PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get a 40% off sale at reset 2-8-14?!

OnCloudDivine
02-08-14, 01:21 AM
Plain and simple, I got the craziest pop up for a 40% sale, in RS only, on ALL gem packages.

jojopeanut
02-08-14, 01:30 AM
I got one in FS. Freaked out!! but Im spent out at the moment.

78story
02-08-14, 02:02 AM
Holy Wow! Yeah I got it on RS, but not on BS. I'm going to splurge lol :)

Thank you TL!!
Do this on BS too pleaseeeee TL! <33333

CuteTali
02-08-14, 08:22 AM
I had mine started yesterday evening actually, maybe about 5-6 hours before the reset, not sure exactly when. At first I thought it was a glitch or something, so I closed down the app, restarted and it was still there. Thought maybe there was something kooky with my account, so I checked my other shop that I never spent real money on, 2 out of 3 shops of FS have that sale and 2/3 of my RS have it too, none of my bakeries have the 40%, but as long as there's no LTO/Box sale, I don't mind, got decent decor there for now.

So then I figured maybe the'll have a special LTO/Box sale today, so I went and bought some gems for both Fashion and Restaurant, no special sales though, maybe tomorrow? I so want the Luau Display and Ice Skating Display in Fashion Story! If those go on direct sale, I'll be buying more gems by the end of the day for sure. Same for Romantic Mixer Lounge, Crystal Fountain, Crystal Room, Indoor Flow and Reflecting Pool in Restaurant Story, that will make me buy more gems there, or the Princess' Guests in Bakery.

ElaineCarrel
02-08-14, 07:31 PM
Man o man! Seeing this thread made me go running back 2 both RS and BS w Debit Card in hand hoping and praying that I'd find the 40% in 1 of the 2 but no such luck. It figures. Sure there's a sale tag in BS but it's the usual 20 and 30% sale. O well I really don't need 2 spend my money so that TL makes money off of me only 2 hit a gem trap again and lose the gems again.
So it's back 2 earning the gems the hard way.

78story
02-09-14, 06:19 AM
I have a total of 5 accounts, though I don't play them all. I logged them in yesterday to check and ALL of them had the sale.

I have ANOTHER 40% off sale today on this account but I have yet to check my other accounts as of now.

However, when I checked my nieces account yesterday, there was only the regular 20% off sale . I was going to purchase the 50 gem pack for her but after I saw she didn't have the same sale, I stopped.

I wonder why this was offered only to a select few. Maybe they are testing the sale to see if it will have an improvement on total sales.

I hope they run these sales for EVERYONE throughout the year. Not everyday, of course, but it's a welcome surprised... and does make you feel a bit appreciated as a customer.

twospoons
02-10-14, 04:57 AM
darn it, i was getting sale notifications, but assumed they were the regular ones, so i didn't even look before i closed out the window. i wonder if i missed an extra-good sale?

CuteTali
02-10-14, 11:01 AM
darn it, i was getting sale notifications, but assumed they were the regular ones, so i didn't even look before i closed out the window. i wonder if i missed an extra-good sale?

Just gem sales, no LTO/Box sales yet. To see your current gem sale, just click on the gems button and it will give you prices and show you any discount you have today.

ElaineCarrel
02-10-14, 05:36 PM
Added 2 earlier post.

ElaineCarrel
02-10-14, 06:08 PM
Man o man! Seeing this thread made me go running back 2 both RS and BS w Debit Card in hand hoping and praying that I'd find the 40% in 1 of the 2 but no such luck. It figures. Sure there's a sale tag in BS but it's the usual 20 and 30% sale. O well I really don't need 2 spend my money so that TL makes money off of me only 2 hit a gem trap again and lose the gems again.
So it's back 2 earning the gems the hard way.

everybody's talking about a 40% off gem sale they keep seeing! all I can say is
Where is Mine?

I Don't even have a gem sale.

CuteTali
02-10-14, 07:04 PM
everybody's talking about a 40% off gem sale they keep seeing! all I can say is
Where is Mine?

I Don't even have a gem sale.

