PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 02/06/2014 Pink Alicorn-LIMITED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Aggwynn
02-06-14, 12:01 PM
Hi All!

We hope you're ready for today's update ;)

1) Valentine Quest Line
- Available to players Level 16+
- Complete this quest line for a big surprise
- There are 3 Limited Time quests embedded in the quest line. You do not need to complete them in order to progress, but completing them will help you get ahead.

2) Pink Alicorn is available for purchase in the Market
- Unique Pink Alicorn is available for this month only
- Like the legendary white Alicorn, this one drops energy as well! But due to the nature of the Pink Alicorn (immature, and very young) the energy that it drops will be in random amounts.

Next week will be fun for those who have Greselda =O

- Aggwynn and Glimmergate

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 12:02 PM
Edit- 3-2-14- The option to purchase the Pink Alicorn will be removed on Monday- 3-3-14.

edit(KP)-
You will only be able to craft 1 Pink Alicorn by the Goals. Any additional Pink Alicorn can be exchanged with Gems through the Market.

New Item in Market:
Pink Alicorn 250 gems

Goals:
You need to be on at least level 16 and have Old Thomas and Ivy already turned into humans.

General Goal Notes:
* Once you start this quest line, you have an UNLIMITED amount of time to finish it. (But the timed goals are still timed. However, you do not have to complete them to continue the quest line. Completing them just helps you do the entire quest line faster.)
* As you can see from the requirements, this quest line was designed to take a long time to complete.
* However, the quest line will expire/disappear IF YOU DO NOT START IT. So start the quest line by visiting Old Thomas even if you don't want to pursue the entire quest line right now.
* The first goal (Rumors Start Somewhere) will expire on February 28, 2014. You must start that goal to be able to continue the quest line!

1. Rumors Start Somewhere
Visit Old Thomas's House
Reward: 240 coins and 2 XP

2. Auction War for the Pink Sapphire
NOTE: This is a TIMED GOAL. The timer does not start until after you complete the first goal. Do not complete the first goal if you do not want the timer to start.
24 hour time limit
40 Auctioneer's Ingots
* craft Ingots in Forge (5000 coins, 30 min craft time)
Reward: Large Pink Sapphire
**If you do not complete this goal in time, it is okay. You can get what you need for the next goal by other means (mines, etc.). It will just take you longer to gather the sapphires.

3. Faux Real?
Craft Pink Horn in Workshop (50 pink sapphire crystals, 50 bones, 1 lathe, 1 day craft time)
* Large Pink Sapphire (from Goal 2) is ground down in the workshop (2 hours grind time) to get many Pink Sapphire Crystals. You collect the rest by mining (collect from mines and smashing the various rock piles).
* craft lathe in workshop (5 wood beams, 3 simple glue, 20 iron ore, 4 hour craft time)
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP, Pink Horn

4. Bartering for Feathers
NOTE: Another timed goal. Timer starts when you complete Goal 3.
24 hour time limit
10 Stout Axes
* craft axes in forge (10 iron ore, 1 wood beam, 2 hour craft time)
* reward is pink feathers - received a report of 30 pink feathers

5. What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips
Craft a Pink Wing in workshop (50 feathers, 10 super glue, 1 sliver frame, 1 day craft time)
* craft feathers in workshop (1 red dye, 20 white petals, 30 min craft time) -- each craft gives multiple feathers! You do not have to do this 50 times.
* craft silver frame in forge (90 silver, 60 iron ore, 30 coal, 8 hours)

6. Mercurial Apothecaries
NOTE: Timed goal. Timer starts when you complete Goal 5.
24 hour time limit
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones
Reward: 10 Enchanter's Essences

7. Follow the Rainbow to Find...
Craft a Rainbow Kit in workshop (20 Enchanter's Essence, 99 water, 1 Prism, 1 day craft time)
* Prism is a rare drop from the mines and dark formations(dark formations are rare box items from adventures)
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP

8. Moment of Truth
Present the Pink Horn
Present the Pink Wing
Create the Rainbow
Reward: PINK ALICORN!

9. Wimpy Pinky
Pet the Baby Pink Alicorn
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/B815A5C7-33AA-43FE-B03B-0E9E1BECD156_zpsqq4kpafy.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/B815A5C7-33AA-43FE-B03B-0E9E1BECD156_zpsqq4kpafy.jpg.html)

Finally get my pink Alicorn

Thank you TL for this update

Baby alicorn has a four hour tending cycle. It takes seven tends to grow.

The pink alicorn, once fully grown and tended, gives energy once per 22 hours. I sped it up a few times to test, and it gave me 4, and 5 energies respectively.

s_creen
02-06-14, 12:14 PM
can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

sunnygirl634
02-06-14, 12:19 PM
Will next week's Greselda Quest be a limited time quest?

HistoryGirl7
02-06-14, 12:24 PM
So psyched!

avidbeader
02-06-14, 12:28 PM
Bouncing off the walls!

dezzzila
02-06-14, 12:29 PM
Ahh so excited!!!!! :D:D:D

zuma022
02-06-14, 12:30 PM
I'm too scared to collect from buildings, start any cooking or crafting or even trade and adventures out of fear that we'll need exactly that! Anyone else not touching their kingdom until the update is live?

dezzzila
02-06-14, 12:31 PM
I'm too scared to collect from buildings, start any cooking or crafting or even trade and adventures out of fear that we'll need exactly that! Anyone else not touching their kingdom until the update is live?

I was literally going to say the EXACT thing. I just got out of class, have full energy and all building that need to be collected from, but I am going to not touch them until after the update is live :) Not going to risk anything with limited time quests!

cityfan
Is there going to be. Valentines edition to download? Or an update in the regular edition?

kooky panda
I always hold off on Thursdays! I have not even opened my game yet today!LOL

avidbeader
02-06-14, 12:32 PM
I haven't gone in the game for hours because I'm scared I will accidently collect from something I was trying to save for the update.

kooky panda
02-06-14, 12:32 PM
Is there going to be. Valentines edition to download? Or an update in the regular edition?
Since Castle has not gotten any previous seasonal updates this past year, I would guess that the new items will probably just be pushed into the game.

jptheripper
02-06-14, 12:34 PM
Stopped collecting quickies at 1 so I would have full energy, have my alicorns set to refill Thursday so I can use right away .

thalanays
02-06-14, 12:35 PM
How much longer !!! Lol :)

kooky panda
02-06-14, 12:39 PM
Okay confess up! How many of you are now starting to force close your game to see if the update has come out early??? LOL

midnightmeerkat
02-06-14, 12:41 PM
Okay confess up! How many of you are now starting to force close your game to see if the update has come out early??? LOL

Not me. (But I am visiting neighbours....) Lol!

thalanays
02-06-14, 12:43 PM
I've been checking! What time is it supposed to come out.

meme1098
I've planted some cocoa and sugar and collected it, and collected from farm animals but that's it for today so far.

hottrthanhott
- Like the legendary white Alicorn, this one drops energy as well! But due to the nature of the Pink Alicorn (immature, and very young) the energy that it drops will be in random amounts.

2 QUESTIONS:
1) What's the range of the random drops on energy from the pink Alicorn? 20-40? Over 40?
2) Is the quests tied to greselda timed as well?

I haven't been able to acquire the Burning Ember needed for the dragon, which scales are required to progress on that quest... I have sent my knights to the desert more than 40 times..,

Thank you

vontalken
02-06-14, 12:46 PM
Hi All!

1) Valentine Quest Line
- There are 3 Limited Time quests embedded in the quest line. You do not need to complete them in order to progress, but completing them will help you get ahead.

Does this mean that the timer starts when we reach that part of the quest? i.e. if the timer is 2 days for the quest and it takes me a 3 days to get to the embedded quest that triggers it.. will i still have two days to complete it or will it just not show up?

meme1098
02-06-14, 12:50 PM
Timed quests within a quest....dear me...the clock on the timed part of the quest line better not start until you actually reach it. Otherwise, that doesn't seem fair at all.

Em_storm
02-06-14, 12:54 PM

Have Greselda or have Greselda and her castle? That key scroll has proven quite pesky, and if I don't hatch my dragon egg soon I'm liable to fry it up!

m1stery
02-06-14, 01:02 PM
Have Greselda or have Greselda and her castle? That key scroll has proven quite pesky, and if I don't hatch my dragon egg soon I'm liable to fry it up!

If I remember correctly you can't have one without the other. You have to build Greselda's Castle to have her start walking around your kingdom.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 01:03 PM
first step, visit old Thomas's house.
240 coins and 2 xp reward
next step forge 40 ingots at the forge, 30 mins and 5000 coins

eepopp
02-06-14, 01:05 PM

The timed element is that you have to craft 40 ingots in 24 hours....

sabrinashal
02-06-14, 01:06 PM

next to give auctioneer's ingot X40

(you need to use magic forge)

s_creen
02-06-14, 01:06 PM
40 ingots in one shot?

rosym47
02-06-14, 01:07 PM
Pink Alicorn costs 250 gems

dizzy7373
40 ingots in one shot?

looks like it is 1 ingot per craft, will know for sure in 29 minutes......

meme1098
You only get 1 ingot each so gotta do it 20 times @ 30 min. each forge. 5,000 coins X 40 craftings = 200,000 coins for the lower level players. Hope they've saved up.

s_creen
02-06-14, 01:08 PM
it's 10 hours with no sleep(((

esmerelda35
02-06-14, 01:08 PM
looks like it is 1 ingot per craft, will know for sure in 29 minutes......

