PDA

View Full Version : New in the store - Mermaid Pond - 160 gems

outhouse01
02-19-14, 03:55 PM
Has anyone seen the new addition in the store?

edit(KP) Adding information

Just collected from it for the first time, I got 4 MS and 3 water.

5 hr collection time 3x3 in size

madz1303
02-19-14, 03:58 PM
Yes, it's beautiful!

meme1098
02-19-14, 04:04 PM
Yea, here it is:

http://i57.tinypic.com/sgjrt3.jpg

dolla525
02-19-14, 04:10 PM
Yea, here it is:

http://i57.tinypic.com/sgjrt3.jpg

Wow thats beautiful.. What is the time for collection and what do we get from it other tahn the scales. Worth buying???

vontalken
02-19-14, 04:17 PM
5 hr collection time 3x3 in size

meme1098
02-19-14, 04:29 PM
I'm holding off until after the update tomorrow.

vontalken
02-19-14, 04:33 PM
granted it may be the objective of tomorrows update, but i don't mind having two if that is the case :) i seem to always be in need of scales.
Given this and the reported Level gains, they may have deployed the update early by mistake. This means either a restore to previous time or let it roll :)

CottageRose
02-19-14, 04:40 PM
Beautiful. Not sure where I could fit it though ... Time to start rethinking kingdom design again. :)

vednir
02-19-14, 04:48 PM
I bought a pond, it's 160 gems better spent on that than a gem trap.

marse66
02-19-14, 05:00 PM
I went and bought the mermaid pond and wish I would have waited until the update tomorrow... Hope we don't have a quest to purchase one.. No room for two and gems would be gone..

brdwybaby
02-19-14, 05:17 PM
Finally a mermaid! We've had scales since the beginning, so it didn't make sense not to have a mermaid to go with it. Can't wait to buy it next paycheck!

paisdelasmaravillas
02-19-14, 05:24 PM
In the description tells about a mermaid princess Lorelei. There's a new quest line tomorrow about it? Is posible to obtain mermaid pond in a quest?

zoeee87
02-19-14, 05:46 PM
Exciting!

parlski
02-19-14, 05:53 PM
it does seem a bit big. I'll most likely but one though.

CottageRose
02-19-14, 06:41 PM
I'd be disappointed if it was the size of normal ponds. A girl needs room to swim. :)

OrangeSlice1
02-19-14, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know yet about the drops? I'm guessing it varies, but I wonder just how many scales it could drop at once.

traxle
02-19-14, 07:22 PM
I am level 50 and was able to buy 9 more farm plots. I, too will wait for the mermaid pond. I think it's going to be part of the quest line.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-14, 07:24 PM
OMG OMG OMG! ...*squeal like a girl!* lol...soooo excited!! It's beautiful! ...gosh, sitting on pins & needles to buy tomorrow, OMG!!! (Do I have the willpower to wait????) lol *squeal again*

vontalken
02-19-14, 09:16 PM
first collection!!! 2 water 3 mermaid scales and exp. collection icon is the same as a pond and he fishes out the goodies the same as well.

midnightmeerkat
02-19-14, 09:28 PM
first collection!!! 2 water 3 mermaid scales and exp. collection icon is the same as a pond and he fishes out the goodies the same as well.

What's the time between collections?

vontalken
02-19-14, 09:33 PM
5 hours

midnightmeerkat
02-19-14, 09:39 PM
5 hours

Triple_K
02-19-14, 10:55 PM
Just collected from it for the first time, I got 4 MS and 3 water.

m1stery
02-20-14, 02:01 AM
OMG I didn't even see this. As soon as I saw this post I rushed to my store to see if I have it. I bought it without thinking a second. :D Now I finally have a reliable source for scales. I was always struggling with those.

onemansmiracle
02-20-14, 02:43 AM
It's very expensive,but pretty and useful. It has cleared my months of gem savings,but it's about time to spend.

sabrinashal
02-20-14, 02:48 AM
why dont you guys just wait for the next update? it could be there and maybe free without gems ...

rabsos
02-20-14, 03:01 AM
Yeah I'm waiting....it's Thursday I'm super excited to see what's new coming up especially with the new level ups yay!!!

rubyjeen
02-20-14, 03:21 AM
why dont you guys just wait for the next update? it could be there and maybe free without gems ...

