PDA

View Full Version : Building up second sapling - tips for ultimate players

Anyuszko
02-28-14, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

I started this topic for those who are working on a second sapling. I know it was just a bug that some of us were able to buy a second sapling. Still, they are theoretically be able to complete. Please share here all your experiences, if you are doing it.

Glimmergate said: "Those of you who purchased additional saplings did so because of a bug. Unfortunately, the quests aren't set up for players to craft additional trinkets, so you may have a hard time upgrading your extra saplings. "

He said "hard time", not impossible. Using gems makes you be able make virtually everything, but I want to do it with as few gems as possible.

Currently, I could upgrade one sapling with buying lapis lazuli trinket for 250 gems, but maybe there is cheaper solution.
Another solution in my mind: I am currently doing the "mail agnes materials" trade, which will give me one life tree trinket, but if I bypass "four trinkets of blessing" with 100 gems before trade completes, Ill have a second one.
Or, in the Lapis lazuri trinket craft you can buy it for 50 gems (cheapest solution I found).

I know building up a second sapling is because of a bug, but I think TL will allow it because you can do it only with decent amount of gems. (And there are many steps ahead, as I see.)

So, what do you do?

Edit(KP)

And... Finally finished today.
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/yawn85/e19afdd1fc8f65fd660a758b3ca3efc5_zps3476d71d.jpg

moon331
02-28-14, 10:40 AM
I only have one sapling. How did you guys get the second?

Anyuszko
02-28-14, 11:06 AM
At the beginning there was a bug, you could buy multiple ones (of course, you needed ingredients for each pieces). It is now fixed, you cant buy more now.

echowuuu
02-28-14, 01:54 PM
Excellent post, I wonder the same thing, I m currently stuck at the trade exchange for 2 days. I was thinking keep doing the deep sea adventure and get 20 lapis lazuli so I ll just need buy one life trinket with gem.

Anyuszko
02-28-14, 01:58 PM
As far as I know there is a limit of 10 for lapis, but according to previous quests, after you start the first crafting (but before you finish) you may be able to get 10 more again. (I am Still not there it is just a theory but would be happy if someone could confirm)

ajax1964
02-28-14, 02:13 PM
I also have a 2nd tree. I rushed through the quests and finished my 2nd upgrade yesterday. It would cost me 250 gems to get the first upgrade, but I don't know what for the 2nd. I think I'll wait and see where they go with this quest line before I do the 2nd as they do take up 9 squares.

Anyuszko
02-28-14, 02:31 PM
Thank you Ajax. We have a lot of infomations from you. :)

Anyuszko
03-01-14, 06:26 AM
After completing "mail Agnes" trade you can not do again, checked. I was hoping maybe if i am fast enough i can but cant .

However youcould store a maximum of 5 life tree trinket (if you could get more - too bad you cant )

eepopp
03-03-14, 04:53 PM
After completing "mail Agnes" trade you can not do again, checked. I was hoping maybe if i am fast enough i can but cant .

However youcould store a maximum of 5 life tree trinket (if you could get more - too bad you cant )

On Part 7 of the questline, "Lapis Lazuli Trinket", where you Craft Lapis Lazuli Trinket in the magic forge, IF you start crafting the Lapis Lanzuli Trinket in one Magic Forge, THEN in your second Magic Forge (while the Lapis Lazuli Trinket is crafting), you can buy another Life Tree Trinket for only 50 Gems.

Goal
http://i57.tinypic.com/28l5475.jpg

Pic of Life Tree Trinket for 50 Gems in 2nd Forge
http://i62.tinypic.com/nesy03.jpg

notes:
You'll need to go on more Deep Sea quests to get 10 more Lapis Lazuli stones if you want to craft a 2nd Lapis Lazuli Trinket. (Or you can just buy the stones).

ajax1964
03-04-14, 02:56 AM
In a moment of weakness I finished the second tree, wonder whatvthatsvgkingbto do down the road......

