PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Thread! What Goal Do I Do Next?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kooky panda
02-21-14, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, as new players are joining the Castle Story Family, they are getting very confused by the goals. I have been getting a lot of PMs from players not knowing which goals they need to do to get to the goals they really want to do.
Even though I have played all the past goals, it is sometimes hard to help members without knowing which goals they have not completed.

This thread is for anyone that is in this situation and not knowing what they should be working on.

For most of the newer goals, you will need to have most of the main characters walking around so when deciding what goals to do, try to focus on the ones surrounding the characters.

Goal Reference Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481773&viewfull=1#post481773)

If you are stuck, please post:

What level you are on in the game.
What goal you are trying to open up.
The names of the current goals showing in your game (do not count any promotional goals-downloading other games)

The moderators and long time playing members hopefully be able to guide you in the right direction!

tutshe
02-23-14, 04:30 AM
Mercurial Apothecaries gave me 10 essences,not 1. really worth it.

clk48706
02-25-14, 08:10 PM
I am finally getting close to having 20 Mithril. So do I use them to finish building the fairy respite or use them to finish the discover adamant in the just discovered fire quest? Both need 20 mithril so I can only do one. Please help!

tigarlilyvol
02-25-14, 10:52 PM
I am finally getting close to having 20 Mithril. So do I use them to finish building the fairy respite or use them to finish the discover adamant in the just discovered fire quest? Both need 20 mithril so I can only do one. Please help!

Not sure what level or goal you are on, the blythewood quest coming up needs the faiery respite to be at level 5 to complete if you are that far.

Anaboe
02-26-14, 07:39 PM
How do I get the Friendly Skunkupine?
3. How Can You Be So Heartless? .Rewards 10xp
. OFFER 500,000 coins x1 (no skip)

Do you really loose the 500,000 coins? It says "offer", not "pay" so I'm not sure. If so, I think I'll wait a little while, for I have plenty of goals I could use the coins for :)

roguebee
02-26-14, 08:18 PM
No, you pay. They are gone when offered.

maguar
02-27-14, 05:39 AM
Just FYI I've move my posts to the FAQ (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved)

Anaboe
02-27-14, 07:07 AM
Wow, 500.000 is a LOT to pay.... Guess I'll do that one later :)

oceans_of_time
03-01-14, 09:48 PM
I'm stuck... I'm asked to craft the night glimmer sword. I need to first craft the enchanted adamant bar... Where do I get the 10 dragon scales. I only have a pink alicorn, manicort and a mithril dragon.

EBJW
03-02-14, 12:16 AM
The (normal) dragon gives dragon scales, but the mithril dragon should too, according to inventory! They give other stuff as well, so it may take a few times before scales drop...

maguar
03-02-14, 01:09 AM
This thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?54528) has the steps required to get the dragon. It does require some random drops so it can take awhile.

sabrinashal
03-02-14, 01:51 AM
i am working on a big "Main Storyline" index in this thread -> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

this is what i have so far ....

Main Storyline

Princess Sabina Faire

01. Hungry For Freedom
02. Discriminating Tastes
03. Cutting Loose
04. Chivalrous Methods
05. My Hero
06. Contrite Knight
07. The Legend of Princess Faire
08. Sabina s Tale PART 1
09. Cutting It Close
10. Solvent Solutions
11. The Legend Continues
12. Sabina s Tale, Part 2
13. Still Caged
14. Fate Of A Princess
15. Sabina s Tale, Part 3
16. The Magic Scissors
17. Love And Trust
18. Strictly Ornamental
19. Overheated
20. Heart of the Sands
21. Sabinas House
22. Wigging Out
23. A Grateful Princess
24. A Cry In The Night
25. Sabina s Song
26. A Mysterious Egg
27. Little Manty

Glimmergate (PART 1)

01. Only In Fairy Tales
02. Role Playing Adventure
03. The Glimmergate
04. Lady Greselda
05. High Maintenance
06. Beyond the Glimmergate
07. Legendary Key Scroll
08. Enchanted Minerals
09. Key of Doors
10. Typical Baron

Glimmergate (PART 2)

01. Acting Chops
02. Rotten Tomato
03. Monkey In The Middle
04. Summoning the Golems
05. Ruler Must Haves
06. Wicked Ride
07. Mirror Mirror
08. On The Wall
09. Ivy Saves The Day
10. Thurstons Bravery
11. Night Glimmer Sword
12. Rock Smash
13. Allergic to Light
14. CRAFT Day Glimmer Sword
15. Evil Queen Showdown

Glimmergate (PART 3)

01. Shut the Door
02. Sabina's Play Debut
03. The Grand Trolling
04. Emo - tional Griselda
05. No place to go
06. Fashion Police
07. Specific Taste

Lady Greselda

01. Clean Slate
02. Accidental Smell
03. Frog Eye Pie
04. Glam Golem Lady
05. Sharing is caring
06. Forgive and forget
07. Hot Tomato
08. Friendly Gallows
09. Baron Scarecrow
10. Potion Shop Gossip

Adamant Alchemy

01. A witch and a half
02. What does it matter?
03. So far fetched
04. Tell one, tell all
05. Just discovered Fire

The Blythewood Sapling (Part 1)

01. Dear Agnes
02. Gift of Wonder
03. Can't Fool The Ladies
04. Four Page Letter
05. Dear Agnes Part 2
06. The Blythewood Sapling
07. To Be Selfless, No Matter The Cost

The Blythewood Sapling (Part 2)

01. Planting the seeds of . . . ?
02. Four Trinkets of Blessing
03. Water Blessing
04. Potion of Gills
05. Can I Breathe on Land?
06. Deep Sea Exploring
07. Lapis Lazuli Trinket
08. A Stake in the Tree
09. Any News?
10. Deep Rooted History
11. Something Blue and Something New
12. The Moonstone
13. Air Blessing
14. Not All Faeries Are the Same

To Be Continued ...

anyone would like to help me up a bit with the missing ones??? :p:o

shazroche
03-03-14, 05:45 AM
Dear all
Have been playing castle story for over a year now, and am sure I've completed all the goals quests I'm supposed to have but not received greselda walking around my town or having her goal unlocked where I can build her home/castle does anyone know what I've missed ?

kooky panda
03-03-14, 05:52 AM
Dear all
Have been playing castle story for over a year now, and am sure I've completed all the goals quests I'm supposed to have but not received greselda walking around my town or having her goal unlocked where I can build her home/castle does anyone know what I've missed ?

What level are you on?
What are the names of the goals still showing in your game? (not including promotional goals to play other games)

PikaSquirrel
03-03-14, 12:46 PM
Fashion Police is the Goal where you get Greselda in your Kingdom as a reward.

JakeandNanaBerg
03-04-14, 12:30 PM
How Can you Be So Heartless... Give $500,000. What is it for?

MiniLaura
03-04-14, 12:38 PM

At the end of the goal chain you will get a pet Skunkupine (the brown and white Skunkupine). Giving the coins is just one step in the goal chain. I know, it seems odd. Think of it as part of the price for such a great pet.

shambalaya
03-04-14, 12:40 PM

It's the quest line for the pet skunkupine, which will give rat tails, fur, bones, sugar cane, wheat, tomatoes and corn. It is super cute, but I would only do this goal if you have plenty of coins and you are close to fully expanded.

JakeandNanaBerg
03-04-14, 02:04 PM
Thank you for the info!:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-04-14, 02:09 PM
This may or may not be the right place to ask this, so forgive me if it's not ...
Is the white alicorn a gems-only animal now or will I reach a level where I can build one? Thanks

shambalaya
03-04-14, 02:15 PM
This may or may not be the right place to ask this, so forgive me if it's not ...
Is the white alicorn a gems-only animal now or will I reach a level where I can build one? Thanks

If you have the love shack, you can craft the white alicorn after completing the valentines quest line from last year, otherwise it is gem only.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-04-14, 02:22 PM
If you have the love shack, you can craft the white alicorn after completing the valentines quest line from last year, otherwise it is gem only.
Hmphf, noooooo I don't have the love shack & doesn't look I ever WILL have it - I started the game too late to be in the elite group that got that building.
Darn.
Ok, thanks for the fast response. :)

savage_mel
03-05-14, 03:40 AM
I have enough mithril to complete one of these for now. The other will have to wait. Which one should I do first?

ciarjen
03-05-14, 03:42 AM

You need to have the quest in your book to find the wing/horn and the love shack to craft it - from last year's Valentine version. Otherwise it is a gem only purchase.

MiniLaura
03-05-14, 08:24 AM
I have enough mithril to complete one of these for now. The other will have to wait. Which one should I do first?

I think you should go for the Glimmergate and work until you get Greselda. For now having Greselda opens more goals and things.

pixieblob
03-05-14, 09:25 AM
I'm at the same stage and have gone for Glimmergate as I can't move on otherwise. Hopefully by the time I catch up to the new quests that require a fully upgraded respite I'll have collected enough mithril. I'm at the stage where I can place the respite but i need the architects paste it requires for other things at the moment so am leaving it unbuilt for a while.

sabrinashal
03-05-14, 02:54 PM
guys i am almost done ....

check it out -> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

Main Storyline goals in one big clean list with links to threads and pic of every goal!!!

i realy hope you guys will like it

it took me a lot of time to find and re-upload those images in the right order!!!

oledoeeyes
03-10-14, 10:30 AM
Right now the only quests I have are thurstons thirst, cooking caravan, and am working on allergic to light. Question 1-do you need Griselda's castle to get the maze? Question 2- do you need the castle or maze to get the blythewood sapling?

kooky panda
03-10-14, 11:01 AM
Right now the only quests I have are thurstons thirst, cooking caravan, and am working on allergic to light. Question 1-do you need Griselda's castle to get the maze? Question 2- do you need the castle or maze to get the blythewood sapling?
Yes you need Griselda walking around your Kingdom and her castle before you get the Maze and Sapling quests.

oledoeeyes
03-10-14, 12:09 PM
Thank you so much for answering quickly. This has been driving me crazy. I thought maybe the update had a glitch in it for me. Nice to know I am on the right path.

centralgirl2010
03-11-14, 07:30 AM
How do you unlock the potion shop? I'm on level 10 and one of my goals says to build a marketplace but I can't get the simple glues that I need to complete it because the potion shop is still locked by goals.

Melany77
03-11-14, 10:31 AM
You have to expand to Ivy, the "tree girl", and unlock her. Then the potion shop will be unlocked.
Check these threads:
expansion map (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide) and Ivy (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481846&viewfull=1#post481846)

evolut
03-13-14, 04:37 AM
Hi! Got quite a huge amount of goals, guess which ones to go for in the first place...
market request: eggs (is obviously the urgent one, then)
growing home
the nature caravan (I need living wood, so should I first go for)
wood or wood not
high steaks (I am on maximum with milk, I guess this one is to forget for a while)
sir pigglesworth (no even 1 golden element in my inventory, should I wait or should I just buy pigs for)
the grand market
hatching plans
a stable element
the royal exchange
castle story (planted several flowers to find purple petals, yet I do not see these anywhere)
a good day to dye
magnifying matrix
advanced construction
resource upgrades
royal upgrades
hmmm, I guess the clever idea is to upgrade resource mills n mines before I go for buildings... Any other clever suggestions welcome :))

awhyswoman
03-14-14, 06:28 AM
Seems like neighbors can be a great help but I do not really know anyone playing? A few neighbors would be greatly appreciated! ����☀️��

Seriously700
03-17-14, 02:40 PM
Hi! Got quite a huge amount of goals, guess which ones to go for in the first place...
market request: eggs (is obviously the urgent one, then)
growing home
the nature caravan (I need living wood, so should I first go for)
wood or wood not
high steaks (I am on maximum with milk, I guess this one is to forget for a while)
sir pigglesworth (no even 1 golden element in my inventory, should I wait or should I just buy pigs for)
the grand market
hatching plans
a stable element
the royal exchange
castle story (planted several flowers to find purple petals, yet I do not see these anywhere)
a good day to dye
magnifying matrix
advanced construction
resource upgrades
royal upgrades
hmmm, I guess the clever idea is to upgrade resource mills n mines before I go for buildings... Any other clever suggestions welcome :))

I would recommend new resource buildings over upgrades, in most cases. It's nice to have the shorter collection times on mines n mills (12 minutes per level upgraded), but it's only noticeable if you collect frequently throughout the day. I did my upgrades gradually over time as I accumulated the materials.

The Royal Exchange and building your castle would be my recommendation for your next priorities. The exchange opens up many opportunities - you can even start trading that extra milk. You can send knights on adventures from your castle, but you will also need a kitchen for that. The knights bring back supplies and gifts. And if you only have 1 mill, a second one will help. You are entering a very busy building phase. Maybe a 2nd mine too. And of course you might need to expand to create room for all these buildings!

the hatchery and stable will come in handy once you have the royal exchange, but they can wait for now.

Give Sir Pigglesworth some time, although it really helps if you can splurge on an apple tree in hopes of getting a golden apple. This goal can easily take weeks.