I think it's so beautiful and I wanted it now! I had just over amount of gems required, so I went ahead and got it. Now I have to put myself on restriction. Lol.

jannywanny86
02-20-14, 04:27 AM
blah :( don't buy gems no fair

vontalken
02-20-14, 08:37 AM
Hurray! second drop results: 4 mermaid scales and 2 water.
So far it appears to be about 3-4 scales and 3-4 water every 5 hours. Excellent! This is perfect for keeping up with my Lumin Essence making needs for Dark Cave Adventures :)

EllieTheBeeEater
02-20-14, 09:01 AM
I'm considering buying one as well as waiting for the quest - I did that with the glimmerdust trove and didn't regret it! This is a lot more gems though. But mermaid scales are the toughest resource by far so would be worth it I think!

I have a gold trade giving me 5 gems around an hour after the update is due, and then I'd have 40 so would only need a ?2.99 120 gem purchase... hmm, we'll see what the update says first. So excited!

marse66
02-20-14, 10:16 AM
So far I have received 3 or 4 mermaid scales every 5 hours but at least guaranteed.

Liloze
02-20-14, 10:20 AM
Bought it, I do not think TL will make players pay gems for a quest ! Not all of us buy gems! I LOVE IT, now am waiting to collect scales bcz I am always short on the mermaid scales ALWAYS. Thank you TL, this one is awesome! :D

Liloze
02-20-14, 10:22 AM
So far I have received 3 or 4 mermaid scales every 5 hours but at least guaranteed.

Absolutely! I was losing energy on the ponds and getting nothing not even fish lol.

vednir
02-20-14, 10:26 AM

I think for something as important as mermaid scales you can easily justify having two of the ponds.

celphyn
02-20-14, 10:31 AM
I was saving gems for the Fortune Teller but I think Im gonna buy the Mermaid Pond instead. More useful !
60 more gems for me to buy it >.<
And need to find a place for it too =/
Thanks TL ^^

jimboser
02-20-14, 10:42 AM
I do the Meat Trade fairly often, and I'm always low on fish as a result. 6 wells, 3 ponds, I collect from these frequently, and am always having extra scales.

If this is part of a goal, I'll gladly take it.

crystalrayn3
02-20-14, 12:02 PM
All these new beautiful items ie: mermaid pond, Griselda's fountain, my kingdom's in desperate need of a design overhaul

Melany77
02-20-14, 01:55 PM
Any chance the mermaid pond can drop enchanter's essence or lumin essence? Even just a rare drop?

dizzy7373
02-20-14, 02:16 PM
I have 7 wells and 3 ponds and though I'm not swimming in mermaid scales, I have enough to get a couple of lumins or enchanters a day.
Still undecided about whether to buy it or not,
can anyone say if it is animated?
Does the mermaid move or is it just a statue in the pond?

Liloze
02-20-14, 02:25 PM
I have 7 wells and 3 ponds and though I'm not swimming in mermaid scales, I have enough to get a couple of lumins or enchanters a day.
Still undecided about whether to buy it or not,
can anyone say if it is animated?
Does the mermaid move or is it just a statue in the pond?

No it is not animated, but still is a beautiful building, what I think is rather than wasting 9/ to 10 energies collecting from 10 ponds ( though the fish and water are needed) you can at leadt have a reliable resource for Mermaid scales no matter what every 5 hours ! I kept my 5 ponds and 1 well lol, will need them definitely.

dizzy7373
02-20-14, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, pity its not animated, even just a mermaid popping her head up would be pretty cool.
I will carry on considering the option :)
I'm surprised the latest update didn't require mermaid scales as an ingredient, but that may have been a little soon, so probably next week we will have an update that needs 20 or 30 scales to progress, just to give us a little nudge toward buying one

Liloze
02-20-14, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, pity its not animated, even just a mermaid popping her head up would be pretty cool.
I will carry on considering the option :)
I'm surprised the latest update didn't require mermaid scales as an ingredient, but that may have been a little soon, so probably next week we will have an update that needs 20 or 30 scales to progress, just to give us a little nudge toward buying one

You are welcome :) It would have been awesome, if they did, but still I find it really cool! It happened to me with the Fotune Teller Tent, I kept on delaying until I needed it, lol. Good luck ��

Aggwynn
02-20-14, 02:47 PM

The mermaid you see in the pond is actually a statue made to look like Lorelei =)

EllieTheBeeEater
02-20-14, 03:15 PM
I am the proud owner of one new mermaid pond! It's so pretty. :D

Definitely feel it's worth spending gems to get a reliable source, like the maple trees for sap, the glimmerdust troves, the red trillium.