Anyuszko
03-04-14, 05:57 AM
On Part 7 of the questline, "Lapis Lazuli Trinket", where you Craft Lapis Lazuli Trinket in the magic forge, IF you start crafting the Lapis Lanzuli Trinket in one Magic Forge, THEN in your second Magic Forge (while the Lapis Lazuli Trinket is crafting), you can buy another Life Tree Trinket for only 50 Gems.
notes:
You'll need to go on more Deep Sea quests to get 10 more Lapis Lazuli stones if you want to craft a 2nd Lapis Lazuli Trinket. (Or you can just buy the stones).

Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I did. It took a huge amounts of mermaid scales while I was able to get 20 lapis lazulies (we can store a maximum 20 of it), but so with 50 gems only I was able to craft 2 lapis lazuli trinkets.

Some more notes:

- you have to start the crafting of the second trinket after you started the first one but BEFORE you take it out. Once you taken out a trinket, you wont be able to craft another one.
- because ot this, keep both forges readied (do not start something long in it)
- whatever you do the maximum of trinkets you can craft is 2, so if theoretically you have a 3rd sapling, the only way upgrading it is buying a third trinket for 250 gems (through the upgrade procedure).

I have collected some more infos from forum, so when you reach round 12, you would be able to craft 2 moonstones simultaneously (prepare with 40 murmurs), and at round 13 it tooks 50 gems again to craft a second trinket.

So up to "lvl 3" of sapling cheapest way is 2x 50 gems. However, you have to have some more resources (like mermaid scales a lot, also you need 100 fertilizers as well and so on).

Anyuszko
03-04-14, 06:00 AM
In a moment of weakness I finished the second tree, wonder whatvthatsvgkingbto do down the road......

Who is he? I didnt found any id like this

tmh690
03-04-14, 07:02 PM
Who is he? I didnt found any id like this
I think that says 'wonder what's that going to do down the road'

Anyuszko
03-06-14, 02:17 AM
So, my two Goddes trees are ready now, and the second one costed me 2 x 50 gems to complete.

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/tree.png

Anyuszko
03-06-14, 02:20 AM
Additional info: since this part:

13. Air Blessing
Craft Moonstone Trinket x 1
*Craft at Magic Forge: Life Tree Trinket x 1, Moonstone x 1 (30mins)
Upgrade Blythewood Sapling
*Second Upgrade: Moonstone Trinket x 1, Banner Pole x 1, Water x 50, Fertilizer x 25
Visit the Upgraded Goddess Tree x 1
Rewards: 3,100 coins, 10 XP

consist of more steps, you are able to buy/craft additional moonstone trinkets, moonstones and life tree trinkets.
(If you do it BEFORE visiting the upgraded tree. The crafting ability remains until the visit.)

At the moment, I am thinking to buy an additional trinket for 50 gems. I fear that its price may raise in todays update. What do you think?

(As I saw, the plain trinkets were the same in the first 2 upgrades.)

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/trink.png

Anyuszko
03-06-14, 02:42 AM
At the moment, I am thinking to buy an additional trinket for 50 gems. I fear that its price may raise in todays update. What do you think?

So did I now, I have a plus trinket, as you see you can store 4 more (but you can buy this way just one piece at a time)

http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/tri.png

echowuuu
03-06-14, 05:09 AM
Just need some fertilisers...
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/yawn85/d4b58e98af81958375d54b2de3e64ba8_zps3a250c44.jpg

eambere
03-06-14, 10:12 AM
I too bought a second one. I finished up all the goals so I don't
Have the option to make double for the sapling. Ah well.
Will see what it drops and maybe ill spend the gems in the future
It's a super pretty tree, will just have to see.