Purple petals come from the rocket larkspur plant.

The magnifying matrix materials will come from you doing all your usual activities.

Caravans can take a while -- and they only get harder! You can work on it a little at a time.

Hope this helps.

Anaboe
03-17-14, 04:46 PM
I have this goal "traverse the dessert Sands" but in my castle it is Locked. How do I unlock it?

maguar
03-17-14, 05:07 PM
I have this goal "traverse the dessert Sands" but in my castle it is Locked. How do I unlock it?

If you go to this post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=613758&viewfull=1#post613758) it has the different goals you need to do

Anaboe
03-17-14, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry, I don't recognise any of the goals named in that post. I don't have Sabrina, so I don't see how your referal to that post is an answer to my question? I just want to know how to unlock the adventure :)

maguar
03-17-14, 11:13 PM
You'll need to expand to Sabina and do her associated quests to unlock that adventure.

I think you have your current goal from the barracks quest line.

Anaboe
03-18-14, 05:55 AM
Ah, thnx :)

Don't wanna expand to Sabrina yet, want to do some other quests first. Ah well, it's good this way :)

boxesj
03-18-14, 01:35 PM
I am trying to help a neighbour, but I can't remember myself as it's long time ago. He is doing the expansion for troll king lair. Anybody remembers where that Wield the lengendary Sword coming from? He said it's not in the magic forge. Thanks

I found this, is this right thread to go?

. FORGE the Legendary Sword Excalibam (you cannot defeat the Troll King without it)
(will have to do goal Secrets of Mithril before you can forge Excalibam)

maguar
03-18-14, 02:11 PM
Hey boxesj your neighbour will have to do the Thurston quests (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40538-The-legendary-sword-Excalibam) to unlock excalibam

boxesj
03-18-14, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Maguar. I have also told him to come on our forum which is very helpful always...

evolut
03-19-14, 09:39 AM
I would recommend new resource buildings over upgrades, in most cases. It's nice to have the shorter collection times on mines n mills (12 minutes per level upgraded), but it's only noticeable if you collect frequently throughout the day. I did my upgrades gradually over time as I accumulated the materials.

The Royal Exchange and building your castle would be my recommendation for your next priorities. The exchange opens up many opportunities - you can even start trading that extra milk. You can send knights on adventures from your castle, but you will also need a kitchen for that. The knights bring back supplies and gifts. And if you only have 1 mill, a second one will help. You are entering a very busy building phase. Maybe a 2nd mine too. And of course you might need to expand to create room for all these buildings!

the hatchery and stable will come in handy once you have the royal exchange, but they can wait for now.

Give Sir Pigglesworth some time, although it really helps if you can splurge on an apple tree in hopes of getting a golden apple. This goal can easily take weeks.

Purple petals come from the rocket larkspur plant.

The magnifying matrix materials will come from you doing all your usual activities.

Caravans can take a while -- and they only get harder! You can work on it a little at a time.

Hope this helps.

Ooops :) I did things absolutely differently since I posted my questions a couple of days ago :) Thank you for your reply, I'll go for the Royal Exchange next then.
Actually I did a couple of market requests and since I found the list of those on the forum I started with Hatching plans and A stable element (this one not finished yet). Also thinking about another well I could craft.
I also followed my idea on upgrades as I did not realize they only gave me 12 minutes time cuts, so these were Wood or wood not and Resource upgrades, that also cleared Advanced construction.
I am also done with Growing home (not entirely builded Ivy's house thou), The nature caravan, A good day to dye and Magnifying matrix.
And I also have 3 rainbow pots :)

vmktrooper
03-19-14, 10:48 AM
Hello

This is my first post, I'm excited that there are so many helpful people as well as post.
I need some guidance on what I should be working on next. Here is my level and current objectives. Any input would be very helpful.

Level 27

Objectives:
1. Trials and tributes
2. A monument to greatness
3. How can you be so heartless

Do # 2 and 3 have to be completed to move on.

Dabag
03-20-14, 05:40 PM
hi vmktrooper

2. A monument to greatness Thread: Update 8-1-2013 Breakfast of Champions (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56488-Update-8-1-2013-Breakfast-of-Champions&)
3. How can you be so heartless Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/16/2014 Pet Skunkupine
(http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64259-Castle-Story-Update-01-16-2014-Pet-Skunkupine&)
are both optional goals that will remain on your Kingdom Goals Listing until your ready for them. no hurry.

Here are 2 Links I find very helpful

Thread: Castle Story: Game Guide (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide&)

and

Thread: Castle Story Versions & Weekly Updates List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916-Castle-Story-Versions-amp-Weekly-Updates-List&)
This also features a Main Storyline Outline with links that is also excellent overview for new players.

vmktrooper
03-21-14, 05:06 AM
Thanks dabag, I appreciate the advice.

bbyboop
03-23-14, 01:53 PM
besides buying an apple tree from the market how do I get one...thx

meme1098
03-23-14, 02:25 PM
I had 1 drop from an adventure but can't remember which one it was.

maguar
03-23-14, 02:25 PM
Sometimes you can get an apple as a reward from an adventure

awhyswoman
03-23-14, 04:06 PM
Is there a way to attract skunkupines? Thanks

kooky panda
03-23-14, 04:10 PM
Is there a way to attract skunkupines? Thanks
I always get them when I harvest wheat. (sometimes too many- LOL)

noodleland
03-26-14, 08:25 PM
How do I get the Lapis Lazuli trinket??? What about the sparkle fortune??? HELP!!!

ekgeezy
03-28-14, 01:44 PM
Hello! I am on level 31

The current goals i have are:

1. Trails and Tributes

2. The Glimmergate

3. No longer a fairy tale

4. humans just dont understand

5. how clean is your library

For the clean library goal, I understand that higher level libraries have a higher drop rate. When my library was at level four I got two books in two days. When i upgraded it to level 5 i have yet to receive any books. Do i need to purchase a another library for this goal?

I would like advice on which goal i should focus more on, should i begin to pursue the glimmergate goal or finish the in progress goals now?

Please and thank you for your help!

belbar22
03-28-14, 02:02 PM
Hello! I am on level 31

1. Trails and Tributes

2. The Glimmergate

For the clean library goal, I understand that higher level libraries have a higher drop rate. When my library was at level four I got two books in two days. When i upgraded it to level 5 i have yet to receive any books. Do i need to purchase a another library for this goal?

I would like advice on which goal i should focus more on, should i begin to pursue the glimmergate goal or finish the in progress goals now?

No. I only had 1 library. They took ages to come. I just ignored it and they all came eventually. Think it took about 3-4 weeks.

Seriously700
03-31-14, 08:43 AM
Hello! I am on level 31

1. Trails and Tributes

2. The Glimmergate

I am in a very similar place. I have the same goals 1, 3 and 5. I am a couple of steps ahead of you on goals 2 and 4. Plus, I took a break from ugrading the jousting arena to use my sap elsewhere, and have avoided starting the pet skunkupine goal and the golden obelisk quest because I don't have anywhere near enough coins. Then of course there's always buildings to upgrade, trades to be done, preparing for knights adventures, expansions for space, etc. There's a lot going on!

What I'm finding is that many of these goals are very long term, with a lot of time waiting for rare drops. So I am actively pursuing goals 2 thru 5 at once. I'm stuck on the glimmergate goal, waiting for more mysterious venom. Looks like the library drops will take weeks to complete and eventually we will face the dreaded scarcity of burning ember. I only have enough boar tusks for 1 adventure so I could be stuck in that story line for weeks if my 1st adventure isn't very generous with pelts. I'm hoping to finish the faerie respite today - it is quite beautiful but has been an enormous resource drain! I don't specifically do anything but my normal activities for Trials and Tributes.

Other than waiting for rare drops, and trying to accumulate a million coin for pepe and the obelisk, my biggest challenges are the constant demand for sap, wood and silver. Deciding how to allocate those supplies is tough. Right now I have enough builders paste to upgrade the jousting arena and the wizard school, but I'm saving them to make the magic cement needed for when I can move on to glimmergate part 2. If I had postponed building the respite, I guess I would have had the supplies to upgrade those buildings and more, but I'm happy I went with the respite.

Good luck with your decisions.

gjatt
04-01-14, 01:26 PM
Hello all, I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

I had the goal to brew 5 mythic essences called "Can't fool the ladies" and I had finished brewing 4 (it took a long time). I also had the goal to upgrade Greselda's dark garden which requires 5 mythic essences.

Today I finished brewing the 5th mythic essence, and I ending up completing the upgrading goal. However, the "Can't fool the ladies goal," which previously said 4/5 done went to 0/5 done." Is this some sort of a glitch? Shouldn't I have completed both the goals at the same time?? The goal doesn't say to "load 5 essences" but simply to "brew 5 essences" and I did brew 5.

PikaSquirrel
04-01-14, 01:35 PM
It sounds like you crafted the last Mythic Essence and gave it away to upgrade Greselda's Garden before it triggered the Goal "Can't Fool the Ladies". Next time after you complete a task, give it a few seconds also open the Goal to make sure it registers as complete first and then you can give away those items required for that task. Unfortunately, you will need to craft these items again to complete this Goal.

CMrJay
04-02-14, 07:49 AM
Can someone tell me where the thread went for "Blythwood Sapling part 2" ??? only part 3 is listed on the main page now.

tigarlilyvol
04-02-14, 08:49 AM
Can someone tell me where the thread went for "Blythwood Sapling part 2" ??? only part 3 is listed on the main page now.

Look on page 3

kooky panda
04-02-14, 10:05 AM
It has been moved to the Castle Game Guides forum.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65920-Castle-Story-02-27-2014-Update-The-Blythewood-Sapling-Part-2&p=858034&viewfull=1#post858034

gjatt
04-02-14, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Not sure if this was already asked somewhere here, but do we have to buy Greselda's fountain for 120 gems in order to progress? Or is it optional?

Thank-you.

PikaSquirrel
04-02-14, 11:38 PM
This is optional, you don't need to purchase this item to progress.

More info here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65360-Castle-Story-02-13-2014-Update-Greselda-s-Beautiful-Dark-Garden&highlight=greselda%27s+garden

carebear8724
04-06-14, 01:44 PM
Hey I'm on level 29 and I am not sure what I should use my magic fruit for?? A kings apatite or Ivys experiment? I had accidentally spent my magic fruit on 1 energy trade and another quest that I can't remember. I have 8 fruit right now and I was just wondering should I go ahead and spend them to finish up the kings apatite goal or hold of for ANOTHER 12 days for the Ivys experiment. Is there any other way to get magic fruit? It feels like I have been waiting forever and if I trigger another goal line with magic fruit I may just loose my mind!

forkyfork99
04-07-14, 08:02 PM
Hello. I have 10 truffles I can either give to complete my "Necessary Truffness" quest OR I can give them for the "Missing Locket" quest. Which do you recommend? Thanks.

tutshe
04-07-14, 08:49 PM
Hey I'm on level 29 and I am not sure what I should use my magic fruit for?? A kings apatite or Ivys experiment? I had accidentally spent my magic fruit on 1 energy trade and another quest that I can't remember. I have 8 fruit right now and I was just wondering should I go ahead and spend them to finish up the kings apatite goal or hold of for ANOTHER 12 days for the Ivys experiment. Is there any other way to get magic fruit? It feels like I have been waiting forever and if I trigger another goal line with magic fruit I may just loose my mind!

I'd go with ivy. You'll get the nice purple cow. The other quest line opens the fruit trade, much less attractive. Never used actually.

maguar
04-08-14, 03:17 AM
Hello. I have 10 truffles I can either give to complete my "Necessary Truffness" quest OR I can give them for the "Missing Locket" quest. Which do you recommend? Thanks.

The necessary truffle is part of a quest,one that will give you an exchange in your kitchen (trade truffles and prime cuts for random items). The locket quest line hasn't been finished yet but they've hinted that it will go further in the future.

If you don't have a heap of pigs to get the truffles you should try the bandit adventure as it can drop truffles and prime cuts.

roguebee
04-08-14, 04:58 AM
I've had my knights return a couple of stolen pigs when hunting bandits. (Not that they were stolen from me.)

carebear8724
04-08-14, 10:13 AM
I'd go with ivy. You'll get the nice purple cow. The other quest line opens the fruit trade, much less attractive. Never used actually.

Thanks tutshe for the advice you are a castle story life saver. ;) lol

forkyfork99
04-08-14, 11:15 AM
The necessary truffle is part of a quest,one that will give you an exchange in your kitchen (trade truffles and prime cuts for random items). The locket quest line hasn't been finished yet but they've hinted that it will go further in the future.

If you don't have a heap of pigs to get the truffles you should try the bandit adventure as it can drop truffles and prime cuts.

Thank you! I only do the bandit quest occasionally because I like to save my iron for fancy blocks (although I'm maxed out on jewels). I know I can do the iron rock but I try not to do that too often.

