PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Valentine Edition(IOS)

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 01:27 AM
Hi, I got a goal to download this, nice new look, but no new quest, no new dragon.

GanzEgal
02-07-14, 02:10 AM
I Love the New Look, Wish it will be always in this new dress :o

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 02:13 AM
Still no new quest, no new dragon, I think TL made some mistakes or something

GanzEgal
02-07-14, 02:27 AM
Hmm just wait a little, maybe they will add something, the update just exist a few minutes

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 02:46 AM
Hmm just wait a little, maybe they will add something, the update just exist a few minutes

Well this "few minutes" is 2 hours now. :)

GanzEgal
02-07-14, 03:04 AM
And what is with the cupid dragon? or the goodwitch, they both Look valentine like, they only came first and then the new look...

Annica5
02-07-14, 03:09 AM
Well I read something about "all-new love dragons", waiting impatiently for that! Love the new design specially the rainbow over my islands :) Hope there will be more new decor to buy, less expensive than the kissing dragons :)

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 03:10 AM
Yup but they are in the regular versions as well. When I got the download goal it said brand new dragons bla bla bla, also mentioned some new heart dragon or something.

And there is NOTHING new in the valentine version. Curious. TL is sleeping.

GanzEgal
02-07-14, 03:20 AM
Maybe youre right, but i am going to be patient and while waiting i enjoy the new look;)

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 03:41 AM
in the description it says: teddy dragon, valentine, bride and jewelry dragon (and more)

Funny, I dont remember when TL added new version with nothing inside it. Seems like it is broken.

GanzEgal
02-07-14, 05:28 AM
I got it too. Without i Wouldnt Know it exists

rosewaterlily
02-07-14, 05:37 AM
I didn't get a goal to download. I had the Valentine's version last year though, maybe we don't get to download them again?

igames4me
02-07-14, 05:46 AM
Ugh I didn't get the goal....will download once their is an actual update on the game

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 05:50 AM
Ugh I didn't get the goal....will download once their is an actual update on the game

Smart decision. Still nothing new on the "update".

bsarg2
02-07-14, 06:00 AM
I am trying to download the Valentine's Day version but it keeps saying its outdated. Does anyone know how I can get the right version? I'm just using the link inside the game.

darla1123
02-07-14, 06:37 AM
My son got a goal to download this on his iPod. But I haven't gotten anything yet on my iPhone or my daughters iPad I will wait for the goal before I download it

LadyAggie06
02-07-14, 06:39 AM
So I just dl'd this version but it opened as a separate game. So Now I have 2 DS games - 1 regular and then 1 Vday? Is that right, I have IOS.

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 06:40 AM
Six hours passed since the so-called "update" is available and there is still nothing in it.

(and not a single response from TL)

chalupa2030
02-07-14, 07:30 AM
So I just dl'd this version but it opened as a separate game. So Now I have 2 DS games - 1 regular and then 1 Vday? Is that right, I have IOS.

Yes, that is usually how it works. You don't wanna look at the valentines version forever, trust me. I loved the Halloween version! But it came a day if I saw one more orange tree I would surely perish!

asyran2012
02-07-14, 07:37 AM
Guys did anyone of u got the pop up to download this version and get 30 gold bcoz I didn't :(:(:(:(

LOL! I was just going to my Purchased section and saw DS Valentines in a new "mood" or app icon! I knew there was an update so I download it :D
Didn't know some people got pop-ups :(

igames4me
02-07-14, 07:47 AM
Six hours passed since the so-called "update" is available and there is still nothing in it.

It's still early in tl land it's currently 6:46am so they are sleeping maybe until 9 am they start
They probably didnt expect apple to approve it so fast

jus7_me89
02-07-14, 07:48 AM
I have this update in the AppStore but i will not download it yet because i didn't get the pop-up yet

drakoshka89
02-07-14, 08:04 AM
Be patient, my dear caretakers! My opinion that everything will start tomorow, cause I always have updates on tuesdays and saturdays. And I do expect a new summoning :rolleyes: haloween updates take almost a month, and this was fantastic! Hope to have the same pleasure

kooky panda
02-07-14, 08:48 AM
I am trying to download the Valentine's Day version but it keeps saying its outdated. Does anyone know how I can get the right version? I'm just using the link inside the game.
if you already had the Valentine game from last year on your device, go and do an update instead of trying to download new.