Right now I'm freaking out as I've never moved my games to
A new phone and really wanted to move my games,
Especially castle story.. Before the update. Playing on a 3GS
Noticed the new phone is of course waaaaaay better! So can't wait!
I'm afraid ill lose my credit I have at the App Store for buying
Gems and afraid of losing gems and progress as well. :(
If anyone has any info, helpful steps, or if you guys know
If ill be able to keep credit, progress and gems please message me as I don't want
To hijack thread.
Also, anyone who would like please add me as a neighbor! eambere
I'm looking for anyone who would like to gift daily as well.
In any event I cannot wait for the next update!!! Well get to see what the tree
Does and I'm curious how the fairies react. Lol they're a bit
Thuggish and won't listen, I thought their personalities would've been more..
I don't know.. Sweet, ethereal.. Mysterious. Maybe they'd some visit
Our lands and wander upon occasion. Lol I've been playing for years
And Remember two three years ago receiving the fairie jars and wishing
We'd get to have fairies in the game. Too bad they don't make another game
Like castle story but fairie based! That would be awesome!

Anyuszko
03-07-14, 01:42 AM
Well. Now comes the hard part for upgrading 2 saplings, if you still follow me. Here are the hardest parts:

- 7. With our powers combined - Since crafting of garnet trinket depends on luck, not sure if we can craft 2 trinkets. You can craft paralell in both forges, but if one succeeds and other one no, then I think you wont be able to craft a second one. Or if you have no more garnets left. (If anyone reaches here, please confirm.)

- 12. The last blessing. It would take 100 living woods (yay..) and 40 faeries murmurs to craft 2 pieces of glimmer gems. Currently, only magic garden drops faerie murmur that takes 40 days to reach. Not sure when faeries respote starts to drop murmurs again, currently it drops nothing because of angry faeries.

- For those who have no love shack (last years valentine flowers) it is hard to get 40 red petals. For me is not problem, I will also try to duplicate 5. underworld enchantments craft (no needed for double saplings just for fun)

At the moment I am not unhappy for the 2 days waiting (Agnes letter), gotta have to get many living woods.

echowuuu
03-07-14, 05:31 PM
Well. Now comes the hard part for upgrading 2 saplings, if you still follow me. Here are the hardest parts:

- 7. With our powers combined - Since crafting of garnet trinket depends on luck, not sure if we can craft 2 trinkets. You can craft paralell in both forges, but if one succeeds and other one no, then I think you wont be able to craft a second one. Or if you have no more garnets left. (If anyone reaches here, please confirm.)

- 12. The last blessing. It would take 100 living woods (yay..) and 40 faeries murmurs to craft 2 pieces of glimmer gems. Currently, only magic garden drops faerie murmur that takes 40 days to reach. Not sure when faeries respote starts to drop murmurs again, currently it drops nothing because of angry faeries.

- For those who have no love shack (last years valentine flowers) it is hard to get 40 red petals. For me is not problem, I will also try to duplicate 5. underworld enchantments craft (no needed for double saplings just for fun)

At the moment I am not unhappy for the 2 days waiting (Agnes letter), gotta have to get many living woods.

And the drop rate of living wood is very low, it would be hard for people cannot craft living wood. I think I managed to get 30 of them yesterday. I used all my living wood to craft valentine trees :(

sukyee
03-08-14, 06:34 AM

I'm referring to point 7 here. You are right, it's depends on luck to be able to craft both garnet trinkets. One succeed and another fail will close the option to craft anymore so... Gems the only way...
I don't think garnet is an issue here as the adv to mount despair still available when crafting the garnet trinkets... So can sent as many knight to mount despair as your wish but the 8 hrs timed goal did mentioned its higher chance to get garnet within 8 hrs when the underworld potion is still working...

Anyuszko
03-08-14, 02:03 PM
Thank you. Next morning I will craft two underworld potions, however I am not sure if I can use both of them.

Anyway, I am in a big "trouble". I do not really like the final look of the goddes tree. Currently I am thinking to leave one of them on stage 3 which is the most beautiful..

