PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 01/30/2014 Update: Valentine's Day Items

Aggwynn
01-30-14, 11:54 AM
Hi All,

We're very close to entering February!

For today's update, here is what's going out:

1) A Variety of V-Day Items are for sale in the Market!
- This includes: Animals, Plants, and Decorations

2) For a limited time, V-Day Items can be found through any of the main Adventures!

Happy hunting! Next week is going to be MAJOR! ;)

Aggwynn and Glimmergate

Aggwynn
01-30-14, 11:54 AM
Edit(KP)

Items will be available until February 17th!

The Valentine's Day animals from this year will only drop normal items. For example, the Love Pig from this year will only drop Bacon and Truffles, no Chocolate Truffles. The animals from the Love Shack will give you the animals from last year so they will still drop last year's Valentine's Day items.

my607
01-30-14, 12:03 PM
Any clues as to what's major next week? That sounds great .

pipsqueak203
01-30-14, 12:08 PM
I'd just like to say a really big thank you to everyone at TL for your commitment to the weekly updates. I knew it was going to be worth sticking with during those couple months of silence, but now Thursday is my favourite day of the week! Updates get to me (UK) in the evening, so I love coming home from work to see what's new.

Looking forward to the Valentine items - keep up the great work! :) xx

pattipenguin
01-30-14, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

2) For a limited time, V-Day Items can be found through any of the main Adventures!

Aggwynn and Glimmergate
Thank you!

sabbywabbys
01-30-14, 12:29 PM
Im not seeing the items in market??

youbugme
01-30-14, 12:39 PM
Im not seeing the items in market??

Wait til 12pm PST, maybe 20 minutes...

jimboser
01-30-14, 01:10 PM
They are there now!

Animals:
Heart Cow (35 gems), Pink Chicken (2000 coins), Cupid Pig (50 gems), Love Sheep (65 gems)

Plants:
Lovepuff (5 gems), Heartbloom (6 gems), Kissing Willow (7 gems), Fluttermush Ring (20 gems), Flowering Bush (25 gems), Sprite Blossoms (30 gems)

FYI, all of these have been available at the Love Shack, so now everyone gets in on those.

Also, Spire of Love, 6000 coins.

Anyuszko
01-30-14, 01:11 PM
Funny. Pink chicken costs just 2k coin. In my loveshack it is Still 20gems. Nice deal. All other animals are the same price as in loveshack .

dizzy7373
01-30-14, 01:11 PM
The chicken is a coin purchase for me, 2000 coins. The rest are priced in gems
Also no quest today, so a relaxing week ahead apart from sending out plenty of adventures to try and get some free valentines stuff :)

Castloninian
01-30-14, 01:15 PM
I'm glad I'm not fussed about the pink stuff, now I can keep saving my gems for something else. Can't wait for next week, good to have another week to build up some supplies.

schmookis
01-30-14, 01:16 PM
Ahh Friday morning in Australia. I wake up excited to see what the weekly update will bring. My knights have returned and brought me a pretty pink sheep. TYVM. 😘

vednir
01-30-14, 01:18 PM
Of note, the Spire of Love used to not count against your royal building count but does provide royal points. This could be advantageous to newer players that need more royal points for expansions.

dalexxx
01-30-14, 01:25 PM
Nice. What do we get from the new pink tree?

guyrye
01-30-14, 01:26 PM
Will we have the opportunity to get the Love Shack? I missed it last year, so I hope that is available this year.

midnightmeerkat
01-30-14, 01:30 PM
Will we have the opportunity to get the Love Shack? I missed it last year, so I hope that is available this year.

Sorry but the love shack will not be available this year

eepopp
01-30-14, 01:33 PM
I'm glad that the majority of the Valentine's Day plants, decorations and animals are available in the market.

It's just too bad that newer folks can't get the Pink Rainbow. I guess the Pink Rainbow will be the only way to tell Veteran players from newer players now.

jptheripper
01-30-14, 01:35 PM
I'm actually relieved, nice break and time to horde for the huge update next week!

dezzzila
01-30-14, 01:36 PM
Woot woot! So do the trees just chill in your kingdom, or do you chop them?

Of course just a few days ago I got caught in a gem trap due to lagging and sucked me out of 41 gems for speeding up my cathedral... :rolleyes:

jimboser
01-30-14, 01:39 PM
Funny. Pink chicken costs just 2k coin. In my loveshack it is Still 20gems. Nice deal. All other animals are the same price as in loveshack .

Yes, I had to edit my post, when I first looked I thought the animals were all gems.

To me, the pink chicken is worth the price over a regular chicken for one simple reason: The pink animals won't spawn a fangbeast, instead they spawn a lovecupine, basically a pink skunkupine. I'm picking up a few more of those chickens right now before the price changes. ;)

dezzzila
01-30-14, 01:43 PM
I am just soo sooo sooo excited for a mermaid pond... I have waisted so much time and energy by trying to get mermaid scales constantly for essences, I never have enough!

jimboser
01-30-14, 01:44 PM

Of course just a few days ago I got caught in a gem trap due to lagging and sucked me out of 41 gems for speeding up my cathedral... :rolleyes:

Assuming they work like before, you chop the pink trees to collect Love Wood, which may or may not be useful later in this year's quests.

Collecting from the plants can get you red pedals (not sure which ones), Fluttermush ring drops kissing dust, and also glimmer dust more rarely.

These plans previously grew from entwined seedlings, and crafting a flower or tree in the love shack resulted in a random plant, so specific ones were hard to get. Being in the market, you can pick exactly what you want, which is nice.

I think I'm going to haul all of my pink plants out now, since I'm not sure what I might need later.

avidbeader
01-30-14, 01:44 PM

The trees just chill unless you want to chop them. Chopping them would give you pink wood but without the love shack you wouldn't need it.

bethmadison
01-30-14, 02:02 PM
I got a pink lamp post from my knights returning from the barracks. From the simple fest quest :)

sheri59
01-30-14, 02:16 PM
Hi All,

Aggwynn and Glimmergate

How long these items remain in the market?
How long I could get them through adventures?
Are these just for fun, or do I need to have them for future challenges?

arikasi
01-30-14, 02:23 PM
Has anyone tried buying a second or more pink spire. I am maxed out thanks to libraries and jewellers, I just pondered.

moon331
01-30-14, 02:26 PM

I have same questions. Also I wish we could have pink rainbows. I saw them in my neighbor's kingdom and they are so beautiful. I know I sound greedy. :)

Another question is, what exactly is Love Shack like right now? Can it still craft things or just a shop for all these pink items?

Thanks!

Anyuszko
01-30-14, 02:27 PM
Yes, I had to edit my post, when I first looked I thought the animals were all gems.

To me, the pink chicken is worth the price over a regular chicken for one simple reason: The pink animals won't spawn a fangbeast, instead they spawn a lovecupine, basically a pink skunkupine. I'm picking up a few more of those chickens right now before the price changes. ;)

So did me, changed my 16 chickens to pink ones for the same reason :)

youbugme
01-30-14, 02:33 PM
I have same questions. Also I wish we could have pink rainbows. I saw them in my neighbor's kingdom and they are so beautiful. I know I sound greedy. :)

Another question is, what exactly is Love Shack like right now? Can it still craft things or just a shop for all these pink items?

Thanks!

I think the items are available until February 17. The Love Shack still crafts items from last years VDay, but most are just ornamental at this point. I'm gathering TL isn't going to have us reutilize any item that can be crafted since the Love Shcak isn't going to make a comeback this year. I don't think any of these will be to used to advance in the game.

glimmergate
01-30-14, 03:02 PM

The items will be available until shortly after Valentine's Day (February 14). We'll put out an in-game announcement a few days before we remove them from the market.

You can get them from adventures until the day that they are removed from the Market.

They are just for fun :)

We have a big Valentine story update coming up next week, so get ready! :D

jptheripper
01-30-14, 03:20 PM
Awesome. Love that you are doing something new for vday, I hope both veteran and new players will both enjoy!

jessicattt
01-30-14, 03:30 PM
I love the pink items! I bought some of the plants for decoration. Thank you for the updates! I love this game.

Frosty_Wench
01-30-14, 04:39 PM
I just replaced my last 9 regular chickens with pink ones at $2k per. As jimboser said earlier, lovecupine's versus fangbeast = Win. I still end up sending out about 1 Valentine's Feast every 2 weeks or so (whenever I accumulate the absorption crystals from excess mermaid scales), so the chocolate eggs don't hurt either.

eepopp
01-30-14, 05:16 PM

My one and only concern about doing that change is whether pink chickens can also drop Golden Eggs.

