PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep my counters filled... Not making enough food

tresspassers
02-05-14, 03:22 PM
I am level 25-26 in RS and BS and in both games I am having trouble keeping enough food on my counters. They are often empty. I can't complain that my food is being eaten too quickly, I'll gladly take their money. How do I produce food faster (without using gems)? When I am working that day I will do recipes that are 6 hours or more. When I am at home all day I do recipes that are 2-4 hours all day long and either way it is the same. It should get better when I have more appliances. Is this normal, and if so what level do I eventually catch up to customers?

meme1098
02-05-14, 03:38 PM
At that level it's very hard to keep food on the counters, especially over night.

sparrow0817
02-05-14, 04:05 PM
Yes, that is normal. I'm at almost level 50 and I still run out of food sometimes.

tresspassers
02-05-14, 04:20 PM
Dang. Thanks. Good to know I'm not doing something wrong.

pigricesnow
02-05-14, 04:27 PM
Close the door

ElaineCarrel
02-05-14, 07:57 PM
Close the door

Closing the door will not solve the problem. The door actually doesn't close all the way and when u "reopen" u might have a quick sale and any food u might've had left could've been sold then.
The best thing 2 do is block off some of your tables, making sure u leave enough to satisfy ur bot, somewhere around 24, and this will slow down ur sales.

TinksThots
02-05-14, 10:40 PM
Split your stoves - Do what you're doing now with 2/3 of them, and devote the other third to cooking longer (1-2 day) recipes that have a higher yield. It's still gonna be hard for a while, but it'll get better as you level up and unlock more appliance slots. ;-)

saren47
02-06-14, 07:32 AM
If you want to slow your sales, move your tables further from the door. The closer the tables are to the door the faster they eat and run.

jim23cash
02-06-14, 12:58 PM
Ask your neighbors to gift you food. Hot chocolate is a large amount and has a higher selling price than most of food gifts. When you get more surplus built up, you can ask them to change over to gifting parts if you like.

TinksThots
02-06-14, 01:35 PM
Ask your neighbors to gift you food. Hot chocolate is a large amount and has a higher selling price than most of food gifts. When you get more surplus built up, you can ask them to change over to gifting parts if you like.
Hey! You over there! Yeah, you! C'mere! *yanks you by the sleeve* We're next door, where stew does the most good! *sits you down with a bib and a bowl* There now, that's better! :cool:

bobbyrae
02-06-14, 02:13 PM

Hot chocolate? :rolleyes:

ElaineCarrel
02-06-14, 05:26 PM
Hey! You over there! Yeah, you! C'mere! *yanks you by the sleeve* We're next door, where stew does the most good! *sits you down with a bib and a bowl* There now, that's better! :cool:

After Tinks is done w u don't 4get the Roasted Chicken either. Ull get 8 coins per plate from that.

meme1098
02-06-14, 05:41 PM

Don't think there's any hot chocolate to gift in RS. Stew (5 coins), bacon & eggs (6), & roast chicken (8 coins) are the best food gifts.

tresspassers
02-06-14, 06:53 PM
Yeah I don't want to slow down sales, I want to speed up production to keep up with my customers! I couldn't tell if longer meals once-twice a day or quicker meals more frequently made a difference in making more food. I'm willing to bet if I sat there and did 1min-3min meals ALL day long I could keep up. I guess it doesn't matter that much since the plates go for different prices, I could still be making more money even with frequently empty counters. I go about half and half with my gifts, I accept half food and half parts.

bobbyrae
02-07-14, 09:16 AM
After Tinks is done w u don't 4get the Roasted Chicken either. Ull get 8 coins per plate from that.

Eight coins and not well liked too! Bacon and eggs is better than Roast chicken these days. :)

bobbyrae
02-07-14, 09:18 AM
Yeah I don't want to slow down sales, I want to speed up production to keep up with my customers! I couldn't tell if longer meals once-twice a day or quicker meals more frequently made a difference in making more food. I'm willing to bet if I sat there and did 1min-3min meals ALL day long I could keep up. I guess it doesn't matter that much since the plates go for different prices, I could still be making more money even with frequently empty counters. I go about half and half with my gifts, I accept half food and half parts.

Find shorter cooking times with higher yield, then. Kiwi cake might be a good one. There are others I am sure. The trick is to build up a stockpile of food so that you are not making bacon and eggs every three minutes or french toast every minute just trying to keep up with the customers. Cooking high yield recipes means that even when you are away from your game you are still able to have enough food to continue feeding your customers and so still earn money. Try to have over 50k of different types of food on your counters. I try to cook my full complement of ovens with different high profit food.

clarissadw
02-07-14, 04:14 PM
By level 40 or 50 you'll suddenly notice 100s of thousands of plates of food on your counters. Yes, you will be tempted to count them all at least once. By level 70 you'll start contemplating tossing out food just to have fewer counters, or you'll leave your appliances sit empty at times. There's no real downside to having empty counters because it means you already sold everything you could possible produce. The gameplay is balanced between how fast you can produce food vs how much money you have tied up in extra plates that won't ever be eaten. Put another way, how much you produce vs how much you consume, and the difference (if it's positive) is money sitting on your counter. Your level (or how many appliances you have) changes how you approach the game, so you'll probably change your approach very slowly as you level. I don't care about money much anymore, and aim mostly for those gems from mastering recipes. I know what lies ahead is tossing out food, or adding dozens of counters. Later on, it'll be running out of recipes to master, and waiting for new recipes and new goal appliances. Just don't ask me why I aim for the gems because I don't care much for the specials--I prefer a more realistic looking restaurant--and end up using them for wallpaper and tables. Go with the flow and adjust as the gameplay changes. This is why you can't just accept advice from the forum without understanding what level it's aimed at--what's right for a level 99 player could be inappropriate for level 40 or 15, though you could still play it that way if you want. Especially the advice not to buy extra appliances--you might be in a rush now, but later on you won't know what to do with them.

Go with the flow and enjoy the game. There's no reason to rush or play any particular way.