PDA

View Full Version : Cut TL some slack

Petasos
02-07-14, 07:41 PM
I am normally just as critical as the next player but I am getting a little fed up. Please please please take a few seconds to read before you spout off at the mouth and blame TL for your inability to do the timed quests. I am going to print this separately so you do not have to read this paragraph to get the message.

You do not have to complete or even try to do the timed quests! You can still get the Alicorn by letting the timers expire and taking your time.

For the love of god please read!

outhouse01
02-07-14, 09:06 PM
I am normally just as critical as the next player but I am getting a little fed up. Please please please take a few seconds to read before you spout off at the mouth and blame TL for your inability to do the timed quests. I am going to print this separately so you do not have to read this paragraph to get the message.

You do not have to complete or even try to do the timed quests! You can still get the Alicorn by letting the timers expire and taking your time.

Thumbs up!!

I was going to say roughly the same thing last night, but, decided against it as my words were harsher than yours. Whilst I also have been known to whinge at times, I have learnt. Things come when they come.

It does amaze me that some of the people complaining have multiple posts against their name, therefore, they frequent this forum quite often.

As I was taught from an early age - READ - you will be amazed at what you can learn. Cheers

snlps
02-07-14, 09:31 PM
I'm new to castle story and only now after having spent all my coins trying to make the ingots and having 3 hrs left on the timer which sped up to 35 mins. I have come to the forum and have found this out. I wish I would have came here first. But it is very unfair that the timer is never accurate.

BriarAvenue
02-07-14, 11:18 PM

Yes and No. Yes I read those words and understand what the words say.
But let's say we are "haunted" by past experience.
What is said or didn't say really costed quite a bunch of us big time.
The words trap is just as miserable as the gems trap.

luna2cute
02-07-14, 11:36 PM

LIKE!

It is just a game. Take the mistakes as they come and move on. I spent all my money crafting ingots and didn't do it in time and lost all my money and ingots. Oh well! I learned. I even read the post about not having to complete them but thought I would give it a try, it was a challenge to me. :).

But now I'm just plugging along farming for money and collecting pink gems little by little. No need to stress about it.

TL is a company. They do need to make money to pay programmers and graphic artists. Other wise there would be no games to play.

Its clever from a business standpoint. Make it free, but you can pay to get ahead, do things faster. Many online games do this, it's using the competitive human nature to make money to provide a product.

I'm one of those that never pays for anything that is free and I'll take 6 months to do it free even of I can pay and do it in 2 days. I'm stubborn that way. But most people aren't.

Cut them some slack, and HAVE FUN!! Life is too short to complain about a game. ;)

Castloninian
02-07-14, 11:55 PM
But it is very unfair that the timer is never accurate.
This time the timer was spot on for me. I started the timed quest around 8.01pm and it finished then. The last hour it counted down in minutes which was very helpful.

Petasos
02-08-14, 07:00 AM
Yes and No. Yes I read those words and understand what the words say.
But let's say we are "haunted" by past experience.
What is said or didn't say really costed quite a bunch of us big time.
The words trap is just as miserable as the gems trap.

Look at it this way, they listened and implemented change. That is a good thing. Looking at updates in the last 4 months they really are working with us. Sap trees, red trillium, pepe, now optional timed quests, and soon mermaid ponds. We might not always like the way it happens but they are at least listening and compromising. I have played a lot of games where that never happens.

Oh and this doesn't mean they will always have optional timed quests, but one can only hope.

jessicattt
02-08-14, 03:49 PM
Totally agreed. Plus... It's just a game. I love it and I'm addicted to it but I don't get angry. I appreciate everything TL does to make this game exciting! It's the best game I've ever played.

bethmadison
02-08-14, 06:17 PM
There's stating wants/wishes and needs in a respectful way. And then there's constant whining because someone isn't happy with the way the wording is or the way TL chooses to do things. They have been trying to keep people happy forever. They are still a business and have their own plans for the game as well.

I've only had one complaint and I will stand by that one. That the Christmas tress said "drop" originally not "chop". But it also was what it was. I bought many Christmas tress happily. And I will continue to play the game happily.

It's simply a free game on your idevice. It's not the real world.

riisak
02-08-14, 07:16 PM
Uhm.

The quest started right before bed.
I had to work the whole day the next day, and since you can't play their games without a net connection (which costs $$ from any provider and is difficult to get out of home on an ipod), I wasn't able to collect ignots until I got home - leaving me with only 3 hours to get 40 (10hours worth).

To add insult to injury, I played the game for a while offline, at work, before it finally disconnected me. Go figure though once the game went online it wiped everything I had earned. =/

How is ANY of that fair?

And now that their other game dragonstory has a summoning quest that requires 4 hour collections, and requires nonstop continuation to finish on time, I am yet again screwed by their decisions because I have a job and don't have free wifi at work.

Yep. Soooooooo fair.
Castle story is actually one of team lavas better games in terms of fairness frankly, they don't really deserve any credit for being fair - the only reason the castle story quests aren't more stringent (like dragonstory) is because CS doesn't have a big enough following for them to burn the loyal players.