MakJulos
02-07-14, 09:06 AM

Well now official announcements or replies really isn't what TL does best LOL! I think it just hasn't kicked off properly - i bet some of us has gotten the popup and goal just from the usual randomness, i think the actual new content (and not just the weird colors lol) will follow soon. Myself i managed to get the goal reward twice somehow, and then also harvest my crops and get coins from habitats in both ordinary DS and the Valentines version.....at least i thought so, but next time i switched it was reset back, oh well... :)

ciarjen
02-07-14, 09:16 AM
The latest version I have in the App store is an update dated 5th February but it is not a Valentine edition.

freshfunin2008
02-07-14, 09:28 AM
Well it is time for a new dragon summoning for new dragons for V-Day. I got my 30 gold from the goal to download so I am always happy about free gold.

jim23cash
02-07-14, 09:57 AM
I Love the rainbows and the rainbow colors! I hope they will add some colorful decorations to purchase, too! And since they are releasing 6(?) or so new Dragons, hopefully a few habitat increases, too!
Can't wait to see what the Jewelry Dragon looks like!! (;

rsusko
02-07-14, 10:05 AM
No valentines goal or new content but that Dots goal sure won't go away lol.

Roxie_
02-07-14, 12:01 PM
Downloaded last years versie on my iphone but it doesn't work. I haven't gotten ns update yet, no pop up either :(

buttabdullah99
02-07-14, 12:02 PM
So many new things for valentines especially decoration I already did a lot of valentines decoration it's awesome

kooky panda
02-07-14, 12:08 PM
Downloaded last years versie on my iphone but it doesn't work. I haven't gotten ns update yet, no pop up either :(
Go back to iTunes and check for a version update.

Mani_Sari
02-07-14, 12:09 PM
I didn't get a pop up for this or a goal. If I download this version via App store, would I still get the 30 free gold?

ciarjen
02-07-14, 12:14 PM
I've had no pop up either nor is there an update in the App store. If you are looking for gold, I would say do not download until you get the pop up.

Mani_Sari
02-07-14, 12:23 PM
I've had no pop up either nor is there an update in the App store. If you are looking for gold, I would say do not download until you get the pop up.

Sounds good free gold is always nice. I had the pop up in my other devices, just not on the iPhone.

igames4me
02-07-14, 12:27 PM
So is there an update on the update already?

adrianelady
02-07-14, 12:38 PM
I freaking love this!!! It's so pretty and girly :)

akking158
02-07-14, 12:57 PM
i didn't get any pop-ups or goals either, although my TL games all have a small icon in the bottom left corner to remind me a new version of mystery crimes is out. :confused:

i don't have the summoning atm, and i just updated to the most recent non-valentine's version via app store on iOS. it seems like you won't get the summoning unless you update to valentines version, so you'll have to pick your poison between not getting any bonus gold and being late to the party for the summoning..

Mani_Sari
02-07-14, 01:03 PM
i didn't get any pop-ups or goals either, although my TL games all have a small icon in the bottom left corner to remind me a new version of mystery crimes is out. :confused:

i don't have the summoning atm, and i just updated to the most recent non-valentine's version via app store on iOS. it seems like you won't get the summoning unless you update to valentines version, so you'll have to pick your poison between not getting any bonus gold and being late to the party for the summoning..

I'm playing on the regular DS and I have the Summoning activity, I too recently just updated it.

akking158
02-07-14, 01:19 PM
I'm playing on the regular DS and I have the Summoning activity, I too recently just updated it.

huh that's strange. i've force closed the app and restarted the device a few times now and still nothing, wonder what could be the difference. i do have the flash tournament and a new value pack though. are you on android or iOS?

jim23cash
02-07-14, 01:19 PM
Woo hoo! And away we go!

