PDA

View Full Version : Lightning cannon - what does it do?

5unnyRock
02-09-14, 04:54 AM
I wonder what is the actual damage of the lighning cannon. From the numbers I would expext archers get one shotted by high lvl lightning, but it does only bit over half the damage. Also it appears as if lvl 1 lightning cannons do about same amount as the almost maxed out ones I have.

Or maybe this is a bug? Then mods feel free to move this.

FrozenTurtle
02-10-14, 11:35 AM
Whether or not the units get "one-shotted" depends on the level of the towers vs. the level of the units. Higher level towers might not be able to one-shot units if they are at max level.

abcdefgh987
02-10-14, 11:50 AM
Whether or not the units get "one-shotted" depends on the level of the towers vs. the level of the units. Higher level towers might not be able to one-shot units if they are at max level.

Hi Frozen,

I am lost a little. My zappers are max. They are supposed to do a damage of more than 200. Yet, in a recent attack, they were not able to **** Archers with 95 hit points.
I was going to report the player as a hacker. Does what you said mean this is actually normal?

syllrag
02-10-14, 12:08 PM
Hi Frozen,

I am lost a little. My zappers are max. They are supposed to do a damage of more than 200. Yet, in a recent attack, they were not able to **** Archers with 95 hit points.
I was going to report the player as a hacker. Does what you said mean this is actually normal?

Checking my replays, I just realized this too. My lightning towers couldn't one shot **** archers, though its damage should be almost twice the archer's hp...

FrozenTurtle
02-10-14, 12:10 PM
Can you guys PM me the Kingdom Name of the player who attacked you? We'll check it out.

syllrag
02-10-14, 12:26 PM
Can you guys PM me the Kingdom Name of the player who attacked you? We'll check it out.

Checking several replays, I think it happened pretty much on every battle.

5unnyRock
02-10-14, 12:28 PM
Actually, this is for every attacker and also when I attack so. That is why I asked what the damage number means - maybe the damage was lowered and the ingame info not updated?

But also when I attack, it seems that the lvl 1 lightning cannons do about the same amount of damage as lvl 4 ones. They seem to two shot lvl 5 archers.

In any case, I doubt this is a hacker issue.

If the damage is supposed to work as it does for the catapults, than either there is a bug, or the numbers are incorrect in game.

abcdefgh987
02-10-14, 12:39 PM
Frozen, you have mail!

FrozenTurtle
02-10-14, 02:10 PM
I took a look at these battles and it looks like this is because of the splash damage being dealt. It looks like the units that the Lightning Cannon targets are dying instantly. The other Archers are close enough to be dealt damage, but not close enough to die in one hit. Do you guys notice the same thing?

abcdefgh987
02-10-14, 02:25 PM
Hi Frozen,

i just looked at it and it could be. But only of the splash is about 1mm. The troops are immediately next to it and still dont get ****ed. VERY different from cats.

Do not think this was the intent. Is a bug.

TrotUA
02-10-14, 05:08 PM
This issue is the same with the little bombs

Little bombs say they do 96 damage, so it should **** a level 5 archer but it does not. It takes at least 3 little bombs to **** a L5 archer which means their true damage points is in the 30's

Bugs bugs bugs and crazy balance changes all the time and a software developer that doesn't care that's what this game is all about.

5unnyRock
02-11-14, 12:19 AM
Lightning cannon lvl 5 appears to deal about 50 damage per zerp to all targets affected - I could not detect any difference depending on location, but other towers close by are responsible, if the archer dies. It is also visible with airships, one zerp does very little damage.

yenminh2
02-12-14, 03:23 AM
Yep I've been noticing the same thing. It's been like that for quite sometime. That's why I don't bother upgrade lightning tower anymore. Instead I upgrade canons and archer towers. But then again I have been playing this games as much as I use to. It's not the same as before. So I switch to clash of clan and spend some money to buy extra work sheds.

FrozenTurtle
02-12-14, 01:42 PM
I checked with the team about this and this is how the splash damage feature is set up. It does full damage to 1 specific unit and lesser damage to the units in the area of effect. So if you have a group of units, it may appear as if there are no units being ****ed. With that said, they are aware of your concerns with regard to this. Thanks for your continued feedback!

5unnyRock
02-12-14, 02:06 PM
Thank you Frozen Turtle for explaining how that lightning cannon works ����.
I did test it by sending one single unit against one tower and it actually was fried with one shot ��
Now that I know what it actually does, I can better use it in my built and also take it on attacking into account.