PDA

View Full Version : The best thing to spend gems on?

r41pi
02-02-14, 12:41 PM
Opinions needed. For the long time players what is the best item to spend gems on.

meme1098
02-02-14, 12:44 PM
Wizard school for me. Upgraded to level 5 gives 9 energy every 4.5 hrs for me.

parlski
02-02-14, 12:45 PM
two wizard schools, then two pergolas. pergola is like getting the milk and egg exchange.

carolinarain
02-03-14, 02:06 AM
The Wizard School is for sure an awesome buy. Upgrade it as high as you can, it's definitely worth it. I'm considering adding a second to my kingdom in the very near future :)

girufel
02-03-14, 11:18 AM
And red trillium. For red petals.

doobievilla
02-03-14, 08:03 PM
iTunes

vednir
02-04-14, 09:18 AM
The preview implied that the valentine's day items are likely going to cost gems so I suggest you save up whatever you have until Thursday. Once those items are released you can decide whether you want to spend gems on them. After that you can rank them in the usual set of items that are suggested (wizard school x 2, barracks, gem animals, gem trees, pergola, etc).

ciarjen
02-04-14, 10:00 AM
Can anyone please explain what the Wizard School is please.

guyrye
02-04-14, 10:02 AM
Can anyone please explain what the Wizard School is please.

It gives you energy as its drop.

cad33
02-04-14, 02:22 PM
To be able to upgrade my Wizard schools faster, I made 8 libraries. Yeah, Wizard schools are that good.

I'd vote, Wizard School 1, Wizard School 2, Barracks, Red Trillium, Fortune Tellers, Gem plants/animals you are missing. In that order.

GoodyTwoShoes2
02-04-14, 05:24 PM
How did having 8 libraries help you upgrade your Wizard Schools faster? I have 2 schools & upgrading them to 3 & 4 seems too hard.

Castloninian
02-04-14, 11:12 PM
I guess the more libraries you collect from, the more chance at spellbooks. Remember Old Thomas's house also drops them sometimes. I have 3 libraries and now have enough books to upgrade one school to L5 but am not too fussed about upgrading. I might do once I get close to maxing out on books. For some reason I like to have them both at the same level.

carolinarain
02-05-14, 03:54 AM
The higher level your Wizard School is, though, the more energy you get in less amount of time. For those who don't have one/aren't aware.

Can someone tell me what sort of things the Fortune Teller drops? Its one investment I never made, after seeing a lot of people comment that they regretted getting it shortly after it came out. I'm curious now that I see it pop up in here.

vednir
02-05-14, 08:28 AM
The higher level your Wizard School is, though, the more energy you get in less amount of time. For those who don't have one/aren't aware.

Can someone tell me what sort of things the Fortune Teller drops? Its one investment I never made, after seeing a lot of people comment that they regretted getting it shortly after it came out. I'm curious now that I see it pop up in here.

It's not worth the cost in gems yet in my opinion. They just added a couple of fortunes as of late but they're all one time drops. You can see the full list here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller

ashanthya
02-05-14, 10:04 AM
I have two wizard schools, both at level 5. I can tell you that even after you fully upgrade both schools, the libraries/adventures still drop spell books. I'm currently maxed on them. And you should definitely get the wizard school(s) first. Then the barracks. Being able to run two adventures at once was really helpful on those timed quests. I finished them all, but I don't think I would have without the extra adventure.

celphyn
02-05-14, 10:27 AM
I have a wizard school, red trilium and i just got the barrack (no more gems =/)
Now I begin to save for the fortune teller ^^

cad33
02-05-14, 12:35 PM
How did having 8 libraries help you upgrade your Wizard Schools faster? I have 2 schools & upgrading them to 3 & 4 seems too hard.

When I was collecting from all 8; I'd get ~2 spellbooks per collection. Collection times are 8 hrs, so I could nominally do it twice a day (sometimes 3). That meant generally at least 4 per day, sometimes I might get as many as 12 in a day. This just help speed my upgrading wizard schools along. And I use them all the time. Generally at least 3 times per day, so that's an extra 60 energy each day. It helps!

cloudsail
02-05-14, 05:50 PM

I got it just because I like the way it looks and the fact that it does something other than just sit there and look pretty (like the royal manor). The stuff you get from the fortunes is not worth the amount you spend on the building, but to me it adds something to the gameplay and that's worth it.

carolinarain
02-06-14, 01:53 AM
It's not worth the cost in gems yet in my opinion. They just added a couple of fortunes as of late but they're all one time drops. You can see the full list here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller

Thanks for the info. I think I'd rather spend my gems on another Wizard School!

55Merida
02-11-14, 02:52 PM
I agree on the Wizard School completely. I have one but would love to have two. It is up to a lvl5 but i just try to pace myself, plus the tending of other items in order to trade for energy is the only way I will ever continue to expand at the far reaches past level 30 it takes extraordinary #'s of expansions permits. I will probably be maxed out on lanterns before I have enough, but I digress.

The Fortune Tellers Hut is so pretty, but I did spend gems on it and don't feel at all, for one moment it was worth it. I think i only ever saw 3 fortunes come out of it and one was super lame about trees...well i have abt a 100 trees, i wasn't going to go chopping trees all day to get whatever it was that may have dropped from one of them so I gave that one up. I read recently that more fortunes had been added....oh 3 weeks ago or so.. have yet to see one yet.

The Barracks. It's a nice to have, but if you are anything like me, I need at least 3 kitchens or 4 to even come close to being able to send one adventure daily. so it is an added bonus, but it always annoys the stuffing out of me that it takes two days instead of one. I'd rather just use the castle. But thats me.

cloudsail
02-11-14, 04:10 PM
The Fortune Tellers Hut is so pretty, but I did spend gems on it and don't feel at all, for one moment it was worth it. I think i only ever saw 3 fortunes come out of it and one was super lame about trees...well i have abt a 100 trees, i wasn't going to go chopping trees all day to get whatever it was that may have dropped from one of them so I gave that one up. I read recently that more fortunes had been added....oh 3 weeks ago or so.. have yet to see one yet.

If you don't complete the fortune you are on, you won't get any more. There are a lot more than 3 fortunes, but if you don't finish the current fortune you will always be stuck there and never experience what comes after. I would advise you to go on the fortune teller thread and figure out what fortune you're stuck on right now and complete it, otherwise you're missing out on stuff that you spent gems on.

cloudsail
02-11-14, 04:11 PM
I think you may be on the dead tree one, you have to buy some dead trees and chop them down. Keep chopping until you get a dialog with Ivy, then you'll know the fortune is over.

meme1098
02-11-14, 04:20 PM
And you can then move onto the next one since they go in order.