PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - January 30, 2014

FrozenTurtle
01-30-14, 03:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PTF71Ug.png

Hey everyone, there's a few changes coming today. This change applies to all versions, but remember that not all versions will have the same available units. We recommend upgrading to the most current version, Kingdom Clash 1.3.4 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id638320037?mt=8&at=10l3QL&ct=forum), which you can find in the App Store.

Troops

Bears

Decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

Knights

Decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

Airships

Slightly decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

TrotUA
01-30-14, 04:27 PM
Why don't you just take away all the troops and leave us nothing to attack with

That would make a pretty fun game right?

kwhales
01-30-14, 04:45 PM
Ok jan 16 patch notes you slightly increased hit points in airships. Today you slightly decreased hit points on airships. Really??

Jan 16 you decreased damage on airships. Today you decreased damage on airships. So are you saying airships are just things weapons can have target practice with?

does this make sense to anyone?

syllrag
01-30-14, 04:45 PM
lol, i wasn't expecting this, what a nerf

bear lv5 hp decreased from 1606 to 1252
airship lv4 hp decreased from 737 to 544

matchbox222
01-30-14, 04:47 PM
Yay maybe now I can actually survive when other people attack me

redrockstar
01-30-14, 05:18 PM
Looks like it's almost time to quit. I've had enough of you guys putting out these awful updates instead of making actual ADDITIONS to the game.

Why is it that some players have increased troop prices while others got nothing? FrozenTurtle where are the answers? How is that fair? You're always ignoring the question.

ccc5469
01-30-14, 05:33 PM

Lmao...that pretty much sums up my thoughts as well

cornythorny
01-30-14, 08:05 PM
im curious of that latest updates lately.... firemocha trying to stop ppl from farming? ....nope failed miserably or slowing trying to **** the game off? ding ding ding

jackansi
01-30-14, 10:11 PM
Seems to me I see the same people saying they're going to quit each time this happens. How about you actually quit to prove your point instead of threatening to quit but staying and paying (for gems)? You threaten to quit and don't it just provokes more **** changes.

And Frozen Turtle, tell the people making the decisions to nerf this or that my opinion: they are rank amateurs in game design and have no business in the business.

liscke
01-30-14, 10:38 PM
I really tried to think of any way these last changes make the slightest bit of sense, but unless youre farming down low and flattening all the new players trying to get started, there isn't one. You have effectively ****ed the game. Do any of you even bother to play it? No point now, its unplayable

redrockstar
01-31-14, 05:02 AM
Seems to me I see the same people saying they're going to quit each time this happens. How about you actually quit to prove your point instead of threatening to quit but staying and paying (for gems)? You threaten to quit and don't it just provokes more **** changes.

And Frozen Turtle, tell the people making the decisions to nerf this or that my opinion: they are rank amateurs in game design and have no business in the business.

You really need to get off your high horse. Where is the logic in them making bad changes bc people threaten to quit? Do you even think before posting? How ignorant. Plus where is this "paying for gems" claim coming from? Once again, ignorant.

sblewis2
01-31-14, 05:30 AM
Real issue with game. Just before end of battle, attackers get kicked, don't receive crowns, SS or gold won and lose all donations. Never happens when I have lost a battle! Is this a hacker issue or just a very frustrating programming problem? It's been going on for weeks FM! Get it resolved! Tired of getting booted after winning!

jahil
01-31-14, 05:35 AM
So, the game is basically dead now... You left us nothing to work with... STALEMATE!!! Geniuses...

sblewis2
01-31-14, 05:45 AM
FT, horrible idea to have different prices for different players. As a active gamer, I have never seen a game that does this. GOOD REASON! Bad idea! Makes donating very difficult as we are cooking different troops. Very unfair advantages to some/ many. If you are trying to equalize the players this is not the way to do it. Don't ruin this game! Really getting frustrating between changes and serious programming problems! Getting booted, etc.

gfbnm
01-31-14, 05:33 PM
Can we call these releases downdates instead of updates as there is a continuous downgrading of troops , times and functionality.

You can call them an update when players start to see a improvement

tiedyetim
02-01-14, 03:28 AM
Reading the writing on the wall. Send me an email when this is playable again.

missyworld
02-01-14, 03:34 AM
Reading the writing on the wall. Send me an email when this is playable again.

I let my little cousin used my iPad she added a strom I'd on it, now I can't transferr my game, anyone know how I can do that?