Mani_Sari
02-07-14, 01:27 PM
huh that's strange. i've force closed the app and restarted the device a few times now and still nothing, wonder what could be the difference. i do have the flash tournament and a new value pack though. are you on android or iOS?

iOS. That is odd. I updated my iPhone and iPad at the same time and I had no pop up on the iPhone for the new version, while the iPad had it. Hopefully you get it soon, it's difficult when you fall behind during the Summoning activity.

ciarjen
02-07-14, 01:58 PM

I have got the summoning but I have not got the Valentines version in the app store.

belbar22
02-07-14, 02:37 PM
I have got the summoning but I have not got the Valentines version in the app store.

Me too. Summoning but no valentine edition.

matchbox222
02-07-14, 03:57 PM
I love the rainbow it's so colorful
Nice job teamlava

elwood99
02-07-14, 04:12 PM
I am still waiting for the popup but i have the summoning

glitterbabies
02-07-14, 05:08 PM
I love the rainbow it's so colorful
Nice job teamlava

I love it too! the hearts in the trees, the rainbows!! I may continue to play this one long after Valentines because I love the design.

chalupa2030
02-07-14, 05:13 PM
I love it too! the hearts in the trees, the rainbows!! I may continue to play this one long after Valentines because I love the design.

I agree! So colorful! My Rainbow drag looks very cool!

milliesshop27
02-07-14, 05:35 PM
I downloaded the Valentine Edition this morning when it asked if I wanted it. Well I did. So I downloaded and have been playing today. Well, when I left DS to go to RS, I come back and Valentine Edition is gone and now I'm back to my old island. Does anyone know why that happened? I play on iPad. Thanks

chalupa2030
02-07-14, 05:51 PM
On my ipad I have two separate apps. Reg DS and the Valentine DS. Do you?

I just switch between them both ~

fattom19
02-07-14, 06:26 PM
Mine won't open it says that the version is outdated

matchbox222
02-07-14, 07:07 PM
On my ipad I have two separate apps. Reg DS and the Valentine DS. Do you?

I just switch between them both ~

Me too

matchbox222
02-07-14, 07:09 PM
Mine won't open it says that the version is outdated

The one your trying is the old one try downloading the new one (This years)

sylynce
02-07-14, 08:12 PM
nice, but like the regular DS, our dragons still can't fly. DS halloween was the last version that our dragons were able to take flight.

will this bug be fixed or are our dragons grounded for good?

chalupa2030
02-07-14, 08:28 PM
nice, but like the regular DS, our dragons still can't fly. DS halloween was the last version that our dragons were able to take flight.

will this bug be fixed or are our dragons grounded for good?

My dragons fly.

ciarjen
02-08-14, 02:42 AM
Go back to iTunes and check for a version update.

I have no Valentines version on iTunes. Do you know why it is not available?

danni7788
02-08-14, 09:26 AM
I have no Valentines version on iTunes. Do you know why it is not available?

Same. Only one in my App Store is the old version.

rosewaterlily
02-08-14, 10:04 AM
Where are the people who have the updated DS Valentines? Canada? Seems like they usually get updates in the iTunes store before US/UK.

ETA: NVM I see it in the US store now but waiting to see if there's going to be a goal to download.

wth2m
02-08-14, 10:29 AM
In order to get the new version you have to 1. delete the old version if you already have it 2. Redownload the old version,but don't open it 3. Go back to App Store and there should be an update for it if you didn't open it. Hope this helps

chalupa2030
02-08-14, 10:44 AM
In order to get the new version you have to 1. delete the old version if you already have it 2. Redownload the old version,but don't open it 3. Go back to App Store and there should be an update for it if you didn't open it. Hope this helps

You do not have to delete the reg version. I never do. When the holiday is over I just delete.

The holiday version is always a separate app.

chalupa2030
02-08-14, 10:46 AM
Where are the people who have the updated DS Valentines? Canada? Seems like they usually get updates in the iTunes store before US/UK.

