PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Updates

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:36 PM
To All: Starting this to maybe give Teamlava a jumpstart to updating.
Now, in with the show!
Teamlava, us players of your great-but limited game are getting tired of the lack of updates. I hope that by posting this, the fans of your game can give you some much-needed help.
I've got some suggestions for you for crops, animals, and trees.
CROPS: (some herbs are listed here) basil, cilantro, parsley, sage, lavender, oregano, etc.
(some flowers are listed here) poinsettia, mums, rhodedendron.
ANIMALS: Golden Retriver, gray, orange, and white cats, sheepdog.
TREES: Grapefruit, lime, and different colored apple trees(much like your white and brown chickens).
NORMAN, PLEASE RESOPOND TO THIS THREAD IF YOU'RE LISTENING! And if any FS players have ideas, post them on this thread as well!!

Unregistered
01-15-11, 03:11 PM
Great idea! For starters I would like an active Team Lava member to make a real presence on the boards. I feel as if Team Lava truly takes its customers for granted. Having said that I would like to have:

1. A farmer that we can purchase with coins
2. More flags
3. A tractor
4. New houses

I also wish notifications would work

Unregistered
01-16-11, 04:45 PM
Hi Norman, I'm the starter of this thread and the first poster-just to let you know.
I've got some more ideas for you and everybody else at Teamlava.

TREES: Peach, Apricot, and Mango.
CROPS: Rosemary, Cucumber, Chives, and Zucchini.

Just some suggestions: Add more gift options, some from your current stock of items. make the scenery to where it changes by season.

If all of our suggestions are just to much for one update, take it one step at a time. Us players would like to see some change every once in a while.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 07:19 PM
I love the hopefulness of this thread!

My ideas:

More decoration items - barrels, buckets, rakes, more out door furniture like tables and chairs. Hay stacks, wagons. Windmills, plows,

New buildings - more shed outbuilding options, different colored cottages. Stables, stock pens.

Agree with all crops already mentioned - the herbs sound great. Will take any crops given.

Smiles

Mattdiner
01-16-11, 07:53 PM
These ideas are all great!
How about a dirt road that runs along the bottom right of the farm so it doesn't look like it is in the middle of nowhere.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 05:19 AM
i would like to have turkies, doves, gooses , oxes, a donkey, goats (and they all make noise:)and they can have babies ), a tractor, more crops, herbs, fruits and a farmer and is girlfriend(and they can also have babies;) )

Unregistered
01-17-11, 12:51 PM
forgot the peacock;)

Unregistered
01-18-11, 05:14 AM
Would be great if you can save up coins to exchange for some gems, instead of only purchasing these. My little girl loved to buy more animals and is interested in the chests, but all that would cost me a fortune. It's hard to explain this to a child.
Or, if this is not possible or preferrable, make more items available for coins.
For the rest keep it up !

Unregistered
01-18-11, 02:18 PM
I agree with all the other about different things a pond would be cool all farms have a pond!!differnt flowers and new items to send to friends PLEASE!!! thanks

Unregistered
01-19-11, 02:20 PM
I strongly agree with the idea of having more things available for coins instead of jewels. I have almost a million coins and nothing to spend them on. I'd love more animals, a pond, more houses, more outdoor things, etc. But available for coins, not jewels. Is there any way one can buy jewels for coins?

Unregistered
01-19-11, 03:36 PM
I'd also like to buy gems with coins. The current rate of 500 coins = 1 gem is a starting point. If that would make some of the animals too easy to obtain, even up to 5000 coins/gem would be livable.

I'd also like a way to remove neighbor invitations. (There's already a way to remove neighbors.) If you can't remove them manually, how about automatically, like 1-2 weeks after the invite is sent?

Is there a way to go to a particular player's farm other than finding them through the Social link or sending them a neighbor invite? There should be.

I'll agree with the herbs, some new veggies (especially the zucchini), and the tractor.

I'd especially like a functioning tractor to help plow larger farms. My farm is only 15 x 15 and I've already developed quite a callus on my finger from tapping so many times to plow, plant, and harvest.

How about bicycles and small, white picket fences for decoration?

How about a way to rotate your view of the farm? If you get something small, like a dog bowl or short crop, behind something tall, like a cow or tree, it can be very hard if not impossible to find and select.

Unregistered
01-19-11, 08:17 PM
I'm here again-the poster of this thread. Just call me SA for now. Alright, thanks to everyone that's posted here. Your ideas are great and I hope TeamLava will notice and respond. Keep it up

NORMAN: Please respond to my thread if you and TeamLava are listening.