Queenzod
02-08-14, 07:34 PM
I'm not an expert on the interwebs, but you can still do this quest. You can get the pink sapphires from mining. The ingots were a way of giving you a time advantage. You can take months to do this quest - there's no hurry.

And yes, if you try to play the game offline, your work will not be saved. It is an online game, after all.

riisak
02-08-14, 09:56 PM
The game is not an "online game", the only feature that actually requires net is the friends aspect. It's stupid that they make the -entire- game unplayable without net, just because of that 1 feature. I like that it saves your progress on a server so that you can reinstall the app without losing your progress, but there's no reason it should WIPE your progress just because you're offline. Also, whether it was continuable or not I had very limited free time and there was no message -in the game- that the quest could be continued even if I didn't finish that particular line. TL does these limited quests all the time and this is the first time I've seen that they're not a REQUIRED part of the quest, so if they don't mention it how exactly are we expected to know? These forums are kind of a hassle to get to so I do not frequent them, let alone when I am crunched for time on the days I work. Obviously I read this thread, doesn't make it any less messed up what they do with these quests in general and how they handle the game, yeah for once they did something nice and made the timed part an OPTIONAL BOOST, but they ruined it by failing to communicate that in typical TL fashion. And I still stand by my complaints 1 right doesn't make up for 100s of wrongs.

And as far as the net issue goes I am going to start looking for substitute games because I'm tired of not having anything I can play outside of my house, where mobile gaming is most wanted. 8 hours at work? unplayable. 6 hours on a plane? unplayable. GG TL.

Queenzod
02-08-14, 10:41 PM
That did happen to me once when I was having troubles getting online. I worked for an entire day only to find that nothing had been "saved." I use quotes because I realized that I wasn't actually playing the game. It only works when you're online. That's why I called it an online game. At least that's my understanding.

I understand that you're frustrated and angry. I'm not trying to take that away from you. I agree the forums can be kinda irritating as well. People ask the same questions over and over, and sometimes it's hard to find what you need.

I think what you need is a nice, big hot fudge sundae! With whipped cream and a cherry on top! Comfort eating. It works for me. Hang in there - things will get better. At least we can hope...

nasha86
02-09-14, 10:43 PM
The game is not an "online game", the only feature that actually requires net is the friends aspect. It's stupid that they make the -entire- game unplayable without net, just because of that 1 feature. I like that it saves your progress on a server so that you can reinstall the app without losing your progress, but there's no reason it should WIPE your progress just because you're offline. Also, whether it was continuable or not I had very limited free time and there was no message -in the game- that the quest could be continued even if I didn't finish that particular line. TL does these limited quests all the time and this is the first time I've seen that they're not a REQUIRED part of the quest, so if they don't mention it how exactly are we expected to know? These forums are kind of a hassle to get to so I do not frequent them, let alone when I am crunched for time on the days I work. Obviously I read this thread, doesn't make it any less messed up what they do with these quests in general and how they handle the game, yeah for once they did something nice and made the timed part an OPTIONAL BOOST, but they ruined it by failing to communicate that in typical TL fashion. And I still stand by my complaints 1 right doesn't make up for 100s of wrongs.

And as far as the net issue goes I am going to start looking for substitute games because I'm tired of not having anything I can play outside of my house, where mobile gaming is most wanted. 8 hours at work? unplayable. 6 hours on a plane? unplayable. GG TL.

I don't know why you already play this on-line game for around a year, but still feel angry with this aspect (on/off-line) right now. Don't claim TL because you accept this the first time you play it, or else you can't continue it for a year. I have to say so.

Secondly, CS is not online all the time. Because technically, it can't synchronize every actions of the players immediately, since no server can handle such huge amount database, so I think they did automatic sync, but with the fixed period (like several hours or so, I don't know exactly). That is the reason why we have to visit friends, delete posts on our walls to trigger the synchronization faster.
Therefore, you can play it offline for several hours, because all the current database is in your device's temporary memory, the sync will update it to the server of TL. So, what's happen if your device's memory is not enough, especially when you open too much apps? Your device will delete some apps memory to guarantee the speed of apps current work. So if sometime you have to go out, and without internet for CS, you still can play it, but try your best to not open many apps, just keep CS :D, it can keep your game active for several hours (2-3), until you find the internet source to sync the game immediately. I used to experiment it, and it worked. All the inventory figure still saved.

Finally, I have to say that when we have new update, all the information is always put on the top of the forum discussion. So please go there, every necessary information the mods all post on the first page. Please don't claim TL if you can't even try to read them at least. The game developers may be have some mistakes and unfair price quoting at first, but they do listen to the players and satisfy us with weekly update on their ability. Enjoy this game, Riiask, it just the game for relaxing.

cloudsail
02-10-14, 09:10 AM
People never read the little character blurb at the top of every quest. It's not surprising, when you've been in this industry a while you realize people never read any text longer than two words, maybe even one word, or just never read at all.

You don't have to be on the forums to know that the timed quests were not required. It's stated quite clearly on every quest's page, every time you open the quest. You can read it again, and again, and again.