Can anyone please verify whether a Valentine chicken drops Golden Eggs or not? If they do, that is a great idea.

craterlake
01-30-14, 05:19 PM
Also, Spire of Love, 6000 coins.[/QUOTE]

With the spire of love where are we expected to get love wood and love stone and kissing dust for the initial build and expansions

eepopp
01-30-14, 05:32 PM
With the spire of love where are we expected to get love wood and love stone and kissing dust for the initial build and expansions

Love wood comes from chopping Vday trees (Lovepuffs, etc)
Kissing dust drops from Fluttermush rings
No idea about Love Stones for people without the Love Shack

LadyFencer
01-30-14, 05:35 PM
Will we every have a use for the pink fur? I've been maxed a long time but never have seen a reason to have it. Or did I miss the reason?

CLOVERKAITO
01-30-14, 05:35 PM

Just bought one.

to build: 30 stone, 30 wood, 15 white petal
level 2 upgrade: 3 stone block, 3 wooden beam, 10 glimmerdust
level 3 upgrade: 2 simple glue, 3 fancy beam, 20 red petal, 3 fancy block
level 4 upgrade: 40 strawberries, 4 fancy beam, 30 jewels, 4 fancy block

No idea what level 5 upgrade is, since I don't have enough strawberries and jewels at the moment. But you can build it past the initial phase easily :)

cad33
01-30-14, 05:39 PM
Just bought one.

to build: 30 stones, 30 wood, 15 white petal

No idea what level 5 upgrade is, since I don't have enough strawberries and jewels at the moment. But you can build it, that's for sure!

level 5 upgrade: 5 Red Dyes, 5 Royal Block, 50 White Petals, 5 Royal Beams

glimmergate
01-30-14, 06:14 PM
My one and only concern about doing that change is whether pink chickens can also drop Golden Eggs.

Can anyone please verify whether a Valentine chicken drops Golden Eggs or not? If they do, that is a great idea.

Yes, Pink Chickens drop Golden Eggs, and the Love Sheep drops Golden Fleece.

gdmcrjunkie
01-30-14, 06:20 PM
Ah I replaced my chickens with pink chickens so I won't have to deal with as many fang beasts, but now that I think about it do pink chickens drop roast chicken? I'm remembering no...

jtm101
01-30-14, 06:30 PM
Has anyone had a monster spawned by the NEW pink chickens yet?

I had one from last years valentines and it spawns the lovecupines, so i bought myself 12 of the new pink chickens to avoid fangbeasts. So far i havent had any monsters spawned from these new chickens. I would say i have collected from them maybe 20+ times without any monsters yet. They also dont drop the chocolate eggs that my original pink chicken did, which makes me think they are just normal chickens in disguise.

jtm101
01-30-14, 06:31 PM
Ah I replaced my chickens with pink chickens so I won't have to deal with as many fang beasts, but now that I think about it do pink chickens drop roast chicken? I'm remembering no...

The new pink chickens DO drop roast chickens, don't know if the old one does.... Never noticed.

oliverrr11
01-30-14, 06:45 PM
The new pink chickens DO drop roast chickens, don't know if the old one does.... Never noticed.

The old ones definitely drop roast chicken. I get them regularly from one I had. Just bought some new ones too.

sassmastah
01-30-14, 07:44 PM

Glimmergate, will the new pink chickens spawn lovecupines? Or still spawn fangbeasts?

kimberly0822
01-30-14, 07:54 PM
I have gotten golden eggs from the pink ones..

kimberly0822
01-30-14, 07:56 PM
In the new update will there be a use for pink fur? Have been maxed forever and there is nothing to use it for..I'd be happy even if we could use for trade items.

cherriesx
01-30-14, 08:16 PM
Very happy to see the decorations brought back!! Thanks TL!!! :) I've gotten chickens, love spire and some trees, waiting to see if I get anything from the adventures before I start major gem spendage. Looking forward to next week!

rachmac07
01-30-14, 08:24 PM
I just got a Lovecupine from my new pink chickens and it opened up a new goal. Only one so far for me though. Will keep trying.

rachmac07
01-30-14, 08:25 PM
Has anyone tried buying a second or more pink spire. I am maxed out thanks to libraries and jewellers, I just pondered.

I bought two. It worked no problem :)

rachmac07
01-30-14, 08:27 PM
My pink trees (I bought some of each) do not drop anything special. Just wood and sap (and the occasional living wood).

jimboser
01-30-14, 08:48 PM
I just got a Lovecupine from my new pink chickens and it opened up a new goal. Only one so far for me though. Will keep trying.

What new goal? I just got a Lovecupine and no goal triggered. But I've had pink animals for a while.

rabsos
01-30-14, 09:18 PM

I know I got me a few even to keep
Them for next year instead spending gems I'm kinda happy about it yay!!

monstermash1
01-30-14, 09:35 PM

Yes mine just gave me roast chicken and eggs

moon331
01-30-14, 09:47 PM
Do all the adventures have the same rate of dropping pink decorations and animals?

rabsos
01-30-14, 09:55 PM
Is any one getting a goal for any if the valentine items?? I got a lovecupine but no goal??

manu90ela
01-31-14, 12:28 AM
Is any one getting a goal for any if the valentine items?? I got a lovecupine but no goal??

Are the Lovecupines appearing for all players now who've got pink chickens? Or only for those who played the vday edition already last year?

Anyuszko
01-31-14, 01:19 AM
Just bought one.

to build: 30 stone, 30 wood, 15 white petal

No idea what level 5 upgrade is, since I don't have enough strawberries and jewels at the moment. But you can build it past the initial phase easily :)

I have lvl 3 spire of loves in my storage ("old" ones). Upgrade to lvl 4 is still needs: 50 love wood, 50 love stones, 5 love essence and 10 pink furs.

Anyuszko
01-31-14, 01:26 AM
I wonder for the new quests. Glimmergate, will it need to expand to the tower in the south-east part of the forest? There is still a tower there where we couldnt expand.

I am collecting expansion permits now, and not using them to expand to the new places (I only have 2 expansions left to expand, but one needs 5 other 3 pieces of permits which I dont want to spend now, maybe the new quest should need them)

derekpizzaking
01-31-14, 01:59 AM
Why not have just brought back the Valentines Edition to Castle Story? I mean there's a Valentines Candy Mania & Farm Story 2. I hated when the new update came & I no longer had my Valentines Edition. I liked that version better & it was the only one I played on until it was taken away. How hard would it be to give that version back to everyone and just leave it there for those of us who liked it best?

EllieTheBeeEater
01-31-14, 02:12 AM
I've really been enjoying the game lately with all the new quests (especially as they aren't time limited!) but I have to admit I am really, really disappointed. I got so excited when I saw the valentines stuff back... but no Love Shack? Really?!?

I don't see why we couldn't get the building available to buy (like you've done with the kingdom inn, harvest pergola etc after the season is over) even if the quests weren't released with it. I hate feeling that I'm missing out just because of when I started to play :(

vitriolicheart
01-31-14, 02:44 AM
At first all I saw was the animals (I was sleepy, I'd just woken up) and thought how boring. Having read the forums though I am hoping I'll get a goal triggered when I get a lovecupine. That will be different. It's given me something to spend my gems on.

EllieTheBeeEater
01-31-14, 02:58 AM
Reading back through this and the other preview thread I see they are saying "not this year anyway" - this gives me hope. Maybe for valentines 2015 they'll do a big themed quest line (I agree with not releasing an extra 'valentines version' game though) and we can get the love shack then. I really would love to be able to craft an alicorn.

Generally though this game has been truly amazing lately. The fact we've been listened to Re: the time-limited quests feels really good! Thanks to new stuff like the friendly skunkupine I've got plenty of stuff to do (only recently reached lvl30 so got all the Griselda stuff etc) - and it's long winded/difficult enough to be pleasantly frustrating, but without the time pressure that makes you feel hopeless. In short - thanks teamlava!

EllieTheBeeEater
01-31-14, 03:01 AM
Oh and the faerie respite too. Great stuff even though it's taking me an age to build the blooming thing! :)

jannywanny86
01-31-14, 03:12 AM
There is no love shack :( was hoping to get one

sabbywabbys
01-31-14, 03:16 AM
Ive accepted that we will not have love shack this year and cant cradt alicorn and thAt we have to purchase all the valentines day items, ive even spent some gems to purchase those stunning heart trees, but whats up with the fact there are no pink rainbows?! I was most looking forward to those. Even if i had to purchase them for gems. Come on TL plz add them to the sale!

cherriesx
01-31-14, 04:10 AM

Here's the first quest which triggers from the lovecupines. I thought it was the same as last year's beat up lovecupines quest, but that only asked for 1 and this needs 5 lovecupines. So...brand new quest line maybe??

katbtodd
01-31-14, 05:14 AM
The items will be available until shortly after Valentine's Day (February 14). We'll put out an in-game announcement a few days before we remove them from the market.

