PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer help need

omfgruk
02-20-14, 04:51 PM
Is there anything else beside the glimmer gate or the castle that gives glimmer shards or glimmer fragments

xoxoBabyGirl
02-20-14, 05:00 PM
Is there anything else beside the glimmer gate or the castle that gives glimmer shards or glimmer fragments

I think Greselda's castle does.

SenseiNJ
02-20-14, 05:54 PM
I don't think there is any other source at the moment. Maybe a trade will be added to the royal exchange in the future. That would be helpful.

kooky panda
02-20-14, 06:21 PM
Those are the only two places so far.

dragonflynz2
02-20-14, 09:21 PM
I have a feeling they've upped the drop rate. I just collected from the gate & got 3 fragments and 2 dust. I've been lucky to get one of anything the last week or so.

m1stery
02-21-14, 01:27 AM
You are probably asking this to finish the Maze Garden. In that case there are no other sources. :( After you upgrade the Maze it starts to randomly drop Glimmer Shards and Fragments.

omfgruk
02-21-14, 12:31 PM
Not ten maze garden m1stery need them for dark seed

cakeandpie
02-25-14, 07:46 AM
Is there any other source of glimmer shards and fragments besides the glimmer gate and Griselda's castle? I'm having a hard time getting enough to make the dark seeds.

brandonu
02-25-14, 08:01 AM
Not from my experience. I'm finding the shards harder to find then the fragments, but it has been better the last couple of days.

CottageRose
02-25-14, 08:13 AM
Hmmm... Thought I might have also gotten some from the upgraded level 2 dark garden, but I could be confused.

dng1234
02-25-14, 08:39 AM
I'm struggling to get shards and fragments too. There has been times that I've not gotten either collecting from the G's castle or the GG. I wish the would make some higher level needed items (like the GS and GF) gift-able.

brandonu
02-25-14, 08:52 AM
Hmmm... Thought I might have also gotten some from the upgraded level 2 dark garden, but I could be confused.

Quite possible, I'm not there yet. I still 3 Glimmer Trap Plants and keep getting Glimmer Pitcher Plants instead.

Queenzod
02-25-14, 09:13 AM

I thought so, too. I got one glimmerdust this am. Maybe it will improve.

esmerelda35
02-25-14, 09:38 AM

I think you're righ from waht I've read in other threads. However, unfortunately, I need the shards to grow dark seeds to grow the plants to be able to upgrade the dark garden, and the shards are few and far between, as others have pointed out! oh well, patience is a virtue and if it was easy, it wouldn't be fun :). Then we'd all be complaining that we sped through the quests and have nothing to do!

CottageRose
02-25-14, 10:06 AM
True indeed. Good luck with that. :)

rengirl1978
02-25-14, 10:48 AM
I have run out as well, and not gettin drops from the Glimmer Gate or Griselda's castle. Haven't been able to upgrade the maze at all yet cuz I can't get enough glimmer shards and fragments to make the dark plants. Please fix this, TL!

meme1098
02-25-14, 12:20 PM
They don't drop every collection. These goals are not meant to be finished in a few days, or even a few weeks ( unless you use gems to skip). They are long term goals (more like a month or more) related to the story line. These are the kind of goals that make the game fun, IMO. Too easy, too easily done is not challenging.
BTW, I'm still working on getting my last 2 pitcher plants to upgrade too. The shards are sometimes hard to get and then sometimes it's the fragments that are hard to get.
I have extras now of the other glimmer plants so when the time for upgrading to level 3 rolls around I could be part way there if those are required.

pigsty13
02-25-14, 01:03 PM
I am getting frustrated with this. I have exhausted my supply of shards and fragments to make some dark plants and now I have none left to make adamant if I get the last few mithril I need. I also need make more dark plants for the maze upgrade. Please allow us to get shards and fragments more frequently.

brdwybaby
02-25-14, 06:35 PM
I've also been having a hard time collecting glimmer shards/fragments. Very frustrating they don't drop with every collection. Griselda's Castle takes long enough to collect from as is. And of course, we can't gift them. I'm beginning to think that gifts will never change.

What's even more struggling for me right now is collecting enough Manticore Whiskers to make Mythic Essence. I need two more Essences to build my new Sapling and FIVE after the fact to update the Garden Maze. All costing 10 Manticore Whiskers each, with only 1 in my inventory and 1 Manticore in my kingdom that takes 6 hours in between collection and not guaranteed to drop. It's going to take FOREVER.