Hopefully more than 1 ingot per craft if we only have 24 hours to do it, and it takes 30 minutes, and we need 40 of them! Will be waking up every 30 minutes during the night!

anissada
02-06-14, 01:09 PM
40 ingots in one shot?

lol, i guess not... that way we would be flying through this quest

Anyuszko
02-06-14, 01:10 PM
Andr?s I go to sleep in some minutes :((

But I dont understand. They said it is 3 time lined quests which you do not have to complete in order. But there is just one quest. How it would be 3?

esmerelda35
02-06-14, 01:10 PM
Aaaaah...didn't realize we could have more than one forge!! That helps!! Just built a second one. Stupid me - I have two kitchens, hatcheries, stables, etc., of course I should've realized we could have two forges!

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:14 PM
it's 10 hours with no sleep(((

Yep...10 hours with 2 forges....wow. Not good TL. Why do you do this people? Some get started in a different time zone and then go to bed, when they get up 8 hours later is the timer gonna be right or be cutting them off like it has done in the past? Is this a true 24 hour timer?

dizzy7373
Hopefully more than 1 ingot per craft if we only have 24 hours to do it, and it takes 30 minutes, and we need 40 of them! Will be waking up every 30 minutes during the night!

Cost 2 gems to speed up each forge, got 1 ingot per forge.
so 80 gems to speed this segment,

dezzzila
Aaaaah...didn't realize we could have more than one forge!! That helps!! Just built a second one. Stupid me - I have two kitchens, hatcheries, stables, etc., of course I should've realized we could have two forges!

HAHAHA neither did I! Thank you for realizing this lmao

ciarjen
02-06-14, 01:15 PM
Assuming it is going to take us up to 24 hours to do this part of the quest, do you now start collecting from everything and using your energy?

ciarjen
02-06-14, 01:16 PM
Yep...10 hours with 2 forges....wow. Not good TL. Why do you do this people? Some get started in a different time zone and then go to bed, when they get up 8 hours later is the timer gonna be right or be cutting them off like it has done in the past? Is this a true 24 hour timer?

I think the timer only started on this one after you had visited Thomas house.

Anyuszko
02-06-14, 01:18 PM
What I really wonder what would come after this part. I idont think the quest is over after craft ing 40 something

meme1098
Assuming it is going to take us up to 24 hours to do this part of the quest, do you now start collecting from everything and using your energy?

if you have 2 forges and are not in a time zone overseas where you go to bed soon, it can be done in 10 hours.

Petasos

Correct and it is only 2 gems to hurry one ingot.

my607
That's awful if u only get 1 and it's 30 minutes to craft. Everyone needs to eat, sleep, work and etc. Then we need 40 of them.

bethmadison
Andr?s I go to sleep in some minutes :((

But I dont understand. They said it is 3 time lined quests which you do not have to complete in order. But there is just one quest. How it would be 3?

No it says there are three time limited quests but you don't have to complete them to continue ("in order") to continue on with trying to get the pink alicorn. But these quests will be helpful in trying to get the pink alicorn. If you read it a bit differently then it makes more sense.

So if people don't finish this times quest, which seems easy enough as long as you have the money and can part with the time, then they will still get to go on with the quest it just may be a little harder.

Anyuszko
02-06-14, 01:20 PM
So if people don't finish this times quest, which seems easy enough as long as you have the money and can part with the time, then they will still get to go on with the quest it just may be a little harder.

Or costs more :)

sabbywabbys
02-06-14, 01:21 PM
Well im going go sleep soon and im crafting a mithril in the forge which wont be ready until tmrw night so if i dont collect from old thomas house until my forge is free i have two but i want to use both at once then do i still get 24 hrs to craft those ingots?

luke1100
02-06-14, 01:21 PM
The pink alicorn quest line......I'm crafting in the magic forge now.....does this actually give u everything to get the pink alicorn or do I just have to spend gems to get it?

luminariaflora
02-06-14, 01:22 PM

Me neither... I was clueless. Thank you!!

meme1098

Yes..but think of the players who start it in a different time zone and are going to sleep soon. I would be nervous about the timer finishing early like it has done in the past. TL knows how everyone feels about the timed quests so why make it hard on the lower level players and ones who might have even stayed up late to get the quest started. Make the time more reasonable for all - like 36 hours or so.

cityfan

Me!!!!

Em_storm
02-06-14, 01:24 PM
If I remember correctly you can't have one without the other. You have to build Greselda's Castle to have her start walking around your kingdom.

Okay, big "duh" on my part! I forgot that just because she had already popped up on my screen she wasn't actually walking around my kingdom yet. Thank you... Oh key scroll, where art thou?

josh090813
What is the fastest way to earn coins? I'll be running out soon if I try to keep up with this quest

dezzzila
I seriously can't believe I am a level 29 and didn't realize that I could have two forges...

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:25 PM
Well im going go sleep soon and im crafting a mithril in the forge which wont be ready until tmrw night so if i dont collect from old thomas house until my forge is free i have two but i want to use both at once then do i still get 24 hrs to craft those ingots?

This is my point exactly:

TL, why do you do this to people?

What is the fastest way to earn coins? I'll be running out soon if I try to keep up with this quest

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 01:26 PM
Currently 8pm Uk time.
in 2 hours I can get 8 ingots.
wake in the morning and collect the next 2, set 2 off and collect them, then set another 2 running before going to work.
back from work, collect those 2, that then gives 5 hours left of the 24 hour timer.
so 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 20 gives a total of 36.
So I need gems to make the deadline, or risk being tired at work.
Not sure if the 24 hours applies to just this step or to the rest of the quest.
Not a good move :(

s_creen
thomas and ivy talked about strawberry smth) i think we need to plant!

bethmadison
Yes..but think of the players who start it in a different time zone and are going to sleep soon. I would be nervous about the timer finishing early like it has done in the past. TL knows how everyone feels about the timed quests so why make it hard on the lower level players and ones who might have even stayed up late to get the quest started. Make the time more reasonable for all - like 36 hours or so.

Because it's a pretty reasonable time frame not starting until you get through with old Tomas and it's not a needed to be finished quest in order to continue on with the quest line.

I don't get the complaining on this one...

Thanks TL, I'm excited to be able to get a pink alicorn even if. I have to buy it, the gem level is so much lower than that of the regular alicorn... Plus it's pink!

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:29 PM
Currently 8pm Uk time.
in 2 hours I can get 8 ingots.
wake in the morning and collect the next 2, set 2 off and collect them, then set another 2 running before going to work.
back from work, collect those 2, that then gives 5 hours left of the 24 hour timer.
so 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 20 gives a total of 36.
So I need gems to make the deadline, or risk being tired at work.
Not sure if the 24 hours applies to just this step or to the rest of the quest.
Not a good move :(

I don't think TL thinks these things through very well. 36 hours would have been a lot more reasonable taking all the variables into account.

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:31 PM
Because it's a pretty reasonable time frame not starting until you get through with old Tomas and it's not a needed to be finished quest in order to continue on with the quest line.

I don't get the complaining on this one...

Thanks TL, I'm excited to be able to get a pink alicorn even if. I have to buy it, the gem level is so much lower than that of the regular alicorn... Plus it's pink!

I'm only expressing my concern for lower level players, players in a different time zone, those that actually have a job, etc. It won't be a problem for me but I have compassion for my fellow nbrs and other players

QueenCarolyn
02-06-14, 01:32 PM
Well, I am in trouble. One of my forges is converting silver to mithril, and is busy. It will take 121 gems to finish it faster.

How important is the 24 hours part, I wonder?

hugpete
02-06-14, 01:33 PM
You only get 1 ingot each so gotta do it 20 times @ 30 min. each forge. 5,000 coins X 40 craftings = 200,000 coins for the lower level players. Hope they've saved up.

Yeah, I don't have 200k and it's literally impossible for me to get it in the time allotted. Sad.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 01:35 PM
Because it's a pretty reasonable time frame not starting until you get through with old Tomas

Which you don't know until after you have collected from Old Thomas's house, So those of us that are here now, know this info. Plenty of people will start the quest before coming to the forum.

it's not a needed to be finished quest in order to continue on with the quest line.

We don't know yet what is meant by
H

It's cheaper because the energy drop is random.
instead of a guaranteed 40 energy a week, you may only get 10 a week. a wizard school gives more than that per day.
Though the pink alicorn is much prettier.

