PDA

View Full Version : Dragons and Alicorns

brdwybaby
02-17-14, 02:53 AM
So I noticed something that's kinda bugging me...and wondered if anyone else has the same issue?

Going to my neighbor's kingdoms or kingdoms at random, I notice A LOT have AN ABSOLUTE TON of Dragons and/or Alicorns. I know you get the special materials needed to craft these through journeys, but I only have one of each. I've never had an epic journey drop any more of the needed materials for me. In fact, it took me from FEBRUARY to DECEMBER of 2013 to collect just ONE Alicorn wing and horn each. I even wrote to the support staff begging them to take the Alicorn quest off my quest log around October because I was so tired of being reminded of my failure. Unless my neighbors are spending an obscene amount of real money on gems to buy these materials, journeys pay off a much greater reward for them than they do for me. And trust me, it's not because I don't play enough. My phone is glued to my side and this game is why the battery is always low, lol. I check it every chance I get to keep things speedy and up-to-date. It's my favorite app. So I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar shortage or payoff of journey drops?

Thanks!

(Add me if ya want!)

jim23cash
02-17-14, 03:35 AM
There is a whole thread of people who are still waiting to get their first part, or second part. I was one of them until December, when the Polaris quest gave us higher chances for a drop, and I got my first (...and 2nd...)
I think if you search Alicorn, you will probably find the thread.
You probably Don't want to look at the "Who has the Most Alicorns" Thread.
Good Luck!

brdwybaby
02-17-14, 06:10 AM
Awesome, thanks! Just wanted to see if people were in the same boat as me. I must be neighbors with quite a lucky few, lol.

CottageRose
02-17-14, 10:15 AM
Although you may indeed have some lucky neighbors, it is also quite true that many people buy gems, even in large amounts, and spend them however they please in CS. Some find it therapeutic, some escape from serious illnesses, and some are housebound and have CS as their only avenue for fun.

If nobody bought gems, CS could not exist. There is no ever present, annoying advertising in the game. Appreciate those who "spend obscene amounts of real money"; this allows others to spend little or none. I'm always looking for games like this one, and they are few and far between. Relaxing, engaging, friendly neighbors ... no battles or fights ... no stress.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It just feels like I have seen a lot of posts lately from people who want everything right now, want it for free, and think this is hard. Life is stressful and hard - this is simply a game. It's important to keep things in perspective.

Mylly2
02-17-14, 01:23 PM
Well said about the game being therapeutic CottageRose.
Out of all the TL games, CS is my favourite. The players are helpful, the forum is funny-so much character and banter. A good game mixed with quick goals and long term game play.

meme1098
02-17-14, 02:35 PM
And a story to boot. I spend way too much time on this game.:rolleyes:

brdwybaby
02-17-14, 07:14 PM
Although you may indeed have some lucky neighbors, it is also quite true that many people buy gems, even in large amounts, and spend them however they please in CS. Some find it therapeutic, some escape from serious illnesses, and some are housebound and have CS as their only avenue for fun.

If nobody bought gems, CS could not exist. There is no ever present, annoying advertising in the game. Appreciate those who "spend obscene amounts of real money"; this allows others to spend little or none. I'm always looking for games like this one, and they are few and far between. Relaxing, engaging, friendly neighbors ... no battles or fights ... no stress.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. It just feels like I have seen a lot of posts lately from people who want everything right now, want it for free, and think this is hard. Life is stressful and hard - this is simply a game. It's important to keep things in perspective.

I'm sorry if anyone mistook what I said as offensive. I spend tons more than I should on this game on a monthly basis. Buying the gems to purchase Griselda's Fountain is one reason why I have less money in my bank account than what I should. I DO spend money on these games. I was merely stating that if someone were to purchase enough gems to buy all the horns and wings needed to craft 30+ Alicorns/Dragons...that amount would be obscene! If they want to do that and have the means, fine! That's their prerogative. However, it would still be a very large bill. That's all I was saying. That it would cost a lot.

As for wanting something now and for free, no. I've been working for weeks to get enough adamant just to get my Faerie Respite to level 3 when almost everyone else I encounter is already done. I do think the amount needed to build it is extravagant when it's a rare drop AND takes two days to craft. But I didn't complain...I kept working. I'm still working. I was merely wondering if people were getting more rare drops than I was, since I see so many neighbors with a vast amount of these creatures. I didn't know if my game was *****ing me. That's all. So until you know someone's intentions, you can't really tell them to keep things in perspective. Sorry if that sounded rude, it's just how I felt.

CottageRose
02-17-14, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry if anyone mistook what I said as offensive. I spend tons more than I should on this game on a monthly basis. Buying the gems to purchase Griselda's Fountain is one reason why I have less money in my bank account than what I should. I DO spend money on these games. I was merely stating that if someone were to purchase enough gems to buy all the horns and wings needed to craft 30+ Alicorns/Dragons...that amount would be obscene! If they want to do that and have the means, fine! That's their prerogative. However, it would still be a very large bill. That's all I was saying. That it would cost a lot.

As for wanting something now and for free, no. I've been working for weeks to get enough adamant just to get my Faerie Respite to level 3 when almost everyone else I encounter is already done. I do think the amount needed to build it is extravagant when it's a rare drop AND takes two days to craft. But I didn't complain...I kept working. I'm still working. I was merely wondering if people were getting more rare drops than I was, since I see so many neighbors with a vast amount of these creatures. I didn't know if my game was *****ing me. That's all. So until you know someone's intentions, you can't really tell them to keep things in perspective. Sorry if that sounded rude, it's just how I felt.
I'm not offended by your response. I am simply pointing out that people really are spending far more money than you may have thought was realistic. I do not believe any kingdom with vast amounts of alicorns/dragons (30+) has drop rates that high on a regular, ongoing basis. Having two dozen Alicorns would require both a wing and a horn to drop on average every 15 days, consistently for the last 12 months. Not happening.

