PDA

View Full Version : Answered Why Can't I Take a Photo Anymore?

marcatwolf
02-11-14, 05:51 PM
For months now I have been unable to take a photo of my island. Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

Thanks!

(Sorry if this was covered already. I did a search and couldn't find it.)

DragonMaster128z
02-11-14, 07:35 PM
I believe that they removed this feature on DS.
If you are on iOS if you would like to take a screen shot of your whole screen you push the home button and the lock button at the same time. :)

kooky panda
02-12-14, 06:11 AM
If you are on an IOS device:

Go to settings-Privacy-photos-make sure Dragon story is turned to "on".

marcatwolf
02-14-14, 09:57 AM
I am on Android. Can you tell me what to do?

If you are on an IOS device:

Go to settings-Privacy-photos-make sure Dragon story is turned to "on".

kooky panda
02-14-14, 11:12 AM
Are you trying to take a picture with the in game camera or take a screenshot?

marcatwolf
02-14-14, 09:36 PM
The in game camera. Its still there in the scroll but it doesnt work. If it doesnt work how would I take a screen shot with my android phone in use with the game? just use another device?

MakJulos
02-17-14, 11:00 AM
I believe that they removed this feature on DS.
If you are on iOS if you would like to take a screen shot of your whole screen you push the home button and the lock button at the same time. :)

Hmm maybe i'm misunderstanding smthn here, but i can still take ingame screeshots by clicking Menu, then choosing Photos in bottom right corner of Menu. When i take a photo a popup asks me if i'll allow DS to use My Pictures, and when i do the picture is saved there - all very smooth really. No, this might not help marcatwolf on Android ofc, i only wanted to see if the function was still in game.

marcatwolf
03-13-14, 06:54 PM
I cant take photos still. I go to menu then pick the photo in bottom right and then it says "unable to take the screen shot, please try again later." later later later never never never works! please help!

MakJulos
03-14-14, 01:20 AM
I cant take photos still. I go to menu then pick the photo in bottom right and then it says "unable to take the screen shot, please try again later." later later later never never never works! please help!

Hmm that sucks! Just tested and works fine for me - you sure you have settings in the device you play game on set properly? I had to "allow" DS to use my iPad and take pictures, maybe Android works same way somehow? If you've updated operative system maybe something has reset - if it was working before i mean.... Well, maybe Kooky or someone can look into it again and give better advice, good luck!

Edit: Silly question perhaps, but you haven't run out of memory space or smthn? Since it tells you to "try later"....

kooky panda
03-14-14, 05:06 AM
@Marcatwolf-
What specific android device do you play on?
Do you play problems with all versions of Dragon Story?
Have you tried to take a photo in any other Team Lava games?

On IOS devices, there is a privacy setting on the device that needs to be set to take photos in the games.

Is there any setting on your device under photos that you can change?

Meowmeowbeans
03-14-14, 01:12 PM
We'd like to investigate this issue. Can you provide us with some additional information?

Can you give us more details about what happens after you click on the camera button? Please also take a screenshot of any error message you receive in game and send it to us.

marcatwolf
03-14-14, 02:55 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II, SGH-T889. I have no settings anywhere that privatize pics on games either in dragon story or on my phone. the android version just has one click on the menu scroll in bottom left. Then, the photo button in the bottom right. I then click on the little pic of the camera. It always says "unable to take picture ....." I didn't change any settings on the game or the phone. I used to take pics all the time to document my progress or redecorating. Now i can't. I have no problems taking pictures in any other games -- bakery story or fashion story. Any help is much appreciated.

marcatwolf

nmishii
03-14-14, 03:41 PM
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I just tried; I can take snapshots in DS. I have never had to change any settings on my Galaxy S or Galaxy S3 to take in-game snapshots.

You can use an Android device to take screenshots. On both of my Galaxys, this was done by simultaneously holding down the power button and the home key. You'll hear a camera click and a message will be displayed indicating the image was copied. It should be the same on the Note II. If not, google it for your device and you should get hits for instructions and/or YouTube videos.

Meowmeowbeans
03-14-14, 04:00 PM
Can you please screenshot the error message you are receiving? If you can't, can you copy and paste what the error says? Also, does the error window that appears look like it is coming from within the game, or does it appear to be an error from your device?

marcatwolf
03-15-14, 07:17 PM
I cant take a screen shot. It is within the game. It says. Unable to take a screen shot at this time.. Please try again later. It sort of slides in from the right and then slides back out a sec later. To quick to switch to my device camera even if i did know how to do it. This happened a couple times at lower lvel like 50 or so. But i could always take one eventually. Now at level 103 its NEVER.

nmishii
03-15-14, 07:37 PM
See my previous post. Use your Note 2 features to take a screenshot of your failed in game screenshot.

marcatwolf
03-15-14, 07:41 PM
Thank you nmishi! I can take it with my device as you stated with menu and power button same time. Too bad the in game photo button doesnt work still. Another example of android abandonment by team lava. Okay im sorry, i know or understand the issues with so many different androids. Its just frustrating. My game crashes every five or ten minutes now. I dont get to do all the fun stuff ios does. I still appreciate very much the things i can do though. I do LOVE this game!