Queenzod
02-25-14, 06:43 PM
I've also been having a hard time collecting glimmer shards/fragments. Very frustrating they don't drop with every collection. Griselda's Castle takes long enough to collect from as is. And of course, we can't gift them. I'm beginning to think that gifts will never change.

What's even more struggling for me right now is collecting enough Manticore Whiskers to make Mythic Essence. I need two more Essences to build my new Sapling and FIVE after the fact to update the Garden Maze. All costing 10 Manticore Whiskers each, with only 1 in my inventory and 1 Manticore in my kingdom that takes 6 hours in between collection and not guaranteed to drop. It's going to take FOREVER.

Ya, I haven't had a whisker in 48 hours. I ended up gemming thru the mythic essence for the sapling, all the while fulfilling TL's desire to make us use gems so they can take over the world! Ah, well. :)

brdwybaby
02-25-14, 11:18 PM
Ya, I haven't had a whisker in 48 hours. I ended up gemming thru the mythic essence for the sapling, all the while fulfilling TL's desire to make us use gems so they can take over the world! Ah, well. :)

Haha! Well, at least I'm not the only one. If I don't make much progress by next paycheck, I'll definitely be dropping some gems on those Mythic Essences. Those, and a pretty little Mermaid Pond. :)

omfgruk
02-26-14, 10:33 AM
The drop has not increased at all and it's making it impossible to finish task because of it : (

starbows
02-26-14, 11:15 AM
I have three castles on different devices and while in two cs games glimmer shards drop regularly I haven't got any glimmer shards on the third device for three days. I even tried and reinstalled the game/shut it down. Seems like randomness does not work well ....

kudukuda
02-26-14, 11:32 AM
I am no where near as advanced as most of you. Still waiting for 5 more dragon scales for the blad and hilt. Then and only then will i advance to griseldas castle and all the great quest. You guys are working on. In the mean time i am collecting fragments and shards like there is no tomorrow.
I think the more advanced players are finding it harder to collect all the required materials because they have no prep time between updates. Also skipping through with gems just makes it harder.
I dont think TL purposfully make us have to spend gems. I havent spent a dime and i have two wizard schools, the barracks plus red trillim. And another 460 gems all from the free downloads.

Queenzod
02-26-14, 11:41 AM
I am no where near as advanced as most of you. Still waiting for 5 more dragon scales for the blad and hilt. Then and only then will i advance to griseldas castle and all the great quest. You guys are working on. In the mean time i am collecting fragments and shards like there is no tomorrow.
I think the more advanced players are finding it harder to collect all the required materials because they have no prep time between updates.

Also, I for one, have completely forgotten what it's like to actually work for weeks or months on a task! I'm so used to zooming through in a matter of days because of my hoarded stocks of goods that when I'm confronted with having to wait and slow down I turn into a sniveling, whining brat. Nothing like a little challenge to bring out the best in ones character. :D

Thank you, TL, for teaching me patience. You really CAN learn a lot from this game. :)

oliverrr11
02-26-14, 09:42 PM

Lol!, Your Majesty! (oliverrr11 >>>>>bowing). I have the same whisker shortage. I'm about to smother my manticore with the fur he keeps giving so I can pull the 8 whiskers I need off his face. I would use gems too, to get my 1 mythic essence needed, but my harvest pergola decided I needed to collect from it early, and now I'm 6 gems short of getting it. Maybe my castle or barracks will be nice to me in the morning. :D

seascape9
03-02-14, 04:52 AM
Lol!, Your Majesty! (oliverrr11 >>>>>bowing). I have the same whisker shortage. I'm about to smother my manticore with the fur he keeps giving so I can pull the 8 whiskers I need off his face. I would use gems too, to get my 1 mythic essence needed, but my harvest pergola decided I needed to collect from it early, and now I'm 6 gems short of getting it. Maybe my castle or barracks will be nice to me in the morning. :D

Lol, I'm with you! I have 2 manticores and don't get whiskers on most collections! I am also in need of the flower glimmer rafflesia, which I have needed for over a week now! The glimmer shards are very few and far between too! Bring it on Castle Story! I do love this game!