PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable Faerie Elixir

onemansmiracle
02-22-14, 01:22 AM
The fact that when you try to make the faerie elixir, you need to collect 15 times from greenhouse, 10 floral glow,4 life extract,and then faerie elixir itself. These cost 15 energies. So the net energies you may get is 5 for all those troubles and vast waste of materials, is this a joke?

pixsmith
02-22-14, 01:26 AM
The fact that when you try to make the faerie elixir, you need to collect 15 times from greenhouse, 10 floral glow,4 life extract,and then faerie elixir itself. These cost 15 energies. So the net energies you may get is 5 for all those troubles and vast waste of materials, is this a joke?

Yes. But it's fun :-)

mymummy789
02-22-14, 02:39 AM
Yes. But it's fun :-)

exactly!!! I don't understand when people complain about the amount of energy this and that needs. I like to have something to do in my kingdom, regardless of the energy it takes. If I worried about that, I would never do anything and may as well stop playing!!!!

dizzy7373
02-22-14, 02:43 AM
I don't mind it, A lot of the materials are byproducts from collecting other materials, mushrooms also give glimmerdust, cows will drop fertilizer with milk, ivys hut will give you seeds whilst you are also getting tails, petals etc, the hedge will give a variety of petals.
using 1 energy before going to bed to collect from the greenhouse is just using up 1 energy, it's not like you are spending all 15 energy at once to collect 20.
if you have a glut of the more common items, you can convert them into floral glow or life extract, then when you next collect fertilizer, instead of being maxed it will top up.
Now when you have 99 glow and 99 extract and need an energy boost, just start the recipe in the greenhouse and 2 mins later you have a 20 energy boost.
Think of this as a long term investment.
You won't be spending all day and all your energy concentrating on this recipe to get 20 energy at the end, you will be letting it plod along over a few weeks so that when you need an energy boost the final step is ready in a very short time.

rabsos
02-22-14, 01:28 PM
I don't mind it, A lot of the materials are byproducts from collecting other materials, mushrooms also give glimmerdust, cows will drop fertilizer with milk, ivys hut will give you seeds whilst you are also getting tails, petals etc, the hedge will give a variety of petals.
using 1 energy before going to bed to collect from the greenhouse is just using up 1 energy, it's not like you are spending all 15 energy at once to collect 20.
if you have a glut of the more common items, you can convert them into floral glow or life extract, then when you next collect fertilizer, instead of being maxed it will top up.
Now when you have 99 glow and 99 extract and need an energy boost, just start the recipe in the greenhouse and 2 mins later you have a 20 energy boost.
Think of this as a long term investment.
You won't be spending all day and all your energy concentrating on this recipe to get 20 energy at the end, you will be letting it plod along over a few weeks so that when you need an energy boost the final step is ready in a very short time.

Exactly, that's how I think about it, when your maxed out on everything but no energy you could put those to work in times of need. It's all about thinking how you could use it for the future not exactly the "right now".

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-22-14, 07:37 PM
Everybody makes valid points about the elixir & makes sense ... I just wish it also came with a trade ticket like the other energy exchanges do, in the Royal Exchange...building up 99 for tinker camp is taking me foreverrrrrrr lol..and I haven't even started expansions that need 30 per permit, yikes!

passinthru8
02-22-14, 07:52 PM
I was upset because I thought it was Faerie Elixer + 20 Energery. What is the + (plus) sign there for? I agree, it takes a lot of inventory & Energy to make. especially my precious Glimmerdust that I now need for Glimmer Adventures, and used up. But that was my stupidity. Also I haven't gotten any Bulbs from the greenhouse. I keep getting random garden stuff.

Mylly2
02-23-14, 02:44 PM
I was upset because I thought it was Faerie Elixer + 20 Energery. What is the + (plus) sign there for? .

I'm assuming the + (plus) is there because you might get more than 20 energies, maybe 24 or 30.

vednir
02-23-14, 03:02 PM
It's too bad you can't store these like the energy crates.

tmh690
02-23-14, 03:02 PM
I think it means you craft a faerie elixir and in addition you get 20 energy.

tmh690
02-23-14, 03:04 PM
In a way you are able to store the energy, just keep the ingredients on hand and in 2 minutes you have additional energy.

BriarAvenue
02-23-14, 06:40 PM
In a way you are able to store the energy, just keep the ingredients on hand and in 2 minutes you have additional energy.

Yes and no, they make the Elixir so attractive and I was actually planned to keep one in the inventory.
Didn't expect it to go poof... n turn into energy!
It would have been best if we can store it in the inventory like the recent energy crates
and we have the option to use it or not, and when to use it.

lordviv
02-24-14, 12:11 PM
I feel people are also missing out on the point that this baby gives you 20 energy in 2 mins!!

