PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Board (For improving Gameplay)

Unregistered
01-16-11, 01:28 AM
Feel free to add your suggestions or back up mine!

1) A 'close shop' button so you can close your shop at night or why you are away. Many people are already blocking their doors when they need to stock up on food so rather than doing it through 'design' mode...why not just give players an option button.

2) A photo album. We have the ability to take photo's of our bakery. Why not give players an album that others can view. Let us show of our changes through time.

3) A 'delete Neighbour' button next to the names on our neighbourhood list so that we can easily take members off our list.

4) A 'reset bakery' button. I find many people accidentally make mistakes or simply want to start from scratch. I'm not saying that we should get all our money back that we spent on gems, just a simple default button to tart over.

5) The ability to hire waitresses for messy tables or dirty spilled floors. Make it challenging and add some humour. If the tables aren't cleared customers get grumpy, or worse....they throw up from smelly old food. If there's food spilled on the floor...customers slip up. If the place is clean then customers leave bigger tips? What about health inspections or food critic visitors to give you a certificate for your cafe wall.

Okay that's all the ideas I can think of for the moment, If anyone wants to add an idea or back up my suggestions feel free!!!

Unregistered
01-16-11, 01:42 AM
What about a fridge or cupboard appliance to allow food to be automatically stored for a small amount of time. Say if it took 1hour to cook some biscuits (and so they will go off in an hour if not served).....then the biscuits will last 2hours in the fridge.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 05:01 AM
I think an option to report user or send private messages would be good!!

wyndancer
01-17-11, 02:38 PM
1: I am not in favor of having wait staff... I do not have the time to deal with them. It then becomes more like another game that is already out and you still have patrons upset at the slow service.

2: I would like to see more options for food/drinks and times. Esp shorter times.

3: I like the gifting system, except you never know exactly who received gifts and who didn't since the limit is 20 per day.

4: It would be nice to have the option to remove a person from the invite neighbor section. or have the invite disappear if they do not accept after x-number of days. I have 3 that were sent out the end of December and no response, time to axe them.

5: the disappearing food bug: others have mentioned this in other threads. it is annoying esp when I figure I am good for a few hours and come back to check msgs before heading out and the food is gone after 10 minutes or less. I get lots of money, but was counting on the food being there for a while. So the bakery gets closed again until the food is ready. Just irritating.

5: overall, for a free app unless you wish to buy gems or coins, I like this app. It is easy, fun, and doesn't require me to be there constantly to monitor my bakery. That is a plus when you have an outside life beyond the virtual world. Thanks for doing a good job.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see a small alfresco dining area in the grassed area, complete with little umbrellas etc

Lady_Lollycake
01-18-11, 09:07 PM
Wow i love the outdoor setting idea!!!!

What about the option to choose detail about the outside of our store? Like the bricks and sign work. Or a little letterbox to receive personal messages from other players.

Unregistered
01-18-11, 09:15 PM
i have an ipad and an iphone, i would love to be able to check on the same bakery i have on two devices. as of now, i havent done much with my iphone bakery because i only want one bakery... a login would be nice here.

Lady_Lollycake
01-19-11, 06:45 AM
Please more avatars to choose from!!!

Unregistered
01-20-11, 05:44 AM
I would like to rotate my bakery to see it from all sides, and can we have a menu board for the wall.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:32 AM
We can already delete neighbors, no? And I think PM is not workable because most of us have strangers as neighbors...can you imagine the spam and flaming that might start if we can PM? There'll be alot more QQing on these boards. Nonetheless, good to see some fresh ideas coming in and hopefully this will get TL moving *prods developers with a stick*

I just think we should get a ton more decorations. All the bakeries are starting to look same-y to me. Come on TL, look at the amount of stuff you can buy on RS. I want a flamingo **** it.

Lady_Lollycake
01-22-11, 04:47 AM
I would like to be able to gift furniture and gems to other people!

Unregistered
01-24-11, 11:15 AM
2: I would like to see more options for food/drinks and times. Esp shorter times.

Yes, absolutely, more recipes with shorter times! There is no 30 minute recipe for the ovens, which I would really like!

I also like the alfresco dining in the grass idea that someone else mentioned. That could be really cute.

Lady_Lollycake
01-24-11, 09:29 PM
So far the most popular ideas are: alfresco dining, and shorter cooking times or more recipes!!!!

Unregistered
01-26-11, 02:15 PM
I would like to see a 'SELECT ALL' option for gifting and tipping. I love my neighbors, but it's extremely time consuming to be good to everyone especially when it comes to tipping.