ETA: NVM I see it in the US store now but waiting to see if there's going to be a goal to download.

I'm in the states and it was in iTunes. If you have the val app from iTunes then go to your island goals, buy deco and collect your 30 gold!

skip60046
02-08-14, 10:53 AM
Is there a trick to getting the heart for harvesting food? I only get one every once in a while. This has happened in every special dragon summoning (Halloween, Christmas ect...).

ciarjen
02-08-14, 10:54 AM
Is there a trick to getting the heart for harvesting food? I only get one every once in a while. This has happened in every special dragon summoning (Halloween, Christmas ect...).

What food are you planting? I have planted 1hr, 5hr, 8hr and 20hr and they are all consistently dropping parts - one per hour.

skip60046
02-08-14, 11:13 AM
I guess I am a little slow on the uptake, but if you can only get one part per farm per hour in a 9 day period you would have to play 20 hours a day to achieve the goal unless you use gold?

midnightmeerkat
02-08-14, 12:04 PM
I guess I am a little slow on the uptake, but if you can only get one part per farm per hour in a 9 day period you would have to play 20 hours a day to achieve the goal unless you use gold?

What crops are you planting? I plant 5 hour diamond dates during the day as I need bulk food for my hungry dragons. They give 1 heart per hour. So that is 5 hearts per farm. 30 hearts every 5 hours. If you planted the 20 hour crop after 20 hours you would receive 20 hearts per farm ... For 6 farms that would be 120 hearts

skip60046
02-08-14, 12:12 PM
What crops are you planting? I plant 5 hour diamond dates during the day as I need bulk food for my hungry dragons. They give 1 heart per hour. So that is 5 hearts per farm. 30 hearts every 5 hours. If you planted the 20 hour crop after 20 hours you would receive 20 hearts per farm ... For 6 farms that would be 120 hearts
ok thanks for the info, i have been planting the one hour crops but only get one to two for all six farms, I'll try the longer times

ciarjen
02-08-14, 12:13 PM

You need about 100 per 24 hours. 100 divided by 6 farms equals 17 parts needed per farm, per 24 hour period.

That is doable whichever foods you are planting to suit your schedule, be it 1hr, 5hr, 8hr or 20 hour as they all give one part per hour of food growing.

midnightmeerkat
02-08-14, 12:33 PM
ok thanks for the info, i have been planting the one hour crops but only get one to two for all six farms, I'll try the longer times

For the 1 hour crop you should receive a heart per farm... If you collect quickly you won't see all of the notifications but your total should increase by 6 hearts per 6 farms.

skip60046
02-08-14, 01:19 PM
For the 1 hour crop you should receive a heart per farm... If you collect quickly you won't see all of the notifications but your total should increase by 6 hearts per 6 farms.ok thanks again, I don't want to sound like a pain in the backside but then how does it work for eggs? you cab\n not average 15 egg hatchings a day?

danni7788
02-08-14, 01:27 PM
I still can't get the valentines edition :( I have the summoning but I want the valentine theme! Downloaded from the App Store but it is the old version and it won't open. There is no other one in my App Store.

kooky panda
02-08-14, 01:34 PM
Lets keep the thread on topic . Please continue your discussions on the new summoning on the current thread.

Dragon summoning(IOS) White Rose and Teddy Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65126-Dragon-summoning(IOS)-White-Rose-and-Teddy-Dragons)

I still can't get the valentines edition :( I have the summoning but I want the valentine theme! Downloaded from the App Store but it is the old version and it won't open. There is no other one in my App Store.
Go back to iTunes and check under updates . You should have an update for the Valentine Game.

danni7788
02-08-14, 01:44 PM
Lets keep the thread on topic . Please continue your discussions on the new summoning on the current thread.

Dragon summoning(IOS) White Rose and Teddy Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65126-Dragon-summoning(IOS)-White-Rose-and-Teddy-Dragons)

Go back to iTunes and check under updates . You should have an update for the Valentine Game.