I have 4 regular ponds and 4 wells but it was still a real struggle getting enough scales - I can't wait to collect from my new mermaid pond in the morning!

nmdgames
02-20-14, 03:42 PM
Does the 1st shard increase the drops from the mermaid pond like it does for the wells and ponds?

EllieTheBeeEater
02-20-14, 03:57 PM
Does the 1st shard increase the drops from the mermaid pond like it does for the wells and ponds?

Good point!

Speaking of shards, how many are there in total? Is it 4? I have the alchemy, aquifers, anatomy and agriculture, I'm guessing that's it? Maybe that will be added to one day :)

m1stery
02-20-14, 04:29 PM
Good point!

Speaking of shards, how many are there in total? Is it 4? I have the alchemy, aquifers, anatomy and agriculture, I'm guessing that's it? Maybe that will be added to one day :)

Yep, that would be all 4 of them. Maybe one day we'll get some more.

EllieTheBeeEater
02-21-14, 01:00 AM
Yep, that would be all 4 of them. Maybe one day we'll get some more.

Thanks for replying :) maybe they're trying to think of more words beginning with A :D

dalexxx
02-21-14, 09:49 AM
I have the first shard completed and my first collection on the mermaid pond gave me two scales only :: (

Triple_K
02-21-14, 10:52 AM
I collected from the mermaid pond like about 5 times total so far. First collect gave me a good drop of 4 MS, second collect 3 MS, and the last 3 times I got just 2 MS. Pretty lousy for a 160 gem pond I think. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of a mermaid pond but if this is the drop rate it kinda outweighs the buy especially considering a 5 hour wait.

Others having better drops?

Triple_K
02-21-14, 10:54 AM
Any chance the mermaid pond can drop enchanter's essence or lumin essence? Even just a rare drop?

I love this idea!

m1stery
02-21-14, 11:16 AM

This is a brilliant idea!!! Love it :D
When Maple Tree was fist released it didn't drop Syrup, but someone on the forum thought of that, and TeamLava changed it so now we get Syrup from Maple Tree. It would be cool if they would change this for the Mermaid Pond :D

But my question is .. will it drop syrup as rare drop?
Otherwise, what the difference btw the maple n the sap tree.

OMG I love this idea, of course the Maple Tree should drop syrup sometimes... Maple trees might see a tiny update once the holidays are over... :)

Let's hope Glimmergate likes this idea, too :)

Liloze
02-21-14, 11:50 AM
I collected from the mermaid pond like about 5 times total so far. First collect gave me a good drop of 4 MS, second collect 3 MS, and the last 3 times I got just 2 MS. Pretty lousy for a 160 gem pond I think. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of a mermaid pond but if this is the drop rate it kinda outweighs the buy especially considering a 5 hour wait.

Collected from my pond 3 times and got 2 each time, but I am not complaining since I have noticed an increase in MS from the regular ponds and wells.
For the last month I was struggling to get ONE MS from each pond / day !
Once I got the Mermaid Pond I am getting at least one 1 from each pond every other time!

Guess they got jealous ! lol

Triple_K
02-21-14, 01:06 PM
Collected from my pond 3 times and got 2 each time, but I am not complaining since I have noticed an increase in MS from the regular ponds and wells.
For the last month I was struggling to get ONE MS from each pond / day !
Once I got the Mermaid Pond I am getting at least one 1 from each pond every other time!

Guess they got jealous ! lol

Haha they probably did get jealous. The thing is I got reasonable drops from my ponds and wells so I was kinda thinking 2 from the mermaid pond is not so great. I think it should not be less than 4, you know. But I really love the pond, it's beautiful! And who knows, maybe we'll get special drops like those suggested above :)

mommeeof4
02-21-14, 01:30 PM
I force closed, restarted, and uninstalled and reinstalled.... Still no mermaid pond for me. I am level 44... Also my energy is still capped at 40.
Is this update still being rolled out?
Thanks!

