PDA

View Full Version : Inviting neighbors

cosmolife
02-20-14, 01:01 PM
Is there a limit on how many people we can invite to be our neighbors per day?

I notice that as I buy stuff from the newspaper and then I visit the people I just bought from, sometimes there's the +invite button for me to tap on to invite them to be my neighbors, sometimes there's no + button at all.

I wonder why that + button seems to appear kinda randomly? Is there something I have to do to turn the button on all the time? Or are we limited to a max number of people we can invite per day?

maguar
02-20-14, 02:09 PM
This is actually controlled by the player. If you go into settings (wagon wheel then cog icons) you have the option to set quick invite on or off. So if you don't see the invite they've either turned it off or they're already your neighbour.

Max neighbours including sent/pending invites is about 2000.

cosmolife
02-20-14, 02:42 PM
Oh thanks Maguar. Yes I have my quick invite turned on. Oh I get it. If I don't see it then it means the other person has theirs turned off.

I have another question. There's a couple of people that I see when I'm in my side shop. I can tap on their icons to see what they have for sale. So I assume they're my neighbors to appear in my shop. But when I go to pending invites, their names are in this list. Which means they're not yet my neighbors. So how come they appear in my shop? It's not a big deal. Just wondering what it all means :-)

maguar
02-20-14, 03:04 PM
So they're definitely on the top pending invite section and not the neighbour section? I've not heard of that one before. Do you have many neighbours? Do any of them share the same farm name as people in your pending invite list?

cosmolife
02-20-14, 03:18 PM
Yes they're in the pending invites section. One of them has a very unique icon, so definitely not share same farm name with other neighbors. Next to their names, there are 2 buttons: invite and visit. How odd. If they're in this pending invites list, doesn't that mean I had already invited them? Should I just tap on the invite button to invite them again?

I have 300 neighbors. 6 in pending invites.

maguar
02-21-14, 02:45 AM
If they're in neighbour tab but pending it means they've invited you but you haven't accepted yet. If they're in the invite tab it means you've invited them and they haven't accepted yet.

cosmolife
02-21-14, 04:08 AM
Just found another one. She's not in my neighbors section. She's in the pending invite section. And she shows up in my shop.

My pending invite list is very short. Only 4 names on it so it's very noticeable when a unique name and unique icon shows up here and in my shop. I scrolled all the way through all of my 300 neighbors to check for the exact same unique icon/same name spelling...but nope. She's not on my neighbors list. She's in my pending invite list. Yet she already appears in my shop.

I wonder, since pending invites disappear automatically after 1 week, does this mean she'll disappear from my shop? What should I do because I would like to keep her as a neighbor. She sells stuff I always need and at good prices.

maguar
02-21-14, 07:21 AM
If its the list that you've previously invited you could visit and post on her wall asking her to accept the invite. If you have the option to add or accept I'd do that. If she's not interested in a neighbour ask her to post on your wall so you have a link back to her.

cosmolife
02-21-14, 09:45 AM
Thanks Maguar. I'll go post on her wall as you suggested. Thnx :-)

So far 3 people appear in my shop who are not my neighbors. I only noticed because of their unique icons and unusual name.

Babydragonplay
06-13-15, 05:13 PM
How do find someone's storm8id so you can invite? I have request but can not figure out how to accept or invite. HELP ANYONE