You can get them from adventures until the day that they are removed from the Market.

They are just for fun :)

We have a big Valentine story update coming up next week, so get ready! :D

Will we beable to store trees after valentines

SpiritWind00
01-31-14, 05:32 AM
No, unfortunately, trees are not storable. You chop them down like any other tree. But they will give you pretty pink wood.

katbtodd
01-31-14, 06:04 AM

Will the love,sheep drop red ribbons

kaif8770
01-31-14, 06:07 AM
A thread named "a look into february" said that we will be having mermaid ponds but i cant see it in the market. I even tried force closing the game but no changes. Plz help.

katbtodd
01-31-14, 06:16 AM
A thread named "a look into february" said that we will be having mermaid ponds but i cant see it in the market. I even tried force closing the game but no changes. Plz help.

Smiling. , it's not February yet give them time

SpiritWind00
01-31-14, 06:17 AM

The very first post says only valentine items are available for purchase in this release. My understanding is that the rest of the sneak peak items will be available in the coming weeks. I would imagine that the mermaid pond will require us to do all sorts of fun things to get it. So hold tight till next week, your game is up to date,and working as it should be. I hope you like the pink things! I can't wait till next week...

girufel
01-31-14, 06:23 AM
Too early. Wait for next update.

plby
01-31-14, 06:23 AM

Here's the first quest which triggers from the lovecupines. I thought it was the same as last year's beat up lovecupines quest, but that only asked for 1 and this needs 5 lovecupines. So...brand new quest line maybe??

What level are you on? That looks like the goal to unlock the magic forge, it is triggered by a skunkupine, you just got it from a pinkupine instead :)

cherriesx
01-31-14, 06:52 AM
I'm 22, already have the magic forge.

katbtodd
01-31-14, 06:56 AM
I was collecting from pink flowers and I got a pinkApine and and I have all of last years valentine verion stuff,,, I got a reg fur not a pink one,,, which I am full off , so I check I still get choclate truffles from love pig and choclate eggs from love chicken ,,and choclate milk from love cow... So the new ones won't give out choclate . Or do they

moon331
01-31-14, 07:05 AM
Ive accepted that we will not have love shack this year and cant cradt alicorn and thAt we have to purchase all the valentines day items, ive even spent some gems to purchase those stunning heart trees, but whats up with the fact there are no pink rainbows?! I was most looking forward to those. Even if i had to purchase them for gems. Come on TL plz add them to the sale!

They must do it on purpose by not including pink rainbows. :(

dalexxx
01-31-14, 07:18 AM
I feel bad buying the pink patch as it says it drops glimmers, yet its a normal mushroom of a different color, been dropping nothing but mushrooms ::/

What a waste of gem, i wouldve bought something else that is useful for that gems sheesh

vednir
01-31-14, 07:34 AM
I feel bad buying the pink patch as it says it drops glimmers, yet its a normal mushroom of a different color, been dropping nothing but mushrooms ::/

What a waste of gem, i wouldve bought something else that is useful for that gems sheesh

The pink mushroom circles do drop glimmerdust. They also produce lovecupines instead of glimmer trolls which is highly advantageous.

ashanthya
01-31-14, 07:51 AM
The new versions of the pink chickens do not drop chocolate eggs, only regular eggs and roast chickens and golden eggs. I got all three! I'm guessing it's the same for all the new releases: Drops same as the regular version, without Valentine's bonuses (love dust, etc.). And I can confirm that the new pink chickens do trigger lovecupines. :)

sassmastah
01-31-14, 07:55 AM
The pink mushroom circles do drop glimmerdust. They also produce lovecupines instead of glimmer trolls which is highly advantageous.

I know that all of the Valentine's stuff from last year triggers lovecupines, but the question remains: will the new Valentine's stuff do the same?

Can someone who did not have last year's Valentines edition and has bought a pink mushroom ring or pink chicken confirm if they've had a lovecupine triggered when collecting from these items? I'm not going to use precious gems on this stuff until I get confirmation from a new player with none of last year's items or preferably from a Storm8 staffer (like Glimmergate or Aggwynn).

Bottom line is that while they are beautiful to look at, they are only worthwhile to me if they spawn lovecupines. I'm still desperate for rat tails as I work towards $500,000 coins for my very own little PePe.

dalexxx
01-31-14, 08:06 AM
Those pink trees? What do they do? Domi get something from it?

Apologies as im new. Havent triggered any lovecupines yet from the pink mushroom patch i bought.

Wish i could return it :: (

jimboser
01-31-14, 08:51 AM
You definitely get a Lovecupine when collecting from the pink animals. My wife has only been playing a month and has already had at least two that I know of. Defeating one of these triggered a new quest line that starts with beating up 5 Lovecupines. If we had this one last year, I can't remember. Not sure what will come next, someone else already mentioned this quest earlier in this thread.

On the pink trees, you should be able to chop these for pink wood, which may or may not be useful later on, my wife hasn't bought any trees, so I can't say.

GBeesHive
01-31-14, 09:23 AM
My knights came home early this morning with a lovely pink unicorn statue!

rachmac07
01-31-14, 09:58 AM
I know that all of the Valentine's stuff from last year triggers lovecupines, but the question remains: will the new Valentine's stuff do the same?

Can someone who did not have last year's Valentines edition and has bought a pink mushroom ring or pink chicken confirm if they've had a lovecupine triggered when collecting from these items? I'm not going to use precious gems on this stuff until I get confirmation from a new player with none of last year's items or preferably from a Storm8 staffer (like Glimmergate or Aggwynn).

Bottom line is that while they are beautiful to look at, they are only worthwhile to me if they spawn lovecupines. I'm still desperate for rat tails as I work towards $500,000 coins for my very own little PePe.

I did NOT have the Valentine's edition last year, and bought several pink chickens. They DO trigger lovecupines, but the lovecupines only drop what the skunkupines do - nothing pink or special.

No, unfortunately, trees are not storable. You chop them down like any other tree. But they will give you pretty pink wood.

I bought some of every tree and tested them all - nothing special drops from them. Only wood and sap. No kissing dust or pink wood or seedlings. All Valentine's items seem to just be regular items in a pink disguise.

rabsos
01-31-14, 10:29 AM

I'm not getting this quest??

rachmac07
01-31-14, 10:36 AM
It doesn't go any further than that one goal. Once you beat up the 5 lovecupines, it ends.

SLMPD
01-31-14, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone, I am new here. Just looking for some help with transferring my Castle Story level 20 from my I-Phone to my I-Pad. Just don't want to lose my Level / Kingdom. I have my Storm ID & password. Just having a tough time trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the I-pad. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, SLMPD

I have also e-mailed Storm Support for help. Thanks.

ginrae22
01-31-14, 10:39 AM

Omg right?! I still don't know why they made that so high! And sadly enough I am always broke and making a lot of things or planting costs money and half the time I look up and i just dropped 50k! So...trying to only collect from coin buildings and craft stuff that doesn't cost a thing. No bueno!

Also sorry i can't comment because I had the v-day special version last year. I'm so bummed for everyone else that they don't actually get the enjoyment of the version only can purchase items. That was sort of an uncool move I think. Sorry but true!

chesterly2
01-31-14, 10:52 AM
Search Storm ID Transfer Thread, there is all kinds of info there. I don't know how to include it here, sorry!

ciarjen
01-31-14, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone, I am new here. Just looking for some help with transferring my Castle Story level 20 from my I-Phone to my I-Pad. Just don't want to lose my Level / Kingdom. I have my Storm ID & password. Just having a tough time trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the I-pad. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, SLMPD

Download restaurant story on your iphone. Click top right hand corner and check you are logged in as your storm ID and password. Then download Restaurant story on your Ipad and then log into using the same ID. Your castle story game should then show in your ipad as you were playing under that ID.

dalexxx
01-31-14, 11:09 AM
Collected from the pink tower and pink skunk came out ::3

Also got a piece of shard in tabernum asking 159 wood and stones...

vitriolicheart
01-31-14, 11:32 AM

It's not February yet.....

We'll probably get it next week.

Petasos
01-31-14, 11:47 AM
Is there anything special dropping from any of these items? I am not referring to what happened last year there are plenty of posts about that. I am asking if the new gem trees drop pink wood, or 2k chickens lay cholocate eggs,or any of the other NEW gem items drop anything which is different. I am particularly interested in players who were NOT playing last year as older players may be seeing the same drops they always have. Also I understand about lovecupines popping for all valentines items so I am good on that. I am trying to decide if I will spend gems on some or any of these items. If they drop something needed for a future quests I will buy, but otherwise I am unsure. So if they do not drop anything special it is unlikely they will be needed for future updates IMO.
I appreciate any feedback.