8hat
04-08-14, 12:08 PM
Hi. I’m level 32 with 2982 royal points. I think I am getting a handle on what coming next in the story but I couldn’t resist asking a couple of questions. So, I have cut Sabina’s hair and we got into a few conversations about where she’s going to live, then there was one about Ivy being mean to Fairies and then we were back to how she knows all about building royal buildings so I am on Strictly Ornamental & also Ivy’s Compromise.
1. Ivy’s Compromise leads to the Fairie Respite? (Please say yes!)
I have expanded roughly 30 times since game start including character/item blocks: Ivy, Tablet, Garden, Thurston, Troll King & Sabina (I counted the blocks on an expansion map someone posted). The cheapest expansions available to me are 145K coin/11 Wisp Lantern, 90K coin/11 WL, 95K coin/12 WL, and 100K coin/12 WL
2. For Trials & Tributes Exploration Deed: what does it take to make Thurston happy? Is there a set number or just one day does he decide you've done enough when you open another?

Thanks in advance!

pixieblob
04-08-14, 12:45 PM
Yes Ivy's Compromise is part of the Faerie Repsite storyline http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63685-Castle-Story-Update-01-02-2014-Faeire-Respite

I have just got the Explorer badge after completing 36 expansions from the original area so you haven't got many more to do.

8hat
04-08-14, 01:17 PM
I have just got the Explorer badge after completing 36 expansions from the original area so you haven't got many more to do.

Oh, good...I was hoping this wouldn't go on too much longer...I kind of do want to save the 500K for the pet skunkupine after.
Thanks!! :)

roguebee
04-08-14, 02:08 PM
I'm at 34 and my badge came 3, maybe 4 expansions ago.

Anaboe
04-09-14, 02:22 PM
I have this quest from the Fortune Teller "The Sparkle Fortune" and it tells me to look everywhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know how to solve this quest?

kooky panda
04-09-14, 02:29 PM
I have this quest from the Fortune Teller "The Sparkle Fortune" and it tells me to look everywhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know how to solve this quest?

This one?

Wisdom by the water: spark-takular fortune - Collect 10 mermaid scales. Has to be from pond and not wells

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller&p=720337&viewfull=1#post720337

Anaboe
04-09-14, 03:07 PM
No, I think it's the hidden Sparkle-quest, the second quest.

shambalaya
04-09-14, 06:52 PM
No, I think it's the hidden Sparkle-quest, the second quest.

Hidden sparkle of wealth and bounty: 5 gems from the Talinum Auranticm flower (plant that has three yellow flowers on it.)

Anaboe
04-10-14, 04:44 AM
Found it, thanks!

forkyfork99
04-10-14, 09:48 PM
On the Royal Defender part of Thurston's Quest, but I know upgrading the tavern will be the next goal. I don't have all my materials yet for the Balista or all my knights rallied yet as I'm working on it.

Since I know the tavern has to eventually be upgraded to level 4, is there any harm in starting the upgrade process now since I know it will take quite a few blocks?

claupu
04-11-14, 05:53 AM
On the Royal Defender part of Thurston's Quest, but I know upgrading the tavern will be the next goal. I don't have all my materials yet for the Balista or all my knights rallied yet as I'm working on it.

Since I know the tavern has to eventually be upgraded to level 4, is there any harm in starting the upgrade process now since I know it will take quite a few blocks?

I don't know about the tavern, but I upgraded my jousting arena in advance and it didn't matter. Good luck with the ballista.

roguebee
04-11-14, 06:57 AM
If you have the time and material, upgrade now rather than wait. It doesn't hurt. Remember one motto of this game is hurry up and wait...

forkyfork99
04-12-14, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys. Actually the goal popped up before I finished my Ballista so it all worked out. Weird because I thought one couldn't come until the other was finished. Oh well, not complaining!

forkyfork99
04-13-14, 03:26 PM
Hey guys. Just completed constructing Thurston's Fort. I was expecting the "Forging Excalibam" and/or " Secrets of Methril" quest pop up. Instead I got a couple of skunkupine quests (One Year Anniversary and Friendly Skunkupine). That's not what's supposed to happen according to the goal thread.

Do I have to collect from the fort to trigger the next quest? Or do I have to do something else? Thanks.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-13-14, 05:50 PM
Hey guys. Just completed constructing Thurston's Fort. I was expecting the "Forging Excalibam" and/or " Secrets of Methril" quest pop up. Instead I got a couple of skunkupine quests (One Year Anniversary and Friendly Skunkupine). That's not what's supposed to happen according to the goal thread.

Do I have to collect from the fort to trigger the next quest? Or do I have to do something else? Thanks.

Yeah, at your stage, you get multiple things popping up & going at the same time... The part of the pet skunkupine that asks for $500k is *still* in my book lol
...can't recall specifically what initiated the part for excalibam to pop up ..either a collection from the fort or the tavern, I think.

LadyLolepere
04-14-14, 04:53 AM
Where did you get an apothecary?

forkyfork99
04-14-14, 08:33 AM
Level 22 almost 23 here.

I have a lot of quests going on at the moment:
- Designing the Potion (waiting for a few more friends to send Plant Essence)
- Secrets of Mithril (kinghts are currently on their first dark caves quest and hopefully will come back with mithril)
- Tavern Etiquette (to eventually build Jousting Arena)

By my calculations, I will get Mithril tomrorow when my adventure is done, and have the Excalibum crafted by the following day. I want to expand to the troll king so I can slay him, however I am currently short $ and RP. I need 1800 and only have about 1500. I have 14 royal buildings already (4 libraries, chateau (lvl 1), 4 watchtowers, 3 spires, and a jeweler). I was thinking of building a conservatory, upgrading the chateau, and maybe building another spire. I know there are buildings that give more RP but they also cost more in $ and building supplies.

The other option is I could hold off on the troll quest for the moment and focus on the magic garden and/or jousting arena. I understand the jousting arena is optional, though. and I do not think the magic garden gives me any RP when collected from, correct?

What do you suggest I focus on? Thanks.

maguar
04-14-14, 02:31 PM
The magic garden does give royal points when you unlock it. It's more than the tablet gives but not as much as the troll pit. Sorry I can't remember the exact amount and I can't store it to check.

Jousting arena is nice in that at higher upgrade levels it gives you a chance of getting armour and swords when you collect from it.

forkyfork99
04-15-14, 08:21 AM
The magic garden does give royal points when you unlock it. It's more than the tablet gives but not as much as the troll pit. Sorry I can't remember the exact amount and I can't store it to check.

Jousting arena is nice in that at higher upgrade levels it gives you a chance of getting armour and swords when you collect from it.

Looks like it gives 330 RP (thanks Northwoods!), so I won't have to build anything else if unlock that. So I'm going to hold off on building any more Royal buildings for now.

I was contemplating either building a windmill next or continuing building the jousting arena. I understand it gives nicer stuff at higher levels, but what about at just level 1? does it drop anything besides money?

Or is there another building I should concentrate on next?

Seriously700
04-15-14, 09:52 AM
Looks like it gives 330 RP (thanks Northwoods!), so I won't have to build anything else if unlock that. So I'm going to hold off on building any more Royal buildings for now.

I was contemplating either building a windmill next or continuing building the jousting arena. I understand it gives nicer stuff at higher levels, but what about at just level 1? does it drop anything besides money?

Or is there another building I should concentrate on next?

I didn't upgrade my jousting arena for several weeks and I did receive drops of armour and longswords at level 1.

Do you have the purple cow yet? The jousting arena requires lots of purple dye to build, which the purple cow drops, so I would wait to have the purple cow first.

Even if you can't afford other royal buildings yet, you will need them for future quests so you can start stockpiling the materials needed, along with wisp lanterns. Then as you can afford them, you can quickly expand and build them. The theater is only 2x2 so that might be a good one to start with. Keep in mind those higher level royal buildings generate a fair amount of coins.

I decided to hold off on the windmill till after I had built all the main royal buildings because I didn't feel I could spare 3 builders paste, but that's a personal choice based on my resource availability.

Good luck!

forkyfork99
04-15-14, 10:30 AM
I didn't upgrade my jousting arena for several weeks and I did receive drops of armour and longswords at level 1.

Do you have the purple cow yet? The jousting arena requires lots of purple dye to build, which the purple cow drops, so I would wait to have the purple cow first.

Even if you can't afford other royal buildings yet, you will need them for future quests so you can start stockpiling the materials needed, along with wisp lanterns. Then as you can afford them, you can quickly expand and build them. The theater is only 2x2 so that might be a good one to start with. Keep in mind those higher level royal buildings generate a fair amount of coins.

I decided to hold off on the windmill till after I had built all the main royal buildings because I didn't feel I could spare 3 builders paste, but that's a personal choice based on my resource availability.

Good luck!

This was super helpful!

I actually have a bunch of purple petals because I bought the hedge and have been slowly collecting from it. So I've been crafting purple dye when I can in prep for the jousting arena.

The only bummer about the jousting arena is that it costs 50k. I'm trying to save up the 135k I need to expand to the troll king (I'm close- about 115k). So I might do the troll king first and then save up the $ for jousting. I know the troll takes 99 energy so that'll be a while after I expand.

I might look at building a theater after that since it's small. And I know what you mean about builder's paste. I got one from the dark cave adventures today and I was so excited thinking about all the sap and wood I didn't have to use!!

maguar
04-15-14, 02:28 PM
Windmills might have a large resource outlay but they're coin cheap and give a good return. I think it takes about 4 collections and then you're in the profit. So if you have the resources they can be a quick way to boost your income.

With the royal buildings don't bother with an observatory as I don't remember it being used for a quest. All the other coins ones do get used at some point.

dragon2046
04-15-14, 04:50 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum to ask this but since the last update my castle story game drops Internet when I try to visit neighbors and sometimes is just hard to connect to the game. I do not have problems with Internet connection with any other game just this one. Is anyone else having this problem?

meme1098
04-15-14, 04:55 PM
What device are you using? Is it up to date? Force close any apps in the background. Hope you get it back working soon.

dragon2046
04-15-14, 05:01 PM
What device are you using? Is it up to date? Force close any apps in the background. Hope you get it back working soon.

iPhone. It's up to date. Will try foreclosing. Thanks

forkyfork99
04-15-14, 06:20 PM
Windmills might have a large resource outlay but they're coin cheap and give a good return. I think it takes about 4 collections and then you're in the profit. So if you have the resources they can be a quick way to boost your income.

With the royal buildings don't bother with an observatory as I don't remember it being used for a quest. All the other coins ones do get used at some point.

Thanks! I wish the windmills didn't use builder's paste since those are so precious.

I will build a windmill eventually. But since the drop rate for flour is small and they don't over any RP I'll go for other buildings instead.

meggilizz
04-16-14, 09:11 AM
Happy Humpday everyone!!

Here's a question--should I update my resources before going on to get the Troll Pit or the lady with the hair (geez I can't remember her name!)

I'm on Level 27--I have the Jousting Arena (lvl 1), the Windmill, one wizard school, the theatre, the greenhouse...my Deep Mine is still at level 1, my two sparkling mines are at level 3 & 4, my two sawmills are at level 3. I have reached level 5 on my Library, Marketplace, two farmhouses and two cottages. I also have 5 glimmerdust troves (all drops from the Leprechaun Pots or Knight adventures!) and two maple trees. :) I did buy a Mermaid pond when it came out, couldn't help myself! (thank you for extra gems from playing other games! haha)

I'm thinking I should try and build up my stone & wood amounts, update the mines & sawmills to Lvl 5, maybe then I'll have enough coin saved up to expand to the Troll Pit!!! Upgrading some of those resources are so expensive!!!!! Does that sound like a good plan? To upgrade my buildings & stockpile my 'important' resources?

MiniLaura
04-17-14, 12:51 PM
Happy Humpday everyone!!

Here's a question--should I update my resources before going on to get the Troll Pit or the lady with the hair (geez I can't remember her name!)

I'm thinking I should try and build up my stone & wood amounts, update the mines & sawmills to Lvl 5, maybe then I'll have enough coin saved up to expand to the Troll Pit!!! Upgrading some of those resources are so expensive!!!!! Does that sound like a good plan? To upgrade my buildings & stockpile my 'important' resources?

Everyone plays a little differently, so you might get different answers for this!

For me, upgrading buildings is not very important. I pretty much don't upgrade buildings unless I need to (For example, when we have a quest that says you have to collect X item from a level Y whatever-building.) Though every now and then I will go around upgrading royal buildings to get a few more points. If I were you, I'd go for expansions first. (I think Sabina gives you more storyline, so you may want to head for her before the troll pit. I'm assuming you already have Thurston.)

forkyfork99
04-17-14, 02:55 PM
Happy Humpday everyone!!

