PDA

View Full Version : Grace Period Before War Starts

sand
02-26-14, 12:05 AM
... If you are waiting for more than 1 hour, you should automatically be kicked back out of the queue so you start again. Thanks again for all your patience during this time!

Please impose a minimum wait time of 15 minutes in the queue before being matched to opponents, and give each alliance leader the option to EXIT the waiting queue. This would at least provide a brief grace period in which to withdraw any war declaration that may have been accidentally or impetuously set in motion.

You have insisted on allowing just any member of an alliance to declare war. You have created transparency so that the declarer is revealed in chat. (This information should go on the war screen and not get buried in chat, by the way.) Now give the leader a temporary opportunity to reverse that.

the_cleaner_1
02-26-14, 07:32 AM
I agree. As with my post in another thread, we had a player join us, start a war we were not ready for and leave again. We would have liked the opportunity to cancel the war.

kwhales
02-26-14, 04:05 PM
I agree to the withdrawal part. But isn't there a 30 minute wait time already? At least there seems to be in the wars my alliance participates in.

sand
03-01-14, 02:26 PM
I agree to the withdrawal part. But isn't there a 30 minute wait time already? At least there seems to be in the wars my alliance participates in.

Wait times vary depending on how many compatible alliances are declaring war at the same time. We have seen a range of 2 to 25 minutes (apart from the time we were waiting for days, of course). Mostly, we are matched within 10 minutes.