MiniLaura
02-21-14, 01:34 PM
I force closed, restarted, and uninstalled and reinstalled.... Still no mermaid pond for me. I am level 44... Also my energy is still capped at 40.
Is this update still being rolled out?
Thanks!
Everyone should have it now. Are you sure you looked in the right place? Go to the Market, look under Nature and scroll to the second page.

katbtodd
02-21-14, 01:47 PM

So far just getting2 scales and 3 waters

mommeeof4
02-21-14, 03:06 PM
Everyone should have it now. Are you sure you looked in the right place? Go to the Market, look under Nature and scroll to the second page.

Thanks MiniLaura! I looked everywhere but there! I looked in Featured, buildings, and decorations. Lol
How about the energy increase? I am still at 40...?

MiniLaura
02-21-14, 03:09 PM
Thanks MiniLaura! I looked everywhere but there! I looked in Featured, buildings, and decorations. Lol
How about the energy increase? I am still at 40...?

No energy increase--just the energy crates for people who skipped levels.

-Energy Rewards: Available to players that reached Levels 33, 36, 40, 45, and 50
Check your Quest Log and open up the congratulatory quest(s)! Read through it and then hit "Accept" when you ready. Then, go into your Inventory to place the Energy Crate you received from completing the quest. Chop down the Energy Crate and pick up the Energy reward!

mommeeof4
02-21-14, 03:16 PM
No energy increase--just the energy crates for people who skipped levels.

This has been a really long week for me. Lol.... I just went back to the first page of the update thread, which is where I thought I saw the cap was raised to 50...., It was the level cap that was raised! Haha....
I did get my energy rewards! Thank you again ;)

Liloze
02-21-14, 04:04 PM
Haha they probably did get jealous. The thing is I got reasonable drops from my ponds and wells so I was kinda thinking 2 from the mermaid pond is not so great. I think it should not be less than 4, you know. But I really love the pond, it's beautiful! And who knows, maybe we'll get special drops like those suggested above :)

Lol yes, the thing is I am always short on MS maybe bcz I use them for the Enchanter's Essence and Lumin Essence.
I don't know if all who acquired the pond are getting the same rate as me, I remember reading someobe got more like 4 or 5, in one go!

Oh I love it too, it is so cool! Oh yes that would be great if we'll get special drops, crossing fingers ( hopefully TL would take these suggestions into consideration) :)

Triple_K
02-21-14, 05:41 PM
Lol yes, the thing is I am always short on MS maybe bcz I use them for the Enchanter's Essence and Lumin Essence.
I don't know if all who acquired the pond are getting the same rate as me, I remember reading someobe got more like 4 or 5, in one go!

Oh I love it too, it is so cool! Oh yes that would be great if we'll get special drops, crossing fingers ( hopefully TL would take these suggestions into consideration) :)

I sure do hope they consider it :) fingers crossed too ;)

Triple_K
02-21-14, 05:46 PM
So far just getting2 scales and 3 waters

I hope the drops improve ... less 2 MS per collect but more 4 MS :)

JustKay
02-21-14, 09:35 PM
This is such a beautiful pond, but 160 gems is a bit steep for me. If it was on sale for under 100, I'd get it but right now I don't have that pressing a need for MS.

infinitelove19
02-22-14, 01:50 AM
Thinking about the cost: 160 gems, plus time (5 hours) & space (3x3 squares), it just doesn't seem worthwhile. Definitely needs a bigger (or faster) output of scales & possibly the addition of rare drops (Enchanter's Essence & Lumin Essence) to be worth the price & space. That said, it is very pretty & we definitely need a better source for scales. Just not sure this really qualifies. I mean if we collect 3x per day, leaving less than seven hours for sleep (not realistic) & we average 3 scales per collection (not likely) , that still only gives 9 scales, just shy of the 10 required to make 2 Essences of whatever type we need. For a relatatively high-cost, premium currency ONLY item, and one that takes up too much space to reasonably have multiples of, it definitely needs some tweaking!! That said, I am glad it is available & look forward to some tweaks! ;-)

Then I'll definitely buy it!!!

jessicattt
02-22-14, 02:30 AM
I was getting mermaid scales from the normal pond and wells pretty much on every drop, but now this has been released I haven't had a single one :( this isn't fair for those who can't afford to buy the new pond.

vitriolicheart
02-22-14, 02:53 AM
I was getting mermaid scales from the normal pond and wells pretty much on every drop, but now this has been released I haven't had a single one :( this isn't fair for those who can't afford to buy the new pond.

