PDA

View Full Version : Patisserie display.......:)

Demileighjunior
02-06-14, 10:14 AM
Where http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae307/ToonsJJ/bakery_story-2014-02-06-05-04-57_zps664a177a.pngon earth are we supposed 2 put this, when I 1st seen it in the challenge I was rather excited about it......until I actually got 2 buy once it opened :( It must be a dwarf one coz the counters r bigger then it......very disappointed with it n I started off with high hopes.........

ashrb
02-06-14, 10:31 AM
Where on earth are we supposed 2 put this, when I 1st seen it in the challenge I was rather excited about it......until I actually got 2 buy once it opened :( It must be a dwarf one coz the counters r bigger then it......very disappointed with it n I started off with high hopes.........

It is very awkward, but I put two in front of my rose cake and it kind of looks better being in front of a big cake IMO.

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 10:32 AM
Jean Pierre is not amused and refuses to put his croissants in these display cases.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/5c1250aa81f37fbdfd5e985e730632dd.jpg

I wonder what the designers were thinking? :confused:

ashrb
02-06-14, 10:38 AM
Jean Pierre is not amused and refuses to put his croissants in these display cases.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/5c1250aa81f37fbdfd5e985e730632dd.jpg

I wonder what the designers were thinking? :confused:

Jean Pierre is not impressed at all, he ain't having none of that!

Demileighjunior
02-06-14, 10:39 AM
I like ur quote about Jean Pierre :) it even looks like he is refusin lol . I was actually hopin it was some kind of bug causin it 2 be small, but a guess not that's actually it :(

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 10:54 AM
I like ur quote about Jean Pierre :) it even looks like he is refusin lol . I was actually hopin it was some kind of bug causin it 2 be small, but a guess not that's actually it :(

The waitress can't figure out what to do with them either! She has no intention of stooping down to try to open the display case and expose her undies! :rolleyes:

kooky panda
02-06-14, 11:56 AM
It pretty small! I will report this over to see if it can be changed.

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 12:06 PM

Thanks Kooky. Please let them know we really, really like it otherwise...it just needs a base or needs to be higher :)

78story
02-06-14, 12:25 PM
I guess I am in the minority again. I think it was designed "short" in order to show off the details of the treats within the case. Sure, they can make it larger but it will block out the items behind it. I love it, short and all. The colors and details are AMAZING!

Demileighjunior
02-06-14, 12:27 PM
Thanks Kooky, I agree with Bobbyrae, lovin it if it was bigger r on at stand/counter:)

Demileighjunior
02-06-14, 12:30 PM
I guess I am in the minority again. I think it was designed "short" in order to show off the details of the treats within the case. Sure, they can make it larger but it will block out the items behind it. I love it, short and all. The colors and details are AMAZING!

Don't get me wrong I love it, but it's 2 small, n as 4 detail the tea time display is perfect size n u can see all the detail in that:)

78story
02-06-14, 12:45 PM
I understand. :)

I still think it's perfect as is. It is not your typical display case that's for sure; just like all the others seen here on Bakery Story. I don't have the case yet, so this is purely my opinion looking at the way others have decorated around it. It really stands out as different and unique, and that is what I love about decor in general :)

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 12:53 PM

Here are the two displays side by side. The larger one does block out a bit more behind it, but isn't that what counters do? And doesn't it just look better higher up? The patisserie display case sits literally on the floor. Who puts food in a display case like this on the floor? Not Jean Pierre! :rolleyes:

Even if it had short pretty little legs. Something to just lift it off the floor? As it is now it just looks quite odd.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/82ea781289229ac2576284dfd75acb54.jpg

pipipooh1977
02-06-14, 01:08 PM
I agree, it's too short. Needs to be same size as the other one. Hope they can fix it. :D

78story
02-06-14, 02:04 PM
Here are the two displays side by side. The larger one does block out a bit more behind it, but isn't that what counters do? And doesn't it just look better higher up? The patisserie display case sits literally on the floor. Who puts food in a display case like this on the floor? Not Jean Pierre! :rolleyes:

Even if it had short pretty little legs. Something to just lift it off the floor? As it is now it just looks quite odd.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/82ea781289229ac2576284dfd75acb54.jpg

I do see what you mean, but I think it's a positive thing. Side by side, you can see the design of the other display and if they were the same size, you couldn't. You would miss all the pretty colors that make the larger display really appealing.

I do agree there should be some short legs on the bottom (maybe rounded and made of chrome), flat enough to keep the integrity of the original concept. Thanks for posting the picture for comparison, your place is really pretty :)

ashrb
02-06-14, 03:27 PM
I just noticed both displays have the exact same food in them. Could they not have changed it up and put different desserts in one of the displays? Just seems kind of lazy :confused:

Snowlotus04
02-06-14, 03:43 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2h6hwjs.jpg

It is rather tiny compare to the regular ones, but it does have it's uniqueness. I just noticed the cakes inside the patisserie display are pretty much the same as tea time display, just rearranged lol.

kooky panda
02-06-14, 03:49 PM
Hey guys, I got word back and the size is by design and will not be changed.
Sorry for you guys that do not like it, but yeah for everyone that does like it!

Thanks!

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 03:51 PM
Sorry for you guys that do not like it, but yeah for everyone that does like it!

Thanks!
Goodness. What on earth were they thinking? :confused:

Thanks anyway kooky.

Demileighjunior
02-06-14, 03:58 PM
I do like it, its just it looks out of place, like someone mentioned who would put food on floor:(

filochick1982
02-06-14, 04:09 PM
I solved the problem by not displaying it next to my other big food displays. It looks fine on its own.

