PDA

View Full Version : Items are not selling in the last few days

ciarjen
02-05-14, 04:09 AM
For the last few days my shop has now been selling items like it used to. A lot of my items I sell at market rate or for what I have always sold and and cleared them quickly.

I expanded to the Alpaca and ended up with a free hundred spaces in my barn but in the last two days it has filled up. I've got 9 slots in the shop all full and if anything is selling it is only one item and I put something in there straight away and then there is another long wait for a slot to be free again.

In all the months I have played the game it has never been like this before. Everything has just ground to a halt and there is nothing I can do now to "play" the game until stuff starts selling again.

Is something different in the last few days?

rosewaterlily
02-05-14, 04:37 AM
Maybe it's because the train has become a giant gem trap so people aren't as eager to buy expensive stuff to fill up the train orders anymore? I've only been selling extra blackberries lately and those are snatched up right away.

Rockinkitten
02-05-14, 06:27 AM
Same here!

cosmolife
02-05-14, 10:46 AM
I posted on another thread that this same exact thing is happening to me as well.

I sell stuff non-stop for a few hours straight and then bam! Everything suddenly stops selling. Then only one slot continues to sell but then it too stops after a while. And then nothing sells for hours. Probably half a day or so that I can't sell nothing.

After this "blackout" period ends, everything goes back to normal and I can sell stuff quickly until the next blackout and everything stops selling. This makes me think that TL did this on purpose to limit how much money we can make per day. It's frustrating but at least when it happens, I can give my poor phone a break from constant playing. Haha!

Mylly2
02-05-14, 07:07 PM
I think there's a few reasons for side shop changes.
The 5 minute updates (used to be 30 minutes) allows buyers to be more choosy and there's less need to snap up sales.
The delivery orders seem to be improved and quite achievable with items from our own barns.
The poor train design has made filling orders less desirable.
The timezones reflect sales, folk going shopping in the evening before they go to bed. A short burst of sales, then a long gap.

mamareader02
02-05-14, 07:18 PM
Yeah,mornings and night are my best selling times,otherwise I also have that lone "lucky slot",I had to build all available max slots just to keep barn from overflowing! I think,in addition to the train gem trap,is that many people are having a hard time just getting into their game to play,a lot of my neighbors have only been able to play sporadically ,I know one of my best customers said she has been having a hard time visiting and buying from shops.i myself have been having a hard time with shops on and off,buts mine problem is due to a very picky internet connection that my cable company can't seem to fix

taxitaxigames
02-06-14, 03:03 AM
the same here.

And I think timezone isn't an issue here, as everything worked fine before (till Valentines update, I'd say).

amanitamuscaria
02-06-14, 03:03 AM
I think it is because of the Lama update. Maybe people are saving money for that expansion. Or maybe they already have the lama, but no more money after that. And everybody is selling but not buying. I like these moments, because I buy many cheap things and when the "crisis" is over, I sell them on higher prices :)

ciarjen
02-07-14, 03:19 AM
It's still the same for me. I can't collect things that I have made, the barn is full, all my slots are full to sell and they are not selling.

Items like the salad from the deli which used to sell immediately because it is a 3hr craft and not seen often in the newspaper, just sit in my shop for hours and hours. I have had the same with things like scarfs and buttons - all things that I used to be able to sell within minutes as they went into the newspaper.

I liked this game because of this because whenever you logged on there was something to do if you had the time to play. Now I can't do anything except log off the game and come back later to see if anything has sold......and more often than not it hasn't.

GameOfFarms
02-07-14, 05:46 AM
If my barn is full I still continue to make produce. Especially animal feed or flour and sugars. I can't collect it but it's made and available to be collected. Or, if I'm able to, I'll make quiche, baked potatoes, apple pies or pizza, as they use eggs, sour cream, cheese and bacon which means my barn opens up with space again.

I've always had ups and downs with my shop. Sometimes it sells really well, other times I have stuff sitting there until stormie buys it.

mamareader02
02-07-14, 12:04 PM
This is getting ridiculous! Only thing selling today are the rare times I put a map or shovel out! Since people are buying,just not the usual "train supply" stuff,the lack of customers has got to be about the train! Fix the train please,it's messing up the whole supply and demand economics(a word TL likes to throw around) of the whole game! It's deeply effecting one of the main areas of the game,the shop!if nobody needs stuff for the train,nobody can sell anything,it's not that hard to figure out it's because the train,to most,is now a giant gem trap(I have no problem though,I just touch the top of each box to scroll down,tiny fingers)

enaid03
02-07-14, 12:11 PM
I've had the same issue, but I thought it was just me. The change has been definitely after the arrival of the alpaca.

mamareader02
02-07-14, 12:17 PM
Nope,it's happening to all of us ,and I'm at max capacity in the barn so I can't even upgrade it to make room for the backlog!

PookieBear50
02-07-14, 02:45 PM
I'm wondering...how many items are each of you selling at a time? I have had little difficulty moving items through my Side Shop (I probably just jinxed myself by saying that), but I usually only sell 2 of each item at a time at market value (exception being Eggs, I sell 4 at once). Perhaps other players are unwilling to spend over 1,000 coins for 10 of one item when they need only 3 or 4 of them? I do sell some crops, and the only one that seems to stall is the cocoa, probably because it is the fastest to produce. Crops I sell 5 at a time at market value, including the herbs.

ciarjen
02-07-14, 02:54 PM
I'm wondering...how many items are each of you selling at a time? I have had little difficulty moving items through my Side Shop (I probably just jinxed myself by saying that), but I usually only sell 2 of each item at a time at market value (exception being Eggs, I sell 4 at once). Perhaps other players are unwilling to spend over 1,000 coins for 10 of one item when they need only 3 or 4 of them? I do sell some crops, and the only one that seems to stall is the cocoa, probably because it is the fastest to produce. Crops I sell 5 at a time at market value, including the herbs.

I usually sell most items singularly and usually they sell very quickly but not any more.

In fact in the last few days I have had to resort to putting up 10 items for sale, which I would rather not do, just to clear out space in the barn.

I have managed to sell some stock this afternoon by knocking prices down to lower than the market rate....and I have noticed other people doing that too. I saw two silver up for sale for 100 today. I would have normally bought them myself and resold for 140 but I couldn't risk it because I didn't know if they would sell. I watched the newspaper for 5 minutes and that silver did not sell. All metals usually sell as soon as they are listed in the paper.

tankerslacers
02-07-14, 05:10 PM
I've noticed that my items are not selling either, and they were before - so it's not the time zone, etc. It's really slowing the game down and making it boring. I went a couple of days without playing because it was so boring - nothing is selling. I think the train gem trap has something to do with it - people aren't filling the train orders which is affecting the entire game play.