MeisterLampee
02-01-14, 04:34 AM
Wow! You guys surprise me again and again. Always when I think "those guys cannot make a worse update" you convince me about the opposite. :-)

Before the update I was able to beat every top 10 base, and lost maybe every third defense game.

After the update I could not win a single match against a top 10 base. And I have not lost any defense match yet.

Like the updates you released before it seems clear that you do not test your changes at all, before you release them. If yes, tell me how you beat a top10 base.

I spent in total over 400$ for gems. This money I spent on you because I trusted you to make a stable playable game. The status before the update was not optimal, but ok and fun to play. The status now is just disappointing.

At least you released some patch notes. That is the only positive I can mention.

MeisterLampe (which goes farming now)

Sumercarefree
02-01-14, 05:26 AM
So, the game is basically dead now... You left us nothing to work with... STALEMATE!!! Geniuses...

I got a bad deal , soon time to delete the game ha ha.

Sumercarefree
02-01-14, 05:18 PM
My Bears are useless now. I've stopped using them as they can't fight.

ccc5469
02-01-14, 07:18 PM
Wow! You guys surprise me again and again. Always when I think "those guys cannot make a worse update" you convince me about the opposite. :-)

Before the update I was able to beat every top 10 base, and lost maybe every third defense game.

After the update I could not win a single match against a top 10 base. And I have not lost any defense match yet.

Like the updates you released before it seems clear that you do not test your changes at all, before you release them. If yes, tell me how you beat a top10 base.

I spent in total over 400$ for gems. This money I spent on you because I trusted you to make a stable playable game. The status before the update was not optimal, but ok and fun to play. The status now is just disappointing.

At least you released some patch notes. That is the only positive I can mention.

Ditto!

Were you guys trying to shift the concept of this game to be more like the Home Design Story? Because that's pretty much much all that is now...just sitting around trying to make my base look pretty. This sucks. Gonna download Clash of Clans..I've heard it's actually playable.

jackansi
02-01-14, 08:36 PM
You really need to get off your high horse. Where is the logic in them making bad changes bc people threaten to quit? Do you even think before posting? How ignorant. Plus where is this "paying for gems" claim coming from? Once again, ignorant.

People threaten to quit and don't means to FM: our changes must have been ok since no one left.

I know people like you pay a lot for gems quite often. You're arrogant to the max, with no brains.

jackansi
02-01-14, 08:40 PM
Ditto!

Were you guys trying to shift the concept of this game to be more like the Home Design Story? Because that's pretty much much all that is now...just sitting around trying to make my base look pretty. This sucks. Gonna download Clash of Clans..I've heard it's actually playable.

I was thinking along the same lines... Funny stuff.

Might as well make kingdom crash more like castle story, just ask your neighbors for crowns instead of building an army and trying to attack for crowns.

minichamp1
02-01-14, 09:14 PM
Kingdom crash is exactly right words !!!This game is headed that direction it is at standstill 1 attack since downgrade 1 trophy lol.what a joke this has become !!!

minichamp1
02-01-14, 09:27 PM
I will ask again for mod to chime in is update coming ??? Are you going to take downgrades off and make max again??? Or is this game now as is???

tenminlate
02-01-14, 10:53 PM

do they take the time to address your posted concerns here, meister master of all masters? i hate to waste my time and it will get ignored by these people.

cas_chua
02-01-14, 11:30 PM
I can't believe this. We worked hard to upgrade our troops and now you nerf them?
Can you please elaborate exactly what you are trying to do?

P/S : I am one of the unlucky ones who got the expensive troops. Most of my troops costs at lot more and some at least 3 times more.

syllrag
02-02-14, 12:13 AM
You guys made Frozen and the gang afraid to push the reply button..

MichaelKors1
02-02-14, 02:31 AM
My troops are so weak now, I only have a chance with bases 20 levels below me

mika112799
02-02-14, 02:51 AM
It's all the latest rage. Make our troops useless, watch the game crash on us repeatedly, and see us stop spending our time and sometimes money on this game. That must be the plan, right?

calymans
02-02-14, 05:31 AM
If you guys are really working on not making the crowns inflated to the top players, you are going down the wrong way!
I see all what you are doing is making everyone standstill in his place I am no longer getting attacked and I no longer wishing to attack because it seems that the troops I am using are no longer effective so to break the ice there I went down farming to find out that I am being matched with probably people who have decided the same and went farming as well, the game is no longer fun I don't think that the new players will be satisfied with us farming on them so I guess that's why they are using the game as a dating site .
We were ok with the unintended bugs, but I am not sure if we will be ok with intended ones!