With regards to the Fairy Respite, I can't speak for anyone else, but mine is complete because I already had 99 each of most of the normal items needed to build the levels, like flower petals, along with at least a couple more mithril and adamant than were needed, acquired through mining and occasional crafting of mithril before this quest ever came along. (The hardest part for me was the Faeriebulb seeds, remedied by growing glimmerbulbs just for the seeds, even though I had 99 glimmerbulbs.)

I am now working on the royal maze (Greselda's Beautiful Dark Garden). At least 4 of my neighbors had the maze done in less than 48 hours. It's clear to me that they gemmed through the quests. I'm happy for them, and for me. Once I saw their lvl 2 mazes, I realized my maze had to move to the far side, with significant rearranging, so that it would not clash with the softer garden around the castle whenever I have grown the necessary random dark plants. One of my neighbors asked how I had enough piles of seeds to build the first level - I had quite a few left over from the previous quest that used piles of seeds, so only needed a few more. I always try to build or collect a few extra of whatever the items are. Now it's true I have useless things like an extra animal turkey suit, but I also have extra things that may get used again like flower bouquets, flower pots, Polaris logs and tiles, etc.

These are all reasons why some kingdoms may move faster than others. Occam's Razor suggests the simplest explanation is usually the most likely. In this case, the most likely explanation by far is that you have many neighbors that buy a lot of gems. In any case, I wish you the best in collecting for more Alicorns, building your faerie respite, etc.

brdwybaby
02-17-14, 09:47 PM
I just wanted to make sure that I didn't offend you, because that is certainly not what I meant. I'm glad that I didn't come off that way.

cloudsail
02-17-14, 11:43 PM
This may seem hard to believe for some people but there are plenty of people willing to spend thousands of dollars on these games. CS is actually less lucrative (I'm guessing) because of the target audience. Games that are aimed toward more of a male audience with more hard-core gamers make a LOT of money from in-app purchases. It used to amaze me that there were so many people willing to spend so much on little mobile games.

crystalrayn3
02-18-14, 11:11 AM
I'm guilty of funding more than just a single TL employee pension plan. This & other TL games help to keep me sane in a household full of men so I figure it's ok to splurge a little. They don't complain because a cranky wife & grumpy momma make for a frightening experience. Even the dogs have been known to seek shelter under the bed when they hear momma grumbling LOL :-D

TinksThots
03-27-14, 08:43 AM
It's downright ridiculous what people spend money on, whether it's hard-earned or not, I mean really - ninety minutes in a smelly, sticky movie theater surrounded by smelly, sticky, noisemaking movie wreckers, magazines they're just gonna toss in a few hours and forget what they read anyway, pseudo-food that's gonna go straight to the hips, this and that trinket thingies and random omglookatit junk because that dust needs more nooks and crannies to bury itself in... Wait what?http://i44.tinypic.com/2vt347k.jpg

What I'm saying here is that everyone has their guilty pleasures they throw a little cash at once in a while, so why not save a tree or a chore or a couple hundred calories and instead give yourself a little cluster of pixels that's gonna give you the same shopping endorphin high, but will also keep your pants buttoning comfortably for yet another year. AND maybe even keep rewarding you afterward too, if you get something that gives back, like DS dragons that drop gold instead of coins. (^_^)

I've got three bucks in BS and seven in DS, so I'm ultra-minuscule potatoes here, but that's my input all the same. =P

OHOHOH! AND! A note on the CS dragon gem price, whether you pay real money or not: Don't buy it in the market! Buy its parts though the magic forge, make 10 lumin essence, wait two days, and get it for 180 gems instead of 350. (That's the kind of thing I'm talking about in the next paragraph.)

(For those of you familiar with my big mouth running around these forums spouting off against supporting TL and their corrupt business practices, I still vehemently disagree with their ways of doing many things, but I also believe in spoiling oneself a little in harmless ways now and then, and justify it by the fact that it keeps these games alive, and hope against hope that one day TL will sprout something resembling a heart. *cough*gemtrapselderlypeoplecomeonnow*cough* )

kooky panda
03-27-14, 09:36 AM
So I noticed something that's kinda bugging me...and wondered if anyone else has the same issue?

Going to my neighbor's kingdoms or kingdoms at random, I notice A LOT have AN ABSOLUTE TON of Dragons and/or Alicorns. I know you get the special materials needed to craft these through journeys, but I only have one of each. I've never had an epic journey drop any more of the needed materials for me. In fact, it took me from FEBRUARY to DECEMBER of 2013 to collect just ONE Alicorn wing and horn each. I even wrote to the support staff begging them to take the Alicorn quest off my quest log around October because I was so tired of being reminded of my failure. Unless my neighbors are spending an obscene amount of real money on gems to buy these materials, journeys pay off a much greater reward for them than they do for me. And trust me, it's not because I don't play enough. My phone is glued to my side and this game is why the battery is always low, lol. I check it every chance I get to keep things speedy and up-to-date. It's my favorite app. So I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar shortage or payoff of journey drops?

Thanks!

(Add me if ya want!)

Awesome, thanks! Just wanted to see if people were in the same boat as me. I must be neighbors with quite a lucky few, lol.

Original question has been addressed. Thread has now gone off topic.
Closing..