Ideas: Like on #10's post, how about a way to search for people in-game. Like a Google toolbar, we could just type the farmer's name in and BAM! There it is. If you've been reading Norman, a tractor is a popular suggestion. How about that? It doesn't have to be functional though.

Thanks everybody for your advice to TeamLava on this Thread!
Keep it up

TheGreanReaper
01-23-11, 09:04 PM
I too would love to be able to buy a tractor to park next to the barn.

And there should be a way to remove invites. We should be able to do it manually and there should also be be an automatic clean up function that will remove unanswered invites after 4 days.

I know these have been posted, but wanted to add my vote for the ideas.

Unregistered
01-24-11, 09:06 PM
myself and a few of my neighbors would like some giftable dogs
a few names thrown around were:
any type of shepard
spaniel
beagle
bassett hound

I'd like to see gems for coins. I'd be willing to pay as much as 10,000 to 1 exchange rate.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 04:24 PM
Anyone else having an issue of the water drops not showing up on your farm? I have messages from neighbors who watered, however the water isn't there. And when you harvest your crop, you are not getting the extra points either! Hopefully they fix and update this issue asap.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 05:02 PM
has anyone noticed norman hasnt replayed this thread??

Unregistered
01-25-11, 06:50 PM
has anyone noticed norman hasnt replayed this thread??

Hey its SA. I started this thread in hopes that TeamLava and Norman would see it and respond. But, as of now they haven't. As long as all the FS players keep responding and keep this the #1 thread out there, mabye we can keep it up.

Keep it up guys!-SA

Unregistered
01-26-11, 07:51 PM
Personally I would like to see the level cap increase from it's current level of 75. Maybe double it to 150. Also how about giving us more land to purchase along with more crops and PLEASE find a way to make it easier to plow/harvest!! Don't know about anyone else but my fingers are sore from tapping every single square. Anyway there could be a harvest all or plow all option to harvest what's ready and plow what needs plowed?

Unccle Don
01-27-11, 11:40 AM
I like the idea being passed around about gems for coins. I would like to expand and add more buildings but don't want to mortgage my house to do so. How do you retrieve gifts that are sent to you?

Aschoolgal
01-27-11, 05:04 PM
I like all the ideas so far. Especially for options to buying gems. I'd like to see a night and day on my farm..with lights on in the homes, light posts that light. To that end, we really need variety to decorations bought with points we've earned. How about a car? Roads and paths with materials other than pavers...booorrrrrringg How about land expansions to sides ( n,s,e,w)
Rewards to consistent nbrs? How about a way to tell in your nbr list, who has watered and gifted, and who you have visited...would save a lot of time. Oh, how about being able to manage your gift options e.g. I don't want trees or livestock, can I temporary delete or block those options for myself?
It too would be nice if u could help a nbr with planting/ harvesting etc. And finally, please more than 10 waters per nbr?

Aschoolgal
01-27-11, 05:15 PM
We need CATS
Not everyone likes dogs!
Let's not be discriminatory now!

Most farms have cats, to eat the rats, that steal the oats, that feed the horses.....lol
meow
,,,=^..^=,,,

Unregistered
01-30-11, 08:28 PM
These ideas are all great!
How about a dirt road that runs along the bottom right of the farm so it doesn't look like it is in the middle of nowhere.

That's actually a **** good idea!
And remove these stupid flowers from all around the farms.

Unregistered
02-01-11, 01:19 PM
How about a swimming pool, proper steps to houses and all the things above the others mentioned. Let us use our coins. I know you make money from the jewels but give the option to use coins or jewels. I look with envy to those who can afford to buy jewels. At least if we have the option we can save to buy other decorations.

Loadstone
02-01-11, 07:18 PM
I would like to see a permium functions added.

It would be the ability to Harvest All, Plow All, Plant All.

If it means paying 50 gems for it I would. Call it buying a tractor that will enable the functions.

I'll pay $1.99 for the updated game just to save my time and my fingers.

korrekaminos
02-02-11, 10:44 AM
Deber?a de haber una manera de conseguir m?s joyas a base de trabajo, los art?culos que se pagan con joyas son car?simo. deberia poderse intercambiar las monedas que se ganan en el juego por joyas. Por que a fin de cuentas no es mas que un juego.

Unregistered
02-02-11, 11:13 AM
I would like to see a permium functions added.

It would be the ability to Harvest All, Plow All, Plant All.

If it means paying 50 gems for it I would. Call it buying a tractor that will enable the functions.

I'll pay $1.99 for the updated game just to save my time and my fingers.