I don't have the new pond but I'm still getting lots of mermaid scales from my ordinary wells and ponds. You're just being unlucky I think.

MiniLaura
02-22-14, 07:31 AM

I don't have the new pond but I'm still getting lots of mermaid scales from my ordinary wells and ponds. You're just being unlucky I think.

And if you really were getting scales on pretty much every drop, then you were extraordinarily lucky before.

jessicattt
02-22-14, 10:01 AM
And if you really were getting scales on pretty much every drop, then you were extraordinarily lucky before.

I did think I was quite lucky. I've always had a full inventory when it comes to mermaid scales. Never mind then!

jerirat
02-22-14, 12:07 PM
Even though I get a decent drop rate from my ponds, I went ahead and sprung for the mermaid pond.

By my calculations it'll take approximately 400 mermaid scales to break on the purchase. This assumes that 1 gem is equal to 60% energy (using the 50 gems for 30 energy purchase), and the drop rate averages at 2 scales per drop.

Also, if you assume 3 drops per day then it will take around 3 months to break even. This assumes that you are using purchased energy for each drop. If you are not using purchased energy than it's closer to two months.

CottageRose
02-22-14, 12:55 PM
With 5 ponds and 6 wells, I mostly manage to have plenty of mermaid scales. However, the new Lorelei mermaid pond was simply too lovely to resist. She's the perfect centerpiece for the Maple trees in my royal gardens.

starbows
02-25-14, 11:31 AM
Thinking about the cost: 160 gems, plus time (5 hours) & space (3x3 squares), it just doesn't seem worthwhile. Definitely needs a bigger (or faster) output of scales & possibly the addition of rare drops (Enchanter's Essence & Lumin Essence) to be worth the price & space. That said, it is very pretty & we definitely need a better source for scales. Just not sure this really qualifies. I mean if we collect 3x per day, leaving less than seven hours for sleep (not realistic) & we average 3 scales per collection (not likely) , that still only gives 9 scales, just shy of the 10 required to make 2 Essences of whatever type we need. For a relatatively high-cost, premium currency ONLY item, and one that takes up too much space to reasonably have multiples of, it definitely needs some tweaking!! That said, I am glad it is available & look forward to some tweaks! ;-)

Then I'll definitely buy it!!!

I totally agree with you. I bought it, but it really isn't worth 160 gems. I get more MS out of any regular pond. Hopefully TL will either improve collection time (20 minutes - like red trillium) or make it give more MS and in addition other rare stuff (like mythic essence, lumin essence and enchanters essence)

AuntyRose32
02-25-14, 11:43 AM
I loved the look of the pond so I bought it, even though I was sure the drop rate wasn't going to be great....and it wasn't. I'm a little disappointed that I only get two scales every five hours, not much help in keeping me in stock. I do love the pond though but definitely think it needs some tweaking, more scales per drop or less time for collection and some lumin essence once in a while wouldn't go amiss either.

JustKay
02-25-14, 10:03 PM

I did think I was quite lucky. I've always had a full inventory when it comes to mermaid scales. Never mind then!

I have one pond and two wells and I get a mermaid scale 2/3 collections most times. Never had a shortage, except maybe in the early days of the game. These day's I'm pretty busy pumping out Enchanters Essence and Lumin potions to keep from hitting the 99 limit and wasting MS. Gotta keep the fish coming in :D

celphyn
02-26-14, 02:43 AM
At first, i was so excited to get the mermaid pond, so im saving gems for it.
Im not lucky when it comes to mermaid scales. I thought the new pond can help me.
But, after you guys comments, feel like it doesn't worth it =[
Even though it's pretty but i don't really wanna waste my gems on it.
The Enchanter's Essence & Lumin Essence's idea is not bad. Reducing the time also.
Now, i have to go back to my pond and wells and hope to get MS >.<

starbows
02-26-14, 10:58 AM
At first, i was so excited to get the mermaid pond, so im saving gems for it.
Im not lucky when it comes to mermaid scales. I thought the new pond can help me.
But, after you guys comments, feel like it doesn't worth it =[
Even though it's pretty but i don't really wanna waste my gems on it.
The Enchanter's Essence & Lumin Essence's idea is not bad. Reducing the time also.
Now, i have to go back to my pond and wells and hope to get MS >.<

Just buy a few more regular ponds. You will get more MS from those and save a lot of gems.

ginrae22
02-26-14, 12:41 PM
Yeah I definitely don't have enough gems for that and even if I did, it sounds like at this point the 160 is really steep for that. I wish that they had made it available to everyone for coins. Oh well.

asikosan
02-26-14, 11:10 PM
Yeah I definitely don't have enough gems for that and even if I did, it sounds like at this point the 160 is really steep for that. I wish that they had made it available to everyone for coins. Oh well.