Dolce_Bella
02-02-14, 07:15 AM
I started farming when I realized my defenses were too weak to have a chance at higher crown levels. I'm also a level 71 but that star level doesn't correspond with my town's capabilities. I used to use upgrade/cancel to reduce my stone storage when it overflowed. I don't like red overfull notices. Each upgrade/cancel inflated my star level. Anyhow, with that background, here is what I've noticed.

There are far more high level farmers today than there were a week ago. There are also far more abandoned towns, those with empty vaults and overflowing markets and mines.

Now that effective troops are too expensive to use and more players have taken up farming as a hobby, I am curious how many new players decide to abandon the game because their resources are wiped out repeatedly by high level players? The effect of overpriced troops isn't limited to gem purchases (although at this low crown level, I wait for my workers to finish rather than gem the upgrades), but in the long term, the game will have little except maxed out towns and abandoned starter towns.

With every change, players threaten to leave however the ones that do leave are the ones that don't say anything, they simply go. Those are the stats that impact the viability of the game in the long term.

minichamp1
02-02-14, 11:10 AM
Guys thanks for your replies I'm so glad others are chiming in it may not help but sure can't hurt ty guys . mods were still waiting on answers!!!!

nachomandeluxe
02-02-14, 01:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PTF71Ug.png

Hey everyone, there's a few changes coming today. This change applies to all versions, but remember that not all versions will have the same available units. We recommend upgrading to the most current version, Kingdom Clash 1.3.4 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id638320037?mt=8&at=10l3QL&ct=forum), which you can find in the App Store.

Troops

Bears

Decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

Knights

Decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

Airships

Slightly decreased damage.
Decreased hit points.

ugh.... I just started using airships

minichamp1
02-02-14, 01:43 PM
So in a nutshell you are saying game is staying as is and goodluck ty for all the money and time u spent with us??????

MichaelKors1
02-02-14, 02:03 PM
I will just wait to get attacked. Better than 75% chance of winning.

mika112799
02-02-14, 03:10 PM
I'm not getting attacked anymore. I just sit there. Watching my nails grow. Getting older.

ccc5469
02-02-14, 04:14 PM
I'm not getting attacked anymore. I just sit there. Watching my nails grow. Getting older.

Same here...I have not been attacked in 48 hours and I'll be d***ed if I'm gonna attack anyone else and lose even more crowns. And I actually lolled at whoever said that about how this game has becoming a dating game...so true...

Why has no one responded yet?

tenminlate
02-02-14, 09:43 PM
I can't believe this. We worked hard to upgrade our troops and now you nerf them?
Can you please elaborate exactly what you are trying to do?

P/S : I am one of the unlucky ones who got the expensive troops. Most of my troops costs at lot more and some at least 3 times more.

i have yet to see a moderator reply to any of the posted concerns. I guess players concerns are not any of their concerns as long as we are still playing and oh yeah giving them our hard earned money.

Sumercarefree
02-03-14, 12:13 AM
ugh.... I just started using airships

My Airships (9k) are more than double what others are paying. Knights(40K) too are too expensive and so are the Dumb Dragons (90k).
My bears cant bite anymore. Ha Ha.
Now got to rely on Archers, before they reduce them to another over priced decorative piece .
What a waste of time upgrading the Barracks !

If everyone paid the same price it would be a fair fight.

syllrag
02-03-14, 03:46 AM
One problem after the other.. And the dev is hiding behind lv99 walls, giving us a silent treatment, getting ready to shut down the game perhaps. I am starting to think that I may have invested my time in the wrong game...

TrotUA
02-03-14, 04:05 AM
Oh everyone I think I figured out why they made these changes!

Storm8 releases another horrible coded buggy game without beta testing or anything, cashes in $$$ quick before all the problems come up later when lots of people start to play. Storm8's code is so bad it crashes and lags their servers just like their iOS app crashes on you all the time.

Storm8's solution: well of course they are too incompetent/lazy/etc to beta test and fix their horrible code, so better to make drastic changes to the game that make it unplayable so that masses of players quit. With fewer player the load on the servers is reduced and they don't lag/crash as much. Problem solved!

jackansi
02-03-14, 07:19 AM
...My bears cant bite anymore. Ha Ha...