VincenzaGiovanna
01-27-11, 04:20 AM
There is already a button for Gift and Visit next to the neighbor name. I would like to see a small coin icon there indicating if we have already tipped. Sometimes I have to go back to visit since some are to full & it gets confusing since I have so many. If there was a coin icon next their name it would mean I've already been there & left a tip.. :)

Unregistered
01-28-11, 03:24 AM
How about a back or undo button that will allow you undo a purchase or use of gems that accidentally get used for reviving brownies or some other item. I am soooo tired of my gems disappearing when I am trying to throw spoiled items in the trash. Either that or move the use gem button to an outside corner so it can't be used unwillingly.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:31 PM
I would love:

Outdoor area and umbrellas .
More recipes. Wedding cake too. More pies.
More avatar to choose from.
Wait staff.
Valentine decor.
Purple and white checked tablecloth.
More decor items.
To recieve more gems during the recipe procress.
Easier way to access and tip our regular neighbors.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 08:55 PM
We need a select all option for gifting and tipping. And the androids need a take picture button just like the iphones.

Unregistered
01-30-11, 01:21 PM
How about a back or undo button that will allow you undo a purchase or use of gems that accidentally get used for reviving brownies or some other item. I am soooo tired of my gems disappearing when I am trying to throw spoiled items in the trash. Either that or move the use gem button to an outside corner so it can't be used unwillingly.

I am tired of loosing gems this way also! I have accidentally used so many gems by accindentslly reviving food.can the button be moved or a second screen come up??? I am trying so hard to save gems for the holiday boxes but I can't build them up!

Also, I love in the southern hemishpere so the holiday surprises are all wrong! It's summer here now but the surprise elements are all winter related e.g polar bear! Can u have summer and winter maybe?

Unregistered
02-01-11, 10:53 AM
I Totally agree, unlike many of these games out there this game still has x-mas stuff out and it's more fun when you constantly have new themes and fresh items to put in your bakery. It does become rather boring when everyone's cafe looks the same and there are no new items to purchase. They also need to make more furniture and items available through coins. I would also love to see more food available for less time, like 30 min increments and more avatar choices, like designing your own avatar.

Unregistered
02-01-11, 01:31 PM
what about icemakingmachines, bananaboat, peche melba, stracciatelli and so on, jammie

Unregistered
02-01-11, 02:28 PM
What about a fridge or cupboard appliance to allow food to be automatically stored for a small amount of time. Say if it took 1hour to cook some biscuits (and so they will go off in an hour if not served).....then the biscuits will last 2hours in the fridge.
A frigerator or freezer would be great. Put a similar timer on them as in cooking. This game is great the way it is as far as food magically appearing & disappearing. No wait staff or such. Need lots more decorations.

Unregistered
02-02-11, 06:54 PM
Love the outdoor idea! I'd also love a tip button right from the list, but at least tell me who I have or haven't tipped without having to visit.

Please beef up the news feed. It only tells who has tipped you. Please add who has sent you a gift (once accepted that info is lost) and who your gifts went to.

I have Restaurant and Bakery Story. The Messages and Social buttons are swapped between the two games. So, I'm always hitting the wrong one.

Ditch the invite button that brings up the email. I always hit it trying to get to the version and end up with half a dozen draft emails laying around. It's already a pain to get from the wall to the real invite screen.

That's all that I can think of for now. :)

PurpleLove08
02-03-11, 09:25 AM

I love the idea of a refrigerator! That would be SO helpful!
Of course I am sure Team Lava would respond that by purchasing a Forever Oven, your food would never spoil.
Once I reach level 28, I plan on buying a forever oven.

I'm not opposed to using coins to purchase a wider variety of foods: glazed donuts, chocolate donuts, frappucinos, danishes, crepes, etc.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see quests. :)

Unregistered
02-04-11, 11:52 AM
I agree that it does get pretty boring seeing everyone with the same cakes/pastries in each shop.. more recipes would be great! It'd be great if there were some that were rare to find or harder to obtain.

1) Add a shopping list for buying recipes (some with coins, some with gems).
2) Award special recipes for certain achievements such as tipping an insane amount of money (over time) or stocking up an insane number (100,000.. idk) of pastries in your shop.

Even though I'm sure we'd all eventually be able to obtain them, this will at least mix it up a bit huh? :)

oh, and LOVE THE GAME! <3 ^_^ (miaa147)

Unregistered
02-04-11, 01:03 PM
Is anyone else having thid problem?

I have all the story apps - luv them. I recently changed to the Valentine Story Apps and noticed that it takes longer for the app to process? and there has been a lot more freezing! Please fix these bugs. luv the apps!!!