This isn't a dig at you beth, just explaining the frustration. :)

s_creen
02-06-14, 01:36 PM
Well, I am in trouble. One of my forges is converting silver to mithril, and is busy. It will take 121 gems to finish it faster.

if u speed up ingot crafting, it takes 2gems, 80 gems for 40 ingots vs 121 for mithril. better way i think

my607
02-06-14, 01:36 PM
Please let us know Mini Laura if what you said is correct. Thanks

Petasos
02-06-14, 01:37 PM

Not true instead of hurrying mithril just hurry the ingots one at a time. they cost 2 gems per ingot = 80 gems total.

ciarjen
02-06-14, 01:37 PM

This has happened to me in the past, it's almost bedtime here but I think this is different..... my understanding is that everyone gets 24 hours on this regardless of their timezone. The individual starts the clock themselves by visiting Thomas.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 01:38 PM
Please let us know Mini Laura if what you said is correct. Thanks

I will! Assuming I get an answer from TL. Perhaps someone who has not yet done the first goal can let us know. (Might be faster to get an answer that way!)

my607
02-06-14, 01:38 PM
It would make sense if its after you finished the first goal.

mymummy789
02-06-14, 01:39 PM
This has happened to me in the past, it's almost bedtime here but I think this is different..... my understanding is that everyone gets 24 hours on this regardless of their timezone. The individual starts the clock themselves by visiting Thomas.

that is what I think too. There have been limited time quests like this in other TL games and each player has their own timer depending on when they start the quest. I am off to bed soon so I won't be starting this until I wake up (in the uk).

sabrinashal
02-06-14, 01:40 PM
if u speed up ingot crafting, it takes 2gems, 80 gems for 40 ingots vs 121 for mithril. better way i think

wth?!!!!

no!!!!

its better to just put those gems to a better use

he can just craft what he can and then pay the gems without speeding up

its 160 gems per 40 ingots to skip without the crafting

so its like 4 gems per ingots when you skip it!

arikasi
02-06-14, 01:41 PM
I don't have a quest to visit old Thomas house. Am I meant to just visit it anyway for the quest to trigger?

youbugme
02-06-14, 01:42 PM

Not sure if this is a good option for you, but you could opt to store your forge, then bring it back out. I guess you wild forfeit the mithril but get use of the forge.
Good luck to you.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 01:42 PM

I think the concern is that 25 hours in TL land is usually around 22 hours.....
so starting in the evening gives a couple of hours, then bedtime, then an hour or so, then work and then the remaining time, whereas starting in the early afternoon gives a straight run of around 8 to 10 hours and after bed an hour before work to finish off, If the time is cut short for them, then it is cut short whilst they are at work and they have completed it, whereas in the UK it will be cut short tomorrow afternoon just as we are squeezing in the last few collections

sassmastah
02-06-14, 01:43 PM
Guys I'm really bad at math and estimating things. Could someone help me figure out whether it is worth it for me to do this quest?

I currently have $70,000. Is it possible to come up with another $130,000 in 24 hours if I only collect from crops and coin buildings. I also have two wizard schools. I can play consistently without letting my energy reach max for the next 8 hours. I sleep for 7 hours and go to work after that. So realistically I could play for maybe another 3 hours total throughout the final 8 hours. I'm on Level 27 and have fully planted fields with only a few carrots planted - so no crops will be carrots.

Is it possible? $130,000 in about 11 hrs of actual playing time? It would just **** me to waste coins trying and not succeeding - especially because I was just starting to save up for mt $500,000 skunkupine.

Any math geniuses with insight will be appreciated.

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:43 PM

Yes, after you visit Thomas' the timer starts. What if - in you're time zone, you start the quest and only have time to do a few ingots before it's time for bed? There's 8 hours lost...you still have time to finish if you have 2 forges and keep constantly crafting....but what if now you have to go to your job? ...another 8 or so hours lost crafting. It's cutting it awfully close or it's near impossible. I'm just concerned for some of my great nbrs not being able to finish on time like some of the other timed quests. I lost a lot nbrs because of them but a few did stay and stick it out. So I'm hoping this one won't do them in too.

ciarjen
02-06-14, 01:44 PM
I don't have a quest to visit old Thomas house. Am I meant to just visit it anyway for the quest to trigger?

No, dont visit the house. Did you check all your quests....there is nothing saying new?

Luna48
If you are going to invest your gems in this one you can finish an ingot with only one gem after 15 minutes. Half the time to finish (15 mins) half the gem cost (1 gem). Not a bad investment and it really shortens the time. I say this only for those players who can or like to use gems to complete tasks.

Petasos
wth?!!!!

no!!!!

Why would you spend 4 gems per ingot to skip the quest when you can pay 2 gems per ingot to hurry them?

bobbo26
Skipped a lot and here is the stuff it wanted....

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)
20 enchanter ess (you get 5 free from quest)
rare item from deep mines/mines/dark cave formations mining

Stopped there for now at work.... so didn't copy all the info

mmaniac
02-06-14, 01:45 PM
Guys don't fret... It looks as if even in you cannot make enough ingots you will be fine. The next steps involve winning a big sapphire that you can grind down to 40 smaller bits. You can get the smaller bits from rocks/mining - just takes longer to get the 50 required

MiniLaura
You have to be Level 16 or above.
If you are, it should just show up. Force close your game and open it again if it doesn't show up.
If it still doesn't show up, delete the game from your device and reinstall it.

dizzy7373
wth?!!!!

no!!!!

4 gems per ingot to skip is 160 gems, speeding up is 2 gems per ingot, so 80 gems.
If you can let them go 16 mins before speeding up then it is only 1 gem per ingot.
All depends on whether you can afford the 200,000 coins to craft the ingots.
spending gems to buy coins is NOT recommended.

arikasi
02-06-14, 01:46 PM
Nothing saying new and no new announcement for the pink alicorn though it is in the market.

Help! Oh dear that horrible sinking feeling of something gone wrong. My son had his quest appear when he entered the game. I logged out logged back in, closed the game, closed the pad... no quest.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 01:48 PM
Can anyone who has NOT completed the goal to go to Old Thomas's House please tell me what the name/title of the goal is? Thanks!

meme1098
02-06-14, 01:48 PM
Not sure if this is a good option for you, but you could opt to store your forge, then bring it back out. I guess you wild forfeit the mithril but get use of the forge.
Good luck to you.
Don't think it's possible to store crafting buildings.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 01:49 PM
Guys I'm really bad at math and estimating things. Could someone help me figure out whether it is worth it for me to do this quest?

I currently have $70,000. Is it possible to come up with another $130,000 in 24 hours if I only collect from crops and coin buildings. I also have two wizard schools. I can play consistently without letting my energy reach max for the next 8 hours. I sleep for 7 hours and go to work after that. So realistically I could play for maybe another 3 hours total throughout the final 8 hours. I'm on Level 27 and have fully planted fields with only a few carrots planted - so no crops will be carrots.

Is it possible? $130,000 in about 11 hrs of actual playing time? It would just **** me to waste coins trying and not succeeding - especially because I was just starting to save up for mt $500,000 skunkupine.

Any math geniuses with insight will be appreciated.

depends how many plots you have, corn gives a profit of 20 per 3 mins.
but obviously you need the energy to keep collecting

Anyuszko
02-06-14, 01:50 PM

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)

Thanks . Can you tell me after you complete (skip ) the ingot part , does the timer start again?

bluebellgirl68
02-06-14, 01:53 PM
I had no hope of completing the ingots as I had just paid out most of my coins for an expansion and hadn't been collecting many lately as I've had loads of crafting and resource collecting to do. I quite fancied the pink alicorn so I used gems to skip the ingots quest and have now moved on to the next stage which isn't time limited so I can now sit on it till I can fit it in. Also I can't be sure but the wording of the next part of the quest implies that if you don't manage the ingots in time you might still get to the next stage but will have to collect more materials from mining. I know using gems won't suit everyone and I still feel a bit guilty for not 'earning' it but hey ho I get a lot of enjoyment out of this game and if it occasionally costs me a couple of ?'s (UK) well so be it.

sassmastah
02-06-14, 01:53 PM

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)

OMG. Are you serious? That's the most insane quest line I've ever seen. Thank you so much for skipping ahead and letting us know. If I had wasted $200,000 coins doing the first part and couldn't continue after that because it's a timed quest, I would have thrown my iPad at the wall and quit the game altogether. This is my first time with a timed quest (just started playing in Sept) and I've read about how much people hate them on the forum, but didn't truly understand until now. This is [] ridiculous.

girufel
02-06-14, 01:54 PM
Can anyone who has NOT completed the goal to go to Old Thomas's House please tell me what the name/title of the goal is? Thanks!
Rumors start somewhere

s_creen
02-06-14, 01:56 PM
next step - craft pink horn(workshop, 1 day) - 50 pink sappfire, 50 bones, 1lathe(5 w.beams, 3 simple glue, 20iron ore, 4 hour)

FlowerBurst
Good luck to you.

I'm in the same boat--tried to store the forge that was crafting the mithril, but it was not an option.

meme1098

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)
20 enchanter ess(you get 5 free from quest)

Ah...there are those mermaid scales again. 5 each, I believe, for each bottle
That's a lot mushrooms and white petals, too.
Guess I'll get all my flowers & bushes back out.

bobbo26
02-06-14, 01:58 PM
Thanks . Can you tell me after you complete (skip ) the ingot part , does the timer start again?

I think it was 2 after ingot it started another 24 hour timer to make 10 axes 2 hours each in magic forge

s_creen
02-06-14, 02:00 PM
btw pink horn quest is not timing quest

belbar22

Rumours Start Somewhere

josh090813
Sounds like I'll be sitting out the first part. No way to earn enough coins in time

girufel
02-06-14, 02:01 PM
So, did I get it right that the quest in itself is not time limited? Only the ignots part (and other parts to come). I need to know if I should even start it. I'm on zero sap, zero scales and low on ores. This will take me ages.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 02:01 PM
Am I missing something..?... Why pay to speed up forge or bypass or whatever, when the alicorn is sitting in the market for 250 gems....?

my607
02-06-14, 02:03 PM
Thanks for info bobo.

my607
02-06-14, 02:05 PM
Not everyone wants to pay 250 gems for it. Some people might not have gems.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 02:07 PM
Am I missing something..?... Why pay to speed up forge or bypass or whatever, when the alicorn is sitting in the market for 250 gems....?

