PDA

View Full Version : Great!!!!

tanbi1
02-07-14, 12:05 AM
So since I have a glitch that TL have never sorted, resulting in daily missions for the past year resulting in NOT ONE SINGLE ALICORN PART!!!!!!!!! Not one!!!! Am I to assume that I'm now going to go an entire YEAR without a single pink Alicorn part either. Shall I just give up now?

Queenzod
02-07-14, 12:44 AM
So since I have a glitch that TL have never sorted, resulting in daily missions for the past year resulting in NOT ONE SINGLE ALICORN PART!!!!!!!!! Not one!!!! Am I to assume that I'm now going to go an entire YEAR without a single pink Alicorn part either. Shall I just give up now?

You can if you like. It's supposed to be fun, so if you're not having fun and spend more time being irritated than not, well...

outhouse01
02-07-14, 01:16 AM
That's your choice if you wish. Read the game play and decide from there. If it irritates you so much - then - yes, give up. You are lucky. I started after val last year and do not have the choice of getting an alicorn without gems, and yes, I did buy one for gems. This one you can get, as can I, with a bit of patience. This is only a game, not the (almost) end of the world.

ciarjen
02-07-14, 02:50 AM
I've not had a single alicorn part yet in the last year either. Its disappointing particularly when you read people getting multiple parts.....but I still play because I like the game :)

drako17
02-07-14, 05:14 AM
I share your pain, tanbi1... My nightmare was getting the dragon, which was requierd for some quests... anyway, there are other multiple things to enjoy, soon I will have all my buildings level 5, mwha ha ha (oops, did I sound like the baron?)

tanbi1
02-07-14, 06:58 AM
Exactly that. It's NOT fun feeling like an outsider in the game. A YEAR of daily missions resulting in no parts. Just one measly horn would have done to make me feel like I at least existed. :( I'm concentrating on getting buildings to level 5 too. I don't know, just doesn't seem as rewarding as the cute stuff. :(

SpiritWind00
02-07-14, 07:30 PM
Tanbi1, can I ask, do you have the Love Shack (LS)???

If yes, then bide your time... I got my first horn/wing (can't remember which one) from my first Barracks adventure. The other part came about a month later. That means I have waited not quite a year also. If you do have the Shack, have you checked the box where you go to craft the Ali to make sure you haven't missed seeing it in your inventory? One of my neighbours had that happen to her, so just an idea.

If you do not have the Love Shack no parts will drop. Your only option is to buy one with gems.

Should you have the LS, forget the goal and be pleasantly surprised when it does happen. good luck friend.

tanbi1
02-07-14, 11:31 PM
I have the love shack, and I check the mission after every sorry adventure :(

tanbi1
02-07-14, 11:42 PM
I do the whole range of missions including valentines. And I send daily.

rabsos
02-08-14, 12:15 AM
Hey you and me the same, everyone is already at 2-3 alicorn a I'm over here praying for a drop...I hope we don't get stuck I just really want one but I don't like paying gems for it I want to work for so it has more meaning you know...

outhouse01
02-08-14, 12:37 AM
Hey you and me the same, everyone is already at 2-3 alicorn a I'm over here praying for a drop...I hope we don't get stuck I just really want one but I don't like paying gems for it I want to work for so it has more meaning you know...

At least you can work for it. Try being an unlucky sole who started after the val version and has no way what-so-ever in even being able to get drops or craft one. As I have stated in previous posts/threads, I bought one as I was never going to get one otherwise. Just be be thankful that you have the chance. If your sick of waiting, pay the gems.

tanbi1
02-08-14, 05:46 AM
I do indeed! :) I just want ANY part to prove I don't have a glitch, which I firmly believe I do!!!

tanbi1
02-08-14, 05:49 AM
And outhouse, I have an Alicorn!!! I think you're missing my point! I bought an Alicorn in a pack for a reasonable price! It's NOT ABOUT OWNING AN ALICORN! I dedicate time and money to this game!

tanbi1
02-08-14, 05:56 AM
A YEAR does take the biscuit a bit. :(

jim23cash
02-08-14, 07:48 AM
I just got my first Alicorn during the "Polar Adventure" goals. It took about 10 months to finally get a horn, BUT by that time I also had 5 wings. It seems unlikely you wouldn't have gotten a single Alicorn part of any kind in 12 months. There were a lot of us writing on an Alicorn thread about not having one or the other part, but I think we were mostly all in same spot: multiples of one part, none of another.
That sounds glitchy!

jim23cash
02-08-14, 07:52 AM
Are you on Android? If so, you may still be able to download last years Val version. If that's possible, you could try deleting your game and downloading last year's Val Version. I don't know for sure that it will still be there, but at Halloween a lot of Android users were downloading previous years versions of other games so they could have more choices in decor.
Just a thought.

ciarjen
02-08-14, 08:12 AM
I just got my first Alicorn during the "Polar Adventure" goals. It took about 10 months to finally get a horn, BUT by that time I also had 5 wings. It seems unlikely you wouldn't have gotten a single Alicorn part of any kind in 12 months. There were a lot of us writing on an Alicorn thread about not having one or the other part, but I think we were mostly all in same spot: multiples of one part, none of another.
That sounds glitchy!

