PDA

View Full Version : selling out fast!

zekewalker
02-16-14, 08:06 AM
So what's been happening in my boutique? I generally close overnight, to keep my racks and counters stocked. It's always worked in the past. However for the last few days, within 10 minutes of opening, I'm completely sold out of everything!! How can I keep my boutique both stocked and open?

kooky panda
02-16-14, 09:08 AM
Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game. It is a work around players have found, but glitches like quick sales can happen.

It is best to not block your door if you want to prevent quick sales.

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

mayennalee
02-19-14, 02:28 PM
Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game. It is a work around players have found, but glitches like quick sales can happen.

It is best to not block your door if you want to prevent quick sales.

Yep. And the glitches can start just randomly and (so far) they dont 'reset' back to not happening. So once you start blocking for so many hours and you lose the clothes you wont be able to do it again (thats been my experience)

The most I can do is close for about 4-6 hrs, which helps a little in the way of restock. Oh, if you have more than one door and a large shop, then take one out. that slows down the sales also as the bots have to walk more than half a dozen paces to get served and get in and out.

meme1098
02-19-14, 03:21 PM
If you need time to restock, just close off a small section with a few tables (use those ghastly pumps from your gifts), racks, mirrors & dressing rooms. It works perfectly for me. There's merchandise for peeps to come in and buy and nobody gets mad.

chocodelites
03-03-14, 03:53 PM
When I need to re-stock I block off a row of items, this way some stuff can sell while I re-stock certain items. Then when they are re-stocked, I do it again to another row of items. Rows meaning, place a row of items up and down the right or left edge of your store, then place another row right next to it, going top to bottom. The first row is blocked off so you can stock it and the outer row they can shop from. This works really well, it will take some time to fill all your racks but you will not run out of full stock. Then play around with the design and block off more then a row of racks or stands to really fill your shop. My one shop has over 2000 items on each rack no need for blocking for a while.

ndtrance
03-04-14, 08:53 AM
Thanks for these suggestions. I've run into the same problem myself where it happened twice in a row. While it was nice to have the money I had nothing to sell. I will try to block off items so I can rebuild my inventory.