PDA

View Full Version : Is this game going away because it crashes and crashes and crashes

juliette214
01-30-14, 04:22 AM
I have the first iPad with iOS at 5.1.1. My storm id is KSfarmin. The game is crashing worse than it has in the past and that was pretty bad. Should I not be playing because my iPad is too old? The game crashes when attempting to do all activities, buying, selling, trading, planting, harvesting. It does seem to work when I want to buy gems though. Please fix or tell me I should not be playing. Thank you

kooky panda
01-30-14, 06:17 AM
Can you update the software version on your iPad?

Regina;835117']Unfortunately, your device meets the minimal requirements for our games and may have performance and memory issues. As you level up, adding more items and animated decorations to your board, the game requires more resources from the device. If the device is older, it will cause the game performance to decline.

You may be able to improve game performance by closing down background apps to free up more resources.

We are looking further into optimizations for the future, but you may still experience issues if you have a device with limited specs.

1Peter1Pan1
01-30-14, 07:20 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem and original iPad too. It crashed before, but with no other running apps it works. With the Valentine edition I cannot play at all. Can I migrate the game at iPhone 5? Is it playable at the small display?

[S8] Regina
01-30-14, 01:00 PM
We are definitely trying to improve the memory issues and the team is investigating a fix for these crash reports. Thank you for your patience! :)

WinnyWoos
01-31-14, 05:49 PM
I cannot even play for a minute without my game crashing. This has gotten so old and I stay more aggravated with this game that it's to the point that Im no longer having fun anymore. I've got the most up to date version and my phone is also up to date. This game only gets worse with every new update and I'm done until TL can get THEIR SERVERS "UP TO DATE" always saying it's something the players are doing or aren't doing instead of just owning up to the fact that this is NOT OUR FAULT. It's a pity because I enjoyed this one. But when it becomes more of a hassle than enjoyable, what's the point. Such a shame.

angela3737
02-01-14, 10:14 AM
Thanks for working on the crashes and memory issues ..I check daily on the forum to see if any hope of a fix or a heads up to forgo if TL not able to fix ... I wish TL would try multi devices out to see performance like iPad 1,2 and itouch 4 is a one no longer working since last update ..

I also wish I saved the previous update becuase at least even with lots of crashing I would be able to seek in the shop after 10 attempts and now zero ability ..

[S8] Regina
02-01-14, 11:07 AM
We have tried to investigate the performance on multiple devices, especially the older ones that are being reported. The team is continuing to find fixes for performance on older devices. Thank you! :)

TinksThots
02-01-14, 02:56 PM
Regina;839679']We have tried to investigate the performance on multiple devices, especially the older ones that are being reported. The team is continuing to find fixes for performance on older devices. Thank you! :)

I can tell you exactly how to fix it - fewer animations, or an option to turn them off. That's what eats up all our RAM memory and crashes the app. Bingo bango, solution. You're welcome. ^_^

juliette214
02-02-14, 07:25 AM
Thanks for responding. I believe I can not upgrade to another OS level on this device, but will check with Apple. Could you transfer this instance of the game to my new iPhone 5? What info do you need? I appreciate the response

jacobtoddsmom
02-03-14, 01:02 AM
I had the same issue with crashing! I couldn't post to anyone's walls or play for more than 5 minutes before it would crash. I fixed it and you might could too with what I did. I completely uninstalled the game and then did a reinstall. Works like a jewel now, I imagine it comes from updating and the overwriting. Worth trying you won't lose your progress! Make sure just in case you have a password set and Resturaunt Story to log back in Lord forbid you aren't already logged in on reinstall������

jacobtoddsmom
02-03-14, 01:04 AM
Thanks for responding. I believe I can not upgrade to another OS level on this device, but will check with Apple. Could you transfer this instance of the game to my new iPhone 5? What info do you need? I appreciate the response

To transfer your game make sure you set a password in the help FAQ section of the game. You can log into any device with your Storm8 ID and password with Resturaunt Story. Hope this helps you������

[S8] Regina
02-03-14, 11:50 AM
We are looking into these performance issues, especially decorations with animations, and how to minimize these assets for older devices. Thank you!