It says my game is up to date. I have a couple of valentines decor in my market.. Is this what everyone is talking about? I'm assuming there is a whole new valentines version. I'll restart my iPad and try again.

danni7788
02-08-14, 01:54 PM
Ok it didn't work but I think I know what to do. I'm going to redownload the valentines version then try to update that. Maybe that's what you've been saying all along, haha. I misunderstood. I hope this works!!

danni7788
02-08-14, 01:55 PM
That worked :) now I get it!

keytapper03
02-08-14, 03:16 PM
So which version do we play...regular or valentine? I now have both.

chalupa2030
02-08-14, 03:23 PM

Which ever you want! Delete the Valentine's when Valentine's is over:0

chalupa2030
02-08-14, 03:24 PM
That worked :) now I get it!

Now ~ go get your gold, woman!

kooky panda
02-09-14, 11:40 AM
The valentine version is the most current version to play. You can tell since it is a higher version number (1.8.2)
vs the regular game- version 1.8.1.

Sometimes with version updates, there may be some back-end bug fixes included.

danni7788
02-09-14, 04:15 PM
So I don't think this is mentioned, but there is a pink dragon that appears in the picture when you open the app (forest dragon is giving her a flower). She is really cute! Will this be a new dragon? I can't tell if it is an already existing one.. Maybe it is closest in appearance to kitsune, but I don't think so.

annbluebird
02-09-14, 07:27 PM
Still no valentines edition for android users ? ?

freshfunin2008
02-10-14, 04:07 PM
The valentine version is the most current version to play. You can tell since it is a higher version number (1.8.2)
vs the regular game- version 1.8.1.

Sometimes with version updates, there may be some back-end bug fixes included.

Yeah, beware of the back-end bug fixes. lol

chaselance
02-10-14, 11:00 PM
Am I the only one having a problem getting the 30 reward gold? I mean I downloaded the new valentines day edition on iPad and as soon as I opened app it says to buy decoration and I got my gold but than I downloaded it today on iPhone and it didn't go right to that buy decoration pop up for reward and I even went into goal book and there is no goal for it so I even tried just buying a decoration to see if it would just automatically give the reward 30 gold but even that didn't do anything. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

chalupa2030
02-11-14, 12:30 AM
Yeah, beware of the back-end bug fixes. lol

Back-end bug fix? What is that? :p

ciarjen
02-11-14, 03:32 AM
Am I the only one having a problem getting the 30 reward gold? I mean I downloaded the new valentines day edition on iPad and as soon as I opened app it says to buy decoration and I got my gold but than I downloaded it today on iPhone and it didn't go right to that buy decoration pop up for reward and I even went into goal book and there is no goal for it so I even tried just buying a decoration to see if it would just automatically give the reward 30 gold but even that didn't do anything. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

I've got two ipads and neither had any pop up for downloading valentine edition and others have reported the same. Not everybody gets these goals, they are random like gold sales - I would say one of your accounts is lucky, the other not so.

chalupa2030
02-11-14, 05:40 AM
I've got two ipads and neither had any pop up for downloading valentine edition

I never got any pop ups at all. Just went to iTunes and grabbed the Val version and downloaded it. Then the pop up came to buy some deco for the 30 gold reward. Then...Rex went on vaca and needed more deco and I got 30 more a few days later!

Now my friend didn't know about it so last night I sent her to the goal book and she found the rewards in there. I think it is all just random, like you said.

freshfunin2008
02-11-14, 10:15 AM

I think it is a polite way to say the "glitch" was fixed quietly behind the scene. lol

kooky panda
02-11-14, 11:33 AM

I think it is a polite way to say the "glitch" was fixed quietly behind the scene. lol

Pretty much.. It may be some performance enhancement for the games, or glitch that had to be fixed by an update.

echo005
02-12-14, 03:05 PM
when are we getting valentine edition for android?

mmk888
02-14-14, 01:08 AM
when are we getting valentine edition for android?

This is my first post here I think but I read a bit - I just wanted to LOL! I'm not holding my breath ;)