Lady_Lollycake
02-05-11, 01:55 AM
Can we please have goals and some way to log achievements. I recently downloaded the Valentine's version of restaurant story and it has these goals you gotta reach like 'Visit two neighbours and tip 6 times'. I'd like to see goals like this in bakery story.

Unregistered
02-05-11, 10:26 AM
I would like an option to be able to rearrange food placement on the counters. I sometime just move the whole counter but it would be nice if I could decide where my food is placed

Lady_Lollycake
02-07-11, 06:52 AM
I would like an option to be able to rearrange food placement on the counters. I sometime just move the whole counter but it would be nice if I could decide where my food is placed

I totally agree with that!!!!!!!!

Lady_lollycake
02-07-11, 08:18 PM
* Refrigerator for storing foods that we don't want to sell yet
* A way of moving food to which bench we'd like it on
* Wall lights
* Rugs
* Alfresco dining
* An ATM for customers
* Wall hanging oven mits decoration
* Savoury foods display cabinet (like the cakes and chocolate) for quoissants and other foods.
* A staircase for two story bakery???
* Different types of doors for the front of the bakery.
* An internet station for people to sit at whilst their waiting for a table.
( In australia we have internet cafes! People pay to play on a computer in a public area)

Unregistered
02-08-11, 02:30 PM
Can we post recipe suggestions too? How about the following:

key lime pie
sweet potato pie
pineapple upside down cake
german chocolate cake
angel food cake
pound cake
scones

It's nice that they made new stuff for valentine's, but I would like more recipes. They're so cute to see.

Unregistered
02-09-11, 06:21 PM
can we make it possible to transfer the bakery from another device? maybe a storm id log in?
i already have a bakery on ipad, but i have to start a new game on iphone...

Unregistered
02-10-11, 01:22 PM
I have found my self wanting to view my cookbook even when all my appliences are in use. To be able to line up my next item for cooking would be nice. Also to have a complete cookbook (oven and mixer in one) would make choosing items to cook easier. Thanks for listening:)

Unregistered
02-10-11, 01:38 PM
I have found my self wanting to view my cookbook even when all my appliences are in use. To be able to line up my next item for cooking would be nice. Also to have a complete cookbook (oven and mixer in one) would make choosing items to cook easier. Thanks for listening:)

Thats a great idea! I know I have wanted to look through my cookbook but had to wait till food was done. I also like the idea of being able to see all the food I can cook reguardless of appliance.

Lady_lollycake
02-12-11, 11:01 PM

Maybe a table decoration like a stand with a cookbook on it would be a good idea. You could buy it as a decoration but also view items you can cook if you click on it.

Unregistered
02-14-11, 10:22 PM
I've noticed in last 2 weeks that for Bakery story, Restaurant story and Farm story, these pop-ups inviting me to install additional games have markedly increased. So much so that it's now popping up every 10-15 secs!!! That's just too much. Please cut back on the frequency of this. It's really cutting into the game play enjoyment so much that I'm considering quitting.

Unregistered
02-15-11, 09:28 PM
I wish the cookbook can be viewed at any time! sometimes I want to check what should I cook next but I can't see it if all my stoves/drink mixers are in used.

MinkyBoodle
05-28-11, 10:35 PM
I'd LOVE to be able to see who I have tipped or not tipped that day in the neighborhood screen. When a gift has been sent it fades out so that's easy but keeping track of who I have and haven't tipped without going in to every bakery each time is very time consuming.

Eldin
05-29-11, 04:31 AM
(I wrote this in another board and its improvement for all games, not only BS)
Greets TeamLava!

You are doing a great work with the games, however, things can always be improved!
(I am playing RS, BS, NC and FS)

Weekly Updates:
Thats just great! If it was true...
I actualy found a weekly update two weeks in a row now in two of the games for the first time!
Thats great!
However, if you are trying to tell us that we will get weekly updates, then we expect it, and we love it, but so far, we haven't got it at all. We don't demand it, but if you say we'll get it, we do demand it! ^^

An Idea to solve this (aslong as you already have alot of coming weekly updates) could be to only give us like 1-3 things in the weekly update at a time, then we'll get something new and that is enough to satisfy the players!
The best way would ofcourse be to give us one cash item and 1-2 Gem items or such, so its something for everyone?
We would ofcourse love to keep on getting alot of things in the "weekly updates" but this could be something to solve it if you don't got that many weeks planned with updates. ^^

So to the Gem Problem:
Gems means alot to us, realy, more then you think.
You have to get us to buy Gems to earn some money to keep on coming with updates, we all get that and you should ofcourse get profit of what you are spending your time on!
However, the system should be more fair.