MiloBear5
01-31-14, 12:39 PM
Is there anything special dropping from any of these items? I am not referring to what happened last year there are plenty of posts about that. I am asking if the new gem trees drop pink wood, or 2k chickens lay cholocate eggs,or any of the other NEW gem items drop anything which is different. I am particularly interested in players who were NOT playing last year as older players may be seeing the same drops they always have. Also I understand about lovecupines popping for all valentines items so I am good on that. I am trying to decide if I will spend gems on some or any of these items. If they drop something needed for a future quests I will buy, but otherwise I am unsure. So if they do not drop anything special it is unlikely they will be needed for future updates IMO.
I appreciate any feedback.

I was playing last year and had the valentines edition, but my new 2k pink chickens still do not drop chocolate eggs :(

steph_rodrigues
01-31-14, 01:13 PM
Hi when i used to play castle story in 2012 i used to be able to download the valentine day edition till pretty late in that year. But my ipod was ruined and by the time i got a new one the valentines edition was taken off. Any chance of getting access to that again?

manu90ela
01-31-14, 01:22 PM
I didn't play vday edition last year. I bought some pink chicken and they do not drop anything special. and neither does the pink sheep. So I'm pretty sure its the same for pink cows and pigs. But they all trigger lovecupines. You get also a goal to beat 5 lovcupines. there is no other goal after that.
The trees give normal wood and sap if you chop them down. And all the other things are only for decoration.

Ah yes... There is a flower and a bush that can give red or white petals and I think its cheaper then the red trilium.

So I really bought all the other things only because I like the pink stuff so much. :)

jessicattt
01-31-14, 02:07 PM
Are the valentines animals the only way you can trigger lovecupines for the quest?

arikasi
01-31-14, 02:35 PM
Maybe we will get lucky and like last year, during valentine season all these animals and even the mine hatchery etc drop the valentines items. Who knows.

I have the valentine shack from last year and can say that Im surprised the shack is not available for purchase for gems. I would think that it would be a good source of income to storm8 and satisfy a lot of newer players.

arikasi
01-31-14, 03:09 PM
I had put my original pink chicken amongst 17 new pink chickens and kept moving them around as the new ones became adult, to keep the babies at the front. Then I had to go back and try to figure out which chicken was the original one that laid chocolate eggs!!!

meme1098
01-31-14, 03:39 PM
;)Hahaha...the old shell game with chickies.

claver1
01-31-14, 04:11 PM
Why dont the pink chickens drop any chocolate egg?

cherriesx
01-31-14, 04:53 PM
Boo, I thought all adventures would drop at least one Vday item but my knights just returned from mines with nada. Even a minor item would have been nice :(

craterlake
01-31-14, 07:58 PM
Can't get excited about this weeks update, basically just looks like TL trying to get people to spend gems. But I guess I'm not big on decorations, all mine are in storage along with towers etc. So I guess it's just a week to build up stock.Must admit I am looking forward to the Mermaid pond, sap used to be a problem - now fixed, rats tails were a problem - now fixed, red petals were a hassle - now fixed. So this next update should fix the Mermaid scale problem.
Still frustrated that just because I started a bit late that I can't builds Alicorns. I've almost got 100,000 stars but because I started a bit later than others can't access the love shack etc.
How about an easier way to get some Red Embers - I've got 5 more dragon eggs to hatch.

Queenzod
01-31-14, 08:24 PM
Well, dagnabbit. I remember the old days, when we didn't have no fancy sap trees, or petal bushes, or even animals that gave us rat tails. No siree, we had to make our own! And we were happy to do so. We were scrappy and weren't too proud to dig in the mud for our rat tails. My cousin fell down the well trying to git mermaid scales. We fished him out, but he had to sleep in the shed for a month cos of the smell. We worked hard, not like you young'uns nowadays who want everything handed to you. There warn't no dragons or wizard schools. There was just regular school, and we had to walk both ways every day. Uphill. In the snow.

Boy, oh boy, thems were the days...

craterlake
01-31-14, 08:35 PM
Well, dagnabbit. I remember the old days, when we didn't have no fancy sap trees, or petal bushes, or even animals that gave us rat tails. No siree, we had to make our own! And we were happy to do so. We were scrappy and weren't too proud to dig in the mud for our rat tails. My cousin fell down the well trying to git mermaid scales. We fished him out, but he had to sleep in the shed for a month cos of the smell. We worked hard, not like you young'uns nowadays who want everything handed to you. There warn't no dragons or wizard schools. There was just regular school, and we had to walk both ways every day. Uphill. In the snow.

Luxury!!! Lol
But what I really wanted to be was a Lumberjack

Queenzod
01-31-14, 08:53 PM
Luxury!!! Lol
But what I really wanted to be was a Lumberjack

You're a lumberjack and you're okay!
You sleep all night and work all day?

sassmastah
01-31-14, 10:16 PM

You just made my day. Hilaaaaaarious!

No sirree bob, those youngins just dun git it

sassmastah
01-31-14, 10:20 PM
You definitely get a Lovecupine when collecting from the pink animals. My wife has only been playing a month and has already had at least two that I know of. Defeating one of these triggered a new quest line that starts with beating up 5 Lovecupines. If we had this one last year, I can't remember. Not sure what will come next, someone else already mentioned this quest earlier in this thread.

Thank you for the confirmation! I traded all my regular chickens for pink chickens when I read this. And at first, I got nothing but regular chicken stuff. But finally, a pink chick triggered a lovecupine! I've had 2 more since. They seem to show up much more often than the regular skunkupines. Yay for a new source of rat tails!!

Petasos
01-31-14, 10:22 PM

Umm, didn't you have the love shack and everything else handed to you as well? Hi pot, I'm kettle.

Queenzod
01-31-14, 10:24 PM
You just my day. Hilaaaaaarious!

No sirree bob, those youngins just dun git it

I live to serve.

sassmastah
01-31-14, 10:27 PM
Collected from the pink tower and pink skunk came out ::3

Also got a piece of shard in tabernum asking 159 wood and stones...

Hold your horses. Are lovecupines spawning from ALL Valentine's Day objects?? Can anyone else confirm if they had a lovecupine appear when collecting from a V-Day pig, cow, fluttermush ring, pink spire, etc?? I'm prepared to paint my kingdom pink if this turns out to be true!

EBJW
01-31-14, 11:07 PM

After reading other experiences I think:

maybe only the people who didn't have the Valentine's edition, but recently bought a pink animal, can trigger the "beat up the.... lovecupine"-quest?!

cherriesx
01-31-14, 11:34 PM

Yeah and if you read the older forum threads, you old timers did even more bellyaching than us young uns ;) why do you think all these nice new items are popping up now? All the updates take a while to plan and code. I'm sure TL took note of recurring complaints by long-running players rather than the recent gripes, and started implementing accordingly.

Awesome post nonetheless!! Loved it!

Now if all the newbies keep whining hard...maybe the love shack will make a comeback in 2016...

midnightmeerkat
02-01-14, 12:53 AM

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?42962-Have-a-new-device-Restore-your-original-account-here!
Look at this thread, it will tell you how to transfer your account from your iphone to the ipad. It will only work if you do not have a storm8 ID already on your ipad.

cloudsail
02-01-14, 12:53 AM
well, dagnabbit. I remember the old days, when we didn't have no fancy sap trees, or petal bushes, or even animals that gave us rat tails. No siree, we had to make our own! And we were happy to do so. We were scrappy and weren't too proud to dig in the mud for our rat tails. My cousin fell down the well trying to git mermaid scales. We fished him out, but he had to sleep in the shed for a month cos of the smell. We worked hard, not like you young'uns nowadays who want everything handed to you. There warn't no dragons or wizard schools. There was just regular school, and we had to walk both ways every day. Uphill. In the snow.

ROFL hahaha :D

luke1100
02-01-14, 01:23 AM
I have lvl 3 spire of loves in my storage ("old" ones). Upgrade to lvl 4 is still needs: 50 love wood, 50 love stones, 5 love essence and 10 pink furs.

