PDA

View Full Version : Last expansion slot. Do I?

ajax1964
02-24-14, 04:15 PM
So I've got 5 permits burning a hole in my pocket. Should I do the last expansion or wait, have this itchy feeling a bunch more are coming and they'll take less permits to get. Hmmmmm

luna2cute
02-24-14, 07:02 PM
Roll the dice and see what happens. ;)

jptheripper
02-24-14, 07:14 PM
Make some extras first, once you finish expanding you can no longer make permits

stuffedmounts
02-25-14, 01:10 AM
Make some extras first, once you finish expanding you can no longer make permits

Which is completely stupid considering how long it takes to make them. And for that reason alone I will always have at least one incomplete expansion on my map.

ShibuyaCloth
02-25-14, 01:22 AM
Who care about the permits! Just have plenty of trade tickets in reserve. Making a permit takes only 4 hours, peanuts compared to the 30 tickets needed. I need the space, after I just pile up tickets and when the next expansion comes, just craft the trade tickets. I don't need to instant expand my kingdom once an expansion hits. I still need to have some goal to pursue.

sabrinashal
02-25-14, 02:26 AM
Who care about the permits! Just have plenty of trade tickets in reserve. Making a permit takes only 4 hours, peanuts compared to the 30 tickets needed. I need the space, after I just pile up tickets and when the next expansion comes, just craft the trade tickets. I don't need to instant expand my kingdom once an expansion hits. I still need to have some goal to pursue.

you should care about the permits!

and it is smart to make some extras first! because once you finish expanding you can no longer make permits!!!

meaning that if you finish to do all the expansion on the map and you have 99 trade tickets you can no longer make any permits!

so its better to just keep on pumping those trade tickets to permits as long as you can!

Queenzod
02-25-14, 02:53 AM
you should care about the permits!

and it is smart to make some extras first! because once you finish expanding you can no longer make permits!!!

meaning that if you finish to do all the expansion on the map and you have 99 trade tickets you can no longer make any permits!

so its better to just keep on pumping those trade tickets to permits as long as you can!

You can have more than 99 trade tickets. And when there's new expansions, they open up the exchange for more expansion tickets, so I don't see the problem in doing the last expansion and accumulating trade tickets. Am I missing something?

MblWa
02-25-14, 03:08 AM
No, you don't.

stuffedmounts
02-25-14, 09:51 AM
Permits take 4 hours to craft. But to actually make one, the fastest it can be done is 30 * 2 hours + 4 hours. That doesn't include the time it takes to get the materials for the 2 hour trades. So, when you say "just have plenty of trade tickets in reserve", you're not acknowledging how long it takes to get them. It takes a LONG TIME even at the fastest rate.

vednir
02-25-14, 01:08 PM
It's very likely sometime in the future you will have to buy something using trade tickets. The tinker camp and royal manor are two existing examples. So if you're spending all of your trade tickets on expansion permits you will likely need to rebuild your stockpile when this occurs.

Expansion permits only require 4 hours per permit so as long as you have a stockpile of trade tickets you should be able to make plenty within a few days.

As mentioned previously there is no known upper limit on the number of trade tickets that you can have. It certainly isn't 99 as there are plenty of people that have reported stockpiling more of them on this forum.

labsandboxers
02-25-14, 03:12 PM
I concur. I had the same thoughts for a while. But now I store tickets until needed. Not sure of my current number ,but I pasted 99 months ago. I needed the space as I still do. So expand when you can. Because I hate having to store things that took a while to produce.

ShibuyaCloth
02-25-14, 03:12 PM
Permits take 4 hours to craft. But to actually make one, the fastest it can be done is 30 * 2 hours + 4 hours. That doesn't include the time it takes to get the materials for the 2 hour trades. So, when you say "just have plenty of trade tickets in reserve", you're not acknowledging how long it takes to get them. It takes a LONG TIME even at the fastest rate.

Well this is what I said. I do not convert my trade tickets into permits BUT I DO TRADES. I use my inventory overflow to do trades. When I need permits, I convert some tickets. That also means I have expanded all that is possible, I have no spare permits in my inventory.