So if we have stock of the floral glow and vital extract over time, when you get to quests that suddenly need tons of energy in a short burst and trust me you will.. For different reasons.. Say you are suddenly short on wood and sap.. You can chop down a hundred trees in barely 20 mins...

I think this energy source is awesome :D

gdmcrjunkie
02-24-14, 01:45 PM
I feel people are also missing out on the point that this baby gives you 20 energy in 2 mins!!

So if we have stock of the floral glow and vital extract over time, when you get to quests that suddenly need tons of energy in a short burst and trust me you will.. For different reasons.. Say you are suddenly short on wood and sap.. You can chop down a hundred trees in barely 20 mins...

I think this energy source is awesome :D

Yes! I'm now ready to craft 2 elixirs, working on the 3rd :) I'll try to have a couple ready each Thursday~

Castloninian
02-24-14, 03:01 PM
I have enough made for one time, not sure I'll do more as I have better uses for some of the resources (e.g. living wood and glimmerdust)

andinspace
04-10-14, 08:59 AM
It's too bad you can't store these like the energy crates.

That is a fantastic idea!

gumoza
04-13-14, 07:22 AM
Why it's so bad. Or this elixir will give u +20 max energy? That's will be nice. (Have 60,not 40 energy) :cool:

zoo123g
04-13-14, 07:23 AM
its fun :)

bizi
04-18-14, 06:15 PM
Today I looked at the cost to create a Faerie Elixir.

How can the developers possibly think that a cost of 240 energy spent (minimum, not including random hope that the seeds and living wood drop 1 click per) is somehow worth 20 energy in return.

roguebee
04-18-14, 06:25 PM
Strictly from a perspective of someone actually going out and collecting items specifically to get the 20 energy you are right. However, almost all the items needed are things you accumulate when collecting coins and items from other places, almost by-products. Then you are merely adding an item or two to utilize your surplus and have 20 energies ready in a 2 minute notice.

Gabi2111
04-18-14, 06:28 PM
Depends how you look at it. :)

I'm often maxed out with petals, seeds, living wood etc. And I find that message popping up about being maxed out a tad annoying. So I rather produce some stuff for the elixir. Right now I have enough to create 3 elixirs, which might come in handy soon.

Other then that, I think it's cute and fun. And I rather not start counting out my losses when it comes to those games....lol...it might spoil the fun. And I can't have that can't i?

bizi
04-19-14, 12:33 AM
Strictly from a perspective of someone actually going out and collecting items specifically to get the 20 energy you are right. However, almost all the items needed are things you accumulate when collecting coins and items from other places, almost by-products. Then you are merely adding an item or two to utilize your surplus and have 20 energies ready in a 2 minute notice.

if i could get enough flowers as by-products i would not have posted this point. because it is the same with the energy that you can get from the Royal exchange. that energy is a good by-product of normal clicking. but flowers do not drop often enough to be a "by-product" of normal clicking around.

keep in mind i have been playing this game for what? almost 2 years? and flowers have never been something that "accumulated" as by-products...i have to farm flowers when i need to make dye. never have i had enough laying around to just make the dye i needed.

ShibuyaCloth
04-19-14, 01:14 AM
Several structures in the game provide petals as byproduct. I am always maxed out on petals. I do harvest them when I need to replenish a stock due to heavy use (i.e. generate living wood). Anyway I have maxed out on all craftable items that need petals since long, including the floral glow.

ciarjen
04-19-14, 01:40 AM
I wasn't impressed when I first saw this in the greenhouse, thinking it took too much energy to make the collections. However, as I have ended up maxing out on the items I have been using them up. I use the greenhouse quite a lot these days.

bizi
04-19-14, 12:20 PM
Several structures in the game provide petals as byproduct. I am always maxed out on petals. I do harvest them when I need to replenish a stock due to heavy use (i.e. generate living wood). Anyway I have maxed out on all craftable items that need petals since long, including the floral glow.

what structures give red petals?

purple i get from the purple cow

i have 6 glimmer dust troves

but i never have just red laying around

ShibuyaCloth
04-19-14, 02:36 PM

The quick and cheap way is to use flowers. But as byproducts you have:
+ Purple Cow
+ Ivy's Hut
+ Fearie Respite
+ Multi-Color Hedge
+ Old Log
+ Patch of Tall grass
+ Fem Patch
+ Plant in a log

Gabi2111
04-19-14, 02:43 PM

I'm getting red petals from Ivy's hut and multi hedges. I rarely collect from flowers, only every now and then purple and red if I have energy to waste

bizi
04-22-14, 07:03 PM
I'm getting red petals from Ivy's hut and multi hedges. I rarely collect from flowers, only every now and then purple and red if I have energy to waste

i had never looked to see what multi hedge was. thank you! i will look into buying that!