Me too.......plus 4xlevel2's........this seems a bit unfair to us oldies as it going to take ages to upgrade them with the love stones........why can't the upgrade material requirements be the same as the new ones? I can't even remember how to get love stone apart from now crafting them in the love shack.........can anyone from TL help

katbtodd
02-01-14, 05:01 AM
Boo, I thought all adventures would drop at least one Vday item but my knights just returned from mines with nada. Even a minor item would have been nice :(

I got nothing,,, for the last two days

jtm101
02-01-14, 05:55 AM
My knights returned with 2 Pink Chickens today (with barracks as well), shame i had already bought 12 pink chickens the day before with coins. What i really want is a Pink Pig, to finish my pink animal collection from last year.

parlski
02-01-14, 06:13 AM
I managed a pink pig and pink sheep. so nice, as I did not have from last year.

robino23
02-01-14, 06:34 AM
I think I will start stocking up on water and mermaid scales. My supply is terribly low. The mermaid pond sounds amazing!

bowlfullofcherries
02-01-14, 07:01 AM
Oh, the rants. Oh, the memories.

sapphirecross
02-01-14, 07:06 AM
THANK YOU!!!

I appreciate knowing at the start how long the items will be in the game and wish all TL games would do this with all temporary content. Just came to post a big thanks to those responsible for this game!

meme1098
02-01-14, 07:06 AM
Me too.......plus 4xlevel2's........this seems a bit unfair to us oldies as it going to take ages to upgrade them with the love stones........why can't the upgrade material requirements be the same as the new ones? I can't even remember how to get love stone apart from now crafting them in the love shack.........can anyone from TL help

Probably chopping those horrid pink trees or doing the valentine adventure.

Sorry you said stones. Can't remember where they comest from.

Ah ha....make them in the love shack from regular stone. You get 10 love stone at a time in 1 hour. So shouldn't take to long to craft them

Sorry...pretty early here & haven't had enough coffee yet.

roguebee
02-01-14, 07:44 AM
I had my pink chicken lay a golden egg this morning!

zoeee87
02-01-14, 09:49 AM

Too funny! Mady my day!

Anyuszko
02-01-14, 11:13 AM

Love stone is easy to get, from 20 stone you get 10 lovestones in loveshack. The real problem is with the essence element, upgrading lvl4-5 it needs 120 mermaid scales if I counted well

jessicattt
02-01-14, 11:51 AM
I've collected from my pink chickens loads of times over the last couple of days and I have yet to trigger a lovecupine :(

luke1100
02-01-14, 11:57 AM
Love stone is easy to get, from 20 stone you get 10 lovestones in loveshack. The real problem is with the essence element, upgrading lvl4-5 it needs 120 mermaid scales if I counted well
well that's not going to keep me busy is it lol......thanks guys.....love shack is now working overtime

BriarAvenue
02-01-14, 03:08 PM
I managed a pink pig and pink sheep. so nice, as I did not have from last year.

Don't understand. If you hv the love shack, you can buy them all, same amt of gems
except for the chicken, which now costs coins instead of gems.

BriarAvenue
02-01-14, 03:16 PM
I've collected from my pink chickens loads of times over the last couple of days and I have yet to trigger a lovecupine :(
I believe it's easier from the pink mushroom ring

arikasi
02-01-14, 06:09 PM
Has anyone collected from a pink cow,pig or sheep that you got in a box from an adventure? I wondered if the newly won valentines animals gave out chocolate items.

EnchantedCastle
02-01-14, 07:27 PM
Wonder if animals bought from love shack are different from the market in that they give out special V-day items such as chocolate eggs?

monstermash1
02-01-14, 11:00 PM
Omg right?! I still don't know why they made that so high! And sadly enough I am always broke and making a lot of things or planting costs money and half the time I look up and i just dropped 50k! So...trying to only collect from coin buildings and craft stuff that doesn't cost a thing. No bueno!

Also sorry i can't comment because I had the v-day special version last year. I'm so bummed for everyone else that they don't actually get the enjoyment of the version only can purchase items. That was sort of an uncool move I think. Sorry but true!

Plant and you will get lots of mney💲

monstermash1
02-01-14, 11:05 PM
Lol so true I been playing since the begining and I never spent 💲 either!

monstermash1
02-01-14, 11:07 PM
Umm, didn't you have the love shack and everything else handed to you as well? Hi pot, I'm kettle.

The love shack yes great but most of us waited almost one year for parts and It really is not used much

monstermash1
02-01-14, 11:09 PM
How did you get all those eggs I have only got ton one !!!

andreiamarques30
02-02-14, 03:30 AM
Will the valentine quest still continue to give valentine's animals, plants, etc, after the valentine update finishes?

katbtodd
02-02-14, 04:12 AM
My knights returned with 2 Pink Chickens today (with barracks as well), shame i had already bought 12 pink chickens the day before with coins. What i really want is a Pink Pig, to finish my pink animal collection from last year.

I want the pink sheep ,,I recieved,nothing valentine from my adventures and I got the barracks too ,, I was thinking it was because .. I have the love shack. But you getting stuff and you have the valentine last year too ,,

katbtodd
02-02-14, 04:30 AM
My game is broke , I'm not getting anything from my adventures

katbtodd
02-02-14, 08:05 AM
I need help,,, if I buy the sheep from the love shack will it still give me red ribbons,,, versus the one in the market that only give wool

m1stery
02-02-14, 08:54 AM
Has anyone collected from a pink cow,pig or sheep that you got in a box from an adventure? I wondered if the newly won valentines animals gave out chocolate items.

I got one pink cow from the adventure and it gives regular stuff (milk and hides), so no chocolate items. I don't have Love Shack but I think this is true regardless of that.

freesiawoods
02-02-14, 09:14 AM
My daughter got a pink cow from an adventure and I got a romantic fountain. Holding out for a cupid pig!!

moon331
02-02-14, 09:40 AM
My daughter got a pink cow from an adventure and I got a romantic fountain. Holding out for a cupid pig!!

Which adventure was the romantic fountain from? I want one but it costs 100 gems! Thanks.

jptheripper
02-02-14, 09:43 AM
random from all at the moment

dezzzila
02-02-14, 10:20 AM
Boo no Valentines Day items from adventures yet. D:

katbtodd
02-02-14, 11:41 AM

I haven't got any yet either,,, our games are broke,,

tigarlilyvol
02-02-14, 12:30 PM
I haven't got any yet either,,, our games are broke,,

Just got a love puff

luke1100
02-02-14, 01:17 PM
Not got a thing either and I've done one every day!

fino212
02-02-14, 04:41 PM
I think the reason the newer v-day items aren't giving anything special like chocolate eggs and kissing dust etc is simply because those things aren't needed for anything anymore like they were before so it'd be pointless giving them to people when they can't be used. It sounds like in the next big Feb update there will be a whole new quest line around v-day which will involve using different items. You will get given what you need to use. Otherwise the v-day items like animals and trees etc are just for decoration so the newer players get a chance to have them and also they are useful for triggering lovecupines as others have said already

labsandboxers
02-02-14, 08:21 PM
Ditto. I've been sending out since the update from both sources and not one pink items has shown up. Waiting for Thursday. I'm hoping for some expansions. I'm almost maxed on trade tickets. And have been on lanterns. Still waiting on more mithril I've been crafting with silver. It might bite me though since the next update might need silver also.

freesiawoods
02-02-14, 09:16 PM
Not too sure but probably the ancient vaults. Though I think the drops are random from any adventure. I already crafted two fountains long ago oh well.

ruusupuu
02-02-14, 11:08 PM
I made 5 adventures and received only one Pink Mushroom circle by now.

jenm10jaar
02-02-14, 11:58 PM
I got a carriage this morning, nice,

katbtodd
02-03-14, 03:03 AM
Ditto. I've been sending out since the update from both sources and not one pink items has shown up. Waiting for Thursday. I'm hoping for some expansions. I'm almost maxed on trade tickets. And have been on lanterns. Still waiting on more mithril I've been crafting with silver. It might bite me though since the next update might need silver also.

Wow max out on trading ticket how many do you have,, you can have more then 99 , if that is what you think max out is,,

labsandboxers
02-03-14, 05:55 AM
Great. Thanks for that I just assumed that they where like everything else. I almost waisted them upgrading my chateau. Other wise I'm just waiting for Thursday. And trying to get the mithril I need.

katbtodd
02-03-14, 08:29 AM
Great. Thanks for that I just assumed that they where like everything else. I almost waisted them upgrading my chateau. Other wise I'm just waiting for Thursday. And trying to get the mithril I need.

I Thought the same thing..until some body posted they had 5 hundred and some thing, I thought they were kidding,, but they were not.. I have 160 right now... I keep my exchange busy,, to see how many I can get before the land opens up ,, glad I could help

jimboser
02-03-14, 01:50 PM
I made 5 adventures and received only one Pink Mushroom circle by now.

Between the Keep and Barracks, I think I've got 7 adventures done so far, and no Valentine's items have dropped from any of them. I did get another Pumpkin Hutch and a black cow, but no VDay items at all so far. I even rebooted my iPad before collecting today, didn't help.