Now that Bears are carrying so much less armor and a much smaller hammer they might be able to move a bit quicker...

calymans
02-03-14, 12:15 PM
It makes me wonder why there is no response yet! We need to hear from you what will be going on, you owe us an explanation, you have to tell us whether you are considering to fix this or there is nothing to be done, or if it true that you are going to shut down the game!
If you can't undo the changes then make changes that can fix this; for example you raised the cost of the troops then at least the troops that survive the battle should be restored.
Let the downgraded troops take less space or less training time just do something for god's sake!

jackansi
02-03-14, 02:05 PM
..If you can't undo the changes then make changes that can fix this; for example you raised the cost of the troops then at least the troops that survive the battle should be restored.
Let the downgraded troops take less space or less training time just do something for god's sake!

Those are awesome ideas..

I never understood why you lost all your troops if you got a 100%... I could see not letting the troops recycle if someone didn't get 100%, but if you get 100% you should get the survivors back, even if there is a much-smaller-than-retrain healing fee.

Instead of nerfing troops to help people defend successfully FM could just let people assign troops from their posts that would come out as defense (like the portal). Just put a max on it like no more than 10% of your total on each attack. This would really help lower level people protect their bases before they get a max RH... (note: It would be stupid to do this at the current nerfed level the attacking troops are at)

Would also be nice if the "local" storage in our markets and mines showed toward the total you see on the kingdom screen. So we could see how much we really have and be able to use that directly instead of stupid click farming you have now and that are present in so many other games of yours.

Its pretty bad when your users can come up with more ideas for a real update in a week than you have show you can come up with in several months.

FM, show your users that you can still be creative and innovative, instead of proving what we all suspect: That you're nothing more than a rip-off cookie-cutter company with no real creativity. Show that your company has some creative people there in more than just your art department.

syllrag
02-03-14, 05:27 PM
I wonder how those voluntary mods like maguar feel by reading and editing posts while FM is ignoring our concern.

Its pretty bad when your users can come up with more ideas for a real update in a week than you have show you can come up with in several months.

FM, show your users that you can still be creative and innovative, instead of proving what we all suspect: That you're nothing more than a rip-off cookie-cutter company with no real creativity. Show that your company has some creative people there in more than just your art department.

Being creative and innovative is not in their dictionary. Their staffs wrote in glassdoor that the company only concerns on the bottom line (profit) and limit their staff creativity.

"Cons ? At the end of the day, Storm8 is focused on profit. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - everyone needs to get paid (and those free catered meals won't pay for themselves). But it can sometimes stifle creativity, and lead to decisions based on the bottom line, not based on making best-in-class products." -glassdoor by storm8's employee

"This Company is nothing more than a Money-Greedy Zynga Clone. Cons ? - The games Storm8 makes are all clones of titles Zynga or Popcap make that are proven to be profitable. Up until now, Storm8 is not willing to take a risk on coming up with an innovative game." -glassdoor by storm8's software engineer

"Great place to work, but you won't innovate - ever. Cons ? -Storm8 does not believe in taking market risks. All decisions about which projects to create come from the founders and are entirely based upon what games are already successful. You will be told what game you're cloning and that will be that. Nobody will listen to your pitches, so don't bother making any." -glassdoor by storm8's game designer

"Cons ? -Some games don't allow for much risk, working with whats been proven instead of innovating new projects." -glassdoor by storm8's game designer

"Cons ? A bit less creative freedom than I'd like. Too many safe choices in what is worked on, not enough risk taking. Wish we could do more innovative things." -glassdoor by storm8's employee

"Cons ? Founders are very involved, which sometimes is bad, and sometimes good. Decision making tends to be driven by money making more than fun" -glassdoor by storm8's employee

The list can go on and on... So preaching storm8's employees here on creativity and being innovative won't do you any good. You should spam their CEO, Perry Tam, mailbox instead.

It makes me wonder why there is no response yet! We need to hear from you what will be going on, you owe us an explanation, you have to tell us whether you are considering to fix this or there is nothing to be done, or if it true that you are going to shut down the game!