I'm on Level 27--I have the Jousting Arena (lvl 1), the Windmill, one wizard school, the theatre, the greenhouse...my Deep Mine is still at level 1, my two sparkling mines are at level 3 & 4, my two sawmills are at level 3. I have reached level 5 on my Library, Marketplace, two farmhouses and two cottages. I also have 5 glimmerdust troves (all drops from the Leprechaun Pots or Knight adventures!) and two maple trees. :) I did buy a Mermaid pond when it came out, couldn't help myself! (thank you for extra gems from playing other games! haha)

You need a lot more RP to get to Sabina than the troll pit. Do you have 2900 RP? If not, I'd go for the troll pit first since it gives 450 RP once you complete the troll king.

tutshe
04-18-14, 05:54 AM
And now with the troll updates, I'm not sure you'll get less goals than Sabina.

forkyfork99
04-21-14, 02:42 PM
Speaking of trolls, I'm just about to build my swampy pit. Per another member's recommendations, I've stocked up on boar tusks (almost maxed out) and I've got 6 feral magic.

I'm also in the process of expanding to Sabina, but that's going to take a while. I'm working on the materials or cathedral for 200+ more RP, and then I've got to save up the 135k to get the square. Is there anything I need Sabina for the troll quest, or can I put her on the back burner for now?

Anything else I should do before I put the swampy pond in?

MiniLaura
04-22-14, 07:53 AM
So far we haven't needed Sabina for the troll quest line. Since you have a bunch of tusks and some feral magic, I'd say get on with the troll line--finish up part three and get ready for part four!

meggilizz
04-23-14, 10:12 AM
I have just about 2100 RP right now. Thank you for your ideas! I have that expansion square all set up (Excalibam has been forged, 15 wisp lanterns are already allocated for that square) I just have to save up my coins!!! I spent all my coins upgrading my sawmills to level 4. I'll keep crafting my royal beams & blocks to have on hand, whenever I'm ready to upgrade my buildings. :D Thanks again Minilaura, Tutshe & Forkyfork :D

Seriously700
05-05-14, 03:44 PM
I have recently finished Greselda's castle and have started the Adamant Alchemy and Lady Greselda goals. I am also on Part 5 of the trolls, waiting for more wool to do the 2nd upgrade of the troll castle.

From what I can tell, once I complete Lady Greselda I get the Dark Garden quest. And once I'm all or part way thru Adamant Alchemy I can start the Blythewood Sapling.

These quests seem to have significant and competing resource requirements - particularly for living wood, silver, sap, wood, manticore whiskers, dragon scales, mithril, and others.

Should I put off Lady Greselda and/or the Dark Garden, and focus instead on Adamant and Blythewood? Should I put off completing part 5 of the troll arc? Should I proceed with all, and just be patient when my progress stalls due to lack of resources?

Right now, I think my biggest stumbling block will be the magic cement needed to upgrade my level 2 deep mine to level 5. Are there any knights adventures that drop magic cement, architects paste or builders paste?

Thanks in advance

forkyfork99
05-05-14, 04:08 PM
I have recently finished Greselda's castle and have started the Adamant Alchemy and Lady Greselda goals. I am also on Part 5 of the trolls, waiting for more wool to do the 2nd upgrade of the troll castle.

From what I can tell, once I complete Lady Greselda I get the Dark Garden quest. And once I'm all or part way thru Adamant Alchemy I can start the Blythewood Sapling.

These quests seem to have significant and competing resource requirements - particularly for living wood, silver, sap, wood, manticore whiskers, dragon scales, mithril, and others.

Should I put off Lady Greselda and/or the Dark Garden, and focus instead on Adamant and Blythewood? Should I put off completing part 5 of the troll arc? Should I proceed with all, and just be patient when my progress stalls due to lack of resources?

Right now, I think my biggest stumbling block will be the magic cement needed to upgrade my level 2 deep mine to level 5. Are there any knights adventures that drop magic cement, architects paste or builders paste?

Thanks in advance

I can confirm the Dark Caves adventure usually gives a builder's paste (3 out of 4 times).

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-06-14, 05:46 AM

Thanks in advance

I've gotten architect's paste from desert sands. :)

55lee55
05-06-14, 10:22 AM
I have found both from the sources mentioned but don't recall ever getting the Magic Cement as a drop or back from a quest. It might end up being something you need to bite the bullet and spend time and resources crafting. I crafted it but depending on your gem situation it can be bought and at times when there is much pressure on crafting resources I admit to buying my way out of very expensive to produce items, especially if only one more is needed. Usually there are better uses for gems, but I buy them on sale. This would probably not be a good use for those who depend on earning and finding gems, but it has worked for me in the past. Now that my building are built I can easily afford to spend the resources which were so scarce when I was building. Sort of the way things work in real life. You work hard all your life to pay everything off, but by the time you have extra money saved up to buy the big house you wanted forty years ago the family has moved away and and the house that would have been a blessing then would be too big now that you can afford it. We are very fortunate that our rulers don't get sick or injured and we don't need to build a hospital! I can imagine we would have to spend a lot of Magic Cement on a building that would put broken characters back together...Nope, don't want that!

maguar
05-06-14, 02:56 PM
I can confirm that magic cement can drop from the desert sands adventure (not always though)

doobievilla
05-06-14, 04:37 PM
Time is the key and awareness.. i have used Builders Paste to build Architects Paste then realizing.. ohh i needed the Builders paste for another goal/building.. i try not to get ahead of myself anymore.. its tough i take quick notes and send myself timed emails notifying me of everything that Queenzod has posted. Then I work on making stuff I need and attempting to use the resource Pac Man.. the Resource PAC MAN is pretty simple.. if you use this it will eat that.. so when you plan out getting past a upgrade or a new shiny goal Castle/Resource.. always remember the basic resources are important.. Collect the basics like you collect Food to eat and live

forkyfork99
05-08-14, 08:30 AM
Anyone ever get builders paste from feral lands?

55lee55
05-08-14, 09:52 AM
Time is the key and awareness.. i have used Builders Paste to build Architects Paste then realizing.. ohh i needed the Builders paste for another goal/building.. i try not to get ahead of myself anymore.. its tough i take quick notes and send myself timed emails notifying me of everything that Queenzod has posted. Then I work on making stuff I need and attempting to use the resource Pac Man.. the Resource PAC MAN is pretty simple.. if you use this it will eat that.. so when you plan out getting past a upgrade or a new shiny goal Castle/Resource.. always remember the basic resources are important.. Collect the basics like you collect Food to eat and live

Great ideas! I have done the same thing when I had more than one building to build up and I would think one was done when I finished the last item, only to find myself short on things because I had used them to build up other things for a different building. I do something similar but less complicated and maybe less efficient, by keeping a piece of paper with notes jotted on it.

evolut
05-10-14, 02:41 AM
Hi! I got to level 25 and so many goals added up, I feel a little puzzled. Hope to hear your ideas on the priorities!
1 Menacing art
2 The Scrying game
both need red petals sooo rare I do not ever have enough
3 Trade tickets I expect to be done if I do
4 Royal proof gives a Royal chateau, it should give some royal points useful to expand (I only have 876), but require space and use up so many trade tickets i'll have to work long for a Tinker camp
Oh and I just checked in the guide, it says: You still have to buy The Royal Chateau & build it! 500 coins, hmmm...
5 find the Magic garden
6 a mysterious sneeze
7 a mysterious song
I only have enough points to expand to Thurston, I guess I should go this way.
8 Royal upgrades
9 the Grand market
10 the Builder's caravan
11 a Miner's inconvenience
all need a lot of building material. I am not sure why would I need a deep mine by now, it takes space, my workshops are busy all the time anyway...
12 Ivy's hot sauce Skunks, hello, where are you?
13 A New Game To Play Well, why would I do something that does not state any rewards?
14 Necessary Truffness
15 High Steaks
16 Missing Locket
all require the same resources, but the last one is the most intriguing :)
17 Sir Pigglesworth one day we'll meet...
18 Breakfast of Champions No oranges anywhere in the game yet.
19 Alluring cheese No cheese either.

Just writing them down gives an overwhelming feeling.

Dabag
05-10-14, 10:32 AM
As you already know, these goals will stay on your Kingdom Goal Listing until you get around to them. So these are just my opinions

Main Storyline by Sabrinashal - keeps you on track
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916-Castle-Story-Versions-amp-Weekly-Updates-List&

6 a mysterious sneeze -THURSTON
5 find the Magic garden
7 a mysterious song -PRINCESS SABINA
I only have enough points to expand to Thurston, I guess I should go this way.

(theaters RP 230 (2x2) are what I used to build up my royal points to expand)
-------------
3 Trade tickets I expect to be done if I do
Tinker camp will also clear this goal (yes, takes time - just keep collecting trade tickets- well worth it to help with building materials)
4 Royal proof (The Royal Chateau is required when you reach #4 of Glimmergate Part 1- it can wait till you start that chain )
------------------
12 Ivy's hot sauce Skunks, hello, where are you? RAT TAILS- To attract skunkupines, try harvesting several crops of corn, wheat, tomato, sugar cane or tending flowers.
(corn & flowers worked best for me)
13 A New Game To Play Well, why would I do something that does not state any rewards?
(I only play the games that interest me - sometimes the baron shows and asks me to collect from a building , then gives me 6-15 or30 gems)
------------------
No hurry - normal play will eventually give you what you need

14 Necessary Truffness BARON
15 High Steaks BARON
once the goals for prime cuts & truffles are completed> collect a Prime Cut then The Baron appears and is looking for more Truffles & Prime Cuts.
He will provide the recipe "Feed The Baron" to the Kitchen17 Sir Pigglesworth one day we'll meet... GOLDEN> APPLE, EGG, NUGGET
The apple tree is rare find from adventure, or magic garden (I bought one from the market for gems - I really, really wanted him for all the stuff he finds that I do not have to craft)
the orange & lemon I got from adventure
16 Missing Locket #4POOF & GONE - no hurry, but if your interested in the storyline you may like to read: Thread Dialogs Pg.3 Post #30
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68301-Dialogs&

Will stay on your listing until you get around to them - when you have the time, coin & resources

2 The Scrying game GLIMMERDUST TROVE - rewards you with 1 trove
Red petals: occasionally drops from Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns and Ivy's Hut. - I bought the Red Trillium for 35 gems -20 min. collection time
(the multi-color hedge at 40gems gives asst. colors including red)
11 a Miner's inconvenience-DEEP MINE-upgraded gives Mithril

8 Royal upgrades - library & tower
9 the Grand market - market place
1 Menacing art BARRACKS - no hurry:
10 the Builder's caravan - no hurry: Caravans use up resources

18 Breakfast of Champions No oranges anywhere in the game yet. BARONS BIRTHDAY-a lot of coin & resources for a decoration that does nothing but look pretty
19 Alluring cheese No cheese either. MONSTER TRAPS- traps cost 5 gems each
just make sure you only buy 1 trap>slay the skunkupine, then buy the next trap > slay the Fangbeast (cost of traps 10 gem reward 10 gem)

Hope this helps :-)

evolut
05-10-14, 12:32 PM
Thank you! This is such a quick and great answer! Send you big hugs from my land :)

linaq5
05-16-14, 09:34 AM
Hello! I am on level 35 with 3,363 Royal Points. i have a few goals i am working on but can't seem to get one going.

1. Thurston's Bravery: I need to Adventure to the Glimmergate but it does not appear as an adventure option in the Barracks. Knight's hall is still blocked by a Goal. What am i missing to get this going?

Thanks!

shambalaya
05-16-14, 09:42 AM
Hello! I am on level 35 with 3,363 Royal Points. i have a few goals i am working on but can't seem to get one going.

1. Thurston's Bravery: I need to Adventure to the Glimmergate but it does not appear as an adventure option in the Barracks. Knight's hall is still blocked by a Goal. What am i missing to get this going?

Thanks!

As far as I remember the glimmergate adventure is only available from the castle, not the barracks. The knights hall is a looong goal in which you have to get all the badges before it unlocks. You know, the explorers badge, nurturers badge, artisans badge etc.

linaq5
05-16-14, 09:49 AM
As far as I remember the glimmergate adventure is only available from the castle, not the barracks. The knights hall is a looong goal in which you have to get all the badges before it unlocks. You know, the explorers badge, nurturers badge, artisans badge etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the castle as an option, either in the shop or in my inventory, maybe an issue I need to bring up with IT? I only have to get the explores badge but I have a feeling I have to completely expand to get that one.

shambalaya
05-16-14, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have the castle as an option, either in the shop or in my inventory, maybe an issue I need to bring up with IT? I only have to get the explores badge but I have a feeling I have to completely expand to get that one.

By castle I meant the Queens Court or the Kings Keep :-)

linaq5
05-16-14, 10:45 AM
By castle I meant the Queens Court or the Kings Keep :-)

Thank you! You are awesome :)

dalexxx
05-17-14, 02:04 PM
Hi guys, where do i find the potion shop gossip to have the garden out?

Got the blywood at level one. Thanks

Dabag
05-17-14, 02:41 PM
Hi guys, where do i find the potion shop gossip to have the garden out?