Some examples:
*Yesterday, I happend to click on the "Buy Slot for 25 Gems" in Fashion Story, this was a big misstake and I lost 25 Gems in wich I saved for detailing since you released this game, this thing is now making me concider to stop playing it at all, maybe the other games aswell.
25 Gems is ALOT, and why not simply solve it with a "Are you sure you want to buy this slot for 25 Gems?" popup? How hard can that be for you guys to program? If you check out the Fashion Story section, then you'll see that its plenty of people that is angry about this.
And... 25 Gems for one slot? I could offer -10 Slots to get those 25 Gems back... One extra slot should cost like 10 Gems at a max...
(I am willing to offer 10-15 slots if I can get those 25 Gems back... :( )

*Another thing that alot of us is realy irritated about is the Free Gems thing when downloading new games. We realy love this, but its unclear for everyone if you only should get it at one game or more.
Some get on 3 games, some all, and some on 1, some even don't get the Gems at all?
The best thing would probaly be to give us the gems on every of your games that we are playing.
If you only want us to get it on 1 GAME only (???) then we'll need alittle fact here, maybe a popup here aswell? "Are you sure you want to download the game from here? You will only get the Gems in one Game." Peoples are getting realy annoyed about that.

*I also got another Gem thing that is related to the one above, its when you get Gems for downloading OTHER Games MADE by YOU guys. When I got my iPhone, I found Restaurant Story, I loved it and directly searched for other Games made by you guys, right here, I should get a profit, you don't even have to tell me to download your games, I found them myself as I love them!
What happend is that my Girl Friend then downloaded only Restaurant Story on her iPhone, and then got the messages with Free Gems if she download the other Games... Right there, (Im sorry for the language) but Im ****ed and kicked on the balls. I spend time to find your games and get nothing, she got 56 Gems for doing nothing.
Maybe just simply make an auto thing that can see if you have the other Games and then just adds the Gems for free? Uhm? Right there, when I started, It almost got me to quit.

*About easier getting Gems if you don't want to help us out in anything else, an idea that I found on the forums could be to buy them for cash, like 300k for 1 gem, why not 500K? or 1 million per Gem?
Just give us the option to get them could be something that we'd all love. :)
You don't wanna buy another Gem pack for real money if you'd miss one Gem for an item you want.
However, I do realize that this is less likely to happen.

*The last thing that I can get to think of is something that ruined all the fun a few days after NightClub was released. I realy loved it and I was about to buy some Gems, sadly, something happend with AppStore or my iPhone so I couldn't buy it, I had to wait a day and sync it with the comp, then, when I was about to buy the Gems, "Or Club Cash", the items I wanted was GONE.
You removed them without giving a hint at all, I mean, thats not okey, however, you just lost some money. You also removed some items that you could buy with normal ingame money in wich I wanted alot, thank you for that... Uhm...

Other InGame Ideas:
Here is a few other things that I believe we'd all love! :)
*Make it possible to MOVE windows or atleast other wall items without storing them again.
*Make it possible to serve Drinks on Restaurant Story.
*Cheaper to expand in NightClub or easier to earn money.
*Make it possible to move the door around OR buy another door type/more doors?
*Make it possible to turn all the items in every game at every possible direction.
*Balance the Gem items abit with the Gem prices.
*Give us an hint if some items is only there to stay for a small period.
*A marking to see who of your friends that realy gave you a gift.
*Something to click "Mark all friends/give all friends a gift", instead of click click click...
*Make your Avatar stand and sell cloths in Fashion Story instead of just an Avatar.
*Maybe also make it possible to dress the second and third "Avatar" if you buy more cashiers?
*A marking, like a Star or such, on the food you reach the max LVL on, that would be 4.
*And a new GAME IDEA for you, a CASINO Story! ^^

Besides all that, Keep it up! :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

seastripes
05-29-11, 01:11 PM
1. Fix the glitch of losing thousands of foods within minutes
2. More and more foods
3. Longer list for news feed so we don't have to leave messages every time we tip, leaving messages spend so much time
4. Neighbor's list system, like every time we visit a neighbor and go back to neighbor's list can we please go to the last neighbor we visited, it would really save some time for us
5. An updates every week like promised, or at least updates for every celebration day would be awesome

strifeclouds
05-31-11, 08:42 AM
New wall decorations. There is nothing I like for my walls. Also some fancier tables that have table cloths. Maybe in more colors that match each of the wallpapers.