I reckon I will spend around 50 gems or so for the ingot part, the next step looks OK, Not sure what the skip or speed up cost is for the axe part.
So for me, it may cost around 100 - 150 gems to get the alicorn, which is better than 250.
Others may take a different approach

NorthWoodsKingdom
Not everyone wants to pay 250 gems for it. Some people might not have gems.

..but ppl are talking about spending gems to bypass or speed forge...in addition to 200k coins...what's the diff??

arikasi
Reinstalling fixed it, now, to start or not to start the quest yet...

s_creen
next step(3) - Bartering For Feathers - 10 stout axes (forge, 10 iron ore, 1 w.beam, 2 hour per 1 item)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 02:10 PM
I reckon I will spend around 50 gems or so for the ingot part, the next step looks OK, Not sure what the skip or speed up cost is for the axe part.
So for me, it may cost around 100 - 150 gems to get the alicorn, which is better than 250.
Others may take a different approach
What's your time worth, with no sleep trying to finish a timed quest... 100 gems equals a cpl bucks. My sleep is more precious lol

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 02:11 PM

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)

thanks for the info, makes planning ahead a lot easier, but 3 of these items are from the potion shop and the sap is a hard to come by item.
no workshop and no kitchen items for this part, but 3 of them are made in the potion shop.
Whats wrong with spreading the workload.
From my point of view, the enchanters essence is the only one I don't have a good stock of, but plenty of lower level players will struggle.

meme1098
02-06-14, 02:13 PM
Reinstalling fixed it, now, to start or not to start the quest yet...

MiniLaura was asking for the name of the original quest. What's the quest name before tapping Thomas' house?

dizzy7373
What's your time worth, with no sleep trying to finish a timed quest... 100 gems equals a cpl bucks. My sleep is more precious lol

And the stress and worry ......
good point on the whats my time worth :)

bethmadison
Guys don't fret... It looks as if even in you cannot make enough ingots you will be fine. The next steps involve winning a big sapphire that you can grind down to 40 smaller bits. You can get the smaller bits from rocks/mining - just takes longer to get the 50 required

Apparently people aren't reading this!!!!

So it is exactly what is posted in the beginning. These three timed quests will HELP you complete the entire UNTIMED alicorn quest faster, but are not a requirement to finishing the Alicorn quest, these timed quests will make it easier but there is still a way to finish it may take longer. The Pink Alicorn is not a timed quest in itself.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 02:14 PM
next step(3) - Bartering For Feathers - 10 stout axes (forge, 10 iron ore, 1 w.beam, 2 hour per 1 item)

Can you confirm if this is also a timed quest?

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 02:15 PM
Anyone else collected from the forge and the ingots not added to the total collected?

Are they in your inventory? They will not show up in the goal until you hit the "GIVE" button.

meme1098
02-06-14, 02:15 PM
thanks for the info, makes planning ahead a lot easier, but 3 of these items are from the potion shop and the sap is a hard to come by item.
no workshop and no kitchen items for this part, but 3 of them are made in the potion shop.
Whats wrong with spreading the workload.
From my point of view, the enchanters essence is the only one I don't have a good stock of, but plenty of lower level players will struggle.
Yea.. I think the enchanters essence requires 5 mermaid scales per bottle. Another hard to come by item, even with the 4th shard or whatever number it is.

wedgegirl
02-06-14, 02:16 PM
Are they in your inventory? They will not show up in the goal until you hit the "GIVE" button.

Silly me forget to press Give

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 02:18 PM
Rumors start somewhere

Rumours Start Somewhere

MiniLaura was asking for the name of the original quest. What's the quest name before tapping Thomas' house?

I got the name! Thanks to all for your help :)

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 02:19 PM
Hi All!

1) Valentine Quest Line

Can we have some clarification on this.
We know that collecting from old Thomas will initiate the first timed quest, but is the whole questline timed?
Is the quest line only available for 1 month, or will it last as long as people need it to, with the exception of the timed parts?
If a player is only level 10, will this quest line appear once they reach level 16?
If a player is level 17 and has the quest but doesn't collect from old Thomas's house till November say, will the quest still be live?
If it isn't timed then it isn't really a valentines special, but you haven't said that it is a limited time quest.

arikasi
02-06-14, 02:19 PM
Remember you can make the super glue at your tinker camp to spread the load and not at the potion shops (if you have the camp)

Those are good questions dizzy I would love to know the answers to them too.

tigarlilyvol
02-06-14, 02:21 PM
Also the sap tree gives sap and the tree that you chop gives sap

youbugme
02-06-14, 02:23 PM
Hi All!

1) Valentine Quest Line

So I'm reading this as upon completion, we get a big surprise. And the pink Alicorn is also available for gem purchase. Aggwynn doesn't actually say it will be the pink Alicorn that is the surprise. Or am I reading this all wrong?

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 02:25 PM
Apparently people aren't reading this!!!!

So it is exactly what is posted in the beginning. These three timed quests will HELP you complete the entire UNTIMED alicorn quest faster, but are not a requirement to finishing the Alicorn quest, these timed quests will make it easier but there is still a way to finish it may take longer. The Pink Alicorn is not a timed quest in itself.

...but I thought the pink animals were only available til 2/17....?

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 02:26 PM

So what part do the ingots play in this?
do we trade ingots as a 1 for 1 on the sapphires?
So after the ingot part we only need to find the difference between number of ingots and 50 sapphires?

can someone ask TL if only 40 ingots will count for this 2nd part?
Is it an all or nothing scenario?
If we only get 20 ingots, will that stage be a fail and we still need to get 50 sapphires or will we only need to get 30 sapphires?

s_creen
02-06-14, 02:30 PM
Can you confirm if this is also a timed quest?
OMG i didnt check! sorry guys)) but this next one for sure NOT timed quest:

4 step - What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips -> craft a Pink Wing( workshop 1 day) -> 50 feathers( craft in the workshop, 1 red dye, 20 white petals, 30 min per 1) + 10 super glue + 1 silver frame(craft at forge, 90 silver, 60 iron ore, 30 coal, 8 hours)

Luna48
02-06-14, 02:32 PM
Where do the pink sapphires come from??

shambalaya
02-06-14, 02:33 PM
...but I thought the pink animals were only available til 2/17....?

It states on page 1 that the pink alicorn is only available for this month (february), so the quest is not entirely untimed, but the alicorn will be available longer than the other pink animals.

I wonder if you have to complete the questline before the end of the mont, or if it is enough to have started it?

arikasi
02-06-14, 02:34 PM
1 red dye and 20 white petals and you have to do it 50 times???? If this is so I am sooo sorry for those of you without multiple valentines plants or that have to spend that many gems on buying multiple ones.

There is "fun, must complete" and there is "what were you thinking??? repetitiveness"

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 02:37 PM

4 step - What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips -> craft a Pink Wing( workshop 1 day) -> 50 feathers( craft in the workshop, 1 red dye, 20 white petals, 30 min per 1) + 10 super glue + 1 silver frame(craft at forge, 90 silver, 60 iron ore, 30 coal, 8 hours)

thanks for the info again, that is a lot of materials, and once again we have duplicate items

start making these now:
100 iron ore
10 super glue
20 red dyes

A couple of stages after giving away a load of materials we need more of the same materials.
We can't use fish or water that we have a glut of whilst trying for mermaid scales?

s_creen
02-06-14, 02:37 PM
5 step TIMED quest Mercurial Apothecaries (24 hrs) - > give 150 mushrooms, 100 sap, 50 purple petals, 50 bones

aimeeq
02-06-14, 02:38 PM
You can get enchanter's essence from mines and dark cave formations? I have been making them whenever I had all the dragon scales, but only have 10 currently. That will take a while. I have 2 more dragon eggs, but no burning embers to hach them :(

start making these now:
50 bones
100 iron ore
15 wood beams
10 super glue
20 red dyes
200 white petals
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones (again)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 02:44 PM
There is "fun, must complete" and there is "what were you thinking??? repetitiveness"

my point, exactly...this is beyond insane!!! ...glad I've saved my gems cuz just looking at what all involved is exhausting...well worth just parting with 250 gems (compared to 600 for white alicorn) & be done with it so I don't deplete everything I have, including my sanity and sleep. Lol

shambalaya
02-06-14, 02:45 PM

Yikes - 50 red dye?! Good thing I started stocking up a month ago!

sheri59
02-06-14, 02:48 PM
New Item in Market:
Pink Alicorn 250 gems

Goals:
Visit Old Thomas's House

NOTE: This is a TIMED GOAL. The timer does not start until after you complete the first goal. Do not complete the first goal if you do not want the timer to start. (At least I think this is correct. I am checking to make sure.)
40 Auctioneer's Ingot
24 hour time limit
**If you do not complete this goal in time, it is okay. You can get what you need for the next goal by other means (mines, etc.). It will just take you longer to gather the sapphires.

(Info from here down is a bit sketchy. More information is welcome.)