I AGREE %100!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO BUY GEMS!!!!!
DEVELOPERs DONT THINK ABOUT IT, making it available only to players who can buy gems=(((( not fair...

bluebellgirl68
02-27-14, 10:05 AM
I was weighing up splashing some cash to get the gems for this as mermaid scales are a problem but having read everyone's comments I'm not sure as the drop rate & renewal time don't seem to make it worth it. If I am low on scales I get out my 6 ponds and it doesn't take that long to get back up to max so perhaps I'll leave it a bit and see how things develop. I was also concerned that it might turn up as a quest soon, like the Glimmerdust trove did, I used loads of gems to get one in the shop and then it came up as a quest so I have 2.

stuffedmounts
02-27-14, 04:34 PM
The mermaid pond is a lame purchase if you're looking for mermaid scales. However, it's a cool decoration. I'm not willing to spend 160 gems on it though. At that price they would have to double the drop rate to make it worth it. Or, reduce the gem price.

luna2cute
02-27-14, 07:09 PM
Anyone else notice the drop rate of mermaid scales reduced on regular ponds and wells now that the mermaid pond is out? I used to get them 80% of the time or better! never a shortage. Now I hardly ever get them and it is taking a lot longer to get enough for an enchanters essence crafting.

echowuuu
02-27-14, 11:22 PM
I want to add a second mermaid pond but there is no way for me to find a 3x3 space in my kingdom due to the recent updates. More expansions please...

Liloze
02-28-14, 11:10 AM
Anyone else notice the drop rate of mermaid scales reduced on regular ponds and wells now that the mermaid pond is out? I used to get them 80% of the time or better! never a shortage. Now I hardly ever get them and it is taking a lot longer to get enough for an enchanters essence crafting.

I was in the exact opposite situation to yours my ponds and wells did not cover my constant need for MS and used to get get one or maximum 2 from each one / day

Once I bought the Mermaid Pond, I guess they got jealous of it and now I decently get at least one MS every other collection! :)

luna2cute
02-28-14, 11:57 AM
I was in the exact opposite situation to yours my ponds and wells did not cover my constant need for MS and used to get get one or maximum 2 from each one / day

Once I bought the Mermaid Pond, I guess they got jealous of it and now I decently get at least one MS every other collection! :)

Haha! So I have to buy a mermaid pond for my regular pond to have scales more often. Lol. ;)

Liloze
02-28-14, 12:03 PM
Haha! So I have to buy a mermaid pond for my regular pond to have scales more often. Lol. ;)

Lol :D I guess not, but was just telling what happened with me ;) But now I am thinking of the Mithril Dragon, sigh am 50 gems short but will buy it someday, and I think once I do, Mithril won't be needed as much lol :D;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-28-14, 01:15 PM
Can neighbors "charge" our mermaid pond when they visit, to allow for more scales?
i.e. Will a floating heart appear above it like they appear above the glimmerdust troves?

Liloze
02-28-14, 01:36 PM
Can neighbors "charge" our mermaid pond when they visit, to allow for more scales?
i.e. Will a floating heart appear above it like they appear above the glimmerdust troves?

Nope, As far as I know, Never seen one, and I am a daily player and visitor.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-28-14, 03:55 PM
Nope, As far as I know, Never seen one, and I am a daily player and visitor.
I'm a daily player/visitor too & hadn't spotted any hearts over the mermaid pond anywhere but thought maybe it was already charged & I missed it .... Would be nice if was possible for TL to change it, like the G dust troves. (Hint hint lol)

Liloze
03-01-14, 02:43 PM
I'm a daily player/visitor too & hadn't spotted any hearts over the mermaid pond anywhere but thought maybe it was already charged & I missed it .... Would be nice if was possible for TL to change it, like the G dust troves. (Hint hint lol)