Yes, I would pay as well for these options...and less bugs. A premium version with good support would be great. I love the game so I'd be willing to pay a good amount for an even better experience...would have to have a lot more levels, crops, animals etc...and ability to put decorations on top of decorations...like a dog on top of a hay bale kwim?

Unregistered
02-11-11, 01:10 PM
Would be great if you can save up coins to exchange for some gems, instead of only purchasing these. My little girl loved to buy more animals and is interested in the chests, but all that would cost me a fortune. It's hard to explain this to a child.
Or, if this is not possible or preferrable, make more items available for coins.

I completely agree! You shoudnt have to pay for something in a free game

Unregistered
02-12-11, 04:07 PM
A chicken coop! We need a chicken coop--I'm really surprised there isn't one already.

I like the idea of a tractor too. And more crops.

Unregistered
02-16-11, 03:03 AM
All the advertisements I've seen online have boasted that Farm Story has over 150 varieties of fruits, vegetables and trees. I'm nearly at level 40 and have only counted 57. Um...where are the other 100 or so species? Do I have a faulty
version? The weekly update thing was already a promise unkept. I know TeamLava wants to lure customers away from FarmVille and all, but to do it through false advertising? Shame, shame, shame.

Unregistered
02-16-11, 08:11 PM
It would be so nice if the animals would move. Can there be different types of gnomes instead of them all looking the same. Mastery gnomes should look like the crop they are for. Also, it would be nice to be able to put in pavers and then put things on the patio. You can't put anything on the pavers, like table and chairs or dogs. I've noticed you haven't listened responded to this thread, but thought I'd offer some ideas anyway.

Unregistered
02-18-11, 12:20 PM
If I have 50 friends I should be able to receive 50 gifts.

Unregistered
02-18-11, 12:50 PM
How about a stand to sell your crops. A windmill. Hybrid crops that grow bigger and faster. Scarecrow. Different gems. Link neighbors by scrolling to any side (instead of having to go to a menu).

Unregistered
02-18-11, 12:53 PM
Never mind the scarecrow.

Unregistered
02-19-11, 03:38 PM
We really need HTC wildfire screen resolution support! !
I'm sick of getting the error you need screen size of 420x380 stay tuned for future updates..
What future update??

QTPI
02-19-11, 05:29 PM
I agree with the suggestions for more animals,vegetables,herbs,trees as well as animals bearing babys. It would be nice to have a family living and working on the farm. Roads to travel are a good idea,as well as different types of homes,farm equipment and different types of transportation. More water would b great! With the farms really being able to expand the water is needed. Also maybe a type of stand where we could sell our flowers/ fruits. Make an easier way to help the farmers that have helped me,this way we won't leave anyone without assistance. I definitely agree with buying gems with coins,that would b really great! Thanks in advance for all you can help. QTPI.

mjp21@iinet. net.au
02-19-11, 11:05 PM
i agree with all posts very difficult having to pay for most things...i would love an aussie flag,a herb garden. Also i hate having to move everything 1 by 1 when i expand my farm takes for ever being able to move groups of things. would also love an easier way to crop and more time to harvest your crops before they withers.

so expensive to buy gems...why???? should be free
Lots more animals...maybe a duck pond and a ride on lawn mower. would also b e could if we could walk around our farms and maybe design our own avatar person.

Unregistered
02-21-11, 03:29 AM
I would like to be able to display only neighbors that I haven?t watered for the day. It?s a pain to scroll all the way down to each one when I have around 200 neighbors. It could be set as a option under edit to display them in different ways. It would be nice to sort neighbors for their star ratting or level.

Unregistered
02-22-11, 05:11 AM
My husband and I really enjoy Farm Story despite the lack of updates. We play for the fun of watching things grow and making new friends, with no need to get to the top of anything.

We do have a few ideas if anyone's listening:

1) For the houses (coin purchase): have color choices available (like you have for fences and hay bales! :-)
2) Tree ideas:
Fruit trees: olive, avocado, persimmon, lime, grapefruit, chestnut, citron (yuzu)
Decorative Trees: bamboo (maybe in clusters of 3 or 5 per square), pine (either Oriental or Occidental), magnolia, bottle brush, jacaranda, camelia, lilac
3) Vine Fruits & Flowers: kiwifruit, wisteria, calabash gourd, English cucumber, fig
4) Herb/Spice Ideas: lavender, oregano, rosemary, thyme, chive, lemongrass, saffron (expensive!), ginger, garlic
5) Shrubs: tea, azalea, juniper, hydgrangea
6) Water Features: pond (by the square), irrigation ditch (by the square), creek or river (by the square)
7) Accessories/Accent: garden hose, stepping stones, Japanese garden bridge, stone lantern, windmill, water wheel
8) Flags: South Korea, Thailand, Spain, Italy, Australia

I hope these ideas are helpful. We sure do enjoy the game! Updates would make it better and increase the chances of people buying into the game.

