PDA

View Full Version : Contest Suggestion (FlameyHawk/Mine)

Cam
01-15-11, 05:03 PM
Hey Norman!
If you have not already seen FlameyHawks Thread, here is our plan
You and flameyhawk will judge the contest.
what will happen:

4 players will go into a contest, chosen by you and FlameyHawk
(i will be a contender)

FlameyHawk Will Decide On A Theme.

Prizes: 1st: 100 gems
2nd: 50
3rd: 25
4th: 10

Distributed By Teamlava?

please reply norman

FlameyHawk
01-15-11, 05:27 PM
Thanks Cam! Look on your wall.

Cam
01-15-11, 08:49 PM
FlameyHawk And I Are Just Using this for an opportunity to fund some lucky people with some gems to start off the new year.

Please Let The Opportunity Pass Norman!!!!!

Unregistered
01-15-11, 09:12 PM
FlameyHawk And I Are Just Using this for an opportunity to fund some lucky people with some gems to start off the new year.

Please Let The Opportunity Pass Norman!!!!!

The reason why the other contest with Lesley worked was because she gave out Gems from her own Restaurant
so are you guys going to do the same and give out gems from your own pocket or teamlava? im sure norman wont agree to just give gems because they are so precious to him

♦Cam♦
01-15-11, 11:09 PM
Hey.
Look, Wouldn't you think about these things?

If you could buy gems, where would they come from?

not norman,
the answer is... no-one!
gems dont come from users!
obviously if someone from teamlava had their own account, they would be able to fund THEMSELVES gems for free!

its not like a sign would pop up one day on the area where u purchase gems and say...
SORRY! WE HAVE NO MORE GEMS!

i dont mean to be a pain or anything, but that is the way it is

:(

♦ID♦ gobblies

Unregistered
01-16-11, 02:09 PM
Hey.

not norman,
the answer is... no-one!
obviously if someone from teamlava had their own account, they would be able to fund THEMSELVES gems for free!

its not like a sign would pop up one day on the area where u purchase gems and say...

♦ID♦ gobblies

to be honest i didnt understand a single thing of what you said...
what does that have to do with the point that norman probably won't do the contest
unless you or flamey put up the gems for others to win...

teamlava wants you to spend money on their gems.. so of course they dont want to put them up themselves.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 03:54 PM
Hey.

not norman,
the answer is... no-one!

♦ID♦ gobblies

I'm not sure what you're trying to say Cam.

For my contest I bought the gems upfront and had to send an email to team lava to verify they could use my gems for contest. They weren't free. I paid for them. I don't work for them if that's what you're trying to insinuate.
My player contest was approved because I coughed up gems. Granted, they provided second prize. I couldn't chose the winner because they didn't want it to be biased.
If you and flameyhawk want to run a contest I think that's a great idea. But you'd probably have to put up gems like I did and I doubt they'd let anyone judge. Just to avoid the player picking themselves under another account, or one of their buddies. It's unlikely that you would be able to limit who could enter either.
L.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 04:12 PM
The reason why the other contest with Lesley worked was because she gave out Gems from her own Restaurant
so are you guys going to do the same and give out gems from your own pocket or teamlava? im sure norman wont agree to just give gems because they are so precious to him

Actually, team lava did provide second prize for my contest. But yes, 100 gems came from my r.s acct and 50 went to first place in bakery and restaurant. ( and tho some may think otherwise...i did buy the gems and i dont work or even know team lava... Im in canada lol...but i admit to buying them when they were on sale ) anyways, I was really happy with the turnout and may ask Team lava if I can do another contest but next time for farm and city. We'll see.

I'd originally asked if contest could be limited to younger players and/ or those that hadn't bought gems before, but I think there was an issue making a limited contest so it was open. That was fine because the designs and statements from everyone were really good!

I saw a suggestion by someone about being able to gift nbrs a gem today. I like that idea too, and if other player to player contests aren't approved then I hope they consider this idea. I'd use some of my gems to gift some of my great nbrs.

L.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 10:01 PM
I think there should be a poll that up gamers should have once a week or month that we have somewhere to go n vote on farm bakery city etc.... For best farm etc it would give more incentive to make them look good I dnt think it should be by number it would b just like voting for pres