Got the blywood at level one. Thanks

Well worth the effort to check out this thread

Main Storyline by Sabrinashal - keeps you on track
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916-Castle-Story-Versions-amp-Weekly-Updates-List&

all this information copied form the above thread

Lady Greselda - 31/10/2013
Requirements to start this quest:
- You need to complete Glimmergate (Part 3) quest (Lady Greselda walking on your game board)
Potion Shop Gossip goal #10

Greselda's Beautiful Dark Garden
Requirements to start this quest:
- You need to complete Lady Greselda quest (Potion Shop Gossip)

Friendly Pardon goal #1 (for the royal maze that turns into the dark garden as you upgrade)

If You Want to Be Happy goal #5 (build the greenhouse)

wiccapi
05-17-14, 07:58 PM
Thanks dabag. Im on the scarecrow part that i needed completed first. :: )

-dalexxx

Oliver118
05-18-14, 08:46 AM
What's more important-Thurston, The Tablet, The Magic Garden, Trials and Tribute or The Barracks?

oliverrr11
05-18-14, 10:50 AM
What's more important-Thurston, The Tablet, The Magic Garden, Trials and Tribute or The Barracks?

Hi other Oliver! Thurston and magic garden are essential to move on with the game. Then get the tablet. Trials and tribute will complete itself over time as you play on and the barracks is useful but not completely necessary to have. It's been a while for me but if I remember correctly I think I did tablet first, Thurston, then magic garden. But I think maybe Thurston, garden then tablet would be a better order, but not 100% sure.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 12:33 PM

I'm actually going to suggest going for the tablet first. My reason being that once you expand to it, it's gonna take some time to unlock it crafting all the potions and what not. During that prepping time, you could then work on expanding to Thurston.

Another reason to go for the tablet first is because it'll drop "knowledge shards" after you collect from it so many times. These knowledge shards are extremely helpful in the game and you want as many tries as possible to get them since they are very tough to get.

I'd get the Magic Garden last since once you expand to it, it'll upgrade your fruit trade in the exchange. You won't need the magic garden for anything yet.

Ignore the Barracks for now since there are better things to spend your gems on.

roguebee
05-19-14, 08:02 PM
I'm working on 2 quests where everything should fall into place and I'll need to visit Lady Greselda's Castle for both of them at the same time. Will 1 visit count for both quests?

kudukuda
05-19-14, 11:45 PM
I'm working on 2 quests where everything should fall into place and I'll need to visit Lady Greselda's Castle for both of them at the same time. Will 1 visit count for both quests?

I had that once with old thomas's house and one visit counted for both. Cool!

roguebee
05-20-14, 04:40 AM
I had that once with old thomas's house and one visit counted for both. Cool!

That's what I wanted to hear. I'll wait a few more hours then to get both quests lined up, rather than do one and wait a day to catch the other.

roguebee
05-20-14, 09:26 AM
Happy to report that the one visit counted in both quests.

Voodoo87
05-21-14, 05:16 PM
I am a level 35. I left for awhile due to iPad problems. Now I am lost. How do I get the lapis lazuli?

doobievilla
05-21-14, 05:19 PM
I am a level 35. I left for awhile due to iPad problems. Now I am lost. How do I get the lapis lazuli?

6. Deep Sea Exploring
* Go deep sea adventuring
*Deep Sea Adventure Materials Required: Potion of Gills x 1, Breaded Fish x 1, Coins x 1000 (4 Hours)
Rewards - $3100 and 10 xp

7. Lapis Lazuli Trinket
* Craft Lapis Lazuli Trinket in magic forge - 1 life tree trinket, 10 lapis lazuli (from deep sea adventure) - 30 mins

If i Remember it took 3 Adventures so go ahead and make up some extra Potion of Gills.

Here is full Blythewood Part 2 link
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65920

Voodoo87
05-21-14, 05:59 PM
6. Deep Sea Exploring
* Go deep sea adventuring
*Deep Sea Adventure Materials Required: Potion of Gills x 1, Breaded Fish x 1, Coins x 1000 (4 Hours)
Rewards - $3100 and 10 xp

7. Lapis Lazuli Trinket
* Craft Lapis Lazuli Trinket in magic forge - 1 life tree trinket, 10 lapis lazuli (from deep sea adventure) - 30 mins

If i Remember it took 3 Adventures so go ahead and make up some extra Potion of Gills.

Here is full Blythewood Part 2 link
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65920

how do I get the deep sea adventure?

doobievilla
05-21-14, 06:09 PM
how do I get the deep sea adventure?

Click the link its a goal a couple above.

tameko2
05-22-14, 07:26 PM
I'm on the "raw materials" step of the dragon quest -- should I do that first or should I work on the new quest line? None of hte other items are gonna be a problem for it I think ...other than the dragon scales, I had one that I used already.

I'm also stuck on the Night Glimmer Sword for that quest line, because I don't have a dragon yet.

maguar
05-22-14, 11:46 PM
I'm on the "raw materials" step of the dragon quest -- should I do that first or should I work on the new quest line? None of hte other items are gonna be a problem for it I think ...other than the dragon scales, I had one that I used already.

I'm also stuck on the Night Glimmer Sword for that quest line, because I don't have a dragon yet.

Work on the new pyre quests as the treasure troves and deep mines can drop the diamond you need for the dragon quest. You may want to buy the dragon armour for 5 gems to do the first adventure as the adventure can drop scales which will allow you to do more adventures.

Oliver118
05-24-14, 11:04 PM
I'm actually going to suggest going for the tablet first. My reason being that once you expand to it, it's gonna take some time to unlock it crafting all the potions and what not. During that prepping time, you could then work on expanding to Thurston.

Another reason to go for the tablet first is because it'll drop "knowledge shards" after you collect from it so many times. These knowledge shards are extremely helpful in the game and you want as many tries as possible to get them since they are very tough to get.

I'd get the Magic Garden last since once you expand to it, it'll upgrade your fruit trade in the exchange. You won't need the magic garden for anything yet.

Ignore the Barracks for now since there are better things to spend your gems on.

I've completed the Magic Garden, and for Thurston I'm on the Royal Defender quest (I don't know when I'll finish getting 29 beams:p) Just need the Tablet done now...Time to implement water rationing:)

Oliver118
05-24-14, 11:05 PM
I've completed the Magic Garden, and for Thurston I'm on the Royal Defender quest (I don't know when I'll finish getting 29 beams:p) Just need the Tablet done now...Time to implement water rationing:)

I meant 20 beams.

SpiritWind00
05-27-14, 02:25 PM
Moved to bug thread instead...

forkyfork99
06-06-14, 06:17 AM
I have these quests available:
Cracking the case (which I assume gives me a dragon egg to hatch)
Enchanted Minerals (first part of Glimmergate)
Symbol of Friendship (build and place faerie respite)

I'm thinking of building the respite first since I'm short on mithril for both quests (doing jeweler's trades as much as I can) but which should I focus on next since both need 10 mithril?

Thanks!

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-06-14, 06:55 AM
Forkyfork ~ you're in a tough spot!
*If you want to see a finished "product" sooner, go forward with building the faerie respite (there was a mention in the June sneak peek of the faeries returning, but I'm unsure what we need to have in place, in order to get that upcoming quest... It may be beyond where I am, having just planted the Blythewood sapling).
* If you want to continue moving forward to something in the main storyline which opens up even MORE things, then go with the glimmergate (cuz that line then opens up Greselda and her whole long, interesting quest line).

Wow, hard call...wish I could gift ya some mithril to help you continue with BOTH.
Might wanna start saving them gems for a mithril dragon as your next purchase lol.
Good luck! :)

spacesealion
06-10-14, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'm not sure if it's in the right place.... I am level 23 (should be 24 but the game glitched as I was levelling up and it put me back so I had to do level 22 again!). I have just slain the troll king and am working toward the swampy pond whilst waiting to level up to 25 so I can craft light armour to continue with the thurston chain.

Anyway I have just started the bit with the dire boars and completed the quest to **** 6 of them, my problem now is they keep coming all the time! I can literally only collect from a couple of things and another one comes, they also drain energy as I'm always 2 less after ****ing them whereas other monsters seem to replenish energy.

Is this a problem or is it normal and will they stop coming as I progress through the quest?

Castloninian
06-10-14, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'm not sure if it's in the right place.... I am level 23 (should be 24 but the game glitched as I was levelling up and it put me back so I had to do level 22 again!). I have just slain the troll king and am working toward the swampy pond whilst waiting to level up to 25 so I can craft light armour to continue with the thurston chain.

Anyway I have just started the bit with the dire boars and completed the quest to **** 6 of them, my problem now is they keep coming all the time! I can literally only collect from a couple of things and another one comes, they also drain energy as I'm always 2 less after ****ing them whereas other monsters seem to replenish energy.

Is this a problem or is it normal and will they stop coming as I progress through the quest?
It is normal and at some point they will become much rarer so it is worth stocking up on tusks and feral magic before you place the swampy pond. Lots of people had sped through the goals only to find the boars would disappear after placing the swampy pond and then got stuck trying to get needed tusks and magic. I know it is an energy drain but definitely worth it.

spacesealion
06-10-14, 12:58 PM
Brilliant thank you for the speedy reply :) I will put up with them for now then!

Castloninian
06-10-14, 01:15 PM
Brilliant thank you for the speedy reply :) I will put up with them for now then!

I think I put up with them until I had about 25 tusks and 5 feral magic and that was just about ok, could have done with a bit more.

claupu
06-10-14, 01:20 PM
If you are short on energy or have something important to collect you can spawn one of the boars in a corner of your kingdom and leave it there. Another one won't spawn as long as its there.

But I also suggest that you collect quite a few tusks and feral magic before you place the swamp.

Good luck.

spacesealion
06-10-14, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys, I have quite a few tusks now but it's going to take a while for me to craft the elixir in the greenhouse to move on as running low on red petal so I'll have plenty of chance to stock up on boar stuff! As you said I can leave one while I collect other stuff and come back to it later!

KingFlatus
06-10-14, 09:24 PM
Looking for a little advice here- thanks to the kindness of TL, I now have enough Gems to buy a new item for my kingdom. The question is: what? Currently I have the mermaid pond, mithril dragon, wizard school and royal manor. I don't really want any more livestock, and I have glimmerdust troves and apple/orange/lemon trees.

I'm thinking about getting either the living tree, the magic fruit tree or the fish market. I am reluctant to buy anything as I don't know what all I would be getting with each. I'd hate to use gems on something that will realistically only be useful to me for a short while. Anyone?

Queenzod
06-10-14, 09:30 PM
Looking for a little advice here- thanks to the kindness of TL, I now have enough Gems to buy a new item for my kingdom. The question is: what? Currently I have the mermaid pond, mithril dragon, wizard school and royal manor. I don't really want any more livestock, and I have glimmerdust troves and apple/orange/lemon trees.

I'm thinking about getting either the living tree, the magic fruit tree or the fish market. I am reluctant to buy anything as I don't know what all I would be getting with each. I'd hate to use gems on something that will realistically only be useful to me for a short while. Anyone?

I've found the living tree to be really helpful. It gives 1-3 every 4 hours. I've been able to really pull ahead on glue manufacturing since I got it. The fish market is not worth it. I can't comment on the magic fruit tree, but if you don't do the exchange your fruits will soon pile up, so I'm not sure that it's worth it either.

Saigon8
06-10-14, 09:56 PM
Gotta agree with Queenzod on the fish market, totally not worth it imo. If you can wait it out, I found the barracks to be extremely helpful, especially when it comes to timed quests.

Castloninian
06-10-14, 10:34 PM

If you can afford it, I would first go for a second wizard school, those bursts of energy are amazing. Fish market is not necessary if you collect water regularly anyway. I am maxed on the special fish without a fish market. Not sure about the magic fruit tree, unless there is a good reason to start using them, like needed for a goal or something, then you can max out on them naturally. Maybe way above your budget but I find the barracks very useful during timed quests.

claupu
06-10-14, 10:36 PM
If you don't already have it, I'd suggest a second Wizard School.

As Queenzod said the Living Tree is very helpful (I have two) and I wouldn't mind having a second Harvest Pergola. Sometimes it gives you only Water or Eggs, but more often you get Flour, Sugar and other food items (even feasts).

Don't buy the Fish Market. That's the only gem building I have stored as I'm always maxed on Fish.

Oliver118
06-10-14, 11:06 PM
OK, I built Thurston's Fort and I got two quests-the beginning of the One Year Anniversary questline and the Friendly Skunkupine quest (by the way, in the anniversary goals, I am on Thomas's Grand Blueprint and I Scream for Ice Cream) and this morning I collect from Thurston's Fort and I get three quests: The Secrets of Mithril, the Excalibam one and the Knightly Bling Bling Quest! Out of these five quests, which one is more important?

shambalaya
06-11-14, 04:50 AM
OK, I built Thurston's Fort and I got two quests-the beginning of the One Year Anniversary questline and the Friendly Skunkupine quest (by the way, in the anniversary goals, I am on Thomas's Grand Blueprint and I Scream for Ice Cream) and this morning I collect from Thurston's Fort and I get three quests: The Secrets of Mithril, the Excalibam one and the Knightly Bling Bling Quest! Out of these five quests, which one is more important?

