PDA

View Full Version : Question about RVC

carabellexo
02-19-14, 02:23 AM
I am only cooking Red Velvet Cake (RVC) to earn coins quick to get my expansions etc.

It's is selling out great and I'm not complaining but what's the trick to keep it on your counter until the next batch is ready?

Would love to hear your ideas. Or what you do.

jim23cash
02-19-14, 03:51 AM
Someone on another thread suggested making some watermelon cakes to go w RVC, because of the number of servings it makes. I don't know what proportions or anything, but it does make a very large amount for 12 hours.
You could check the threads on how to make more money, they discuss these things a lot.

PepperWoo
02-19-14, 10:02 AM
If you have more than 18 ovens and you make the same amount of RVC as to the number of plates you can sell in 22 hours then you're good. But if you're like me with only 18 ovens, here's what I do - I take account of how many plates I sell in 24 hours then divide it by 1,340 (that's an estimate from 1,225 (servings equal to one oven of RVC) divided by 22 (no. of hours you want one oven or counter of RVC to sell out in preparation for the next batch) multiplied by 24 (hours per day)), and that's the number of counters that I need to display in order for my RVC to sell out before the next batch is done.

I have an inefficient table design so I only make around 37,000 servings per day as opposed to the default 43,000 servings. Since I have lots of other food, that means I must have 27 counters total if I want all my RVC counters to sell out in 22 hours, no more (you might not sell everything) and no less (you might run out too fast). I did that for a few weeks and was able to empty my RVC counters right before the next batch is ready, but right now I have more than 27 counters because of the goals so I'm not selling out all of my spread out RVCs. xD But of course, you can work around that idea if you want to put two ovens worth of RVC (2450 servings) in one counter instead. The number of counters you'll need is equal to the number of plates you can sell in 24 hrs divided by 2,680 (estimate from 2,450 divided by 22 multiplied by 24).

carabellexo
02-19-14, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your replies :)

Does it work is you block the door whist cooking or just that just make a quick sale? Does it matter if the happiness rating goes down whilst trying to build up food?

(Sorry, about all the questions)

carabellexo
02-19-14, 10:27 AM
If you have more than 18 ovens and you make the same amount of RVC as to the number of plates you can sell in 22 hours then you're good. But if you're like me with only 18 ovens, here's what I do - I take account of how many plates I sell in 24 hours then divide it by 1,340 (that's an estimate from 1,225 (servings equal to one oven of RVC) divided by 22 (no. of hours you want one oven or counter of RVC to sell out in preparation for the next batch) multiplied by 24 (hours per day)), and that's the number of counters that I need to display in order for my RVC to sell out before the next batch is done.

I have an inefficient table design so I only make around 37,000 servings per day as opposed to the default 43,000 servings. Since I have lots of other food, that means I must have 27 counters total if I want all my RVC counters to sell out in 22 hours, no more (you might not sell everything) and no less (you might run out too fast). I did that for a few weeks and was able to empty my RVC counters right before the next batch is ready, but right now I have more than 27 counters because of the goals so I'm not selling out all of my spread out RVCs. xD But of course, you can work around that idea if you want to put two ovens worth of RVC (2450 servings) in one counter instead. The number of counters you'll need is equal to the number of plates you can sell in 24 hrs divided by 2,680 (estimate from 2,450 divided by 22 multiplied by 24).

I only have 18 ovens but I'm selling out by evening. Need to try and block the customers from coming in lol I have nothing on my counter.. :S

PepperWoo
02-19-14, 10:37 AM
I heard about the quick sale thing, but I haven't experienced it. Since you have nothing on your counters, you can't lose any food now so I guess no harm in blocking? xD As for the happiness rating, if it's down then less people will come into your bakery = less number of plates sold per day so it helps you build up food. Try minimizing your accessible tables to less than 26 if you want to lower the rating (I heard that's the number of customers that come at a time) since it's better to have unhappy customers than risking a quick sale and get nothing in return.

carabellexo
02-19-14, 10:37 AM
In my experience, the quick sales when the door is blocked only happens on certain levels. I was having a huge problem keeping food on my counters until one of my expansions, then the problem was fixed. One trick that did work for me though was not only did I block my door, but I also stored my chairs. Even ghost customers need a place to sit. BTW, this did not make my rating go down. Hope this helps!

