PDA

View Full Version : Help With Gifts

OldBarnBakery
02-11-14, 01:36 PM
This is going to seem like a really silly question but I really need to know the answer! If one of my neighbours requests a material part (a gear for example), when i click the 'accept' button in my news feed will it automatically send them the part? Or do i then have to actively go to the effort of going to their bakery and going through the process of sending it then? I've been doing that to all of my neighbours requests, does that actually mean that im then sending the gift twice?

Also, I dont understand why anyone would choose to 'decline' a neighbours gift request. That puzzles me?

Thank you in advance, i thought this game would be simple but its actually really not! Ha!

carabellexo
02-11-14, 01:59 PM
Once you accept the request that automatically sends them the part needed. Doesn't matter what bakery you are in, it will still send the part.

PepperWoo
02-11-14, 02:00 PM
Yes, when you click the accept button it automatically sends the gift. I wouldn't call it 'gifting twice' but it's kinda like that I guess, since one is when you accept their request and the other is when you send gifts - provided of course that you make the effort to gift each one of them the same thing they requested. :)

I think it's just that the player hit the decline button accidentally... TL games' buttons are not consistent like the accept/decline button in BS is different from the one in DS

OldBarnBakery
02-11-14, 02:08 PM
Thank you for your quick replies, i understand now :)

sally_brown
02-11-14, 03:45 PM
I sometimes decline gift requests if I notice that it's from a few days ago.

shanapiv
02-11-14, 10:21 PM
I've wanted to decline gifts before, for example if they just added me, sent the request right after I accepted the invite, gift me food, not tip, and ask for parts allllllll the time. Seems to happen a lot during goal time. I just delete them if they can't even send a gift after I asked them nicely to send parts.

TinksThots
02-12-14, 12:21 AM
I sometimes decline gift requests if I notice that it's from a few days ago.
Maybe for specialty parts, but I wouldn't do that for basics (fuse thru wiring), because it still goes into their inventory, and one can never have too many basics. ;-)

PepperWoo
02-12-14, 12:30 AM
and one can never have too many basics. ;-)

Agree! Sometimes I intentionally clog my requests by sending all few hundreds of my neighbors so I can continue receiving them even after a few days. xD Stocking up basics is the way to go. :)

shanapiv
02-12-14, 01:09 AM
Agree! Sometimes I intentionally clog my requests by sending all few hundreds of my neighbors so I can continue receiving them even after a few days. xD Stocking up basics is the way to go. :)

LOL I do that too. Works a lot better than asking my neighbors to send me basic parts -_- Not complaining I've started to add neighbors who only play the same way I do, I just feel bad if someone I've had for a long time sends me capp. and tips every day to delete them...I just wait until they quit playing...which usually happens

I kinda got carried away with that post....sorry..just venting lol

AngieHoHo
02-17-14, 02:49 AM
It may sound stupid, but how can I request material from my neighbors??

PepperWoo
02-17-14, 07:59 AM
It may sound stupid, but how can I request material from my neighbors??

You buy the stove first that you would like to construct, then after you've placed the box on the floor, click on it and you'll see an ask button along with the items you need to complete you appliance. Click on that ask button for you to request that material from your neighbors. :)