WHat do you think?

adelinutza
03-09-14, 03:59 PM
So it happened to me... On one forge i got the garnet trinket, on the other fail.... So now the craft has disappeared, can't update my second tree unless i spend 250gems and i have a useless trinket in my inventory. What a waste of gems and hope for so many.... Fool me once, but i will never spend gems again on this game.

echowuuu
03-09-14, 04:10 PM
So it happened to me... On one forge i got the garnet trinket, on the other fail.... So now the craft has disappeared, can't update my second tree unless i spend 250gems and i have a useless trinket in my inventory. What a waste of gems and hope for so many.... Fool me once, but i will never spend gems again on this game.

Don't you think they design the game in this way? It is possible to upgrade 2nd tree, but you know...

CottageRose
03-09-14, 04:26 PM
Remember, they never intended us to have two trees, and closed that bug quite quickly. The gem option was most likely intended primarily for those people who speed through the weekly releases instead of working through the sometimes tedious quests.

I am debating whether I even want to finish my 2nd tree, and may leave it as the green version, to have a unique type of tree, as Anuyszko mentioned above.

sukyee
03-09-14, 05:03 PM
:oI'm holding one of my tree at stage 2... Need to think twice if it's really worth to buy the garnet trinket for 250 gems....

Anyuszko
03-10-14, 01:31 AM

I am in the same issue, second crafting failed, i have a "useless" trinket left. (which I think I can turn into a second gem trinket - no more luck dependent part -, so if I spend 250 gems on the 3th upgrade, the last one I get "free")

I am not sure at the moment, what to do, keep second tree green (which looks great) or upgrade to final. But I have plenty of time to think on it, coz the upgrading possibility wont go away I think. Also, some more days needed to finish the quest, I am down with murmurs (the double crafts of previous parts made it down to zero), the fairies just began to give it again, it takes about a week to get 40 again from fairy respote so no need to hurry with upgrade.

I have 15x gems left, need like 100 more to do the upgrade if i want, maybe ill start collecting if i not loose them in gemtraps.

Anyuszko
03-10-14, 01:37 AM
Don't you think they design the game in this way? It is possible to upgrade 2nd tree, but you know...

You may be sure, TL probably made this luck dependent part for those like us (to make more expensive finishing second tree).

With the likely possible fail of second craft, it takes 400 gems to upgrade a second tree (3x50 for blank trinkets and 250 for the garnet trinket) which is the cheapest solution. It is still not extremely high price, exactly the price for a myhtil dragon, near the price of an alicorn and so. So it is not an extreme price for an almost unique second tree (which is impossible now to get for those who not getting it b4 closing the bug).

outhouse01
03-10-14, 02:03 AM
You may be sure, TL probably made this luck dependent part for those like us (to make more expensive finishing second tree).

With the likely possible fail of second craft, it takes 400 gems to upgrade a second tree (3x50 for blank trinkets and 250 for the garnet trinket) which is the cheapest solution. It is still not extremely high price, exactly the price for a myhtil dragon, near the price of an alicorn and so. So it is not an extreme price for an almost unique second tree (which is impossible now to get for those who not getting it b4 closing the bug).

I think you have hit the nail on the head, so to speak. You were lucky to get the second sapling before they realised the bug. I am sure they scrambled in their office to work out how to stop others from getting a second sapling. Then they had to think about the repocussions of those that got a second. If you are that hardcore to try to get 2, they know, hence the gem price. What I cannot work out, is that if they can fix this bit in an instance, they cannot open more land/expansions. Cheers

echowuuu
03-10-14, 06:39 PM
I waited the time expired and did the crafting as someone mentioned we get 100% chance to craft the trinket. but one failed and one success. So I guess the only option to level up the lv 2 tree is to use 250 gems.

glimmergate
03-10-14, 06:53 PM

We plan out our updates in advance, so this was already written before we found out that there was a bug that allowed players to get multiple trees. I think it's really cool to see you all trying to optimize building the second tree, but ultimately we never built the questline to support it =/

Anyuszko
03-11-14, 03:53 AM
We plan out our updates in advance, so this was already written before we found out that there was a bug that allowed players to get multiple trees. I think it's really cool to see you all trying to optimize building the second tree, but ultimately we never built the questline to support it =/

Thank you Glimmergate letting us building it, even if it costs some money. You know old players sometimes trying to find their own personal goals. Some players are working on highest available royal points. Others rebuilding their kingdoms regularly. Some ppl buying incredible amounts of alicorns and other gem animals.