3. (Craft pink horn)
Craft in Workshop (1 day craft time)
50 pink sapphires
50 bones
1 lathe
* craft lathe in workshop(?) (5 wood beams, 3 simple glue, 20 iron ore, 4 hour craft time)

4. Bartering for Feathers
NOTE: Possibly another timed goal
10 Stout Axes
* craft axes in forge (10 iron ore, 1 wood beam, 2 hour craft time)
XX time limit ???

5. What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips
Craft a Pink Wing in workshop (50 feathers, 10 super glue, 1 sliver frame, 1 day craft time)
* craft feathers in workshop (1 red dye, 20 white petals, 30 min craft time)
* craft silver frame in forge (90 silver, 60 iron ore, 30 coal, 8 hours)

6. Mercurial Apothecaries
NOTE: Timed goal
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones
24 hour time limit

Are you sure it is 50 feathers? That requires 50 red dye!

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 02:49 PM

I just copy what people tell me. I'm still making ingots!

opal308
02-06-14, 02:50 PM
50 red dye and 1000 white petals? Another post stated 20 red dye and 200 white petals. Which is it?

lordviv
02-06-14, 02:50 PM

It also means 20 white petals x 50 = 1000 white petals???? Is this right.. This sounds insane

s_creen
02-06-14, 02:54 PM
Its 50 feathers but every craft gives u several feathers(i had 5 at one collection)

EllieTheBeeEater
02-06-14, 02:54 PM
So apart from the three timed smaller quests, this valentines line is unlimited? I've started ingots but hope I'm not wasting my time. 100 sap is going to be really rough.

meme1098
02-06-14, 03:00 PM
1 red dye and 20 white petals and you have to do it 50 times???? If this is so I am sooo sorry for those of you without multiple valentines plants or that have to spend that many gems on buying multiple ones.

50 red dye??? And not even counting the 10!Red petals for each dye!!!! yikes!!!! Is this correct Mods? 50 times to get the required feathers?

If so, this goal should be for at least level 25 or over. Don't see how anyone lower that that will ever be able to do this one.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 03:06 PM
50 red dye??? And not even counting the 10!Red petals for each dye!!!! yikes!!!! Is this correct Mods?

Like I said, I'm just copying what people have been reporting on this thread. We won't know for sure until either (1) Kooky, Maguar, or I get to those goals, (2) someone else confirms/disputes the amounts, or (3) someone posts screen shots of the goals as definitive proof.

midnightmeerkat
02-06-14, 03:07 PM
my point, exactly...this is beyond insane!!! ...glad I've saved my gems cuz just looking at what all involved is exhausting...well worth just parting with 250 gems (compared to 600 for white alicorn) & be done with it so I don't deplete everything I have, including my sanity and sleep. Lol

Lol. For those who have basically completed most quests this is a way to have something to do in the game .... I don't like stockpiling for the sake of it and I am enjoying having some goals to complete.....

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 03:07 PM
......If so, this goal should be for at least level 25 or over. Don't see how anyone lower that that will ever be able to do this one.

Exactly. I'm level 19 & there is no way I can even attempt this quest! my knights have only been on a few adventures, some aren't been open to me yet, Thurston is still shivering lol, no clue about dragons yet...how can I get THOSE scales, no way ... Nowhere near ready, inventory-wise, when I scrape to make an ornate block sometimes lol... Unfair, TL. this is for level 30 people,not me. :(

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 03:08 PM
50 red dye??? And not even counting the 10!Red petals for each dye!!!! yikes!!!! Is this correct Mods? 50 times to get the required feathers?

Its 50 feathers but every craft gives u several feathers(i had 5 at one collection)

If so, this goal should be for at least level 25 or over. Don't see how anyone lower that that will ever be able to do this one

People of level 16 can spend Gems...............
Kerching

calesi30
02-06-14, 03:14 PM
Ugh no way I'll have the money for that :( Whats the quickest way to make money? I'm 2 breaded fish away from $50,000 cooking caravan award but that still puts me about $100000 I need to make in 23 hours... Not too mention how hard it is for me to get fish

meme1098
02-06-14, 03:20 PM
Thanks, MiniLaura for your help here.;)

gtz971
02-06-14, 03:28 PM
48h is more reasonable

s_creen
02-06-14, 03:29 PM
next step

glimmergate
02-06-14, 03:30 PM
Exactly. I'm level 19 & there is no way I can even attempt this quest! my knights have only been on a few adventures, some aren't been open to me yet, Thurston is still shivering lol, no clue about dragons yet...how can I get THOSE scales, no way ... Nowhere near ready, inventory-wise, when I scrape to make an ornate block sometimes lol... Unfair, TL. this is for level 30 people,not me. :(

Because this is a seasonal quest, we wanted to make it available to as many people as possible. Even if you can't make much progress now, because the questline is not time-limited, you'll eventually be able to complete it :) if we restricted it to 25+, then that chance would be lost to all our lower level players forever.

FrogsyLu
02-06-14, 03:43 PM
So can i start the ingot part tomorrow or have to be started today?

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-06-14, 03:50 PM
Because this is a seasonal quest, we wanted to make it available to as many people as possible. Even if you can't make much progress now, because the questline is not time-limited, you'll eventually be able to complete it :) if we restricted it to 25+, then that chance would be lost to all our lower level players forever.

Ok glimmer gate, thanks for the vote of confidence for us young pups. :)

marse66
02-06-14, 03:53 PM

If you speed the ignot every 15 mins then it's 1 gem each to speed it up... So only 40 gems in 5 hours..

tigarlilyvol
02-06-14, 03:57 PM
So can i start the ingot part tomorrow or have to be started today?

On page 1 of this thread is a list it says the timer starts after completing part 1 which is visiting Old Thomas' house. Go back to page 1, second post to read it.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 04:01 PM
Updated second post with the answers to some questions that I've seen in this thread. Good stuff there. Read it!

Also, I've confirmed that the timed goals (such as the second goal) don't start counting down until you complete the goal before it. So if you don't want a timer to start, don't finish the goal directly before it.

Now I'm off to make dinner. You're on you own for a bit. Try not to get too crazy ;)

meme1098
02-06-14, 04:06 PM
We are Castle Story addicts, MiniLaura, soooo...kinda hard not to.:o

Luna48
02-06-14, 04:06 PM
MiniLaura, you are awesome. Thanks for all your work here and getting out to us so quickly. Enjoy dinner. This is a long quest and I'm looking forward to it.

vednir
02-06-14, 04:11 PM
As usual TL disappoints with another timed madness quest. A huge big two thumbs down, not that you care about that type of feedback.

FrogsyLu
02-06-14, 04:22 PM
On page 1 of this thread is a list it says the timer starts after completing part 1 which is visiting Old Thomas' house. Go back to page 1, second post to read it.

Also in page 1 MiniLaura said quest will dissapear if not start with Thomas that's why I'm asking if I have time to start it tomorrow before it dissapear. Just wanted to be sure.

s_creen
02-06-14, 04:32 PM
Prism(step 7) is rare drop from mining. i've collected from all my mines, no luck)

now step 8:

schmookis
02-06-14, 04:44 PM
Oh boy! Does a day go quickly when you are counting in 30 min blocks ! Havin' fun!

s_creen
02-06-14, 04:45 PM
step 9:

that's all

so much work and resources for this lil pinky moody devil) cheaper buy it on market
thanks TL

PikaSquirrel
02-06-14, 04:48 PM
As usual TL disappoints with another timed madness quest. A huge big two thumbs down, not that you care about that type of feedback.

This time it's a bit different. It won't start finish for everyone at the same time. Whenever you start is when they will start and you won't be be behind in time :) Also, not all of them are timed Goals, so you can take your time here and there on untimed Goals. :)

crystalrayn3
02-06-14, 04:51 PM
So what is this Big Surprise reportedto be at the end of the quest? I've completed the quest line, obtained the cute pinkie, petted it to adulthood & voila -No big surprise. Any help here?

sassmastah
02-06-14, 04:52 PM

So this quest can stretch for months and months if it takes us that long to gather the resources, even though the Pink Alicorn will only be available for purchase during the month of February?

plby
02-06-14, 05:25 PM
New Item in Market:
Pink Alicorn 250 gems

Goals:

General Goal Notes:
* Once you start this quest line, you have an UNLIMITED amount of time to finish it. (But the timed goals are still timed. However, you do not have to complete them to continue the quest line. Completing them just helps you do the entire quest line faster.)
* As you can see from the requirements, this quest line was designed to take a long time to complete.
* However, the quest line will expire/disappear IF YOU DO NOT START IT. So start the quest line by visiting Old Thomas even if you don't want to pursue the entire quest line right now. (I haven't been told when it would disappear, but I'd guess that it will only be around for about a month.)

Visit Old Thomas's House

NOTE: This is a TIMED GOAL. The timer does not start until after you complete the first goal. Do not complete the first goal if you do not want the timer to start.
40 Auctioneer's Ingot
24 hour time limit

(Info from here down is a bit sketchy. More information is welcome.)

3. (Craft pink horn)
Craft Pink Horn in Workshop (50 pink sapphires, 50 bones, 1 lathe, 1 day craft time)
* Pink sapphires come from Goal 2 above and/or from mines and rocks
* craft lathe in workshop(?) (5 wood beams, 3 simple glue, 20 iron ore, 4 hour craft time)

The third goal is Faux Real?

The ingots give one large pink sapphire. This we have to grind in the workshop (2 hours) to get x number of sapphire crystals (mine gave 39). The recipe in the workshop says the remaining sapphires will come from mining.