I've not had any alicorn part either in the last year. I've seen other people post the same experience too.

tanbi1
02-08-14, 11:57 PM
I'm on iPad. :( Trust me, if I had even ONE part, it wouldn't be an issue!! It's not that I haven't completed the Alicorn, it's that I haven't STARTED it?! after a YEAR! and I play a lot! I'm actually gutted. :( People are shooting me down, saying I can buy one, or I'm moaning about nothing, they don't get it. It feels broken...it's just frustrating me. :( I am OCD which clearly isn't helping...although I must stress it's not the finishing of that's ****ing me, it is the complete lack. Waaaah!

Might even help if I could just delete the mission!!!! But I can't. It's just there! Staring at me! Lol

shambalaya
02-09-14, 06:33 AM
Did you complete all the valentine/thurston goals? I started in February last year and I didn't have 5 golden nuggets to complete the bling bling necklace quest for MONTHS. I was so frustrated, because the alicorn parts don't drop until you've finished that quest and a couple more after that.

AuntyRose32
02-09-14, 06:56 AM
A year later and no Wing for me either :( I feel your pain tanbi1 and understand what you're saying. Could I buy an Alicorn...yes I could, I've spent so much money on these games I could have bought one many, many times over but why do that when I should be able to craft it? It ****s some of the fun to just buy these items in my opinion (although I do understand why people buy the Alicorn, he's just so great!) I'm not in any rush to complete goals unless they are timed, I enjoy waiting and having that rare part pop up one day but twelve months later...that just seems excessive to me. So it's not that I'm impatient but like you I feel like there is something wrong or glitchy about this quest in my game. I'm destined never to have my Alicorn I think. I'll be lucky to get all that's needs to craft my pink Alicorn...(don't like the timed part of this goal...sigh) but still, keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

outhouse01
02-09-14, 06:04 PM
And outhouse, I have an Alicorn!!! I think you're missing my point! I bought an Alicorn in a pack for a reasonable price! It's NOT ABOUT OWNING AN ALICORN! I dedicate time and money to this game!

Hi, I have left my response to you for a few days and have read your other posts.

I do understand what you are saying. I was just looking at it from a different view from someone that does not even have that option.

This game can be frustrating from time to time. It can also be rewarding. Just play, and one day, it/they will come. I wish you luck. When you get an alicorn part, or the pink one, let us know. I will be there ready and waiting to congratulate you. Cheers.

tanbi1
02-10-14, 05:40 AM
:)) Thank you. Best of luck. :)

55Merida
02-11-14, 01:38 PM
I just laugh now.... I have 4 (count 'em four!!!) Sacred Horns and not one Sacred Wing for the alicorn. I have been playing for over a year now as well and have the Love Shack (former Valentines Edition Player). It gives me something to look forward to for 2014 and I am just glad that I am able to craft the pink one which is WAY cuter than the white one anyway. In my opinion anyway.
I have only one dragon, but I have managed to get 3 Manticore eggs. There is no rhyme or reason and no reason for me to feel like a victim of unfair luck distribution. Its a game and so shall I play it that way.

boxesj
02-12-14, 04:27 AM
I thought I was the only one still have goals from last valentine edition... I don't have any wings either.

How do you get a dragon? I did stop playing for a while as so frustrating getting the alicorn. Have I missed any big missions?

55Merida
02-12-14, 07:01 AM
I thought I was the only one still have goals from last valentine edition... I don't have any wings either.

How do you get a dragon? I did stop playing for a while as so frustrating getting the alicorn. Have I missed any big missions?

I'd have to say yes. It got slow for a while but TL has really come up with some new story lines, and expansions for the advanced players. Ive read they are also planning a future release where there will be more levels and those past 30 will automatically move to the level they would have been according to their XP points, etc. There has been the Winter ones like the Inn, the reindeer hut, those were timed. The faerie respite which is gorgeous, they have brought back the valentine items for purchase but no love shack, and now the pink alicorn. I'm sure I've missed one to mention (or more) depending on when you stopped playing)

tanbi1
02-19-14, 12:20 AM
PLEASE delete my original Alicorn mission from my mission list. *sobs* It's driving me insane. :(

meme1098
02-19-14, 09:43 AM
Just ignore it and keep playing. One time when you check your inventory or the love shack for some reason, you'll see that elusive part dropped without you even knowing. It happened to me that way.

I hate the game goals that keep resetting the timer so they never expire. Those are the ones irritating the bajeebers out of me since they don't relate to my CS game play.

Queenzod
02-19-14, 10:03 AM
Just ignore it and keep playing. One time when you check your inventory or the love shack for some reason, you'll see that elusive part dropped without you even knowing. It happened to me that way.

I hate the game goals that keep resetting the timer so they never expire. Those are the ones irritating the bajeebers out of me since they don't relate to my CS game play.

And the fact that multiple people have complained about this and TL has said outright that they're not going to do anything about it! Sure, go ahead, spit in my face for making a reasonable request.

There's lots to be irritated about. I get worked up and then I have to go away for a while and let it go. Tanbi1, you're obsessing over your alicorn parts and it's ruining your game play. I know, my current obsession is people who won't read the forum. What would it mean if you could let it go, and how could you do that? Just trying to be helpful.

tanbi1
02-19-14, 10:30 AM
Hands up., I feel *****ed! Not gonna deny it!!

rachmac07
02-19-14, 10:32 AM
No one is forcing you to play the game. Take a breather. Have a coffee. Go for a nice walk and smell some flowers.

It. Is. Just. A. Game.

kooky panda
02-19-14, 10:52 AM
I am sorry for everyone still trying to get your wings/horns for the alicorn.
These items are rare drops. You can continue your discussion on the current Alicorn thread.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?45933-Alicorn-Thread&p=539475&viewfull=1#post539475