PDA

View Full Version : Gems needed for everything

sydneysbabies
02-01-14, 12:40 AM
:mad: I do not think it should cost gems to do everything. Make crossbreeding cost coins instead. Almost everything requires gems and its frustraiting. I hate not being able to complete alot of the quests because they cost gems. Im not rich and im not gonna spend my money on a game. If it doesnt change, im gonna uninstall.

bobbyrae
02-01-14, 05:18 AM
How would the company make money?

WolfDPlasma
03-21-14, 09:48 AM
@bobbyrae: By making special rare things cost money, and not every single pet in the pet store, permanent decorations included.

This was one of the major reasons why I pretty much stopped playing Pet Shop Story. Most, if not all, of the pets needed to complete collections cost tons of money to buy (seriously, the border collie's 149 gems a pop. Who would be willing to pay for something at that price?). In order to advance many of the goals, you need to buy things with gems that are a permanent part of the game (and not special or rare at all).

I would understand the need for money better if you were selling limited time offer things for gems, but the things in stores that stay there year round that aren't really that special to begin with? Those should be for coins, not gems.

The company's trying so hard to make money that they're apparently forgetting that one, not everyone has the cash to continue on with the game, and two, not everyone is going to be willing to spend those gems if everything costs them. You need to actually make people want to buy whatever it is you're selling if you're going to have any chance of making money at all.

lectraplayer
07-22-14, 07:27 PM
It would be better if I could complete quests or otherwise farm the game for gems like I can coins (but not necessarily in that volume). I would vote for gems being common for quests and special achivements, or otherwise breaking the daily pet shop grind. If Storm8 is concerned with money, there is always ads, among other things.