PDA

View Full Version : How much willpower do YOU have?

GBeesHive
02-07-14, 02:25 PM
I thought I had lots of willpower, but thanks to the new Valentine adventure, I have found out how WRONG I was!

:)

I had two forges making ingots last night. Set the alarm on the phone to go off at 30 minute intervals until I finally had to get a little sleep. Started back at work this morning just needing 8, with lots of time, and I suddenly lost all self control and used gems, even though I didn't need to! And I didn't even wait until they were partially made to speed them up!

And of course once I had used gems to speed up the ingots, I just couldn't wait to mine the extra pink crystals, so more gems ...

And then I couldn't wait a whole day for the horn ... more gems ...

I am now trying to not speed up my axes ... and since I seem to have no self-control, I will try to avert my eyes when I pass the candy aisle in the grocery store this evening ...

There should be a 12 step program for this game!

cherriesx
02-07-14, 06:09 PM
I know! I am crafting the pink horn now (made 10 ingots, gemmed past the rest).

And guess what?!! I've just gone ahead and dropped 250 gems for a pink alicorn!!! :rolleyes::o

I figured that I have plenty of gems and the QUEST ANXIETY I would suffer over the next couple of days rushing to get enough iron ore, mermaid scales, etc AND the gems I would spend to skip parts I couldn't complete would add up to even more than 250.

I've already spent 90, it would be another 50 at least to gem half the axes, 60 for Prism...more gems just because I'm too impatient to craft Enchanters Essence.

Poohey. It just wasn't worth the stress. So I bought my alicorn and will focus on my regular gameplay. I'll complete the alicorn quest on my own time without spending more gems to speed it up.

marse66
02-07-14, 08:04 PM
I have always used gems to finish goals faster and I'm trying really hard not to do it this time... Wish me luck

gdmcrjunkie
02-07-14, 10:30 PM
I only managed to resist speeding up the horn craft because the next part is timed. Now I shall sleep before I change my mind.

rabsos
02-07-14, 10:46 PM
Wow I did exactly the same thing, I realized even if you finish in time you still have some other stuff to do just to finish anyways like mining for more pink gems....but now I'm really really trying not to waste my gems when I know I'll still gem the pink alicorn in time. But yeah we do need a 12 step program :)