The lathe is crafted in the workshop - and for anyone who collects the quest items, be aware that we can only have one in the inventory.

tazdeil
02-06-14, 05:34 PM
What a bunch of wingers. TL has taken note of all your previous complaints and suggestions and have come up with the perfect solution. Can you people not read or follow simple instructions? A quest with 3 timed parts only. You do not even have to finish those parts in the time allocated. Yes, there will be an advantage if you can, but if you don't you will STILL be able to complete the quest, it will just take longer. I wouldn't blame TL if they all threw up their hands in frustration and quit. It is a game, people, your life doesn't depend on it. Take the time to enjoy it. I think this will be the most fun quest yet. Now I've got that off my chest, I'm going to settle back and work for my pink allicorn. Thanks again TL.

esmerelda35
02-06-14, 05:36 PM
What a bunch of wingers. TL has taken note of all your previous complaints and suggestions and have come up with the perfect solution. Can you people not read or follow simple instructions? A quest with 3 timed parts only. You do not even have to finish those parts in the time allocated. Yes, there will be an advantage if you can, but if you don't you will STILL be able to complete the quest, it will just take longer. I wouldn't blame TL if they all threw up their hands in frustration and quit. It is a game, people, your life doesn't depend on it. Take the time to enjoy it. I think this will be the most fun quest yet. Now I've got that off my chest, I'm going to settle back and work for my pink allicorn. Thanks again TL.

Well said.:D

plby
02-06-14, 05:37 PM
The ingots give one large pink sapphire. This we have to grind in the workshop (2 hours) to get x number of sapphire crystals (mine gave 39). The recipe in the workshop says the remaining sapphires will come from mining.

Talking to myself, but :p - I just collected from my mines, and got three crystals from four mines. One from each deep mine and one from one of the regular mines. No idea if that's the normal drop rate though.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 05:45 PM
So this quest can stretch for months and months if it takes us that long to gather the resources, even though the Pink Alicorn will only be available for purchase during the month of February?

Exactly.

You just have to start the quest line within the next few weeks. The ability to start the quest line will eventually expire, but once the quest line is started you can spend as long as you want. I don't know when the ability to start will expire, but it won't happen for at least a couple of weeks.

plby
02-06-14, 05:46 PM

Would've helped if they had an in-game notice stating clearly that we don't have to complete the timed parts to continue the quest. Something I can't remember seeing, so I gemmed trough the timed part, realising that I wouldn't have enough time to complete the quest, and basically wasted 80 gems.

eastie41
02-06-14, 05:51 PM
MiniLaura,
Thanks for providing details concerning the goals. This is going to be fun! :cool:

FigmentValley
Can we just use the dozens of pink gems in inventory? I honestly do not remember where they came from or if they have EVER been used for anything.... For that matter, the big red rubies should be able to be used, too.....

FrogsyLu
Exactly.

You just have to start the quest line within the next few weeks. The ability to start the quest line will eventually expire, but once the quest line is started you can spend as long as you want. I don't know when the ability to start will expire, but it won't happen for at least a couple of weeks.

Thanks MiniLaura! You are very nice!

Love Castle Story Goals! Thanks TL!

mamalovesson
02-06-14, 05:53 PM
I start play the game in Mid Dec last year and still a new player, I love the game and has been working hard. I am wondering if I can achieve the new challenge/goal for the Pink Alicorn because I don't have flower generate red petal. Can someone share me your thought and experience please. xx

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 05:53 PM
Would've helped if they had an in-game notice stating clearly that we don't have to complete the timed parts to continue the quest. Something I can't remember seeing, so I gemmed trough the timed part, realising that I wouldn't have enough time to complete the quest, and basically wasted 80 gems.

I know this won't help you now, but for future reference: Any goals that have a time limit are "optional" goals, meaning that you do not have to complete them to progress in the game.

meme1098
02-06-14, 05:55 PM
Thanks, MiniLaura, for all your help here.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 05:56 PM
I start play the game in Mid Dec last year and still a new player, I love the game and has been working hard. I am wondering if I can achieve the new challenge/goal for the Pink Alicorn because I don't have flower generate red petal. Can someone share me your thought and experience please. xx

If you are at least Level 16 and do the first goal (visit Old Thomas), you can take as long as you want to finish the entire quest line.

DSAV22
02-06-14, 05:58 PM
Man these goals they come up with are impossible to accomplish.

bethmadison
02-06-14, 05:59 PM
And you can get red petals by going to Ivy's but if you have it or choping ferns, tall grasses and possibly old logs?

mamalovesson
02-06-14, 06:00 PM
If you are at least Level 16 and do the first goal (visit Old Thomas), you can take as long as you want to finish the entire quest line.

Thank you MinLaura,

I have started crafting the auctioneer's Ignot and have already gotton 14 of them. So may I assume that this is the only goal that is time limit and the rest are not? Have a great day. xx

amin_
02-06-14, 06:00 PM
I have no idea why do people cry that much. I've been playing this game almost since launch, timed or not it's a great game. TL has recently surprised me for the effort they are putting in making the game interesting. Medium and long range goals make it even more interesting.

I never post anything, it's about time for the thumbs up for TL staff :)
keep up the good work whatever complaints you get.

bethmadison
02-06-14, 06:02 PM
Man these goals they come up with are impossible to accomplish.

In what respect? This goal isn't timed and as long as you go to old Thomas' house it will continue on forever. The "timed portions" are harder but do not need to be done to be completed.

The goals aren't meant to be super easy. I started playing less than a year ago and have been I level 30 forever and have done all the times quests without gem use. Just work your way through the game and it's all good :)

bethmadison
02-06-14, 06:04 PM
Thank you MinLaura,

I have started crafting the auctioneer's Ignot and have already gotton 14 of them. So may I assume that this is the only goal that is time limit and the rest are not? Have a great day. xx

There are three timed portions and none need to be completed to move forward. The timed portions simply help to complete the goals faster, but you don't need to finish them or even start them to move on. The actual Pink Alicorn is not timed.

tazdeil
02-06-14, 06:05 PM
Take the time to read the instructions before you start playing

DSAV22
02-06-14, 06:11 PM
Oh ok so I have unlimited time to get the Allicorn

cherriesx
02-06-14, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know the drop time on pink alicorn? Once a week like regular alicorn? I rather fancy having at least two, so I may buy one for gems and then take my time to complete the questline.

jptheripper
02-06-14, 06:19 PM
TL, you nailed this. The perfect compromise of timed (for more veteran players who want to go faster) but completely achievable for newer players.

The perfect update. Thank you.

Sorcha_Sarama
02-06-14, 06:21 PM
Regarding the ingots... if I end up not making enough during the 24 hours, will I be able to use them in the future as long as I don't give them up as they are made and keep them in my inventory?

passinthru8
02-06-14, 06:24 PM
As Usual??? Why do you continue to play if it Disappoints you " As Usual"?? Good Gawd Man, it's a game. I absolutely love the challenges. I really wish you could too!!!

glimmergate
02-06-14, 07:17 PM
Regarding the ingots... if I end up not making enough during the 24 hours, will I be able to use them in the future as long as I don't give them up as they are made and keep them in my inventory?

While they will stay in your inventory if you don't use them up, there's no guarantee that we'll use Auctioneer's Ingots in future quests. We might, since they're useful items, but it could be a long while before they make another appearance.

cityfan
02-06-14, 07:25 PM
I second this! This has been my favorite TL game by far....

naturalnana
02-06-14, 07:26 PM
Rumors Start Somewhere (goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/e7b274da6a05f912e020052b29da8750.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/e7b274da6a05f912e020052b29da8750.jpg.html)

Auction War for the Pink Sapphire (goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/ced35303a4e40244d71820203f6660a1.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/ced35303a4e40244d71820203f6660a1.jpg.html)

Faux Real? (goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/ae3ecf5ead6b3af5f611133a7b970f27.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/ae3ecf5ead6b3af5f611133a7b970f27.jpg.html)

Pink Horn Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/1674dcf60d448b4c8b1fb364a82f31db.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/1674dcf60d448b4c8b1fb364a82f31db.jpg.html)

Pink Sapphire

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/960d841ea4b0469267ef076db36f2e8f.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/960d841ea4b0469267ef076db36f2e8f.jpg.html)

Lathe Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/5028144f69c4d7117d6b038d01c7a013.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/5028144f69c4d7117d6b038d01c7a013.jpg.html)

Bartering for Feathers

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/96ca792965e239ac8dbb3bab1b6cf1ea.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/96ca792965e239ac8dbb3bab1b6cf1ea.jpg.html)

Stout Axe Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/b6f5ed2895dfea21960e6b41ebc8671f.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/b6f5ed2895dfea21960e6b41ebc8671f.jpg.html)

Bartering for Feathers (goal - 24 hours)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/0cd42620dfe47a5321388d4126ec2210.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/0cd42620dfe47a5321388d4126ec2210.jpg.html)

Recently Added

What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips? (goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/651922b24d8befe1da311727eea63fca.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/651922b24d8befe1da311727eea63fca.jpg.html)

Pink Wing Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/f014ec9e7b20d15a52210295681401ac.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/f014ec9e7b20d15a52210295681401ac.jpg.html)