List of their games that have been shut down:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57130-Retiring-Older-Games

I think their staff who post here might agree with our concerns; however, it contradicts with what the higher ups say. Frozen and the gang might not be able to think of any good excuse for this to be posted here, which lead to why there isn't any response.

jackansi
02-03-14, 09:16 PM
Wow, it's as bad as all that? Thanks for the info.

mackbolan
02-03-14, 09:35 PM
Most of you probably don't know, but the background music for Kingdom Clash comes from one of Team Lava's retired games, called Empire Story. It wasn't all that good, but I enjoyed playing it with my daughter in 2009 or 2010 as a time waster back when I was playing WorldWar--long before it became a *****ing- and glitch-fest.

Well, the music is insipid, so I play on mute. But I'd guess Storm8 retired Empire Story because the cost to hire someone to come up with some new theme music for Kingdom Clash was more than they were making on Empire Story.

Sumercarefree
02-03-14, 11:43 PM
Now that Bears are carrying so much less armor and a much smaller hammer they might be able to move a bit quicker...

The Bears are only a moving shield now.
5 Warriors has more bite than a Bear. (5 Warriors = 1 bear )

Use too many Bears we definitely lose every attack.

I am in a bad position as the cost of my Airships, Knights and Dragons are all max in price. So I have to rely on little thieves, warriors and archers ha ha.

Luckily the Archers and Demo man are doing a reasonable job ( So TL, cut down their powers and I am out of here for good) :)

Sumercarefree
02-03-14, 11:48 PM
Oh everyone I think I figured out why they made these changes!

Storm8 releases another horrible coded buggy game without beta testing or anything, cashes in $$$ quick before all the problems come up later when lots of people start to play. Storm8's code is so bad it crashes and lags their servers just like their iOS app crashes on you all the time.

Storm8's solution: well of course they are too incompetent/lazy/etc to beta test and fix their horrible code, so better to make drastic changes to the game that make it unplayable so that masses of players quit. With fewer player the load on the servers is reduced and they don't lag/crash as much. Problem solved!

Ha Ha , you have a pretty interesting theory.
Hopefully TL deploys more man and brain power to resolve the problem of unequal pricing of units.

AbbyBites
02-08-14, 09:59 PM

Patch this, TL...I so enjoyed this game; far more than any of your others. KC actually required a bit of brain power. I have happily spent a lot of money on gems over the last few years on various TL games I've enjoyed. Kingdom Clash quickly became my favorite. I made it all the way to LVL 43 before you ruined the party with your bat crud crazy "patch." You do this with every decent game produced. Yeah fun, then you destroy it. I read elsewhere in this forum that KC was a ripped off version of Clash of Clans. Today I downloaded Clash of Clans. Wow! It is far superior to your version and free of your annoying pop ups. I will finally admit out loud what I've known all along...you rip off other games, juice them up initially to lure us and then scuttle the play. You went and ruined the best game you've offered to date. It's not about the money. It's about the customers. You have sat mute in response to all the feedback regarding changes to KC. You lost a customer today because of your extremely ill conceived changes to KC. Hurray for Clash of Clans! I am happily pillaging away!

Sumercarefree
02-09-14, 08:10 PM
I am glad that a repricing has been done and now they are no longer exorbitant

Knights : 12,000 stones and 15 spaces. So a 12 Horse Attack is coming back again. Cheaper than 50 Airship attacks , 170,000 stones. Airships cause more damage but die too fast.
lvl 1 Knight is 239 damage ! same as 3 Bears (level 4) 78x3 = 234.

Already I am seeing more attacks, luckily the walls are holding against ground attacks, but 12 Horses can really kick many.

dreamydragon02
02-12-14, 07:02 PM
How come I can't find any info on the new update?

dreamydragon02
02-12-14, 07:04 PM
I want to know the meaning of the three clans below our clan when fighting for points.

dreamydragon02
02-12-14, 07:04 PM
Anyone now the tread for this new update today? Thanks

liscke
02-13-14, 11:13 PM
Your update says that the bears, knights and airships have been rebalanced? How? In the colour palette? The stats did not change?

Sumercarefree
03-11-14, 01:27 AM
Your update says that the bears, knights and airships have been rebalanced? How? In the colour palette? The stats did not change?

Bears are redundant, we dont really need them ( used to be one of the best, now everyone is cursing).
The Warrior is enough with Archers and Demo. In fact many use only the Demo and Archers for ground attacks.

For air attacks a L4 Airship is still useful , some Archers needed to clean up.

Sumercarefree
03-11-14, 01:31 AM
I want to know the meaning of the three clans below our clan when fighting for points.

If you are winning your Clan will appear at the top in this 12 hour fight.
The other 3 Clans are your opponents.