PDA

View Full Version : Days on Farm, Completed Orders & Other Stats

lianna17
02-07-14, 10:41 PM
I'm just wondering how I stack up against other players. Like many of you, I find the game progress very slow. However, I see people on similar levels with farm more expansion space, craft buildings, pets and other stuff. So, what's your stats.

Mines is as follows:
level 32
Days on Farm 152
Completed Orders 1457
Craft buildings 15
2 cow, pig, and chicken pens & 1 sheep pen
No pets

cosmolife
02-07-14, 11:10 PM
I'm at level 34
Days on farm 48
Completed orders 734
Craft buildings 20
2 dogs

I'm maxed out on all animals, trees, craft buildings, etc.. for my level. I've also expanded my farm fully to the max. Well, except for the alpaca. I'll leave that one spot till later. Don't fancy forking over 200K for 4 alpacas. I'd rather spend that kind of money on pets. I've discovered that my 2 pets yield tools, gems...very good returns for my money. Whereas the alpacas only return some wool blanket for 200 coins. Haha...

GameOfFarms
02-08-14, 01:26 AM
level 38
Days on Farm 113
Completed Orders 2125
Craft buildings 22

3 pens of cows, pigs and sheep, 2 pens of chickens.
1 Siamese cat, 1 collie, 1 Labrador (all coin animals, no gem animals)

Fully expanded except for the alpaca and 1 square next to the train.

Most of my craft buildings I've got 4 slots going, only 4 buildings have 2 or 3 slots.

grameys
02-08-14, 09:01 AM
level 36 (almost 37)
days on farm 147
completed orders 4221
craft buildings 13

2 cows, pigs, sheep n chickens. 1 alpaca

1 valentine dog, 2 cats Bengal and valentine

fully expanded except 2 slots that require the coins by mine, have both mine and train (don't use train since update)

all bushes and tress available

4 slots on all buildings

tankerslacers
02-08-14, 10:00 AM
Level 48
155 days on farm
Fully expanded
3 cow pens, 3 pig pens, 2 chicken pens (don't need the third), 1 alpaca pen
5 dogs
7,126 completed orders
198 neighbors
24 craft buildings
All the trees and bushes
Slots expanded to 4
Barn is always full!!! We need more barn space, especially with the Valentine items taking up extra space.

Graceland53
02-08-14, 10:56 AM
farm Name: Travisville
Level:44
155 days on farm
5402 completed orders**sending the plane up is key to easy expansion. Make sure your barn isn't full before sending up or you will miss out on all the free goodies!
Fully expanded
I have 3 of 4 on animals. I don't need more presently and will wait for more expansions
I spread things out to make it easier for me to see butterflies and gopher :)
I'm Travis's Nana and my eyesight isn't what it used to be :)
I fill the easiest 6 items on train...no more than 6... Earn 2 gems with every train delivery!
Keep shop stocked! I try to limit quantity of each item to 2 or 3...seems to sell quicker as most folks don't have room in their barn/silo for 10 items :)
HAPPY FARMING EVERYONE!

iggychic
02-08-14, 12:10 PM
Farm Name Iggychic
Level 46
Days on Farm 148
Completed Orders 5495
Crafted Buildings 23
Neighbors 543
Animals: 4 cows (that's enough for me) 2 alpaca (waste of money) 8 chickens 12 pigs and 8 sheep
Pets: 15

My slots are either maxed at 7 available or they are at 6 items. Only the silo's are at 5 oh and the toy maker because it's new and the items are so slow to make that is ok to keep that way.

I tile a lot of the ground to keep the gophers in a smaller area but I don't really care if I miss the things cuz they always return :p I agree with graceland about easy expansion with plane orders. I rarely fill a train (I rarely even open the things) and I do alternate between money making mode and leveling up.

I have twelve slots in the market. I think that's the key to quick sales as you are high up on your friends market options when you keep them full. I actually do sell ten items of many things, but I balance that by thinking about what the total price will be. I try to keep most slots around 1500 value for the purchase verses say selling ten horses with a price of six thousand as that limits your buyers.

cosmolife
02-08-14, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much Iggychic. Your info is very helpful for me :-)

I'm still unsure about plane deliveries. I find the money is too low compared to what I can sell in my shop. I've fully expanded my farm (except the square where the alpaca is) without doing plane orders. I found all my land papers in the newspaper. And with the bigger money returns from selling I could easily afford to buy the papers. As for the xp, I get xp from making stuff and leveling up is not a problem. I'm already at level 34 after 48 days on the farm.

But your post got me thinking. Should I stop selling in the shop and switch to doing plane orders? Will that get me to level up faster? Or will I be sacrificing money in exchange for xp? Arrrrgh... Decisions decisions :-)

iggychic
02-08-14, 02:10 PM
I jump between selling and filling orders. But to be clear, I throw away all orders that are below 100 stars, (and always those below 100 coins). I also toss all orders that are rediculous (ie a necklace for 150 points or something like that) all orders with valuable items like lemons and gems as well as those with any metals. They just go too cheap. I still find that I am able to fill lots of orders and level up quickly when I'm in the mood :) At this point I'm not sure there's any reason to level up (nothing new after 46 that I know of) so I am just making money to use on the farm.

Trying to find value in the plane deliveries is rather painful so I just don't LOL You do get lots of tools, maps and mining equipment (which is nice this weekend) so there is some value that isn't added in. I tend to go back to filling orders when I run low on picks and shovels because I get so many of them from the plane. The train....I am not finding much value there myself. Very few extras and too few coins in comparison.

lianna17
02-08-14, 04:16 PM
I think I need to step things up. It seems like you guys have been playing for less days than me but still ahead of me. I get busy sometimes and completely neglect farm plus I have about 4 other story games. Do you guys ever buy gems to help buy stuff? I can't see a real reason to buy them except to buy tools and expansion permits with them.

iggychic
02-08-14, 06:41 PM
I buy a lot of gems. I'm an impatient player heh heh

GameOfFarms
02-09-14, 05:20 AM
I think I need to step things up. It seems like you guys have been playing for less days than me but still ahead of me. I get busy sometimes and completely neglect farm plus I have about 4 other story games. Do you guys ever buy gems to help buy stuff? I can't see a real reason to buy them except to buy tools and expansion permits with them.

I bought a special Halloween pack of gems when I first started, for something like $1.99, but that's the only time ive ever bought something. I've made a lot of gems by downloading the games that FS2 pop up (there was an awesome run through Xmas time where I bagged over two hundred gems or so).

cosmolife
02-11-14, 12:34 AM
Thanks so much Iggychic. It's always so nice to have an experienced player explain in details about the game so I don't have to stumble about in the dark! I really appreciate your very helpful info :-)

I'm starting to do plane orders and it's kinda fun. I try to do both selling in my shop and filling train and plane orders. So my barn and silo are crying out for more space! Heehee... Just have to find a balance, I guess :-)

Lianna17, I haven't bought any gems at all. Currently I have about 800 gems, all earned within the game and by downloading other apps. I haven't spent a single gem yet (except for the occasional gem trap.) I just can't decide what to spend the gems on....maybe I'll buy pets with them or some nice decos. I expanded my farm and upgraded my buildings without using gems. I found everything I needed in the newspaper. If my barn and silo get full, then I just stop making stuff till my shop frees up the slots, or I drop the price to clear out items quicker. Then I patiently wait for the paint to upgrade my barn and silo. I dunno....maybe I should spend gems to upgrade barn and silo but I'm undecided between that or getting the pets :-)