Feathers Material (you get multiple feathers from one crafting)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/25c07df2386a562ef66b1cdb0242bf19.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/25c07df2386a562ef66b1cdb0242bf19.jpg.html)

Silver Frame Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/a83655c13343febda8f36762c29d2eed.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/a83655c13343febda8f36762c29d2eed.jpg.html)

Mercurial Apothecaries (goal - 24 hours)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/39c24279c112b5fe2f2619ade344a798.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/39c24279c112b5fe2f2619ade344a798.jpg.html)

Mercurial Apothecaries Material

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/a2deafbb4ed17406f630b8c9c833c2b3.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/a2deafbb4ed17406f630b8c9c833c2b3.jpg.html)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/5ff6df46b390fe86c35a489ba272dc6c.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/5ff6df46b390fe86c35a489ba272dc6c.jpg.html)

Follow the *Rainbow* to Find... (goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/244d3a9a13afc5990ed39f61085dd578.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/244d3a9a13afc5990ed39f61085dd578.jpg.html)

Rainbow Kit Material

(side note: I had 22 Enchanter's Essences in my inventory prior to completing the previous goal)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/136afa6b63d674a6406b27e1fdfc77ae.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/136afa6b63d674a6406b27e1fdfc77ae.jpg.html)

Wimpy Pinky

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m100/StarrsNana/CastleStory/6f11e108d79323dcdd5555def4711c29.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/user/StarrsNana/media/CastleStory/6f11e108d79323dcdd5555def4711c29.jpg.html)

cityfan
02-06-14, 07:26 PM
I have no idea why do people cry that much. I've been playing this game almost since launch, timed or not it's a great game. TL has recently surprised me for the effort they are putting in making the game interesting. Medium and long range goals make it even more interesting.

Sorry....THIS is what I second!!

roguebee
02-06-14, 07:37 PM
While they will stay in your inventory if you don't use them up, there's no guarantee that we'll use Auctioneer's Ingots in future quests. We might, since they're useful items, but it could be a long while before they make another appearance.

Being new to these timed quests, what happens to the ingots that I give if I fall short?

sassmastah
02-06-14, 07:46 PM
Exactly.

Thanks so much for clarifying MiniLaura. That is great news. I feel badly about my previous posts in this thread, before we actually understood the quest. I'd like to delete those posts but there's no delete option. How come?

meme1098
02-06-14, 08:02 PM
Thanks NaturalNana. Appreciate the pics. It's always nice to what's up ahead in the goal.

smallclimber
02-06-14, 08:10 PM
Being new to these timed quests, what happens to the ingots that I give if I fall short?

Yes Same question here, I might get 20 ingots, but I am certainly not going to get 40. So it sounds like in that case I am better to save my money and just hope I get this sapphire from mines? Do 20 ingots help with anything?

It's great that this game keeps giving out quests and new items. I play some of the other TL games, and although they give you new items to buy every week there are never any new quests. I never manage to complete the timed quests in time, so I am excited that there is no time limit for this one. The pink alicorn looks so lovely.

MiniLaura
02-06-14, 08:16 PM
Thanks so much for clarifying MiniLaura. That is great news. I feel badly about my previous posts in this thread, before we actually understood the quest. I'd like to delete those posts but there's no delete option. How come?
If you would like to have posts deleted, send a PM to one of the mods (Kooky, maguar, or me) with a link to the posts.

oliverrr11
02-06-14, 08:46 PM
TL, you nailed this. The perfect compromise of timed (for more veteran players who want to go faster) but completely achievable for newer players.

The perfect update. Thank you.
I agree 100%. Thank you TL!!!

Spelletje1
02-06-14, 09:09 PM

I totally agree with you!

iLLUMI2012
02-06-14, 09:23 PM
Arrgh, one of my forges is out of action for two days making Mithril for the Faerie Respite.
There was no warning about a 24 hr time limit on the auction.
I can't even build a third forge.
Why does there have to be such a short time limit? Why not make it 48hrs.

Edit:
TIP: If anyone else is in this situation, when the number of gems required to complete the ingot drops down to 1, use a gem to speed up the job. Then repeat the process. This will halve the time required. All up it will require 40 gems. Too easy! :)
You may need to use two gems at a time to speed things up if you're running short of time or need to go to bed or whatever you're situation is.
Good luck! ;)

calesi30
02-06-14, 09:39 PM
Arrgh, one of my forges is out of action for two days making Mithril for the Faerie Respite.

Edit:
TIP: If anyone else is in this situation, when the number of gems required to complete the ingot drops down to 1, use a gem to speed up the job. Then repeat the process. This will halve the time required. All up it will require 40 gems. Too easy! :)
You may need to use two gems at a time to speed things up if you're running short of time or need to go to bed or whatever you're situation is.
Good luck! ;)

I think the problem for some of the newer members (I started right before Xmas) is the coin cost! I am all out of coins with only 10 made. Shouldn't have wasted resources building second forge because I can't even use it :(

rachmac07
02-06-14, 09:42 PM
Can someone confirm for me PLEASE - if I buy the baby pink Alicorn in the market for 250 gems, does it come "fully built"? I just tend it a few times and then it begins dropping energy once a week, or do I need to collect up a zillion different parts?

newzealander
02-06-14, 09:45 PM

Round of applause.

tigarlilyvol
02-06-14, 09:45 PM
It's fully built just tend it until it grows up.

rachmac07
02-06-14, 09:48 PM
It's fully built just tend it until it grows up.

Thank you so much for the quick response :) Appreciate it.

aimeeq
02-06-14, 09:50 PM
Amen amin! Love the game and I think this is a great compromise. The timed stuff only speeds things up, you don't miss out if you don't get it don't in the time frame. If you want to use gems to speed up, great. If you don't, it's ok, you can still finish the goal!!!!!!

aimeeq
02-06-14, 09:55 PM
Agree 100%. This can be don't at your leisure, you don't have to speed up if you don't want to. If you can do the timed stuff, you will just complete the goal sooner.

dragoniakingdom
02-06-14, 10:23 PM
This has been the perfect compromise,thank you TL.

Those who wish to rush through the goal can do so by spending gems (also a thank you to those who do for posting the requirements for the next part,so that we may prepare in advance:)),those who do not wish to speed up with gems can still complete this goal & obtain the lovely pink Alicorn.

A thumbs up from me.

Edit: Missed a word

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 10:46 PM
I know this won't help you now, but for future reference: Any goals that have a time limit are "optional" goals, meaning that you do not have to complete them to progress in the game.

Good to know that this is the current situation.
I know it can change in the future but nice to know that they have listened to our concerns on timed quests and have found a compromise.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 10:50 PM
To be fair to us whingers, you posted this 4 hours after the quest went live and a lot more information was available at that time.
When the quest started it was a lot more ambiguous.
We may have jumped the *** with complaints, but the information was very sketchy.

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 10:55 PM

you can also edit the post and change the contents to ;delete this post; then message one of the mods so that what you said is gone quicker

dizzy7373
02-06-14, 10:56 PM

So do we need the full 40 to use in this quest?
If we manage less than that will they just sit in our inventory?
Can a partial amount be used in the next part of the quest?

fari85
02-06-14, 11:09 PM

Edit:
Good luck! ;)

Don't start the timed goal by visiting old Thomas house......do it when you are easy

Read the instructions at the start carefully n there won't be a problem...

Tetelestai72
02-06-14, 11:18 PM
So do we need the full 40 to use in this quest?
If we manage less than that will they just sit in our inventory?
Can a partial amount be used in the next part of the quest?

I agree that some additional clarification of this would be helpful. One of my forges is out of commission crafting mithril and I'm wondering if it is worth it in any way for me to try and get at least some of the ingots. But if having a partial amount won't help toward getting the pink sapphire or anything else, then it would make sense to pass on trying and complete the slower non-timed quest line.

Castloninian
02-06-14, 11:31 PM
Wow, great questline. Yes it takes a lot of resources but surely that's what makes it fun? I didn't like previous timed quests but these are good. You try to do it (or not) and if you don't get it you still have a chance to get the end result. I find it amazing how many people have rushed through the goals though, now you have nothing else to do until the next update!! I am still making ingots. May get 40, may not, we'll see.

Thanks Team Lava for keeping this game so much fun to play.

dracoonic
02-07-14, 01:10 AM
too late i just wake up and started the visit thomas house... was crafting mithril since ytd so i guess i will have to fail the 24 hours auction ingot thingy.. zz

mrbinky
02-07-14, 01:30 AM
So if we try but fail to get all 40, it's x000 coins down the drain? I can't imagine they'd give a slightly smaller pink sapphire if you only got, say, 30 ingots rather than the full amount?

BEWARE, make sure you have the coins before you even try the first bit.

infinitelove19
02-07-14, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know the drop time on pink alicorn? Once a week like regular alicorn? I rather fancy having at least two, so I may buy one for gems and then take my time to complete the questline.