Yep this is a great idea, especially to increase the MS, like with coins buildings ( hint hint lol ) :)

jim23cash
03-02-14, 03:44 AM
I totally agree with you. I bought it, but it really isn't worth 160 gems. I get more MS out of any regular pond. Hopefully TL will either improve collection time (20 minutes - like red trillium) or make it give more MS and in addition other rare stuff (like mythic essence, lumin essence and enchanters essence)
I bought one, and it's really pretty. Thanks for the nice designs TL, you've made some really beautiful items for CS, especially lately with the fairy items!
It's great to have a resource that always gives scales, but I don't feel like it drops enough scales or often enough to justify the expense. I really hope that TL will consider "tweaking" the mermaid pond a little, with some of the suggestions given so far!
Wells only take minutes to recharge, and even if only dropping one every 5th time or so, you can get more scales from a well in less time. It would be nice if the recharge time were shorter, say 1 or 2 hours instead of 5!
The drop rate has been 2-4 scales each time. That seems kinda low to me. You can get 2 from a pond. 5 seems like a better amount for a (large amount of) gems-purchased mermaid pond. Either that OR reduce time so you collect more often.
The rare drop of prepared potions (like the maple syrup from maple tree) sound great. Even if it's a rare drop, it would make the purchase feel like a good deal.
Suggestion:
If the Mermaid Pond recharge time was changed to two (2) hours, and the drop rate stays about the same, with occasional rare potion drops, that would be excellent.
Thanks for listening TL!

ciarjen
03-02-14, 04:47 AM
I bought 3. The third was a bit of an accident because I put gems in my account to buy another wizard school then saw that I was at the limit for that structure so I panicked, not wanting to leave gems sitting there to get lost in a trap, so bought another mermaid ponds. :D

So....I've been looking at the drop rates and monitoring my drops on ordinary wells/ponds and I would say that the mermaid pond is a good buy, and gem-wise on a par with the benefit of a wizard school.

The mermaid pond has 3 collections per day (every 5 hours) and it usually drops 2 scales (occassionally 3 or 4). I am getting a minimum of 7 scales per day with an energy cost of 3 for 3 collections.

Compare that to my ordinary wells/ponds - these are my collection rates for the last few days

Friday - 16 collections X 4 ponds/wells = 16 scales for total energy spent 64 = drop rate 25%
Saturday - 13 collections X 4 ponds/wells = 12 scales for total energy spent 52 = drop rate 23%
Sunday - 3 collections X 4 ponds/wells = 3 scales for total energy spent 12 = drop rate 25%

With an average drop rate of 24%, to equal my guaranteed drop of 7 scales per day from a mermaid pond, I need to spent 29 energy collecting from my ponds/wells. That's 26 more energy than from a mermaid pond.

Considering the mermaid pond is a bit cheaper in gems than a wizard school, the benefit of 26 energy is on a par with the benefit of a (low level )wizard school.

I think the value for money here is in line with other items in the game and I am guessing it has been well thought out by TL :)

tintedshadow
03-03-14, 03:36 AM
I was saving up my gems for a wizard school but now I'm wondering whether to go for the mermaid pond because I never have enough scales, and it looks like we'll be needing to stock up loads for the blythewood quests. Which do you think is better?!

bowlfullofcherries
03-06-14, 04:38 AM
I was reluctant to buy one but tempted all the same. It's lovely, but expensive. I finally cracked when it seemed that I couldn't keep more than twenty scales at a time in my inventory. I'm pretty sure it's a sound investment. It'll just take time to prove itself, I suppose. Not a quick fix by any means.

boxesj
03-10-14, 04:07 PM
I am wondering whether go for the mermaid pond or second wizard school..... The pond seems not that good review, but very pretty and I have got a school already....... Suggestions pls!!!!!

zoo123g
03-10-14, 04:23 PM
would love one.

zoo123g
03-10-14, 04:23 PM
I am wondering whether go for the mermaid pond or second wizard school..... The pond seems not that good review, but very pretty and I have got a school already....... Suggestions pls!!!!!

second wizard school. more energy woo hooo :)

boxesj
03-10-14, 04:38 PM
Actually I now tend to have a mermaid pond and also get a multi coloured hedge to collect pedals for green house..... That's good idea? Get pond first then save 8 more for the hedge....:p

starbows
03-11-14, 03:05 AM
Mermaid pond is the same as having some wells or regular ponds. Wells can be crafted and regular ponds cost only coins. Save your gems for something better. The hedge is more useful.

ciarjen
03-11-14, 03:12 AM

It depends how important mermaid scales are to you. You'll get extra energy from a wizard school to spend on what you want but you could spend all that energy just getting the mermaid scales you get per day in a pond.