I think they were send out somewhat randomly and not on all games, I got no sales at all on my kindle, but FS and RS sales on 2 android devices.

shanapiv
02-10-14, 07:51 PM
Yes! I had decided to wait until that day to see if there was a gem sale to buy gems for the second time ever, and boy did I get lucky! Probably won't happen again lol.

OnCloudDivine
02-14-14, 07:00 PM
I have had a non-stop 40% sale since I started this thread, my guess is that it will be over after Valentine's today. Never thought about buying gems in RS but hrrmmm...

ElaineCarrel
02-14-14, 07:11 PM
I have had a non-stop 40% sale since I started this thread, my guess is that it will be over after Valentine's today. Never thought about buying gems in RS but hrrmmm...

I've been STUCK w the LOUSY 30% sale. It figures I'd b stuck w it cuz the 1 time I'm even willing 2 use my own money in both BS and RS I'm not even given the opportunity.

Also ontheclouddevine thanks 4 helping me w the links 4 food and room design I was looking 4. I'm having 2 tweak the room design since I'm at full size and lvl 99, so I'm planning on playing around w design this wknd as I remodel.

twospoons
02-14-14, 07:48 PM
fabulous sale, but i hate how easily i waste the gems that i purchase, whereas the ones i earn i hang on to like crazy. ah well, some of us have to be suckers for boxes, or the whole game would collapse. just wish i'd gotten a good bakery deal!

WrestlerHouse
02-14-14, 07:52 PM
I want a gem sale now. I'm going to spend $20 once there is one.

ElaineCarrel
02-14-14, 08:33 PM
I want a gem sale now. I'm going to spend $20 once there is one.
Uve gotta b patient. :rolleyes: All good things come to those that wait. Or give me ur money and I'll use it now since I've got a 30% going on now and it won't end for approximately 4 1/2 hrs where I live since California is 3 hrs behind me. lol
4 all u know urs may show up 2morrow. Just check where the # of gems u currently have shows in the morning and if uve got that sale tag then ur on. I'm waiting 4 either iTunes card or 40% off.

bobbyrae
02-15-14, 07:44 AM
Never thought about buying gems in RS but hrrmmm...

Maybe that is why you have a 40% sale. :rolleyes:

CuteTali
02-15-14, 09:30 AM
Every day I see the 40% sale I get tempted to buy even more gems. Today I open it and see it again, now I'm seriously thinking of buying gems again haha, even though I already bought some the other day I had 40%, especially with all the boxes we got in all games lately, gems run out so quickly. Valentine's Day items are soo cute and fun to buy. Kinda good they only release cute items once a year or we'd be spending way too much real money on these pixels :p

bobbyrae
02-15-14, 09:56 AM
I have sales all the time pretty much, but never buy them. I figure i will always have sales.

CuteTali
02-15-14, 12:07 PM
I have sales all the time pretty much, but never buy them. I figure i will always have sales.

I think if you never buy gems you get sales much more often to lure you to try it.

MizCricket
02-15-14, 05:24 PM
I think if you never buy gems you get sales much more often to lure you to try it.

Maybe, but I get sales equally in the games I buy gems in and the ones I don't so I haven't found that to be true. I've had the 40% off sale in BS, RS, and FS every day on two Android devices since it started popping up earlier this week.

CuteTali
02-15-14, 08:34 PM
Maybe, but I get sales equally in the games I buy gems in and the ones I don't so I haven't found that to be true. I've had the 40% off sale in BS, RS, and FS every day on two Android devices since it started popping up earlier this week.

Hmm I haven't had anything on BS, but I've had it on RS and FS and somehow I end up buying gems every day I check prices and see that 40% off.

kimandamelia
02-16-14, 02:32 PM
I have had a 40% sale in RS for what feels like 2 straight weeks! This morning it said there is still 96 hours left on it!! Wish that Valentine box wasn't so awful!

ElaineCarrel
02-16-14, 02:36 PM
I would luv a 40% gem sale since I got a$100.00 iTunes card 4 Valentines Day. If I don't get 1 soon I'll go spend it on either iBooks or in the App Store. Who knows I might even go and spend it on decent music 2 listen 2.while playing this game. O TL where u w a 40% sale 4 me plz?m