strifeclouds
05-31-11, 08:59 AM
For Restaurant Story I forgot to put above. Not Bakery Story 

SweetChikara
05-31-11, 05:38 PM
it does seem lava is working on getting more food updates out, and it's wonderful ^_^ gives us players who are down low on the level pool a goal hahaha. I really love the al fresco idea! it would be super cute to see them eating outside as well :D I saw someone also mention coins to gems in game; another fantastic idea :D I think it's be great if we had an option to clear a floor or walls in one click so we can redesign faster. Sometimes i put down all white walls and floors and start creating from there hehehe. I noticed a lot of people do that too. When you have a big bakery it takes forever to reset each tile one by one lol

kittieekeke
05-31-11, 06:09 PM
-needs a confirm button before purchasing diamond items...
-needs to actually have "weekly updates"....
-needs to have a section to group the items...i don't care what type of food...but i do care what times "<1hour items", 4 hour items, 1 day items, 12 hour items...etc
-needs to have a section where you can "preview the items before you actually purchase the items so you don't have to waste your gold/diamonds...to see if it matches the decor.
-needs to have a section where you can buy tiles...and it has the option to tile the whole floor and then deducts the price...(same with walls)
-needs to have better pricing...the pricing is all out of whack....
-needs to have a better way to "TIP" your neighbors.....it seems easier to tip random people on random people's walls than it is to tip your neighbors.
-needs a "save game" button ...since you can't ever save your games correctly without continuous "out of sync" issues and roll backs....where I come back and the things I queued to bake are not baking...

kittieekeke
05-31-11, 06:12 PM
-more gold items ...not just diamond items.
-fix the updating bug where only partial of the people see the updates. (my friend has like a "quest" update to bake peach cobblers...or something...and I don't see the quest on the left handside)

xokay
06-01-11, 06:03 AM
I wish the TL games were like We Story, Trade Nations, and Tiny Zoo in that they give a "gem" or its equivalent every time you level up. It allows them to justify making items cost more, because if players really want something, they have to save up a long time before they get it, without spending real money of course.

bakery1sj
06-01-11, 11:43 AM
How about trading coins for Gems? that way we could earn the coins and trade them for Gems to get the gem only items.

How about giving the daily bonus in Gems rather than coins?

Bakery Story needs wall dividers like Restaurant Story so we can do multiple levels.

bakery1sj
06-01-11, 11:49 AM
Tipping made easier would be great. I Love looking at others stores, but the constant clicking is what could be eliminated. Once we are in their store, we should get points/coins/stars/gems for visiting a neighbors store. I like the fact that I can see who has been in and left me a tip/like/dancers and I like that when I collect them I get coins/cash/stars. I do think there could be an easier/quicker way to do this since the server goes up and down so much and out of sync so much or in mainteance so much. I try to tip on my lunch hour then at least a couple hours in the evenings. I cant hit all my neighbors in every store. I need a more efficient method.

kittieekeke
06-01-11, 03:01 PM
-needs the ability to remember who we already tipped...so we don't have to remember who we last tipped....(actually just an EASIER way to tip)

theyeti1
06-03-11, 05:53 PM
This suggestion could help teamlava make money and give us some neat asthetic and fun gameplay.

Go to say, Starbucks and ask if they would like some ad space for "x" amount of money, then you could have a Starbucks drink maker to make certain select items from that company. Don't force all the drink makers to be that, just one that cost some gems and then if you buy it a new or updated menu pops up. You could do this as a special and with other items also. Make it so it's not to in your face and it could work.

coatimom
06-06-11, 07:30 AM
2 suggestions for now:

I would like to see food that cooks for 10 hours. I like to set some food to cook while I go to bed, and 8 hours is sometimes too short if you have a day where you get to sleep in a little, and 12 hours is too long.

Also, I'd like something on our neighbors list that indicates whether I've tipped them that day or not. Sometimes people are full and I have a hard time remembering who I have to go back to.

Thanks.

BrucieMichaelson
06-08-11, 06:11 PM
I stored some countertops thinking that it would condense the food. No dice my food just disappeared. Request 2 updates; 1 to allow you to condense food or store it with counters and 1 to allow you to sell flooring. I dislike having a lot of parquet and concrete in my inventory that I can't use or sell.

DragonDamzel
06-09-11, 04:30 PM
yes yes ...more more more......

nekonight
06-09-11, 04:56 PM
i want a block button, so many rude harrassing posts would love to block these people.

theyeti1
06-10-11, 12:06 PM
You can condense food now...just make sure all your counters are full, then make something new that is not on any counter...and it will combine them... :-)