If you are desperate for scales, I would get the pond first, then save up next for the wizard school. If you are not so desperate on scales, get the wizard school first and you have the flexibility to use the energy on what you want.

I have 3 mermaid ponds and now I have to craft stuff to stop myself maxing out on the scales. After struggling so long to get scales, that's actually a nice situation to be in :)

boxesj
03-11-14, 04:24 AM
Thanks. I had a thought last night and got the mermaid pond in the end. I am always desperate for scales and it just looks so nice....

midgetsocks
03-11-14, 01:14 PM
Thank you TL for this. Now I'm able to make at least one essence per day depending on how often I check on the pond, AND it's sooo lovely! Bought gems for this and also went in for a wizard school. Not disappointed ��

starbows
03-12-14, 11:22 AM
It depends how important mermaid scales are to you. You'll get extra energy from a wizard school to spend on what you want but you could spend all that energy just getting the mermaid scales you get per day in a pond.

If you are desperate for scales, I would get the pond first, then save up next for the wizard school. If you are not so desperate on scales, get the wizard school first and you have the flexibility to use the energy on what you want.

I have 3 mermaid ponds and now I have to craft stuff to stop myself maxing out on the scales. After struggling so long to get scales, that's actually a nice situation to be in :)

You can get mermaid scales from a mermaid pond only every 5 hours, while from a regular pond or well there is a chance of getting scales every 10 minutes - so within 5 hours I get 2-4 scales from 1 mermaid pond (160 gems/5 hours collection interval) but I get around 20 scales from 5 regular ponds (2,300 coins per pond/10 minutes collection interval).

While regular ponds do not drop scales every time and if they do it is just one, in the long run regular ponds are much more efficient. Except, of course, you have lots of gems and no coins.

meme1098
03-12-14, 12:07 PM
I didn't get it either and I'm doing just fine collecting from my wells & ponds.

starbows
03-12-14, 12:33 PM
I didn't get it either and I'm doing just fine collecting from my wells & ponds.
I bought it in one of my castles but it does not help at all. So I am a little biased :-)
But I admit, it takes less space than a few wells or regular ponds. And less energy to collect.

midgetsocks
03-12-14, 01:53 PM
Now if only there was a reliable resource from which to obtain *fish*... :)

oliverrr11
03-17-14, 09:37 PM
I finally got a mermaid pond and I like it. Due to lack of space, I had to store my cathedral to fit it in. It doesn't matter much though- the kingdomfolk weren't using it. (Except on some occasional religious holidays).

Anaboe
04-03-14, 08:51 AM
I have 1 well and 6 pond, and am never short on scales so no mermaid pond for.

CharmOfLea
10-31-14, 12:21 PM
Hi! I'm still new to this game. So a quick question for the more experienced players here: was the mermaid pond ever upgraded? Are there any rare drops? Or is the only reward mermaid scales plus water. I'm wondering if it's a good gem investment for me. Thanks!

SpiritWind00
11-05-14, 03:40 AM
Hi! I'm still new to this game. So a quick question for the more experienced players here: was the mermaid pond ever upgraded? Are there any rare drops? Or is the only reward mermaid scales plus water. I'm wondering if it's a good gem investment for me. Thanks!

The mermaid pond is exactly the same as when you buy it, so no you don't upgrade it. It drops the 3 different types of fish and multiple scales and water. I like the pond and collect from it daily, not every time, but it does gets used. There are quite a few threads about good gem investments if you want to check them out under Discussions. :)

CharmOfLea
11-08-14, 04:45 AM
The mermaid pond is exactly the same as when you buy it, so no you don't upgrade it. It drops the 3 different types of fish and multiple scales and water. I like the pond and collect from it daily, not every time, but it does gets used. There are quite a few threads about good gem investments if you want to check them out under Discussions. :)
Thank u very much for responding, Sprint! I wasn't aware it drops fish as well. It definitely remains on my wish/to get list. Right next to a Wizard School, for I'm suspecting as I progress a second one is unevitable, lol. So much to figure out in this game, I love the complexity. Thanks again for helping me out. XOXO