We do not need these at all, I do not need a second sapling for drops (I think I have enough from everything, and no more goals left after this questline), it is not necessary having 15000+ royal points and so. Just some players doing ultimate goals, thats it.

In a previous post (maybe you never saw it) I suggested that TL may create an ultimate goal for old players. Such a new building, which costs a lot of ingredients (like 99 mithrils and so), and also upgrades costs a lot. It may give work for us for a very long time. Also, the look of the building (lets say every level have different looks) can show how "old" a player is, I mean how much resource/time gem he/she spent on building it.

Anyuszko
03-11-14, 04:01 AM
I waited the time expired and did the crafting as someone mentioned we get 100% chance to craft the trinket. but one failed and one success. So I guess the only option to level up the lv 2 tree is to use 250 gems.

Thats what I thought too. I was waiting getting my second trinket out of forge. I was collecting after the fairies were "happy" again, and fairy respote started to drop murmur again. I thought now maybe there is better chance the craft succeeded, took out of craft but still failed. So I think chances remained the same.

I wonder if there is anyone who could craft second garnet trinket successfully.

Anyuszko
03-13-14, 01:05 AM
Currently doing round 12, succeeded to get 100 living woods for 2 pieces of crafting. Since the round consists of several steps, you are able to craft more pieces, for example if you want to store one or more tree agates, you can craft as many as you want, because crafting options disappear only after you completed the whole round (crafted glimmer gem trinket AND collected it from forge).

For me the hardest part is collecting 40 murmurs, I have about 20 now, so it takes about3-4 more days when Ill be ready to craft both trinkets. It means, I finish the questline only at weekend.

Anyuszko
03-13-14, 01:06 AM

And yes the calculation seems to be right, it costs 400 gem for the second upgrade.

echowuuu
03-13-14, 01:35 AM
I got my second tree upgraded today, and still waiting the trade to complete It will be another week for me to finish the final stage.
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/yawn85/bb3c8bebd12b73e3f65aa859d44b5061_zps7dad1630.jpg

echowuuu
03-18-14, 05:02 AM
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r666/yawn85/e19afdd1fc8f65fd660a758b3ca3efc5_zps3476d71d.jpg

oliverrr11
03-18-14, 05:44 AM
I want a second sapling too! I'm gonna put a plant in a log off-center on a 9 square space and pretend that I do :rolleyes:

tintedshadow
03-19-14, 02:52 AM
I want a second sapling too! I'm gonna put a plant in a log off-center on a 9 square space and pretend that I do :rolleyes:

Not to dishearten you or anything but I'm pretty sure you don't have a 9 square space available... :p

brandonu
03-19-14, 07:23 AM

Wow, this is quite impressive and unique. Congrats!

Anyuszko
03-22-14, 09:23 AM
Finally finished too, later will post a pic. Took long time to collect enough fairy murmurs.

Altogether, costed me 400 gems to build up the second one. It does not worth for the drops it gives, Still was a Challenger to do it :)

ciarjen
03-22-14, 10:03 AM
Finally finished too, later will post a pic. Took long time to collect enough fairy murmurs.

Altogether, costed me 400 gems to build up the second one. It does not worth for the drops it gives, Still was a Challenger to do it :)

I just visited (Langley), it looks really good :)

Anyuszko
03-22-14, 10:16 AM
I just visited (Langley), it looks really good :)