PDA

View Full Version : Android Version?

ravingmental
02-27-14, 12:50 AM
Will there be a future release of kingdom clash on the Google Play market?

Storm8 has ported other games and I just wanted to know if there are plans for this. :)

maguar
02-27-14, 05:26 AM
This is the last info we have from a staff member

We're not sure if this will be available for Android, but keep checking back on the Forums for updates! :)

ravingmental
02-28-14, 12:39 AM
Well that's a downer lol. Guess my account will sit forever unused.

theube
02-28-14, 06:15 AM
To be honest, Android OS programmers face a huge problem iOS programmers don't have to bother with and that is versioning. 97% of iOS users upgrade to the newest version immediately. Because Android is used over so many platforms, sometimes new version are not supported on their cheap phone so people don't install the upgrade. That means programmers have to make their product function across multiple versions. That's why iTunes has so many more apps than the Google store. It's just a more stable platform to program for and is why Apple users are so loyal to their product, because it just works.

ravingmental
03-01-14, 03:16 PM
I understand this, but I don't think it be impossible for them to do because they've ported many of their games already to the Google play store. There's only 2 competitors that have the same game mechanics as Kingdom clash and that's Clash of Clans and Castle Clash. Why not port their game? Seems like it could only lead to a profit for them by doing so. Just my opinion though.

LordRex21
03-02-14, 07:06 PM
I understand this, but I don't think it be impossible for them to do because they've ported many of their games already to the Google play store. There's only 2 competitors that have the same game mechanics as Kingdom clash and that's Clash of Clans and Castle Clash. Why not port their game? Seems like it could only lead to a profit for them by doing so. Just my opinion though.

I don't think you quite understand exactly how hard it really is actually. Yes it would be a huge profit, but it's not as simple as just "porting" it to android. Each android os is different, from jellybean to gingerbread house to ice cream sandwich and so on. However each manufacturer also makes their own adjustments to each of those for each of their phones, for example htc and Samsung both have phones with jellybean 4.0 however neither are the same coding. So literally every phone has a different os unlike iPhones, iPads, and ipods that are all the same coding wise. It's not just a matter of changing it from iOS to droid, it can take several months.

jackansi
03-08-14, 07:17 PM
Don't forget there are over 120 different screen resolutions spread across roughly 5-6 different ratios on android.. So just graphically it's a challenge.