PDA

View Full Version : Choices?

ellenandcassie
02-20-14, 09:23 AM
Hey guys!☺️ I was wondering which boxes you think are the best! I would really like some feed back! Thanks!

Dreamer691
02-20-14, 06:41 PM
Have a look in this thread for the different boxes: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41733-Fashion-Master-Box
Mainly look at the 4th and 3rd place items, because realistically you will end up with one of them, so make sure you're happy with what's in it before you risk opening it.
Personally I love the Fairy Tale chest. I was lucky and got 2 of the 3rd place Swan Princesses out of that one and the fairy plant and harp that are 4th place. I bought the fountain when it was offered out of the box.
These days I don't tend to open boxes at all and rather spend my gems on LTO's or gem items released with the update, simply because then I know exactly what I'm getting rather than gambling and ending up with something I wouldn't want or multiples of the same item. But it's all up to you.
Hope I've helped and good luck! If you do open one let me know what you got!

PinkPixiShop
02-25-14, 08:28 AM
I've said this before and I still think it is sound advice for someone looking to gamble 24 gems away: make absolutely sure you would be satisfied with any of the potential prizes awarded in a given box. Knowing the odds are high that you will "win" a 3rd or 4th place gift means you should actually like said gifts.

To answer your question, I have been very happy with the following purchases:

Japanese Box - the garden tea is lovely!
Heart Box - lots of nice lower place prizes and some wonderful 2nd and 1st place if you happen to win
Victorian Box - this one has that pretty mannequin wearing one of the catalog dresses
Formal Box - this one produced the nice "Formal Mannequin" I like so much
Surprise Box - this is the one I acquired the darling horse and carriage floor display ... love it
Picnic Rose - several pieces I am happy to have from this box ... good accent items
True Love - my most recent gamble at winning something fun for the shop. Got the Gazebo! Most excellent. :)

Bottom line is it is not a sure thing. You might end up with items for your avatar. Some people are happy with this but I prefer to win things for the shop. You may also win the same item several times before landing whatever it is you hope to get from the box.

Good luck and happy shopping!

CuteTali
02-25-14, 11:52 AM
My favorite boxes that I've spent the most money on:

Heart Box
True Love
Picnice Rose
Luau

Both the valentine's boxes have some really cute items, even if you get a bunch of 4th place prizes and same with the picnic rose box. The Luau box I've only tried to get 1st prize from, but never got it despite trying many times.

angelmama24
02-25-14, 12:26 PM
I think it also depends on how you design your shop. For example, I have both a NYC area (small at the moment, but to be expanded soon) and a Paris area, so I bough a few New York and Paris boxes. I also have a Victorian area, so I bought quite a few Victorian boxes.

dalula
02-25-14, 05:32 PM
If you like avatar items, the Magic box would be the best. I believe it has the most avatar items out of all the boxes and they are fairly easy to get. (3rd and 4th prizes, the bubble dress is 1st and the diva pants are 2nd)

andromedablack
02-25-14, 06:18 PM
For me the best box is the surprise box,but that's just my personal taste. I'd be happy with anything from this box except 1 item. (And of course when I decided to open it I got that one item)
Whatever you decide I wish you good luck! :)