Not sure about all the quests, but the Knightly Bling Bling leads to the Magic Alicorn quest, which means you'll have a chance to get alicorn parts from adventures!

KingFlatus
06-11-14, 05:25 AM
Thank you everyone!

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-11-14, 06:29 AM
Not sure about all the quests, but the Knightly Bling Bling leads to the Magic Alicorn quest, which means you'll have a chance to get alicorn parts from adventures!
Seriously?... Oliver118, you're *just now* getting to thurston's fort and you have the quest for ALICORNS?
*sigh*
C'mon, TL! - make this quest available to all of your players. I mean, really, jeez.

meme1098
06-11-14, 11:31 AM

So you have the "Love Shack?"

I thought all those Valentine related quests from 2013 expired and weren't available anymore?

shambalaya
06-11-14, 11:52 AM
So you have the "Love Shack?"

I thought all those Valentine related quests from 2013 expired and weren't available anymore?

They didn't expire… Once you have the love shack you'll be able to complete the Valentine 2013 quests, even if it takes you an INSANE amount of time. :rolleyes:

meme1098
06-11-14, 01:39 PM
Aaaahhhh....understand now.:o

Jir67
06-12-14, 12:57 AM
I'm current workind on two o three quest, and I have a question on wich one have to do first.
1. I have my ultramarine egg in inventory ( I'm checking every day to be sure that it is still there) and I almost colllected al forerer snow needeed. I didn'thave enough resources to complete the 2 day timed quest, so I'll let it expire and go ahed with the Deep Sea Adventure to gain the needed Lapislazulis.
2. I just started with "Dear Agnes" quest, and, following this path I'll have to send knight in the same adventure (Deep sea) looking for same lazuli.

This could be a problem? having two quest asking for the same adventure...
what will appen if I collect enough lapislazuli for the first quest, but not enough for the second one? Will the adventure disappear when I complete ONE of the quest?

I have to wait with one of the quest? Since both will require a lot of time to collect all needed item...

SpiritWind00
06-12-14, 04:12 AM
Jir67, Just take screen shots of what's in your inventory and goal book in case it all goes wrong... It might count for both, sometimes that can happen...

roguebee
06-12-14, 08:10 AM
No problem with two quests with same adventure. It will remain available until both are done with it

poopher
06-12-14, 03:10 PM
I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and it has been a great help for my game. I am hoping for some more help/advice.

I currently have 2 quest lines asking for mythic essence, upgrading Greselda's maze (level 2) and planting the Blythwood sapling. I only have 2 manticores and its taking awhile to collect whiskers to make the essence. Which would be best to do first? Thanks!!!

roguebee
06-12-14, 03:20 PM
I'd say complete the maze as you have multiple 2 day waits while trying to finish the Goddess Tree

PikaSquirrel
06-12-14, 04:06 PM
I'm current workind on two o three quest, and I have a question on wich one have to do first.
1. I have my ultramarine egg in inventory ( I'm checking every day to be sure that it is still there) and I almost colllected al forerer snow needeed. I didn'thave enough resources to complete the 2 day timed quest, so I'll let it expire and go ahed with the Deep Sea Adventure to gain the needed Lapislazulis.
2. I just started with "Dear Agnes" quest, and, following this path I'll have to send knight in the same adventure (Deep sea) looking for same lazuli.

This could be a problem? having two quest asking for the same adventure...
what will appen if I collect enough lapislazuli for the first quest, but not enough for the second one? Will the adventure disappear when I complete ONE of the quest?

I have to wait with one of the quest? Since both will require a lot of time to collect all needed item...

As long as you still require the Adventure for a Goal, the Adventure will remain in your buildings. So even if you complete the requirement for one of your Goals, if you need it for another, it will not disappear.

mnjcafe
06-13-14, 05:08 AM
I currently have 2 quest lines asking for mythic essence, upgrading Greselda's maze (level 2) and planting the Blythwood sapling. I only have 2 manticores and its taking awhile to collect whiskers to make the essence. Which would be best to do first? Thanks!!!

I would go for the maze garden rather than the Blythewood sapling -- and, in fact, since I hit both of those at the same time, maybe a month or so ago, that is what I did. I feel pretty good about that decision. I didn't even know at the time that the tree would take so long to upgrade with all the letters to Agnes (2 day wait time) but I would have been annoyed if that had put everything else on hold. The garden kicks off all kinds of interesting stories. Just my opinion, of course!

poopher
06-13-14, 05:21 AM
I would go for the maze garden rather than the Blythewood sapling -- and, in fact, since I hit both of those at the same time, maybe a month or so ago, that is what I did. I feel pretty good about that decision. I didn't even know at the time that the tree would take so long to upgrade with all the letters to Agnes (2 day wait time) but I would have been annoyed if that had put everything else on hold. The garden kicks off all kinds of interesting stories. Just my opinion, of course!

Thank you both for your advice. I have decided to go for the garden. I looked ahead at what is to come and it looks like i may be able to get manticore whiskers from all my visits to belladonna which should be triggered after i upgrade the garden. Thanks!!

Victoria185
06-13-14, 09:22 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or I've missed something along the way but I need to craft mythic essence but it's not in my potion shop. I've grown all the required plants to upgrade the maze but no way for crafting the essence. Is this an issue others are having? Thanks

maguar
06-13-14, 09:52 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or I've missed something along the way but I need to craft mythic essence but it's not in my potion shop. I've grown all the required plants to upgrade the maze but no way for crafting the essence. Is this an issue others are having? Thanks

I think this is the thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?63978) you need to check for mythic essence

Victoria185
06-13-14, 10:02 PM
I think this is the thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?63978) you need to check for mythic essence

Thanks for that, hadn't realised the two challenges were collected. Best hunt out some gold nuggets to complete the adamant one first then!

letf8b
06-15-14, 08:53 AM
Fairie respite that's how I did it it worked well for me oh but I used my first ten to upgrade big mine. Hope that helps.

letf8b
06-15-14, 08:55 AM
Fairy respite if u have already upgraded your big mine all the way.

ellaslair
06-18-14, 04:13 PM
Hi, I'm stuck fishing for Thurston's helmet. Is it better to have multiple wells and ponds to fish from, or just one? Thanks ...

PikaSquirrel
06-18-14, 04:41 PM
Hi, I'm stuck fishing for Thurston's helmet. Is it better to have multiple wells and ponds to fish from, or just one? Thanks ...

You only need one and can keep collecting from that one. The more items you have that will drop Thurston's Helmet, the higher the chance you'll get the item soon.

argentinab
06-20-14, 01:31 PM
Hi All:

I am on level 21. I took a hiatus from CS for about a year and only recently returned to find that much has changed (whole new quest lines added!). I need some help figuring out where to go next. My storm8 id is argentinab/kingdom name is Westeros.

These are the current quests I am working on:

To the Troll Kings Lair!
The Letter, Part 3
Knightly Confidence
Trade Ticekts
The Love Caravan
Royal Proof
Resources Upgrades
Wood or Wood Not
Animal Luxuries
High Steaks
Ambitious Oranges
Ice-Cold Lemonade
Trials and Tribute
A friendly skunkupine

I am having trouble completing the "knightly confidence" as it requires pink jewels (which require regular jewels if crafted in the love shack). My source of jewels is depleted after completing the Baron/Dirtbag caravan.

I am also having trouble deciding where to expand to next. The troll king? I have the sword of excalibum, but i know it takes 99 energy to beat and I'm not sure the reward is worth it as this point. Do I expand instead to Sabina Faire? I'm only level 21 and I think a lot of her requirements are level 25+.

Not really sure where to go from here. Thanks for all help/suggestions.

maguar
06-20-14, 02:27 PM
Hi All:

I am on level 21. I took a hiatus from CS for about a year and only recently returned to find that much has changed (whole new quest lines added!). I need some help figuring out where to go next. My storm8 id is argentinab/kingdom name is Westeros.

These are the current quests I am working on:

To the Troll Kings Lair!
The Letter, Part 3
Knightly Confidence
Trade Ticekts
The Love Caravan
Royal Proof
Resources Upgrades
Wood or Wood Not
Animal Luxuries
High Steaks
Ambitious Oranges
Ice-Cold Lemonade
Trials and Tribute
A friendly skunkupine

I am having trouble completing the "knightly confidence" as it requires pink jewels (which require regular jewels if crafted in the love shack). My source of jewels is depleted after completing the Baron/Dirtbag caravan.

I am also having trouble deciding where to expand to next. The troll king? I have the sword of excalibum, but i know it takes 99 energy to beat and I'm not sure the reward is worth it as this point. Do I expand instead to Sabina Faire? I'm only level 21 and I think a lot of her requirements are level 25+.

Not really sure where to go from here. Thanks for all help/suggestions.

Responded in your other thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?70175-Where-to-Next-!)

kingdomkayleigh
06-22-14, 08:49 AM
I've been on the swampy pond mission for weeks, I have no Trolls Essence and anytime I try to collect from coin buildings or mushrooms (typical ways to get a troll to pop up) a boar comes instead. Can anyone help me? Is there any other ways to get the trolls to pop up? This is the most annoying thing on the planet & I've been contemplating just deleting the app since every other collection a boar pops up and takes all my energy

maguar
06-22-14, 02:51 PM
I've been on the swampy pond mission for weeks, I have no Trolls Essence and anytime I try to collect from coin buildings or mushrooms (typical ways to get a troll to pop up) a boar comes instead. Can anyone help me? Is there any other ways to get the trolls to pop up? This is the most annoying thing on the planet & I've been contemplating just deleting the app since every other collection a boar pops up and takes all my energy

When I was in that situation I think I collected from the red mushroom circles as they tended to spawn trolls not boars. If you need to collect from the rest of your kingdom leave the first boar, finish collecting then defeat the boar.

Anaboe
07-03-14, 06:10 AM
I'm a bit stuck and I notice I'm loosing interest.

My goals are:
Raw Materials (get 1 burning ember from the Desert Sands adventure)
Trials and Tribute (Trial of the Explorer is the only one left, so I need to expand)
Like Diamonds in the Sky (I need 3 diamonds from the Deep Mines)
Ivy's Hungry Tummy (Fortune-tellers goal, need 1 Skunku-pie from the "trade with Belladonna")
Allergic to Light (need Hilt of Light from the Adventure to the Glimmergate)

I'm waiting and waiting, but it just isn't dropping, and it gets a bit frustrating. I'm focusing on upgrading my buildings, but that's a bit boring too.

Anyone know if I can unlock some goal?

Anaboe
07-04-14, 05:59 AM
No one?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-04-14, 06:38 AM
No one?
Keep trying to get the hilt of light...once you have all of those swords, the glimmergate and Greselda will continue for you. :)

Ps Read ahead on what is needed for those quests and start stockpiling it now.

Anaboe
07-06-14, 05:28 AM
Thanks! I'm glad I can plan ahead: upgrade the conservatory and jeweler :D

argentinab
07-06-14, 05:50 PM
I'm torn between getting a deep mine or the greenhouse. Thoughts?

forkyfork99
07-08-14, 04:14 PM
Just unlocked Lady Greaelda and the Adament quest line. I have 4 mysterious venom. I need 5 for the discover adamant in the craft shop. I also need 1 to upgrade the conservatory to continue with Greselda.

Do I upgrade the conservatory now or do I wait for my 5th to craft for the discover adamant and worry about the conservatory later?

SpiritWind00
07-08-14, 05:00 PM
I'm torn between getting a deep mine or the greenhouse. Thoughts?

Deep mine. You mustn't be at the stage where you really need the greenhouse for the goals it was built for, so concentrate on getting the 2 deep mines. You will eventually need 1 of them at L5. Get 1 greenhouse soon though as it does come in handy even though some goals in it will be locked for you.

SpiritWind00
07-08-14, 05:04 PM
Just unlocked Lady Greaelda and the Adament quest line. I have 4 mysterious venom. I need 5 for the discover adamant in the craft shop. I also need 1 to upgrade the conservatory to continue with Greselda.

Do I upgrade the conservatory now or do I wait for my 5th to craft for the discover adamant and worry about the conservatory later? Thanks :)

I'd probably favour Greselda. The magic garden and manti's drop the venom, so you should get the one you need soon to continue with both.

dmpro
07-09-14, 04:11 PM
I have managed to accumulate 11 mithril (no mithril dragon yet). Do I keep gathering mithril to complete the discovering Adamant quest or do I upgrade my deep mine to further the blythewood sapling quest? The Mithril takes forever to get!!

meme1098
07-09-14, 05:57 PM
I left the adamant quest til the very last. It was the last quest in my book to complete.
Don't know what others did.

EBJW
07-10-14, 01:00 AM
I have managed to accumulate 11 mithril (no mithril dragon yet). Do I keep gathering mithril to complete the discovering Adamant quest or do I upgrade my deep mine to further the blythewood sapling quest? The Mithril takes forever to get!!