Thank you for your time.

Unregistered
02-23-11, 12:17 AM
Under trees, how about a pear tree? ( Maybe with a little partridge in it ;) )

Unregistered
02-24-11, 05:22 PM
This is a MUST. I love this game but on my HTC Desire it's using up too much memory (12Mb) - more than any other app I have. Maybe there's a valid reason for it to remain on the phone rather than SD Card, but surely something can be done to reduce the footprint a bit!

Unregistered
02-24-11, 05:56 PM
This is a MUST. I love this game but on my HTC Desire it's using up too much memory (12Mb) - more than any other app I have. Maybe there's a valid reason for it to remain on the phone rather than SD Card, but surely something can be done to reduce the footprint a bit!

Same here!

Unregistered
02-24-11, 11:05 PM
Hi, maybe instead of tapping each land/square, we can just slide it? For example, touch 5 lands to plant 5 _____, instead of touching, you have to option to touch and slide 5 squares. Good Idea right? Saves alot of time

-Lucas

Unregistered
02-25-11, 10:15 AM

All the games should have the option to exchange coins for gems. I've bought all the items I want to with coins. I have tons left over but everything else cost gems. I have bought some gems for expansions, but this would be a nice option. (Even if it was every once in a while!)

Unregistered
02-25-11, 10:17 AM
I strongly agree with the idea of having more things available for coins instead of jewels. I have almost a million coins and nothing to spend them on. I'd love more animals, a pond, more houses, more outdoor things, etc. But available for coins, not jewels. Is there any way one can buy jewels for coins?

All the games should have the option to exchange coins for gems. I've bought all the items I want to with coins. I have tons left over but everything else cost gems. I have bought some gems for expansions, but this would be a nice option. (Even if it was every once in a while!)

Axel
02-25-11, 02:34 PM
1. Remove unanswered neighbor requests.
2. Buy gems or change the price of the articles from gems to coins.
3. Play online, not only in the device.

Unregistered
02-25-11, 02:41 PM
Hi, maybe instead of tapping each land/square, we can just slide it? For example, touch 5 lands to plant 5 _____, instead of touching, you have to option to touch and slide 5 squares. Good Idea right? Saves alot of time

-Lucas

How about a tractor that you can touch and harvest "all"
I am playing smurf game and there is a farmer and house you can buy and put next to crops.
When time to Harvest you hit him and all crops get harvested.

What a time saver!!!

Unregistered
02-25-11, 03:34 PM
I would like to have some special new features.

First the neighbor list : we could have many neighbors, so it is impossible to remeber all neighbors I have already watered today. So it would be very helpfull to have one button on the neighbor site to see if I already watered, or not, and one button to see if I have been watered.

Second: If I superior to sell on item out of my inventory, I would like to see the the coins I would get first before I sell the item and not after selling it. And an posibility to sell intems for Gems would be very fine.

Unregistered
02-25-11, 04:06 PM
I would like to have some special new features.

First the neighbor list : we could have many neighbors, so it is impossible to remeber all neighbors I have already watered today. So it would be very helpfull to have one button on the neighbor site to see if I already watered, or not, and one button to see if I have been watered.

Second: If I superior to sell on item out of my inventory, I would like to see the the coins I would get first before I sell the item and not after selling it. And an posibility to sell intems for Gems would be very fine.

What a waste of time! First of us, no freemium game devs will have a coins for jewels/gems/whatever. They won't make enough money that way. Also, I just read a thread that explains the total lack of updates...check out all the new games TeamLava is making..there's a thread somewhere I just read..no wonder they have no time to make things for our game! They have no intentions of upgrading the existing games in any good way.

Unregistered
03-01-11, 09:14 AM
Read these interviews with teamlava and see if you agree with what they are saying:

http://appmodo.com/36766/interview-with-johnny-coghlan-of-teamlava/

Some highlights:

"The key focus at TeamLava is creating really high-quality games that are the best in their category. They need to be appealing and accessible to players, as well as offer unparalleled depth to encourage fans to keep playing, with multiple layers of discovery and achievement. We always listen to feedback from fans and treat them as family, to ensure that we are providing the best support and new free game content at all times."

How about listening to the feedback from your fans and adding some more depth, discovery, and achievement to the games so we can continue playing instead of making bull**** games like hospital story, nightclub story, etc

"All of our games are proprietary and internally developed. That means we are constantly innovating and adding to our existing games"

We haven't seen much in the way of updates to existing games have we? Certainly not "weekly updates" like they promise.