Castloninian
02-03-14, 02:05 PM
Between the Keep and Barracks, I think I've got 7 adventures done so far, and no Valentine's items have dropped from any of them. I did get another Pumpkin Hutch and a black cow, but no VDay items at all so far. I even rebooted my iPad before collecting today, didn't help.

Same here, I did get another apple tree and a pumpkin hutch and maybe even something else but no pink things.

Queenzod
02-03-14, 02:19 PM
I've gotten a love puff and a kissing lamppost so far.

esmerelda35
02-03-14, 02:22 PM
I got a pink cow.

echo1996
02-03-14, 02:29 PM

Same here, about 8 adventures after last update and not a single pink item. I did receive the wing after one year's play though. So I won't complain.

PikaSquirrel
02-03-14, 04:38 PM
The Valentine's Day animals from this year will only drop normal items. For example, the Love Pig from this year will only drop Bacon and Truffles, no Chocolate Truffles. The animals from the Love Shack will give you the animals from last year so they will still drop last year's Valentine's Day items.

dragonflynz2
02-03-14, 04:47 PM
2 x adventures = new alicorn for me. I suddenly am having a run on alicorn parts! Oh and a dragon statue and various valentines plants

olcastle
02-03-14, 04:55 PM
The Valentine's Day animals from this year will only drop normal items.

Do they trigger lovecupines or fangbeasts?

glimmergate
02-03-14, 04:59 PM
Do they trigger lovecupines or fangbeasts?

Lovecupines.

vednir
02-03-14, 06:57 PM
I'm glad people are getting lucky on adventures. Only an overgrown bench for me today. But I did start producing absorption crystals again for the love shack based valentine's adventure.

marse66
02-03-14, 07:27 PM
If the love shack is not available for the newer players, would there be any valentine adventures?

mrsstrawberry62
02-04-14, 01:53 AM
Something is happening this week . Just waiting for when it starts.

katbtodd
02-04-14, 03:46 AM

Your not alone,, same here, the game doesn't play fair does it !

katbtodd
02-04-14, 03:48 AM
I'm glad people are getting lucky on adventures. Only an overgrown bench for me today. But I did start producing absorption crystals again for the love shack based valentine's adventure.

Going to have a yard sale on over sized benches , I got another one today too

katbtodd
02-04-14, 04:26 AM

If we get critters from valentine adventure ,,would it be the new ones or the ones that give chocolate, and stuff

bowlfullofcherries
02-04-14, 07:46 AM
Two days... I'm bouncing in my seat and drumming my fingers... my attention wanders often these days, too... TWO DAYS!

jimboser
02-04-14, 09:10 AM

Just posting an independent confirmation of this, at least for the Pink Chicken. It seemed odd that the 'new' pink animals were dropping slightly differently than the older ones, my original assumption was that if a player had the Love Shack, they should get the older drops (chocolate items, glimmer dust, etc) with the new pink items, but this is not the case.

I just put a number of my pink chickens in storage, and sure enough, I had two separate pink chickens listed. Flipping these to get the info, one simply said 'A pink chicken', the other had an additional line 'Always gives Chocolate Eggs'. So these are distinct animals, even though they look identical and have exactly the same names.

I also noticed with the Love Spire that it was upgradable with normal wood and stone, but my Love Spire from last year required Love Wood and Love Stone to be upgraded. I have to assume that all of the newly released pink items are also unique, and the drops on these have no bearing on if the player had the Love Shack or not.

jimboser
02-04-14, 09:11 AM
If we get critters from valentine adventure ,,would it be the new ones or the ones that give chocolate, and stuff

See my prior post. Anything dropping now will be the 2014 version, and will not give chocolate or other 2013 items.

ciarjen
02-04-14, 09:42 AM
2 x adventures = new alicorn for me. I suddenly am having a run on alicorn parts! Oh and a dragon statue and various valentines plants

Which adventures gave you the alicorn parts?

It's been a year for me and no drops yet.

jimboser
02-04-14, 10:02 AM
Indeed! I'm 5 horns short of 5 alicorns... ;)

Last I remember, odds of getting these were the same on all adventures.

ciarjen
02-04-14, 10:28 AM
Indeed! I'm 5 horns short of 5 alicorns... ;)

Last I remember, odds of getting these were the same on all adventures.

At least you have something ;) all I seem to get is overgrown benches, lol

marse66
02-04-14, 10:44 AM
Which adventures gave you the alicorn parts?

It's been a year for me and no drops yet.

It took months and months before I got a horn so ended up buying the first Alicorn then all of a sudden got enough parts to make 3 so now have 4 of them... As for the adventures.. I usually always go on Hunt Roaming Bndits and Search The Ancient Vault unless otherwise requested for a goal but pretty sure I got the Alicorn parts from my regular adventures.

cad33
02-04-14, 11:08 AM
Excited for the 3 part series coming out. I'm saving up (first time I've really been able to get ahead of the game). Granted, I could take my 3rd-6th libraries from lvl 2 to lvl 5; or my 2nd-4th cottages from lvls 1 to lvl 5. But those are just so far down on the to-do list (and yet the only things that remain); that I'd rather have a nice stack of 40+ fancy block and beams ready to go on Thurs!

katbtodd
02-04-14, 12:20 PM
At least you have something ;) all I seem to get is overgrown benches, lol

I'm having a yard sale on those...

katbtodd
02-04-14, 01:05 PM
Has any body esle noticed the loveshack is missing some things inside,,, and the potion not bubbling on the out side any more... But I still have the heart smoke

youbugme
02-04-14, 01:49 PM
Has any body esle noticed the loveshack is missing some things inside,,, and the potion not bubbling on the out side any more... But I still have the heart smoke

What are you missing? Everything seems to be there for me (except that dang Alicorn window is clouded as I cannot seem to find a wing).

pipsqueak203
02-04-14, 02:19 PM
My potion doesn't bubble anymore either, but nothing seems to be missing from inside.

opal308
02-04-14, 02:51 PM

The pictures for the kissing light post and romantic fountain are no longer there and the potion barrel on the outside no longer bubbles. Several if my neighbors reported the same. Can someone from TL look into this please?

katbtodd
02-04-14, 03:00 PM
What are you missing? Everything seems to be there for me (except that dang Alicorn window is clouded as I cannot seem to find a wing).

The fountain for one,,, and lamp post I think

monstermash1
02-04-14, 03:07 PM
My pink trees (I bought some of each) do not drop anything special. Just wood and sap (and the occasional living wood).

Funny I crafted my trees in love shack and they still drop pink stones!!

monstermash1
02-04-14, 03:11 PM
The pictures for the kissing light post and romantic fountain are no longer there and the potion barrel on the outside no longer bubbles. Several if my neighbors reported the same. Can someone from TL look into this please?

I spoke to a couple of neighbors they all report the same thing.......no picture on fountain and lamppost but if you have the love shack and have the parts the green box comes up to craft...I can report it works even though no picture you can visit my wall and see the posts I crafted a pink ink because that's what I need for fountain and now I can craft one if I chose prior to having the parts it didn't allow you to craft ...but the pictures in fact are not there hope this helps

monstermash1
02-04-14, 03:17 PM

I believe it only bubbles while crafting....I tested this on my potion shop I have two one is bubbling one is not

monstermash1
02-04-14, 03:21 PM
See my prior post. Anything dropping now will be the 2014 version, and will not give chocolate or other 2013 items.

Well I still get pink stone from trees that were crafted and all the pink stuff lol dust ect from old items

fabulus12
02-04-14, 04:49 PM
I'm really looking can't wait for the update. Mermaid pond sounds wonderful, I would love a way to be able to get tails. More energy will be great. Are we going to be able to give more than 3 neighbors gifts? Is there going to be ways to earn gems?
I was looking forward to the getting the valentine items, I understand the the old players don't want the same quests. But it's disappointing that they are the same as the other animals, just a different color. I would love a way to craft an Allicorn, I had to buy the ones I have.

opal308
02-04-14, 04:53 PM
I believe it only bubbles while crafting....I tested this on my potion shop I have two one is bubbling one is not

Love shack does not bubble when in use. I tried it.

valpeaches78
02-05-14, 01:39 AM
Hi,
I'm in Sydney, Australia. Could anyone please tell me why we don't receive any specials here and never get gem specials either?
Thanks, Val.

dragoniakingdom
02-05-14, 02:35 AM
Hi,
I'm in Sydney, Australia. Could anyone please tell me why we don't receive any specials here and never get gem specials either?
Thanks, Val.

Hi Val, I'm in Perth,Australia & do get these offers:

Currently have gem "sale" showing & have just had a Baron challenge for the Valentine Edition of the Mystery game.