I'd give the adamant quest a rest as well. When you're lucky you'll occasionaly receive mythrill/adamant from knights or mines in the meantime.
And I'd get another deep mine if you only have 1 (?).

dmpro
07-10-14, 10:58 AM
Thanks meme1098 and EBJW!
I do have a second deep mine. I just wasn't sure if there is a need for adamant for upcoming quests.

azriX2012
07-10-14, 11:54 AM
In the quest 'Raw Materials' I have to find 1 large diamond, get 1 golden fleece and get 1 burning ember. This golden fleece drops rarely from sheeps. I've never had one before and I only have one black sheep. I had 3 diamonds in the past (lost them to the dragons quest) but I know they drop rarely from the deep mine so I'll start building my deep mine #2. I'll probably have to do a lot of adventures in the desert sands to get the burning ember. From my experience this quest probably will take months. Should I buy more sheeps?

maguar
07-10-14, 02:12 PM
In the quest 'Raw Materials' I have to find 1 large diamond, get 1 golden fleece and get 1 burning ember. This golden fleece drops rarely from sheeps. I've never had one before and I only have one black sheep. I had 3 diamonds in the past (lost them to the dragons quest) but I know they drop rarely from the deep mine so I'll start building my deep mine #2. I'll probably have to do a lot of adventures in the desert sands to get the burning ember. From my experience this quest probably will take months. Should I buy more sheeps?

I seem to remember that the fleece can drop from your stables. So you've already got 3 sources. If you don't have the ember I'd taken your time with the fleece

shoey92476
07-14-14, 07:43 AM
I appear to be stalled on these quests:

how clean is your library-2 books and then nothing for the last couple of weeks. My library is a level 3 and i collect from it about 2x per day!
Kaz's change of heart-2 feral magic and I've had this quest for at least a month now. I have had no boars drop a feral magic since the first 2.

Is this a glitch?

thanks!

tigarlilyvol
07-14-14, 07:53 AM
I built more libraries to collect them since they are rare. The feral land trade gives magic also.

roguebee
07-14-14, 08:35 AM
I seem to collect a feral magic pouch almost everytime I do the Feral Lands Adventure, but it is not a guaranteed drop.

shoey92476
07-14-14, 09:58 AM
Ok, thanks for the advice! After so many weeks I thought for sure I must have a glitch and the game gods forgot I had these open quests! :)

transberry
07-17-14, 09:09 AM
Level 38

Need mithril, but haven't got any one mining in months, and need fairy columns but again adventures aren't giving them

Is crafting mithril the only other way? To complete cave rich in culture goal

My other goals are mystic ailcorn seems like I've had this one forever, got pink ailcorn in may and a dragon last week

And thurstons bravery I know that one is just patience going on multiple adventures

Thanks

germander10
07-23-14, 06:03 PM
Hi, a few weeks ago I "opened" the Glimmergate, but since then that storyline has stopped. I don't know what to do next. Am currently working on the Faerie Respite and Troll Vault, maybe these are connected to the Glimmergate in some way. Hope someone can advise.

SpiritWind00
07-23-14, 06:18 PM
Hi, a few weeks ago I "opened" the Glimmergate, but since then that storyline has stopped. I don't know what to do next. Am currently working on the Faerie Respite and Troll Vault, maybe these are connected to the Glimmergate in some way. Hope someone can advise.

Try this link, it has part 1 of the glimmergate. Don't worry, we'll sort it out!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=850524&viewfull=1#post850524 It should take you to post number 516.

SpiritWind00
07-23-14, 07:12 PM
Level 38. Need mithril, but haven't got any one mining in months, and need fairy columns but again adventures aren't giving them. Is crafting mithril the only other way? To complete cave rich in culture goal. My other goals are mystic ailcorn seems like I've had this one forever, got pink ailcorn in may and a dragon last week. And thurstons bravery I know that one is just patience going on multiple adventures. Thanks

Hi transberry, hope this helps:
1. mithril - keep collecting from deep mine. If you haven't got 2, try to do this as it will increase the chance of getting mithril. If you have the alchemy shard you can craft mithril in the forge with lots of silver, takes 2 days. I did this for weeks on end! It's painful, but it is the only other way to guarantee a drop if you don't have the Mithril Dragon. The jewellers trade is another way, but getting miril isn't guaranteed and I've found it drops maybe 1 in 3 times you do the trade.

2. Faery columns are from Dark Cave adventure only. It should only take 4-6 adventures. I remember getting one back every time, but maybe I was lucky. Then you need the statue from Ancient Vaults which might take a few times too. You're right, 20 mithril needed for this part of the upgrade, just keep plugging away!

Just so you know, for the next upgrade you also need:
Lady Finverra - Upgrade the building to lvl 4. Materials:
1 Lady Finverra Statue (Adventure, Old King's Vault exclusive), 5 Lumin Essence, 50 Jewels, 50 Silver Ore

zenobia42
07-25-14, 04:41 PM
Help!

I have 10 mithril. I can use it for either:

A) Cracking the Case (step 3 of 9 for unlocking the ability to incubate my dragon egg in the Magic Forge.)
I am nearly at that step now with 8/10 Bestiaries collected and now 4 level-5 libraries to speed that process along.

or

B) Enchanted Minerals (step 8 in the Lady Greselda / unlocking the Glimmergates quest line.)
I am on that step now, but finding myself chronically short on silver due to ALL the limited time quests requiring at least 100 silver each. To think I use to have 99 silver - for WEEKS - until a triple-whammy - the 2 silver-heavy limited time quests right after having made 10 silver platters to unlock the faerie respite line - a total of 384 silver!!! :eek:

What do the experienced folks here recommend? I'm level 33. Of note: I have learned the research shard Alchemy, but with a chronic silver shortage, I'll not be able to make much mithril. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

zenobia42
07-26-14, 01:46 PM
Over 100 looks and no answers. I guess it's an impossible question or something. :(

maguar
07-26-14, 04:13 PM
Help!

A) Cracking the Case (step 3 of 9 for unlocking the ability to incubate my dragon egg in the Magic Forge.)
I am nearly at that step now with 8/10 Bestiaries collected and now 4 level-5 libraries to speed that process along.

or

B) Enchanted Minerals (step 8 in the Lady Greselda / unlocking the Glimmergates quest line.)
I am on that step now, but finding myself chronically short on silver due to ALL the limited time quests requiring at least 100 silver each. To think I use to have 99 silver - for WEEKS - until a triple-whammy - the 2 silver-heavy limited time quests right after having made 10 silver platters to unlock the faerie respite line - a total of 384 silver!!! :eek:

What do the experienced folks here recommend? I'm level 33. Of note: I have learned the research shard Alchemy, but with a chronic silver shortage, I'll not be able to make much mithril. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

If you got a dragon from the pyre event I would recommend the glimmergate quest.

If you can try to do the dark cave adventure. It can drop dark cave formations which have a good silver drop rate

Make sure you've got two deep mines as it can drop mithril. If you're able also do the jewellers trade in the exchange as it can drop silver and mithril

zenobia42
07-26-14, 07:05 PM
If you got a dragon from the pyre event I would recommend the glimmergate quest.

If you can try to do the dark cave adventure. It can drop dark cave formations which have a good silver drop rate

Make sure you've got two deep mines as it can drop mithril. If you're able also do the jewellers trade in the exchange as it can drop silver and mithril

I don't even know what the dragon pyre event is, lol. I got the dragon egg from my Forgotten Roost. It is my first dragon egg from there, which is why I'm still working on unlocking the ability to incubate it.

I have done a dozen Dark Cave adventures and never gotten a Dark Cave Formation. :( In fact, in about 3.5 months of playing, I've only EVER gotten from adventures 3 useful things: a sheep. An orange tree. And a Glimmerdust Trove. Most of the time I get nothing and when I do have something, I get ALL excited... just to find it's yet another totally useless pumpkin hatch or campfire. AGAIN.

I did complete a second Deep Mine a couple weeks ago and it's very nice to have. Although it is not uncommon for me, at 2 mines x 2 collections per day = 4 per day, to get a grand total of like 3 silver and zero mithril per day. In fact, I have had it happen more than once that collecting from both Deep Mines yielded ZERO total silver. Once a week maybe I'll get a mithril from one. Once I got an adamant which I assume will be nice to have one day if I can ever advance in my goals with no friggen silver or mithril lol!

I also did the Jeweler's Trade a couple times in the last week. They gave me a grand total of ZERO silver. And no mithril either.

Sound like the solution to my problems is for my luck to do a 180. Because right now it's total ****. I can't even get 2 hides from clicking a dozen cows. The odds are extra terrible on ALL the items that only drop sometimes. Except stupid truffles. I always have 99 stupid truffles. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway. Maybe by 2015 I'll finish the Enchanted Minerals quest and get closer to opening the Glimmergate. It is literally going to take that long at this rate.

ETA: I'm doing the only thing I CAN do to collect / make silver and mithril with the luck this game sees fit to give me: buying lots of iron rich rock piles, and converting iron to silver at the 10:1 rate. Since each pile is about 10 iron, that's 1 silver. If I buy 120 of them, that's enough to make the 120 silver needed for the Enchanted Silver Bars. I do (although I am 0-for-the last 2 piles) occasionally get a silver from a pile or from a mine, so let's call it 100 iron rich rocks to buy. Plus an estimated 150 rocks to get / make enough silver to make the 10 mithril for the enchanted mithril bars (assuming I use the 10 mithril I have to work towards unlocking dragon egg incubation). That is 250 iron rich rocks for 1.3 million coins and 2,000 energy. So, yeah, the 2015 estimate - not an exaggeration.

transberry
07-30-14, 08:24 AM
Same here, I do have glimmer gate, but have not gotten any mirthil since than. I only get silver from the rocks about 3 for every 20 chops

transberry
07-30-14, 08:29 AM
I have had lady finvera statue for a longtime now.

Have 2 deep mines, think both at level 3.

Have done dark cave adventure15 times so far, no columns

Still haven't found white ailcorn wing and one other part and its been like that forever.

SpiritWind00
07-30-14, 06:37 PM
I have had lady finvera statue for a longtime now.

Have 2 deep mines, think both at level 3.

Have done dark cave adventure15 times so far, no columns

Still haven't found white ailcorn wing and one other part and its been like that forever.
Transberry, you can't get the statue from ancient vault adventure until you have all the columns. Maybe you've got them and don't realise? Try to upgrade the respite and see what it says... You should only have to do 4-5 adventures to get the columns. (Well, that's what I did).

SpiritWind00
07-30-14, 06:47 PM
Help!

or

Over 100 looks and no answers. I guess it's an impossible question or something. :(
Hi zenobia42, I was one who've read your posts a couple of times, but seeing as how you are longing for an answer (and it's a really hard one), I'll have a bash at it for you.

You need dragon scales, so I would continue with this one as further down the track you need mythic essence which is made up of scales and manticore whiskers. They are both core story, so at some point you will stall because you need the dragon scales.

Mithril - I wrote a few things for you on the previous page about this. One thing would be to ask your neighbours to gift you silver. Bash a few rocks (not dare cave formations, they're too costly for the same return on a coin bought rock). Upgrade your sparkling mines to L5 if they aren't already to reduce collection times. It makes a difference. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck when it comes to needing something a lot, that's just the game at it's worst. But you'll soon find yourself in silver feast not famine.

Libraries - fantastic move. I think you've set yourself up to have as much success as you can have here getting the books. They just take time.

Hope I've helped a little. If there is still something else, re-post your question. Sometimes questions get missed purely because of the number of posts. Good luck!

weka8
07-31-14, 11:51 PM
I seem to be at a standstill
I'm level 34
The only goals I have are
How clean is your library
Beat up the lovecupine and
The glimmergate

The first two are waiting for a random event , while the third I'm desperately waiting earth wisps to create lanterns,

What can I do to trigger another goal? I seem to be at a standstill.

SpiritWind00
08-01-14, 03:40 AM
You can't do anything till you finish the first and third, especially the glimmergate. Keep persevering! You'll get there! Good luck...

I seem to be at a standstill
I'm level 34
The only goals I have are
How clean is your library
Beat up the lovecupine and
The glimmergate
The first two are waiting for a random event , while the third I'm desperately waiting earth wisps to create lanterns.
What can I do to trigger another goal? I seem to be at a standstill.

weka8
08-01-14, 04:09 AM
Ok, thanks.

cohesin
08-03-14, 12:56 PM
Hi, I'm on lvl34 and have the following quests

1) how clean is your library (6/10 books, already have one dragon from the pyre quest)

2) enchanted minerals

3) cave rich in culture (building the fairie respite)

4) one more time (upgrading the troll castle)

Almost got 10 Mithril - what should I use them first on; number 2 or 3?

luckylu98
08-06-14, 06:35 AM
I need help deciding which would be my best buy for 200 gems - Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pergola, Wizard School, Reindeer Stable or Glimmerbat Habitat. I'm at level 46 & am interested in getting items for inventory. Also if someone knows of a way to get bread without making it in the kitchen, I'd be eternally grateful. Seems I spend all day making bread!

meme1098
08-06-14, 06:40 AM
Wizard school gives energy....work towards 2 of those. Can't do without mine.

