PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.8.1 anyone update with itouch 4 th generation or iPad 1?

angela3737
02-06-14, 06:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone has updated to 1.8.1 that came out 2/5/14 with either iPad 1 or itouch 4th?

I pretty much can't play on iPad 1 anymore on dragon ,farm 2, castle without constant crashing ..I use to have been able to play on itouch 4th even though would still get crashes on dragon , farm 2 and castle until farm 2 recent update last week which I lost a ability to play farm 2 since its last update last week so really worried to update dragon and risk losing that too..

lorentw
02-06-14, 07:33 AM
I had issues at the last update so I now wait until it's been out a while, I know this doesn't answer your question, but it does tell you you are not alone

angela3737
02-06-14, 11:02 AM

MajicHearts
02-06-14, 12:54 PM
I got the update today (Thursday Feb 5th) but won't be updating for a few days incase there are any "kinks".

MajicHearts
02-06-14, 12:56 PM
Although, the update might have the mining process in it..........

awsumum
02-06-14, 02:15 PM
I updated the 1.8.1 version, but unfortunately it does not include mining feature :(

MajicHearts
02-06-14, 04:20 PM
I updated the 1.8.1 version, but unfortunately it does not include mining feature :(

So, what's new? Having any problems?

awsumum
02-06-14, 04:50 PM
It asks me for my apple id constantly, and keeps popping up with a weird notification :( I'll try to take picture next time it comes up. Probably not worth it so far

rsusko
02-06-14, 05:45 PM
I haven't had any problems with the update yet but I'm also on the iPad air. I can't actually tell what's different?

knj00
02-06-14, 07:49 PM
I have had no problems with this update on my second account. (itouch 4th gen.)

FYI: iOS has a Valentine's edition in the app store. :)

sfallday
02-06-14, 09:24 PM
Ooh maybe we'll get gold for it

asyran2012
02-06-14, 10:37 PM
There are updates on both Dragon Story and Dragon Story Valentines Edition!

For Dragon Story v1.8.1 , it says :-

- Our Caretakers have detected and squashed a den of dragon bugs! (Does this mean breeding with be better?)
- Performance Enhancements for better , stronger and faster dragons! (What does this mean?:rolleyes:)

For Dragon Story Valentines Day v1.8.2 , it says :-

- Dragon Story Valentines Day is back for 2014! Check out the newest Valentines Dragons to arrive while reconnecting with favorites from last year!

and as usual ? it does says :-

- We're constantly working to make Dragon Story the best it can be , so keep the feedbacks coming! Just leave your Storm8 ID , level and device type in your review!

? in both versions :p

angela3737
02-08-14, 07:06 AM
Hum....still a little worried to update ...haven't ever had an improvement for crashes during any update ..think I wil lair a bit ...:)

akifunoize
02-08-14, 10:30 AM
I've pretty much stopped playing on my iPad 1 because of the constant crash since months ago. DS was affected first ever since it started the quest and battle arena. Initially I could try to control it by not rushing through, collecting from habitats one at a time, basically do everything slowly. But it got much worse after I installed Farm Story 2 and then my Castle Story was affected much more frequently too.

It's quite upseting cause I love CS. At least for DS, I could still play it on my main Android device although missing out on many iOS features.

I feel that the updates wouldn't help but instead add on the load that the iPad just couldn't handle anymore. I've updated the firmware, cleaned through unused apps, uninstalled FS2 but the problem still persist. I guess the device is just outdated and not compatible with the games anymore. Until I can afford a new Apple device then..