I assume these are the type of specials you mention?

valpeaches78
02-05-14, 03:56 AM
Hi,
Thanks, Val.

Hi Val, I'm in Perth,Australia & do get these offers:

Currently have gem "sale" showing & have just had a Baron challenge for the Valentine Edition of the Mystery game.

I assume these are the type of specials you mention?

Yes these are the kind of specials, I definitely don't have the gem special. As for the Valentines Baron special, what exactly is it, I don't see anything like that, all it have is the pink skunkupine thingy special. I'm on an ipad air and everything is up to date, so I can't understand why. Maybe they just don't like me, lol! I really wanted to get some gems to buy stuff, but why pay full price when you can get it on special. I'll just have to wait, maybe some ppl get it later than others.
Thanks for your help and taking the time to reply. I'm a 1st timer at forums so I have no idea what I'm doing. Hope this comes out ok.

dragoniakingdom
02-05-14, 04:20 AM
Yes these are the kind of specials, I definitely don't have the gem special. As for the Valentines Baron special, what exactly is it, I don't see anything like that, all it have is the pink skunkupine thingy special. I'm on an ipad air and everything is up to date, so I can't understand why. Maybe they just don't like me, lol! I really wanted to get some gems to buy stuff, but why pay full price when you can get it on special. I'll just have to wait, maybe some ppl get it later than others.
Thanks for your help and taking the time to reply. I'm a 1st timer at forums so I have no idea what I'm doing. Hope this comes out ok.

Don't worry about first time on the forums,you are doing great.:)

The Baron challenge was when I was collecting from buildings & a pop up showed - Download Mystery Crimes,Valentine Edition. I now have the 2nd part to reach level 7 in that game.

If you check on the gems purchase area on the top of the game,mine has "sale" across it.

Not sure if the device you are using has any affect..I'm on an "ancient" iPad.

minndom
02-05-14, 06:26 AM
I bought the chicken, I had pig and cow earlier. Do these new ones drop also Valentine stuff? I haven't seen a chocolate egg yet, the old ones still drop chocolate items.

Beauvans
02-05-14, 06:30 AM
In love the pink serenade walls, please enlarge the limit on walls. Would like to surrounded my kingdom.

m1stery
02-05-14, 08:22 AM
Did anyone get the valentine pink sheep from the adventure? I'm asking cuz I wanna know can I get one from the first Ancient Vault adventure?

katbtodd
02-05-14, 08:38 AM
Did anyone get the valentine pink sheep from the adventure? I'm asking cuz I wanna know can I get one from the first Ancient Vault adventure?

Good luck in what ever you decide. I have not recieved one valentine thing from any of my adventures,,,

vitriolicheart
02-05-14, 09:20 AM
Good luck in what ever you decide. I have not recieved one valentine thing from any of my adventures,,,

Same.
:(

meme1098
02-05-14, 10:02 AM
I haven't gotten any either but not sure if that's because I have the love shack

celphyn
02-05-14, 10:22 AM
Me too, i got nothing from adventures... yet
(Got too much bench and pumpkin hutch which are useless to me =/)

LELLYSLAIR
02-05-14, 10:30 AM
Absolutely adore Castle Story and have no issue with buying bits and pieces for hard cash to support the development of it but why, oh why, do we have to suffer the incessant and flagrant advertising from Team Lava of other games. I find myself constantly clicking, close, close, close and getting more and more infuriated by it daily. Please stop. Advertise occassionally perhaps but not every time I log on to play :-(

Petasos
02-05-14, 11:34 AM
As long as the timers stop resetting, I am all for the advertising. But it is very annoying to have a 9 day timer quest in you log for 3 month due to the timer resetting every other day. It would be super cool if they added a delete option.

ciarjen
02-05-14, 12:01 PM
Anyone noticed a drop in mermaid scales in recent days?

I know we are due to have a mermaid pond....with my recent drops I am getting desperate and I wonder if the two are connected. I doubt the mermaid pond will be easy to get or free somehow.

starbows
02-05-14, 12:29 PM
I think chances to get mermaid scales are higher if you let the pond rest a little ... At least thats my impression. The more often I harvest, the less mermaid scales I get.

starbows
02-05-14, 12:34 PM
I got a pink sheep yesterday, but I don't remember what adventure it was. Most of the times I get animals with spicy feast (whatever adventure that is), or with sweet feast, but lately I get mostly useless stuff like overgrown bench or lanterns.

glimmergate
02-05-14, 12:44 PM
Anyone noticed a drop in mermaid scales in recent days?

I know we are due to have a mermaid pond....with my recent drops I am getting desperate and I wonder if the two are connected. I doubt the mermaid pond will be easy to get or free somehow.

This goes against our philosophy. We will never lower droprates of items from free sources just to incentivize premium item purchases. In general, we don't like lowering item droprates at all once they go live. We haven't changed mermaid scale droprate and have no plans to do so now or in the foreseeable future.

anissada
02-05-14, 01:27 PM
This goes against our philosophy. We will never lower droprates of items from free sources just to incentivize premium item purchases. In general, we don't like lowering item droprates at all once they go live. We haven't changed mermaid scale droprate and have no plans to do so now or in the foreseeable future.

sorry but i disagree.. the item we need for a certain goal or upgrading a building, drops less than when we do not need them.
playing for over a year and noticed it more than once...
when i have over 80 scales in my invetory i get plenty, when i have 20 i get almost none.. so you can reply the rate doesn't drop, but reality tells different

anissada
02-05-14, 01:32 PM
isn't it possible for newer player to get the love shack?
it's just not fair that they can not make absorption crystals, which are needed for the Dispel the Love Magic quest.
also they are not able to craft special plants, trees and more.. it's a pitty

eicyarg
02-05-14, 02:00 PM
I did get a pink sheep, but not sure which adventure.

plby
02-05-14, 04:15 PM
Well I still get pink stone from trees that were crafted and all the pink stuff lol dust ect from old items

This. I've gotten a couple of kissing willows from resent vault adventures and they store separate from last years willows in the inventory. Assume they're going to give regular wood when chopped, while all the old flowers and trees in my kingdom still give the 2013 valentine items when tended.

cloudsail
02-05-14, 05:46 PM
sorry but i disagree.. the item we need for a certain goal or upgrading a building, drops less than when we do not need them.
playing for over a year and noticed it more than once...
when i have over 80 scales in my invetory i get plenty, when i have 20 i get almost none.. so you can reply the rate doesn't drop, but reality tells different

This is psychological. When you are short of something you tend to pay more attention to whether or not it drops, and experience more disappointment when it doesn't. When you don't need something you may note with pleasant surprise when you see it drop, but care less when it doesn't, and because you aren't using it it builds up quickly in your inventory. Other than an increase after getting the first shard, for me mermaid scale droprate seems pretty constant. Some days I get unlucky and none drop at all, some days I get lucky and a bunch drop all in a row. The amount in my inventory goes up and down depending on how much I'm using them at any time. Same goes for any resource with a random droprate.

pigricesnow
02-05-14, 06:54 PM
I also get the pink sheep from adventure.

SpiritWind00
02-05-14, 07:09 PM
happy happy happy as the new release is nearly here..... Any sneak peeks????? PLEASE PLEASE TL!! Using the words 'next week will be MAJOR' was agony, sweet nonetheless! My neighbours and I are super excited for tomorrow. thank you for continuing to roll out great storylines and ideas. It generates much discussion between my neighbours which is fantastic. Do we get our new levels tomorrow?

In regards to the previous couple of posts, I've been playing this game since the beginning and my general observation about drop rates is that the less you have of an object the less it drops, and equally so the other way, if you have more than say 20 of something, it tends to drop more. Mermaid scales for me drop about 1 in 3 or 4 collections. You need to have at least 6-8 ponds/wells to keep getting a steady supply. I've never run out but am careful when making things with scales to not go beneath a certain threshold. Now I know saying that is controversial, but we don't all have the same things or play the same amount (time wise) so it's going to be different for everyone. Even those with 2 accounts will agree that the game if different on each device.

Enjoy the game for what it is. It's not a race, take time and enjoy the journey. Laugh about your frustrations with your neighbours but most of all have fun playing, otherwise what's the point. This game is fantastic and if nothing else, I bet you've made a good friend or 2 along the way, I know I have. That's worth more to me than having to craft my own mithril time and time again which I do cause you do whatever it takes to finish a goal.

Castloninian
02-05-14, 10:01 PM
Today for the first time I got a Valentines item from an adventure, both adventures actually. I got a fluttermush ring from Ancient Vault and one of the pink trees from Desert Sands.