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2010/10...rview-teamlava

"we really feel an obligation to ensure we reward that loyalty with regular free new content updates to maintain interest"

woops, looks like they lied in that interview. I play empire story and unless you call one content update in 4 months "regular" i disagree

"One thing that you can be sure of is that the team constantly reads the feedback from our users and factors their requests into our updates and product development"

Interesting, you show no indication that you do this.

"We also supply a lot of free new content to players, ensuring that they can still discover and enjoy new experiences as they play and socialize with friends every day"

really? what does everyone think about this?

Unregistered
03-01-11, 11:36 PM
You could never exchange coins for gems, that would run Team Lava out of business. Gems have a real world value at 0.172 cents / gem. Therefore all items that are marked with gems have this real world value associated with them. Coins on the other hand grow on tree (literally in Farm Story) and are a completely valueless item from a real world viewpoint. If you could buy gems (real value) with coins (valueless) that would be giving a valueless item value, and basically be Team Lava giving out their profit to their customers. It just could never happen.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:51 AM
I like all the ideas so far. Especially for options to buying gems. I'd like to see a night and day on my farm..with lights on in the homes, light posts that light. To that end, we really need variety to decorations bought with points we've earned. How about a car? Roads and paths with materials other than pavers...booorrrrrringg How about land expansions to sides ( n,s,e,w)
Rewards to consistent nbrs? How about a way to tell in your nbr list, who has watered and gifted, and who you have visited...would save a lot of time. Oh, how about being able to manage your gift options e.g. I don't want trees or livestock, can I temporary delete or block those options for myself?
It too would be nice if u could help a nbr with planting/ harvesting etc. And finally, please more than 10 waters per nbr?

How come my neighbors can gift me a cow, but no cows appear in my gift listing?

As neighbors who have been gifted are "marked" is would certainly be nice to have a similar marking for those neighbors who have received their daily water allotment, allowing a player to go back to those who haven't.

And what's up with the star levels? How many "waters" does it take to reach/maintain a level 4? How can a neighbor maintain level 4 (stars) and never water my farm - that I can tell, since the news-feed disappears too quickly?

It would certainly be nice to see the visited farm's star level (as well as my own) when I'm there - it appears that the only method of seeing the visited farm's star level is to a) have them as a neighbor and go through the neighbors list or b) check it on the community list.

It would SURE be nice to be able to block-plow, plant, or harvest. I understand the limitations of touch-screens, but come on - invent something!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:59 AM
I would like to be able to display only neighbors that I haven?t watered for the day. It?s a pain to scroll all the way down to each one when I have around 200 neighbors. It could be set as a option under edit to display them in different ways. It would be nice to sort neighbors for their star ratting or level.

Is there a way to determine if another player has abandoned the farm? I don't mean for the weekend - if someone has quit playing, their farm should be foreclosed and taken off the board.

And what's up with players who apparently only acquire neighbors in order to expand their farms? They don't water, they don't gift, they just occupy MY time watering their trees while their crops lie there withered.

Unregistered
03-10-11, 01:57 PM
First the neighbor list : we could have many neighbors, so it is impossible to remeber all neighbors I have already watered today. So it would be very helpfull to have one button on the neighbor site to see if I already watered, or not, and one button to see if I have been watered

Wait til all neighbours can receive gifts. Then visit, water and gift at the same time.

Unregistered
03-10-11, 02:00 PM
Gates
Llamas
Water curves and straights to design ponds, streams etc. with reed edging perhaps?
Same for roads, but with grassy edging.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 09:50 AM
I like all these ideas, living on a farm I see alot of things they need to update, animals reproducing etc. Pond would be great w/fish etc. Something else that I would like to see is the ability to purchase a neighbors farm after they quit playing. Not for sure how it would work but I think that'd be cool.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 09:08 PM
I think it would b helpful if we had a favorites option on our wall for our neighbors. That way we wouldn't have to go thru all our neighbors to get to ones that r on the bottom of the list. I no I have a few regular neighbors that r on the bottom of my list an it gets frustrating to have to scroll thru all of em to get to it. Please help me out wit that.

Unregistered
03-20-11, 03:03 AM
How about a stand to sell your crops. A windmill. Hybrid crops that grow bigger and faster. Scarecrow. Different gems. Link neighbors by scrolling to any side (instead of having to go to a menu).

Yes! A moving animated wind mill will be nice!!!

Unregistered
03-20-11, 09:41 AM
In the section "Social (invite friends)", please add the possibility to remove our pending invites when players do not play anymore (because we can't make some new invitations when you have a lot of pending invites...).
Thanks.