PDA

View Full Version : Spending gold

rasike
02-02-14, 02:22 PM
I'm level 41 and I am still unsure what is the best way to invest gold. I already have the second nest and I wanted to ask if it's a good idea to buy a third nest? I would have needed it only twice so far. Is it better to buy a super habitat for 500 gold or speed breeding? What about decorations or special dragons?

DragonMaster128z
02-02-14, 02:27 PM
Save in case there is another Gold Type Dragon.

rasike
02-03-14, 03:07 AM
Dragon Master, what is a Gold Type Dragon? Just wanted to be sure I will recognise it :)

ciarjen
02-03-14, 03:41 AM
Dragon Master, what is a Gold Type Dragon? Just wanted to be sure I will recognise it :)

In the market under the star section on dragons, they have gold bars as their icon - currently available Goldwing and Treasure. When they are level 10 they give you 5 gold bars a day. You cannot breed them.

ciarjen
02-03-14, 03:47 AM
I'm level 41 and I am still unsure what is the best way to invest gold. I already have the second nest and I wanted to ask if it's a good idea to buy a third nest? I would have needed it only twice so far. Is it better to buy a super habitat for 500 gold or speed breeding? What about decorations or special dragons?

I am level 114 and only have 2 nests which has been adequate for me. I would not bother with decorations as you may find you struggle for space at times and they get in the way and the super habitats are not necessary and you are paying a lot of real money to store one extra dragon.

I would save the gold for tournaments. Can you do tournaments? If you can, wait for the next one which offers a champion dragon as a prize. Win what battles you can, then use gold to buy the rounds you can't win. These dragons are not breedable and cost a lot in the market to buy outright and it is a good investment for future tournaments.

Only buy gold when you need it though as it is really easy to lose it all by mistake in a gold trap.

asyran2012
02-03-14, 06:12 AM
In the market under the star section on dragons, they have gold bars as their icon - currently available Goldwing and Treasure. When they are level 10 they give you 5 gold bars a day. You cannot breed them.

and it's only iOS :)
If you're Android… Well… Just save them :p

rissah
02-03-14, 07:55 AM
If you're going to save it be very careful because as they said, you could lose it all and very easily in a gold trap. I'm level 107 and never needed a third nest. I did spend 300 gold when the Gilded dragon was on sale, and that was awesome.

rissah
02-03-14, 07:56 AM
I also try to budget at least 60 gold for tournaments in case I can't get past a dragon or two.

yayacupcake
02-03-14, 09:07 AM
and it's only iOS :)
If you're Android… Well… Just save them :p

If you're Android, don't save them. Nothing to save up for. Speed up your breeding, you'll get very jaded with the game very shortly.

matchbox222
02-03-14, 09:23 PM
Save up to Buy another nest they really come in handy when your dragon on your nest isn't finished yet and your breeding is

Sparkly888
02-04-14, 06:05 AM
You could also save it for the next time they have a Dragon Summoning goal.
If you've collected almost all the "leaves" or whatever the currency is for that particular goal and time is running out you can finish it with gold.
No ideas when the next one will be.

rissah
02-04-14, 11:13 PM
I hate these gold traps. I wish TL would stop trying to earn money off their fans' mistakes. Accidentally sped up a Crusader yesterday. Sucked. I almost feel like the only way to avoid them is to not have any gold at all.

freshfunin2008
02-05-14, 11:59 AM
I am level 114 and only have 2 nests which has been adequate for me. I would not bother with decorations as you may find you struggle for space at times and they get in the way and the super habitats are not necessary and you are paying a lot of real money to store one extra dragon.

I would save the gold for tournaments. Can you do tournaments? If you can, wait for the next one which offers a champion dragon as a prize. Win what battles you can, then use gold to buy the rounds you can't win. These dragons are not breedable and cost a lot in the market to buy outright and it is a good investment for future tournaments.

Only buy gold when you need it though as it is really easy to lose it all by mistake in a gold trap.

The only thing I would add is that the gold traps are not mistakes. TL makes the game run slowly so that you think you are having a glitch so you press the same button twice instead of once... you have to be patient.... and then next thing you know the glitch has passed and it takes both of your key strokes and it never seems to fail the 2nd key stroke was the finish button and now you are out a bunch of gold. I have seen it happen way too many times. That is pure profit for them. Not a mistake.

chalupa2030
02-05-14, 12:17 PM
The only thing I would add is that the gold traps are not mistakes. TL makes the game run slowly so that you think you are having a glitch so you press the same button twice instead of once... .

How do you know this to be true? And if you believe such things why on earth would you play DS?

midnightmeerkat
02-05-14, 12:56 PM
How do you know this to be true? And if you believe such things why on earth would you play DS?

I don't believe it's true.... Any game you play has some sort of lag as it loads pages & connects to the server.

chalupa2030
02-05-14, 01:15 PM
I don't believe it's true.... Any game you play has some sort of lag as it loads pages & connects to the server.

This makes absolute sense. DS is the only game I play and I really don't see any evil shenanigans going on. I have only been playing for six months ~ I am no expert!

Thank you!

ciarjen
02-05-14, 01:50 PM
I think the lag depends on the device you are playing on. I am playing on an ipad air and there is no lag and no fruitful dragon "processing" but I have an older ipad which does have a bit of a lag to it and my even older iphone used to lag a lot.

So I don't think the lag is deliberate but "gold traps" are deliberately placed in places where you can easily tap them by mistake.

rissah
02-06-14, 01:56 PM
I think the lag depends on the device you are playing on. I am playing on an ipad air and there is no lag and no fruitful dragon "processing" but I have an older ipad which does have a bit of a lag to it and my even older iphone used to lag a lot.
So I don't think the lag is deliberate but "gold traps" are deliberately placed in places where you can easily tap them by mistake.

Weird, I have the newest iPhone and I get that lag with the processing fruitful dragon a lot.

I heard though that there used to be a "Are you sure you want to spend this gold" prompt and it's no longer there. So it's safe to assume TL wants you to make mistakes by placing the strategically.

chalupa2030
02-06-14, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure they are placed on purpose, but I def tap them by mistake! Just did it the other day emptying my farms. "Finish for 13 gold "

I was mad! Gotta learn to wait for that red apple to come back and slow down!

kooky panda
02-06-14, 03:27 PM
Closing thread since it has been detrailed and gone off topic.

For loss of gold, you can send an email to support@teamlava.com