting a single thing to drop. No clovers etc. Hmmm. Thanks for responding.

meme1098
03-21-14, 10:44 AM
Yeah I saw that it's extended but I'm still not getting a single thing to drop. No clovers etc. Hmmm. Thanks for responding.

That's because the collecting part is over like Queenzod said. You can't collect items anymore but you can still craft the pots until the 24th and you can store or place & chop the pot whenever you want.

terrymum
03-30-14, 02:29 AM
I would like the expansion to go to that building/lookout / shrine/ etc that I can see at the right hand edge of the map, just so I can finally find out what it is! The extra space wuld also be welcome as I can then take some of the buildings etc. out of storage !.

jaybay1147
04-26-14, 12:52 PM
How dare the trolls get a new king!!!

I rule the glimmer forest11111