CuteTali
02-06-14, 04:13 PM
This is pretty cheap, they removed the second and third tier of the display, just because it's goal reward.

IsisGarden
02-06-14, 04:56 PM
The waitress can't figure out what to do with them either! She has no intention of stooping down to try to open the display case and expose her undies! :rolleyes:

Bobbyrae, you got me cracking up.

IsisGarden
02-06-14, 04:59 PM
I just noticed both displays have the exact same food in them. Could they not have changed it up and put different desserts in one of the displays? Just seems kind of lazy :confused:

Wow! I just noticed that, too. That does seem kind of lazy. How's that gonna look if you place them side by side?

filochick1982
02-06-14, 05:13 PM
Wow! I just noticed that, too. That does seem kind of lazy. How's that gonna look if you place them side by side?

Maybe the intent was that you don't put them next to the bigger display.

pipipooh1977
02-06-14, 05:22 PM

Thanks!

I figured it was by design, but was hoping it was an oops.......oh well....:(

Maybe it's short for kids or all the bakery pets we have...now we just need to have a French poodle next to it....:p

Trixie6969
02-06-14, 06:36 PM
The board of health came in & said it's a health code violation.... lol :rolleyes:

ElaineCarrel
02-06-14, 06:49 PM
The board of health came in & said it's a health code violation.... lol :rolleyes:
As a matter of fact it kinda is but not entirely. (I've worked in the Culinary Department of a theme park 4 over 23 yrs so I think I know these policies inside and out.) TL skirted around the violation by encasing the food that's assuming there's doors on the back of the case. But then again knowing TL u can never b 2 sure. So as long as the food is never placed on the floor it doesn't violate the health code. Sorry Trixie, nice try though. :rolleyes:
And yes I know u meant this as a jk.

cozyreader13
02-06-14, 06:50 PM
I put it as end cap to my row of counters, looks really nice actually hope it stays small

pipipooh1977
02-06-14, 06:54 PM
I put it as end cap to my row of counters, looks really nice actually hope it stays small

It would probably look nice in front of counters of food too, I just keep mine away from my other display so it doesn't look too weird. :)

ericasweets24
02-06-14, 07:28 PM
love the pink

dreamspooky
02-06-14, 08:47 PM
I think it's supposed to be like the counters you see at the grocery, where they have stuff on a display at normal height and products in the glass a little lower. Kinda odd looking in practice though!

Snowlotus04
02-06-14, 09:34 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/hsnw9u.jpg

Better perhaps?..

rosewaterlily
02-07-14, 12:21 AM
The patisserie displays look to be about the right height to be sitting in front of the final goal of Eiffel flowers. I think goal items are meant to be displayed together rather than next to other "regular" items.

Acey09
02-07-14, 03:05 AM
I love it:) My Irish waitress stand behind it and can fetch you cakes right from under your nose :) ghihihi

CottonFaery
02-07-14, 04:29 AM
Maybe it's short for kids or all the bakery pets we have...now we just need to have a French poodle next to it....:p

i put the persian cat next to the display, it's just the right height for her to steal a cookie or two ;)

luincristiel
02-07-14, 07:45 AM
This is somewhat off-topic but does the counter reminds anyone of the shop Fauchon???

bobbyrae
02-07-14, 09:09 AM
This is somewhat off-topic but does the counter reminds anyone of the shop Fauchon???

Not really. Their display fridge tops are not sitting on the ground like these are. They sit quite properly on a base.

jjiiccaa
02-07-14, 09:24 AM
I love it so I bought 4. Kind of reminds me of Victoria's Secret packaging with cake.

CoiledSnake
02-08-14, 03:19 AM

Agreed, I like it.

78story
02-09-14, 04:26 PM
OMG I finally have the display and LOVE it sooooo much!! Thank you TL!!

The sliding glass windows on the case are a really special touch and added bonus<3
It's something I haven't noticed on other displays and I just adore it!

Thanks again TL for making another REALLY pretty set of goals with GORGEOUS decor! <333333333333 :):)

twospoons
02-10-14, 04:35 AM
didn't notice there was a whole thread devoted to this topic, so i just put this in the goal thread a minute ago: why does the patisserie display not contain french desserts?

bobbyrae
02-10-14, 06:38 AM
The sliding glass windows on the case are a really special touch and added bonus<3
It's something I haven't noticed on other displays and I just adore it!

Sliding glass doors? What? Where? :confused:

nicola211982
02-10-14, 09:19 AM
Sliding glass doors? What? Where? :confused:

it does looks like the back could be. Its clear with a bar in the middle which could suggest sliding doors. I never spotted it before I read the post above though.

carabellexo
02-10-14, 11:16 AM
I've just noticed this as well :)

n35513w
02-10-14, 02:42 PM
I thinks this display is perfect the way it is. I like its height. I love that the items behind it can be seen.
http://i.imgur.com/JCppF9N.png

78story
02-10-14, 03:56 PM
Wow, that looks like something you'd see in an actual bakery. I like the signs you placed near them. Nice! :)

happyconejito
07-22-14, 12:19 PM
Is it still possible to even get this display?

PepperWoo
07-22-14, 12:52 PM
@happyconejito The goal for this item has expired unfortunately. So if you weren't able to unlock this display when it was active, you won't be able to get it now.

happyconejito
07-24-14, 01:41 PM
Narg! Why must they still have it in the design items list and tease me with it? Thanks for the reply!

melis007
07-24-14, 02:28 PM
let us have the option to put it on a counter....