I have just seen this seen at another thread. Has this worked for anyone else?

carabellexo
02-19-14, 02:42 PM
I've done this. This way my food won't quit sale instead I will just get unhappy customers while I build my food up.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x399/Pudsey92/8e2f4406448cac29d75294ce45b4eb5c.jpg

AnnasCoffee
02-19-14, 04:22 PM
I am only cooking Red Velvet Cake...

It's is selling out ... but what's the trick to keep it on your counter until the next batch is ready?

Would love to hear your ideas. Or what you do.

Red Velvet Cake is mentioned a LOT on this forum. It's a GREAT recipe IF you have a lot of "old" food. (but you dont have any other food, right?). After your bakery has "sold out" RVC is no longer the best recipe (unless you have like 28 appliances).

If you have an empty bakery (meaning no "old" food) and 18 appliances, then your like me! there are other recipes/recipe combinations that would give you more money than RVC and keep your bakery stocked at all times.

Right now your cooking Red Velevt Cake (on 18 appliances, once per day) it gives you 154,800 coins profit* per day and 22,050 servings a day.

Instead you could make Earl Grey Tea (on 18 appliances, cooked once per day) gives you 159,480 coins profit* per day and 27,180 servings per day, so your still going to run out of food but you'll make more money with EGT.

So just by switching from RVC to EGT you will make more money and have a little more food. But you can do more to make even more money if you want....

Since RVC and EGT take 22 hours you have 2 hours to cook more food. The best recipe is Jasmine Tea, it only takes an hour and it gives an additional 21,240 coins profit* and another 14,850 servings of food.

So if you cook EGT and Jasmine Tea you're total is 180,720 profit* and 42,030 servings of food. You might need a little cappuccino gifted from neighbors but you won't need to block your door.

There is a way to make even more money, but I don't use it... it's Hot Apple Cider (16 hour) then Ginger Bread Cookies (6 hour). It makes about 186,000 coins profit* per day. But, like i said I dont cook these foods, because 16 hour recipes don't work with my real life and I don't want to cook fall/Christmas food all year.

*profit = income minus the cost to cook the food

carabellexo
02-20-14, 12:43 AM
Red Velvet Cake is mentioned a LOT on this forum. It's a GREAT recipe IF you have a lot of "old" food. (but you dont have any other food, right?). After your bakery has "sold out" RVC is no longer the best recipe (unless you have like 28 appliances).

If you have an empty bakery (meaning no "old" food) and 18 appliances, then your like me! there are other recipes/recipe combinations that would give you more money than RVC and keep your bakery stocked at all times.

Right now your cooking Red Velevt Cake (on 18 appliances, once per day) it gives you 154,800 coins profit* per day and 22,050 servings a day.

Instead you could make Earl Grey Tea (on 18 appliances, cooked once per day) gives you 159,480 coins profit* per day and 27,180 servings per day, so your still going to run out of food but you'll make more money with EGT.

So just by switching from RVC to EGT you will make more money and have a little more food. But you can do more to make even more money if you want....

Since RVC and EGT take 22 hours you have 2 hours to cook more food. The best recipe is Jasmine Tea, it only takes an hour and it gives an additional 21,240 coins profit* and another 14,850 servings of food.

So if you cook EGT and Jasmine Tea you're total is 180,720 profit* and 42,030 servings of food. You might need a little cappuccino gifted from neighbors but you won't need to block your door.

There is a way to make even more money, but I don't use it... it's Hot Apple Cider (16 hour) then Ginger Bread Cookies (6 hour). It makes about 186,000 coins profit* per day. But, like i said I dont cook these foods, because 16 hour recipes don't work with my real life and I don't want to cook fall/Christmas food all year.

*profit = income minus the cost to cook the food

Thank you so much for this. This has really helped me :)