PDA

View Full Version : Blocking the Door

prodigals7
02-13-14, 04:24 PM
I have read that some people block the door to their store while they build up inventory. Is this the main purpose?
Also, I have read that people block off a smaller area for customers to shop in and keep the rest of the shop as "inventory" to replenish the smaller area. Could someone explain the benefits?
Thanks so much.
Tami

CuteTali
02-13-14, 04:44 PM
I can tell you why I do it, not sure about others. I have way too much inventory that almost never sells, so I keep the cute looking clothes to sell for later and try to get rid of the ugly boring clothes. The cute section that I keep for later isn't completely useless though, people leave tips there usually. If I could sell everything I have then I wouldn't have to keep a "save for later" area. Fashion and Bakery are two games where sales are crazy slow and cash flow comes in at a pace of a snail. It doesn't take much to "build inventory" really, you might go a week or so if you're completely empty, just order a lot of the same thing and stack it on the same rack, do it like that with at least 12-16 racks and you never have to worry about it anymore. That is, considering you play daily and always have something being ordered, you don't run out.

Edit: Forgot to mention I never actually block my door. What I meant by blocking is blocking off a section of nice looking items for keeps. The door and shopping area is always open. I never run out of stock.

lori11941
02-13-14, 07:11 PM
I blocked my door for the past 5 days to build up my inventory. All of a sudden stuff is leaving my store faster than I can stock it. Today I removed the block. The next time I went to my store, a few hours later, I was greeted with a "You earned $564,000 (or something similar) while you were away." and most of my built up inventory was gone, leaving empty racks. How can I build up my inventory?

jojopeanut
02-13-14, 08:40 PM
When you block your door it can cause quick sale because the game wasn't designed to do so. Best way to stock close of an area to sale with dressing rooms,mirrors,cashier's . In the blocked area use it stock. Where the shoppers are not.

lori11941
02-14-14, 09:04 AM
Thanks.

mollybrown0
02-15-14, 05:33 AM
I tried blocking the door for a while to build up stock on my clothes but it's a very bad idea. Items from your store can go missing and quick sales can happen. Personally, I don't see any benefits from blocking the door, seeing as the admins have said it isn't part of the game. I'd either section off part of my store, or just come back every day and keep ordering new clothes when everything has sold out.

sapphirecross
02-15-14, 07:46 AM
I have read that some people block the door to their store while they build up inventory. Is this the main purpose?
Also, I have read that people block off a smaller area for customers to shop in and keep the rest of the shop as "inventory" to replenish the smaller area. Could someone explain the benefits?
Thanks so much.
Tami

Never block your door, various problems can happen with game losing money or clothes in your store.

SELL EVERYTHING if you want the most money, don't block any racks or counters.

Sales are NOT like BS/RS - there is no max clothes sold per day. The sale rate is tied to number of racks/counters.

Every rack and counter you have will sell about 800-1000 items per day, more or less.

If you want to make over 100k per day you need to have at least 50 racks and counters total, with 800 items on each. It can be 20 racks of the same shoe and 30 racks of the same dress - doesn't matter. More racks and counters = more money. Always.

sapphirecross
02-15-14, 07:59 AM
Oh if you can't log in every day or go on vacation, you need to have more than one day clothes & accessories - so if you want 2 weeks stuff in your store, you need about 12-14,000 items on each rack. If you want to make sure stuff sells out right after a holiday - just multiply number of days you want items in store x 800 and don't go over that on each rack and counter. I have to be gone a lot this month, so most of my valentine stuff is stacked to try to last til march, but I could have easily had it empty by next ties update.

What I do in mine is put out all the design stuff I want and coordinate different racks and counters with different areas, then count them. I keep adding racks or counters til I get 70-80 or so empty ones, then I work on filling them, trying to keep stuff on at least 50 all the time. So I can glance at my store and know if I have a lot empty my money will be down, but if most are full I'm doing okay. You can have over 100 racks/counters with extra order slots - I have neighbors who have over 120. Just figure out how many you can keep stocked, add a few extra, then all the rest of the room is decoration.

CuteTali
02-15-14, 09:26 AM
Sales are NOT like BS/RS - there is no max clothes sold per day. The sale rate is tied to number of racks/counters.

Every rack and counter you have will sell about 800-1000 items per day, more or less.

If you want to make over 100k per day you need to have at least 50 racks and counters total, with 800 items on each. It can be 20 racks of the same shoe and 30 racks of the same dress - doesn't matter. More racks and counters = more money. Always.

This is news to me even after two years of playing these games. I thought there's a max of how many customers can go into your shop at once? In bakery/ restaurant it's around 30 customers at a time, so I figuerd it was probably about the same in fashion. This is interesting info though, I'm gonna have to unlock more counters and test this out, I'm sooo low on money it's ridiculous.