I have noticed that I've been a lot luckier with gifts from adventures this past week. I got a couple of dark rock formations, an apple and a lemon tree and some other decorations...

aelam101
02-05-14, 10:45 PM
Nicely put, SpiritWind00��

JustKay
02-05-14, 11:20 PM
This is psychological. When you are short of something you tend to pay more attention to whether or not it drops, and experience more disappointment when it doesn't. When you don't need something you may note with pleasant surprise when you see it drop, but care less when it doesn't, and because you aren't using it it builds up quickly in your inventory. Other than an increase after getting the first shard, for me mermaid scale droprate seems pretty constant. Some days I get unlucky and none drop at all, some days I get lucky and a bunch drop all in a row. The amount in my inventory goes up and down depending on how much I'm using them at any time. Same goes for any resource with a random droprate.

I would disagree. From experience (a lot since I play almost every hour or so), if your inventory drops below twenty items your chances of getting this item appear to reduce. Different items are effected differently, but even rare items appear to follow this rule. I have been getting a regular supply of Adamant recently (up to 32, only one of which was constructed). I have 60 dragon scales (some times getting 2 dropped at the same time now), and at one point I was maxing out on Enchanted Essenses (and the Illumination Potions) since I kept having to use up Mermaid Scales. I almost always get these 2 out of 3 tries (I have two wells and a pond). I'm not sure if this is by design, or a bug in their drop algorithm.

JustKay
02-05-14, 11:26 PM
.... I've never run out but am careful when making things with scales to not go beneath a certain threshold. Now I know saying that is controversial, but we don't all have the same things or play the same amount (time wise) so it's going to be different for everyone. Even those with 2 accounts will agree that the game if different on each device. ...

Same here, I try to avoid letting my inventory drop below a certain level, although these days it's more like I'm trading and crafting to avoid maxing out on items! What to do with all this stone once I max out on Ornate Blocks (now at 87).

JustKay
02-05-14, 11:29 PM

Nice observation! Will have to do the same. I'm sick and tired of fang beasts. I keep getting them. Maxed out on bones and teeth, and don't even have the troll horns to trade them away. Also could use more tails.

mrbinky
02-05-14, 11:45 PM
I got a cupid pig, not sure which adventure from. Also a kissing willow and a love puff.

anissada
02-06-14, 01:25 AM
Same here, I try to avoid letting my inventory drop below a certain level, although these days it's more like I'm trading and crafting to avoid maxing out on items! What to do with all this stone once I max out on Ornate Blocks (now at 87).

i am fortunate to have the love shack. you can use stone and wood there for love stone and love wood

anissada
02-06-14, 02:26 AM

no it's not psychological!
i have 9 wells, collect them all at once, if my scales are high, i get at least 6 drops out of 9
if my scales are low i am lucky if i get 2 or 3

m1stery
02-06-14, 03:22 AM

Does this mean that the Mermaid fountain is going to be gem decoration?
Ah, either way it goes I think I'm buying it! I'm so desperate for mermaid scales it's unbelievable!!!

katbtodd
02-06-14, 03:33 AM
no it's not psychological!
i have 9 wells, collect them all at once, if my scales are high, i get at least 6 drops out of 9
if my scales are low i am lucky if i get 2 or 3

I have 10 ponds and wells. And I can collect one time get zero ,,,collect another time get 7 and again get 4 it's never constant , for me always fighting to try to get them up , I must collect from them at least 2 to 4 times aday

anissada
02-06-14, 04:04 AM
I have 10 ponds and wells. And I can collect one time get zero ,,,collect another time get 7 and again get 4 it's never constant , for me always fighting to try to get them up , I must collect from them at least 2 to 4 times aday

i collect as much as i can, keeping water under 99 by using it in things i don't even need...
last three times collecting so 27 hits... got me FiVE mermade scales total

anissada
02-06-14, 04:46 AM
btw.. my dragon is seriously ill... he doesn't give dragon scales but coal or money... anyone knows which medicin i should give him to get back to its old self?

katbtodd
02-06-14, 04:50 AM
btw.. my dragon is seriously ill... he doesn't give dragon scales but coal or money... anyone knows which medicin i should give him to get back to its old self?

Mine must have the same illness , for days all I got was coal I just got one scale this morning ,,, it's has to run it corse he will get better soon , I think mine is lonely I got to get him a mate soon

anissada
02-06-14, 06:59 AM
Mine must have the same illness , for days all I got was coal I just got one scale this morning ,,, it's has to run it corse he will get better soon , I think mine is lonely I got to get him a mate soon

i have got two eggs... but my knights can't seem to find any burning ember....

fish63
02-06-14, 06:59 AM
I can not buy love tower or any building! It tells me to level up! I wish I could!

katbtodd
02-06-14, 07:59 AM
i have got two eggs... but my knights can't seem to find any burning ember....

I have neither I will have to buy it ,, i do sent sweet out,,hoping to bring back the ember,,, and I click on the forgotten roast every day, all I get is manticores think I have 6 now

m1stery
02-06-14, 10:50 AM
I can't wait for the news of todays update! :D I can sense it's going to be great! :D

katbtodd
02-06-14, 10:52 AM
Alittle more then two hours and we will know some thing

Em_storm
02-06-14, 10:55 AM

How smart are you! Now I don't feel so bad about mostly getting those from past adventures. Thanks! I did actually get a love sheep this week (from Dark Caves, I think). They're so cute...

katbtodd
02-06-14, 11:19 AM
Today for the first time I got a Valentines item from an adventure, both adventures actually. I got a fluttermush ring from Ancient Vault and one of the pink trees from Desert Sands.

I have noticed that I've been a lot luckier with gifts from adventures this past week. I got a couple of dark rock formations, an apple and a lemon tree and some other decorations...
I still haven't got one yet,,, I wonder if it's because I have the love shack. , and those who have it,, are not getting the stuff through the adventures. , always would love more critters

my607
02-06-14, 11:25 AM
I have Love shack and I just got the Cupid pig from adventure

esmerelda35
02-06-14, 11:27 AM
I still haven't got one yet,,, I wonder if it's because I have the love shack. , and those who have it,, are not getting the stuff through the adventures. , always would love more critters

I also have the love shack, and got a cupid cow from an adventure.

katbtodd
02-06-14, 11:35 AM
I also have the love shack, and got a cupid cow from an adventure.

Thanks for answering that,I have not received one valentine thing yet

kooky panda
02-06-14, 12:06 PM
New update thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64778-Castle-Story-01-30-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day-Items)

Edit- New update thread is here! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65081-Castle-Story-02-06-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day)

craterlake
02-06-14, 12:10 PM
What time is the next update due?

anissada
02-06-14, 12:14 PM
New update thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64778-Castle-Story-01-30-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day-Items)

duh, takes us right back to post no 1 in this topic...
we want to know about the one that's mentioned/promised for this week 😍

kooky panda
02-06-14, 12:15 PM
Usually it comes out around 2:00 PM TL Time

(In about 45 minutes)

You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

kooky panda
02-06-14, 12:16 PM
duh, takes us right back to post no 1 in this topic...
we want to know about the one that's mentioned/promised for this week 

HAHA sorry about that. Try this one!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65081-Castle-Story-02-06-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day

ciarjen
02-07-14, 03:06 AM

Thanks for your response and that is encouraging to hear.

I hit a dry patch with regards getting mermaid scales. In fact I was not even getting the fish I usually get - just coins and xp from water sources. But my stock of these items had fallen to below 20 and like others have reported, I found the drop rate go down for me.

I've collected a lot of water in the last couple of days and the drop rate has gone back to its usual on both fish and mermaid scales.

Now if I could just get an alicorn part to drop as I have been waiting for a year, that would be great :D

mulan12
02-07-14, 03:36 AM
Thanks for your response and that is encouraging to hear.

I hit a dry patch with regards getting mermaid scales. In fact I was not even getting the fish I usually get - just coins and xp from water sources. But my stock of these items had fallen to below 20 and like others have reported, I found the drop rate go down for me.

I've collected a lot of water in the last couple of days and the drop rate has gone back to its usual on both fish and mermaid scales.

Now if I could just get an alicorn part to drop as I have been waiting for a year, that would be great :D

I finally got my last Alicorn part after over a year. A very long time to wait!

shambalaya
02-10-14, 02:40 AM

I second this

Oliver118
05-15-14, 10:40 PM
I'd just like to say a really big thank you to everyone at TL for your commitment to the weekly updates. I knew it was going to be worth sticking with during those couple months of silence, but now Thursday is my favourite day of the week! Updates get to me (UK) in the evening, so I love coming home from work to see what's new.

Looking forward to the Valentine items - keep up the great work! :) xx

In the UK too, I usually check them out on Friday morning.