I'd like to know the drop-time on the pink alicorn, too... does anybody have one grown up yet? :-)

katbtodd
02-07-14, 01:38 AM
Yes I like to know too,, I'm hoping once a day ,,since the energies are not going to be full ones

ashanthya
02-07-14, 02:38 AM
Is the Lathe used up when we craft the pink horn, or does it stay in our inventory?

anissada
02-07-14, 02:42 AM
There are three timed portions and none need to be completed to move forward. The timed portions simply help to complete the goals faster, but you don't need to finish them or even start them to move on. The actual Pink Alicorn is not timed.

hmz, don't agree with you. you should say: no need to complete them WITHIN THE TIME mentioned
cause if you do not finish the goal with the 40 ingots you're stuck.
so you do have to do each timed goal as well. otherwise the next goal won't pop up 

anissada
02-07-14, 02:50 AM
there seems to be a bug..
one of my nbs did not get the pink saffire after crafting 40 ingots,
are there more of you with that problem?

vitriolicheart
02-07-14, 02:52 AM
too late i just wake up and started the visit thomas house... was crafting mithril since ytd so i guess i will have to fail the 24 hours auction ingot thingy.. zz

I am in a similar position. This quest came trough late last night for me and I'm currently using one of my forges to create mithril. I collected from thomas, saw the gold thing (not the timer) and feeling sick stuck one on and went to sleep. I now have a 12 hour work day with no internet access. I guess I'm failing too.

tromalyt
02-07-14, 02:54 AM
24 hour time limit
40 Auctioneer's Ingots

I logged in today and the games says I only have 14 hours left to craft the 40 ingots.

I am out.

tromalyt
02-07-14, 03:00 AM
Oh. another thingy.

I like the game, I like adventure games.

What I do not like at all is that every time I have a problem with the game, like this 40 ingots in 14 hours, I have to come to the forum to see what happens, and I have to read the threads where the whole adventure got spoiled, because you can read how the adventure will begin, what you have to do to keep on going and how it ends.

And, if I do not visit the forum, I may be missing something to complete the adventure on time. How we supposed to know that the 40 ingots thingy was a TIMED GOAL in advance if we do not read through this thread?

And, As I said, if I visit the forum BEFORE beginning the new adventure, the whole adventure got spoiled. The main reason I like the adventures is that something new and unexpected will happen. If you have to read what you have to do and how the adventure will end, and when, in the foirum, then you are ****ing most of the fun of the game.

You guys really need to add spoiler tags in this forum.

JayUK69
02-07-14, 03:03 AM
I am in a similar position. This quest came trough late last night for me and I'm currently using one of my forges to create mithril. I collected from thomas, saw the gold thing (not the timer) and feeling sick stuck one on and went to sleep. I now have a 12 hour work day with no internet access. I guess I'm failing too.

This is why, on Thursdays, I never collect from anything or craft anything that is going to overlap when the weekly update is released. So that all buildings are ready to collect from should a quest require it. And all forges, kitchens etc... are free to start on whatever materials are needed. Especially when we have time limited quests and it can easily stop you completing it.

elaur
02-07-14, 03:17 AM
Wait we need to do a 10 hour timed quest in 24 hours. Which would be checking every half hour to hour. That's insane. [] You know we have stuff to do other than play castle story? Could the people who work for storm 8 all do it?

I need to stop spending money on this game.

elaur
02-07-14, 03:18 AM
Oh I agree about spoiler tags. And I had no idea it was a timed quest until I read forums. I guess it's so people spend gems.

elaur
02-07-14, 03:20 AM

You should obviously just call in sick to work. We should be on our phones constantly for a day just to complete this quest!!!

fari85
02-07-14, 03:42 AM
I am no close unlocking Sabrina yet.....I guess I will have to miss the next week quest updates that need grselda at least.......I don't wanna miss this special quest anyway I which I can get her before this quest expires

Someone plz help

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 03:48 AM
I logged in today and the games says I only have 14 hours left to craft the 40 ingots.

I am out.

Why are you out, with 2 forges it takes only 10 hrs

midnightmeerkat
02-07-14, 03:49 AM
I am no close unlocking Sabrina yet.....I guess I will have to miss the next week quest updates that need grselda at least.......I don't wanna miss this special quest anyway I which I can get her before this quest expires

Someone plz help

Next weeks update will be a part of the main storyline and will pop up at a later stage when you do have Griselda walking around your kingdom....

For this weeks update (pink unicorn) as long as you are level 16 and visit Thomas you can complete it over time if you do not have the resources to do it now

juniac
02-07-14, 03:51 AM
I am one of the unfortunate individuals who happened to tap on Thomas's house in the middle of the night and triggered the timed goal. However it looks like I will not be able to complete it due to "budget" constraints within the given time frame. My question is this: I have "given" some of the ingots that I crafted to the goal and noticed a drop in the number of gems needed to skip the goal. If I pay the balance gems, am I considered to have completed this quest and be given the Large Pink Sapphire or it simply means that the goal will disappear? I have not skipped any goals before and hence I am asking.

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 03:55 AM
Can anyone tell me:

Pink sapphyre crystals, comes from "mining": does it mean collecting from mines, or also from chopping stones?

midnightmeerkat
02-07-14, 03:57 AM
I am one of the unfortunate individuals who happened to tap on Thomas's house in the middle of the night and triggered the timed goal. However it looks like I will not be able to complete it due to "budget" constraints within the given time frame. My question is this: I have "given" some of the ingots that I crafted to the goal and noticed a drop in the number of gems needed to skip the goal. If I pay the balance gems, am I considered to have completed this quest and be given the Large Pink Sapphire or it simply means that the goal will disappear? I have not skipped any goals before and hence I am asking.
You will be given the large pink sapphire.

marse66
02-07-14, 04:03 AM
36 ingots done, 2 forging and 2 more to go with 10 hrs left... No gem skipping and got my normal nights sleep...

ciarjen
02-07-14, 04:10 AM

It could be cheaper to speed up your forges.

Anyuszko
02-07-14, 04:16 AM
Can anyone tell me:

Pink sapphyre crystals, comes from "mining": does it mean collecting from mines, or also from chopping stones?

Also, how ofter crystals drop? I am thinking to keep my large pink sapph when I get it, just for fun. Does anybody else thinks so?

midnightmeerkat
02-07-14, 04:17 AM
It could be cheaper to speed up your forges.

Not if the budget constraints is not enough coins

fari85
02-07-14, 04:38 AM
Next weeks update will be a part of the main storyline and will pop up at a later stage when you do have Griselda walking around your kingdom....

For this weeks update (pink unicorn) as long as you are level 16 and visit Thomas you can complete it over time if you do not have the resources to do it now

Thanks a million......that's a relief
Now I can peacefully do my pink Alicorn quest

outhouse01
02-07-14, 04:38 AM
Just making a general comment - has anyone else noticed the blurb on the back of the pink sapphire crystal picture - "used for embellishing the 'fake' sacred horn". Cheers

monstermash1
02-07-14, 05:24 AM
Why are you out, with 2 forges it takes only 10 hrs

No need to be out iam sure when the 24 hours is up you will be able to continue with the goal .....the ingots are there for a jump start to the current goal.........I have completed it and when it goes to craft horn ...you can get the pink jewels by rocks I am crafting mine..but I tested it out and when you hit rock pink stones follow....so stock up on rocks if you miss first part

monstermash1
02-07-14, 05:26 AM
hmz, don't agree with you. you should say: no need to complete them WITHIN THE TIME mentioned
cause if you do not finish the goal with the 40 ingots you're stuck.
so you do have to do each timed goal as well. otherwise the next goal won't pop up 
You will not be stuck goal should pop up when the 24 hours is up

juniac
02-07-14, 05:26 AM
Not if the budget constraints is not enough coins

Yup, that's exactly right. I found that I only have coins to meet 70% of the requirement, but didn't want the ingots that I crafted to go to waste. So I might just skip the goal by topping up with gems.

Just in case anyone is interested, the goal originally requires 40 ingots or 160 gems to skip. After crafting and giving 25 ingots, the gems requirement drops to 60.

monstermash1
02-07-14, 05:29 AM
Hold off on caravan and plant and collect from building also visiting neighbors gives you money

elaur
02-07-14, 05:32 AM
36 ingots done, 2 forging and 2 more to go with 10 hrs left... No gem skipping and got my normal nights sleep...

That's lovely but you have to realize not everyone can check their phone enough. I was making shirts for my girls to wear to school today. I have 80 items to make and ship for my etsy store. I pour money into this game but this is becoming ridiculous.

monstermash1
Yup, that's exactly right. I found that I only have coins to meet 70% of the requirement, but didn't want the ingots that I crafted to go to waste. So I might just skip the goal by topping up with gems.

Just in case anyone is interested, the goal originally requires 40 ingots or 160 gems to skip. After crafting and giving 25 ingots, the gems requirement drops to 60.

You don't have to spend gems to do this ingots are just a bonus to gets pink sapphire when goal expires you can get them by rocks ......easy I got 4 after 7 hits

michieboony
Hi all. I also had another quest for the Baron open up yesterday titled "a perfect gift". I am suppose to give my greedy baron 1 gold bar. I can't figure out where I would get that, does anyone remember where help!! Thanks. Ps: I am enjoying the valentine challenge even though I'm exhausted

fairykitchen
02-07-14, 05:35 AM
Will there be any new building added? I want to spend gems on wizard school but if there's gonna be special edition building I might want to take a look :D

anissada
02-07-14, 05:45 AM
Hi all. I also had another quest for the Baron open up yesterday titled "a perfect gift". I am suppose to give my greedy baron 1 gold bar. I can't figure out where I would get that, does anyone remember where help!! Thanks. Ps: I am enjoying the valentine challenge even though I'm exhausted

if i remember right you can craft it in the potion shop, otherwise it will be in magic forge