Liloze
08-06-14, 06:56 AM
I need help deciding which would be my best buy for 200 gems - Kingdom Inn, Harvest Pergola, Wizard School, Reindeer Stable or Glimmerbat Habitat. I'm at level 46 & am interested in getting items for inventory. Also if someone knows of a way to get bread without making it in the kitchen, I'd be eternally grateful. Seems I spend all day making bread!

Like Meme 1098 said, You will need the Wizard School, I have 2 and still need energy, It is a good gem investment.
Bread rarely drops,for me, from the Harvest Pergola, I get some from the Royal Trade ( Meat & Dairy ), the summer Gazebo (rarely). Sir P. sometimes.
You are not alone, one of my my kitchens is most of the time occupied with preparing bread!
That's what I can remember at this moment :)

Liloze
08-06-14, 08:33 AM
Coincidence or what?! I just collected from my Summer Gazebo and got bread :)

luckylu98
08-06-14, 04:38 PM
Like Meme 1098 said, You will need the Wizard School, I have 2 and still need energy, It is a good gem investment.
Bread rarely drops,for me, from the Harvest Pergola, I get some from the Royal Trade ( Meat & Dairy ), the summer Gazebo (rarely). Sir P. sometimes.
You are not alone, one of my my kitchens is most of the time occupied with preparing bread!
That's what I can remember at this moment :)

Thanks to both of you for the info. Think I WILL invest in the Wizard School. I'll have to get my summer gazebo back out & hope it will give some bread up once in awhile.

transberry
08-10-14, 10:00 AM
Weird my lady fineva statue is now missing

I only had 1 deep mine so bought another

Did another 3 adventures still no columns

Current goals now are: mystic ailcorn
Trials and tribute
Thurstons bravery
A sunku problem
Cave rich in culture
Ain't no party like a castle party

Never got to finish reindeer stable or glimmerbat habit

And workshop is not showing woven cloth, how do you get it

maguar
08-10-14, 03:00 PM
Weird my lady fineva statue is now missing

I only had 1 deep mine so bought another

Did another 3 adventures still no columns

Current goals now are: mystic ailcorn
Trials and tribute
Thurstons bravery
A sunku problem
Cave rich in culture
Ain't no party like a castle party

Never got to finish reindeer stable or glimmerbat habit

And workshop is not showing woven cloth, how do you get it

What adventure are you doing to get the columns?

And what are you needing the woven cloth for?

transberry
08-10-14, 04:08 PM
What adventure are you doing to get the columns?

I think it's called dark caves it's like the 4th on the list, but I've done multiples of all

And what are you needing the woven cloth for?

Update troll castle, just got troll castle yesterday needs 20 iron ore,20 fertilizer, 4 woven cloth and 4 royal blocks

I have most of the other supplies but only 1 woven cloth

maguar
08-11-14, 02:18 AM
Update troll castle, just got troll castle yesterday needs 20 iron ore,20 fertilizer, 4 woven cloth and 4 royal blocks

I have most of the other supplies but only 1 woven cloth

It's definitely dark caves for the columns - it's like the third one. It's weird that you haven't got any as we've got this info:

Hey Sunny are you sure you're going on the right adventure? Explore the Dark Caves? The columns should be fairly easy to get (very high droprate).

If you're still up to Ain't No Party Like A Castle Party! you'll need to finish it before you get the option to craft the clothes for the next goal.

transberry
08-12-14, 12:34 AM
It's definitely dark caves for the columns - it's like the third one. It's weird that you haven't got any as we've got this info:
Definitely dark caves

Need to make more feast and will send out again

If you're still up to Ain't No Party Like A Castle Party! you'll need to finish it before you get the option to craft the clothes for the next goal.
Cloth is back in workshop

Just need the columns

maguar
08-12-14, 03:14 AM
Glad you're sorted :)

squishydishy2
08-18-14, 03:45 AM
I want to upgrade the blythewood sapling for a goal, but I don't know where it is? Should I have earnt it somewhere else?

PikaSquirrel
08-18-14, 12:09 PM
I want to upgrade the blythewood sapling for a goal, but I don't know where it is? Should I have earnt it somewhere else?

Looks like your Blythewood Sapling is in your Storage.

vickyville14
08-20-14, 10:59 AM

I am on lvl 36.
Current goals:
Cracking the case - 10 mithril for net
Ruler must-haves - 10 mithril for statue
Cave rich in Culture - 10 mithril for building Faire Respite

Also looking at up grading 2nd deep mine from lvl 2 to 3 - 10 mithril

I have 6 and am making another in the forge, just trying to figure out how to spend them. I am having a tough time getting them. My deep mines aren't giving out any since the sunstones started.

Any help would be much appreciated!
VickyVille14

nessa005
08-20-14, 12:34 PM
A Nobel Nest question.
I'm on level 41 and am working on Dear Agnes, Gifts for Bella and Just discovered fire.
in the quest book I still have A Nobel Nest. I have check marks beside 1 diamond glass, 1 Golden Fleece, borrow Thurston's helmet and use 1 dragons egg.
I have the firy potion in my inventory.
Is this an ongoing quest or did I miss something? I'm sort of afraid to give the potion and then discover it won't work! Thanks for any help or suggestions that you can give me.

KNKstorm8
08-20-14, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Dabag;899661]As you already know, these goals will stay on your Kingdom Goal Listing until you get around to them. So these are just my opinions

1 Menacing art BARRACKS - no hurry:

I'm at level 15. The Barracks goal has a 5 day time limit with a reward of 10 gems. However, it costs 360 gems! That's pretty pricey for me. Does the building stick around and the goal/reward go away? Or is this my only opportunity? Also, I heard it may be a reward or goal later in the game and not cost any gems.
All help appreciated!

roguebee
08-20-14, 06:21 PM
As far as I am aware, the Barracks is a gem only purchase. It will be available in the Market long after this goal expires.

KNKstorm8
08-20-14, 10:05 PM
As far as I am aware, the Barracks is a gem only purchase. It will be available in the Market long after this goal expires.

Thanks! I guess I'll wait on it. The 10 gem "reward" seems more like a discount on the 360 gem cost.

njkgg2
08-23-14, 01:27 PM
You can make mithril in the magic forge if you v
Can get the feature to open.

mangolassi23
08-27-14, 06:33 AM
Hi, I'm at the place in the troll quest where I need red petals for faerie elixir, and at the place in the Sabina questline where I need to scatter red petals to mask the smell of the skunk solvent (lovely!). I currently have 28 red petals and collecting them is slooooow (have flowering hedge but no red trillium & no gems). What should I use my petals for first? Thanks!

jonimariejones1977
08-27-14, 08:21 PM
I am needing help I am on level 12 and need the Portion building it's shows it locked and say Goal I am nut sure what goal I need to unlock it and where you find your goals somebody please help me go to my wall jonimariejones1977 thanks

meme1098
08-27-14, 08:43 PM
I am needing help I am on level 12 and need the Portion building it's shows it locked and say Goal I am nut sure what goal I need to unlock it and where you find your goals somebody please help me go to my wall jonimariejones1977 thanks

Have you expanded to Ivy? She's the tree lady at the top of your screen. When you expand to her & free her, a goal pops up to build the potion shop. She will have a ? Over her head til you finish her goal line.

Dabag's goal reference thread is a great help to get through the goals.

Here's the link:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals

The Game Guide thread has lots of great info as well.

mrglymph
08-28-14, 08:55 PM
I see that people are posting about the lovecupine quest and it's not during valentines. Is this quest available to all after a certain level?

shambalaya
08-29-14, 11:12 AM
It is not about levels, the quest is triggered by spawning your first lovecupine when collecting from a Valentines item (pink animals, pink spire, pink alicorns, Valentines flowers, someone also reported the red trillium as a source of lovecupines).
Some people only get their first lovecupine after many months, perhaps all they have is a pink alicorn, which is why they see the quest pop up long after Valentines.
You have to slay 5 lovecupines to complete the quest and then there is no more after that.

Hope that helps :-)

mrglymph
08-29-14, 02:04 PM
It is not about levels, the quest is triggered by spawning your first lovecupine when collecting from a Valentines item (pink animals, pink spire, pink alicorns, Valentines flowers, someone also reported the red trillium as a source of lovecupines).
Some people only get their first lovecupine after many months, perhaps all they have is a pink alicorn, which is why they see the quest pop up long after Valentines.
You have to slay 5 lovecupines to complete the quest and then there is no more after that.

Hope that helps :-)

Thanks! Is the alicorn only available to craft in the love shack or is there another way? Also is the love shack only available during valentines day?

PikaSquirrel
08-29-14, 02:26 PM
Thanks! Is the alicorn only available to craft in the love shack or is there another way? Also is the love shack only available during valentines day?

Yup, only available to craft in the Love Shack.

Anaboe
09-08-14, 04:46 AM
So, I only have 2 goals left:

Just discovered fire (which requires 20 mithril, and since I don't have a mithril-dragon, it's gonna take a while)
Gifts for Bella (which requires a lot of glimmer shards and parts, and is previous to "Sister, sister")

Is it true I've come to the endgame? Nothing else to do than wait for the next part in this great story?

katbtodd
09-08-14, 05:06 AM
Not sure why a lot of people are believing in "the end" don't let people tell you, we get an up date weekly ,,, but there was a time we did not... We went months and since last fall I thinking we got a update almost every week,,,, not unless the quest took two weeks...then they may not of giving us one,,,, some people in the forum .. Thinking they are not happy with the game and trying to stir the pot, don't let them,,,, just enjoy the game,,, as its rolling out ,,,

Chaotarch
09-08-14, 05:24 AM
Is it true I've come to the endgame? Nothing else to do than wait for the next part in this great story?

lol, what endgame?:confused:
since we dont have expand to the southeast, i think the end is far away, and even we expand to that mysterious thing...

Anaboe
09-08-14, 07:23 AM
Ok, ok, I meant, are the no more goals at this moment for me? :)

Chaotarch
09-08-14, 07:57 AM
Ok, ok, I meant, are the no more goals at this moment for me? :)

if you have finish sister, sister you should be done:cool:

landa002
10-02-14, 09:01 AM
Surprise, Azalea!" in order to access "The Mad Tea Party"

I am soooo confused!!! I have no idea what to do to unlock buildings. I have done or so I thought I completed the Surprise, Azalea!" so I can get the Tea Party item unlocked. I do remember following this dialogue and still its not unlocked. I was doing a goal ( so I thought) and I had to upgrade to highest levels of the Conservatory, the Chateau and the theater. The Chateau was hard and time consuming but I did it and now nothing!!! I am almost a level 37 I while I am going thru other dialogues to unlock buildings, they say I have to complete other dialogues but how do you do that? Where are the initial steps to begin these dialogues?
Where are the steps to start conversation on :Knock on wood" and But we just met"?

The goals I still have are:

The Mystic Alicorn
The Master Botanist
The Cooking Caravan
High Maintenance
Daddy Thurston
The Most Important Meal ( I need an apple tree to make apple pies as I don't have an apple tree)

Thanks
Landa002
ipod 4th generation

meme1098
10-02-14, 11:20 AM
I think High Maintenance is part of Glimmergate part 1. I would try to get this goal finished as it leads to Griselda if I'm not mistaken. Here's Dabags goal thread relating to that:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59709-Castle-Story-10-10-2013-Update

Regarding Thurston, not sure what goal that is part of. Have you finished outfitting him and is he walking your kingdom?

Ah, yes you will need the apple tree for the Glimmergate quest. You may just have to break down & buy one if you haven't gotten any from adventuring. Doing the side goals for other TL games can help you there.

8hat
10-02-14, 11:39 AM
If I remember correctly, Daddy Thurston is in the Pepe le Skunkupine (the pet skunkupine) chain. He's a cute little addition to any kingdom but not directly related to the main storyline. Stick with Greselda's chain and anything that leads to the Blythwood Sapling line...most of the new content seems to be tacked on after those are pretty far along.

landa002
10-03-14, 03:49 AM
Yes Thurston is walking around. I will take your suggestion and play TL new games just to get gems then I will delete. This way it want be too painful paying gems for the Apple tree. Thanks for your guys suggestions.

Landa002

transberry
10-03-14, 11:19 AM
Plume hive adventure still blocked
Only goal I have is thurstons bravery I still need hilt of darkness

Do I need to finish this goal to get the new ones, haven't had any goals in weeks, fairy respite is fully upgraded

Anneli3s
10-03-14, 12:03 PM
How can you get dragons ? Do you have to buy them with gems or can you get them with a quest ?

meme1098
10-03-14, 01:45 PM
How can you get dragons ? Do you have to buy them with gems or can you get them with a quest ?

There's a dragon quest when the first egg drops from the forgotten roost. Have you expanded there?

Always check Dabag's goal thread first & you will more than likely find where you are & what's next.
Here's Dabags goal thread for the dragon egg:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=627863&viewfull=1#post627863

The Game Guide thread is great with all kinds of info. It's the very last sticky.

Anneli3s
10-03-14, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the useful info !